• Published 3rd Dec 2013
  • 941 Views, 11 Comments

The History of the Alicorn Amulet - Old Ben Kenobi



Ever wondered about this amulet's backstory?

  • ...
0
 11
 941

Chapter 3- The Adventure Begins!

"Starswirl, I know you are passionate about this, but it's going too far! The only Dragon old enough lives in the Crystal Mountains; you cannot seriously be considering this!"

"For this prize, nothing is too far, you hear, Nothing!"

Celestia stared at Starswirl. She had never seen him like this before.

"Starswirl, if you are committed to this quest, I will not stop you. But I cannot help you either. I have made it clear that I do not approve of this task, and so if you must do this, it will be without my aid."

Starswirl and Celestia looked into each other's eyes. The student and the teacher must finally part ways.

Starswirl nodded, then slowly turned around and walked out of the room.

"Starswirl the Bearded," said Celestia. Starswirl stopped. "I wish you all the luck in Equestria."

Now, you, dear reader, may be wondering what Starswirl's plan is. Here is an extract from the Canterlot Archive's book entitled Rare Gems of the World.

Out of all the gems in Equestria, the rarest is known as the Fire Ruby. The Fire Ruby glows with faint, flickering inner fire.The reason why this gem is so rare is not only due to the circumstances for it to come into being take such a long time, but also the fact that it is nearly impossible to acquire it even after it has been made. A Fire Ruby starts out in the gut of a baby Dragon. Over centuries, it grows slowly bigger, until a time where the Dragon has reached adulthood. Once the Dragon has grown large enough, he will bring forth a burst of flame from his mouth, and from this fire, there will be a Fire Ruby. Out of a dragon's hoard of gems, the one he values the most is his Fire Ruby. A Dragon would give away his Fire Ruby as soon as he would give away his heart

Starswirl walked into the main hall of the Castle of the Royal Pony Sisters. The two flags behind the thrones, one for Luna and the other for Celestia, fluttered gently in the dusk air. Celestia stood in the centre, and watched as Starswirl walked out the double doors, with his staff and a red velvet cloth tied to it, which carried all his equipment for the journey. As the doors of the castle closed, a dark figure descended from above Celestia.

"Shall I raise the moon now, Sister?" Asked Princess Luna.

"Yes,"Celestia said. "I think I need a rest. It's been a long day."

As Starswirl walked into the Everfree Forest, he looked up at the sky one last time, and saw a black, winged figure silhouetted against the newly risen moon.