• Published 5th Dec 2013
  • 312 Views, 0 Comments

The Destroyer of Knowledge - Banatato



Spellsworth, Papyrus, Dr. Shape, and The Collector need to stop the evil Destroyer of Knowledge and save all pony knowledge of all eternity.

  • ...
 0
 312

Moving to Ponyville

I was merely sitting on my castle library home thing’s doorstep eating a sandwich when it happened. ‘It’ was dark green vines, darker than I’ve ever seen; they were surrounding the library and already had completely obliterated my force field.

I ran into the house and quickly entered my daughter Papyrus’s room.

“Pappy! Quickly, help me, perform as many force field spells as you can right away! The Everfree has finally invaded our home!” I said.

Pappy is my daughter, Papyrus Mistrin. She’s a small, white, unicorn filly with short, blond-ish hair and yellow eyes. Her cutie mark is a piece of paper. She’s very shy. She was born from a failed Flybook spell. And a Flybook is a book that’s been enchanted to fly and do things, such as follow commands, they keep their memory inside of the pages of their book.

“Okay, Daddy, I’ll help.” She got up from her bed where she was quietly folding an origami crane, which, for reference, is her special talent, paper!

I ran galloped downstairs, or possibly ran, maybe trot, it’s quite confusing really.

“What are we going to do?” Pappy asked, kindly and quietly, though scared.

“We are going to transplant the library to Ponyville, near the Everfree forest, but far enough away to be safe!” I replied.

“How will we do that?”

“We will do it with lots of stuff, a bit of things, and quite a lot of thingamajigs!”

“Okay.”

I then ran outside and opened up the saddlebag that I always wore but was completely invisible and carried lots of stuff, a bit of things, and quite a lot of thingamajigs. I took out a dozen round bottles full of a shiny blue juice-like thing, it was bottled unicorn magic. Blue is the color of my magic, I am blue; I’m a blue colored stallion unicorn with lighter blue, sticking-up hair and green eyes, with a bit of light tan on the bottom of my hooves. My name is Spellsworth Alexandas Mistrin. On my face I wear square glasses and a calm ‘everything-will-be-perfectly-fine’ look, but I am crazier than that. My cutie mark is a scroll, specifically the scroll of Flybooks. Around my neck there is a peculiar little orb of mixed stones and minerals, when I moved it seemed to be moving differently, it seemed to be floating for an unnatural period of time when it should already have been pulled down. This small orb was The Mineral Orb, a sentient amulet that can do basically anything with minerals and stones and can also fly, and grant me magical assistance.

It floated up and glowed with the magic highlight in which most spells needed to be used, its highlight was a gold color.

I first made a small (as in weak) force field that would cut the dirt very far down and take out my house. Then I did what was probably the most terribly hard and tiring levitation spell of my whole, thirty year life. I was levitating my house, and my house has somewhere around twenty rooms if you don’t include the basement, which is huge and you should. It has the library, the main house rooms, and the gardening areas, it’s terribly large.

It was in the air and I was using a tiny bit of my magic to help me drink the bottled unicorn magic. The thing about bottled unicorn magic, let’s call it BUM for short, is that it is basically a unicorn energy drink; it literally gives you energy, magic energy.

The castle/library/home was now up in the air, but, I soon saw, there was a little problem that I would be dealing with. In the sky along with me there were tons of clouds, which is normal, that were gray, also normal, moving by themselves, still normal, and with lots of spikes and things in them, not so normal. They were chasing me and my house, I looked at Pappy.

“Get . . . in . . . the . . . house!” I yelled, I highly value her safety.

I was now trying to fend off clouds while escaping from the evil vines down below and exiting the Everfree, I’m going to faint when this is done, I always faint when things like this happen. I thought. You see, when I do tons of magic I need to drink the BUM to keep up my energy and still I happen to faint a lot after these things and be out for a day, also, I have to sleep twelve hours a day or I can’t do magic that well.

I finally was far enough away from the clouds to be able to go quickly out of the forest and set up a strong enough force field to keep me safe. I landed by one of the lesser known paths to the Everfree forest. Then The Mineral Orb swallowed, or ate, or possibly removed the dirt under my house so that it would fit snugly in the ground and then strengthened the ground so that it seemed nothing had happened, but I still had the fertile Everfree soil under my hooves.

Pappy walked out of the house and over to me.

“Hey daddy is it safe now?” she asked.

“I believe it is not, my Pappy.” I heard a familiar voice say. This was Dr. Shape, he’s a chemist, alchemist, and physician, he has this ability to turn any matter into another matter, any, he can even morph himself, with the touch of a hoof and/or magic. “I was just about to come over to help you Spellsworth, but I say you have handled it well.” He said, he was white with black hair today, his cube cutie mark on his flank, and his eyes the normal purple they will always be, they are doors to the soul, the color cannot change.

“Well, I need help protecting the library, and, I’m going to faint if I do anymore magic.” I said, you see, my special talent is writing, reading, and imagination, not magic, despite being very good at magic, I can’t do a lot at once like ponies such as Princess, wait, she doesn’t like to be called that, Twilight Sparkle can, I’m not that good.

“Oh, well let’s get it up then, how about!” Another voice, this one was The Collector. He was a burgundy stallion with blue hair in a neat fashion; he wore upon his head a green fez. His cutie mark was a die, a diamond, and a magnet. He was, quite obviously, specially talented in collecting things and finding them, but he was a unicorn and could do magic as well.

They quickly helped me secure the force field, I walked back to the doorstep and picked up my sandwich with magic, I moved over to a table outside my house and sat down, Dr. Shape, The Collector, and Pappy sat down too.

“You are quite lucky to own this bit of land.” Dr. Shape said looking around at where I had landed my house, “You have a place to put your library somewhat out of the way, but close to civilization but very peaceful, not as gloomy as the Everfree, at least.”

“The Everfree forest is neither gloomy nor un-peaceful. Quite frankly it is interesting.” I said.

“And there are lots of little things you can find around there.” The Collector agreed.

“There’s, um, clouds?” Pappy tried to agree, but didn’t care either way really.

“Fine, not gloomy, but still, a bit dark.” Dr. Shape said.

“So, why’s this all happening?” I asked.

“Well, that’s what the Elements of Harmony are trying to find out, Twilight summoned Discord, but apparently he did nothing, but I now Discord’s chaos when I see it and when I smell it.”

“What does it smell like?” I asked.

“Cotton candy clouds pouring chocolate milk, if it wasn’t made by Discord then it was in one of the areas he ruled a few thousand years ago.”

“Sounds correct.”

Then Shape transformed into Discord, a bit smaller than him though, and said, imitating Discord: “But I’ve reformed! It wasn’t me!” he said.

The other three of us laughed while he turned back to what he was before, “I love your imitation of Discord! It’s almost perfect, besides your eyes.” I said.

“Spellsworth, after this is over I want you to keep your house here, you are actually in Ponyville, you know.” Dr. Shape said.

“I will, but I want to find a better area for my library, I’ve studied everything in the Everfree but next to nothing of civilization, so, I think it’s about time, do you think I should find some land that’s been abandoned and purchase it? I’ve got a lot of money waiting to be spent; those diamonds I found a little while ago in a diamond cave have made me kind of rich.”

“There, in fact, is an open patch of land a bit larger than your house, you could live there if you buy it.”

“Is it pretty? Who are the neighbors? How much is it? I’ll buy it now!” I said.

“Well, it seems that all of this chaos is finally over for a bit, we can go now.” Dr. Shape said.

We got out of my house and began walking over to the plot of land that was for sale, there was a pony there looking sadly at it, he had likely been trying to sell it for a while.

“Hello good sir, I’ve heard that you are selling this plot of land, I’m quite interested.” I said to him.

He lifted his head happily, “Well this here piece of land had a house on it, but the ponies who owned it left recently and gave it to me to take care of, I’m only selling it for seventy thousand bits and you don’t have to pay right away.”

“I don’t know, I think it should cost seventy-one thousand bits, and I can give you them all right now!” I said I took out a piece of paper and hooved it to him: “This here is seventy-one thousand bits, just bring it to the bank and stuff, okay?”

“DEAL! It’s yours!” he said, running to the bank greedily.

“Spellsworth, must you always pay more money than it costs?” Dr. Shape said.

“Yes, I must pay more because it’s worth more.” I replied.

“He has a point; this area of land is cheap for how much it is.” The Collector agreed.

“Thank you. Can you two help me get the library over here?” I asked.

“Well hello there, ponies! Why don’t I just bring it over?” Discord said, he snapped his fingers, and the library was there completely.

“Oh, thank you, Discord.” I said.

“You’re welcome!” Discord said, snapped again, and was gone.

“Well, at least he’s nice now, perhaps reformed even.” Dr. Shape said.

“I believe so, anyway, I need to rest, good night everypony.” I said.

They said goodbye and I went into my room to rest, tomorrow I will have to do a lot of stuff to get acquainted with Ponyville’s ponies.