• Published 3rd Dec 2013
  • 1,834 Views, 11 Comments

Hugh Bliss' Revenge - Lock Target



Stop me if you've heard this one, a 6ft dog in a suit and a 3ft hyperkinetic rabbity-thing drive to a world of talking ponies from the lake...Sit tight, it gets better.

  • ...
27
 11
 1,834

Chapter 2: So it is written (Based on a Mayan Prophecy about Sam and Max blowing up the Earth)

Where we last left our heroes, they had just ran into the two most unusual indeviduals they have ever met. Pinkie wanted to give them a tour, but they wound up taking them to Twilight.

"...And that's the whole story" Claimed Sam.

"...You found a glowing tunnel in your world and it took you to our lake?" Twilight asked in a tone of disbelief.

"Yep" Max replied, "Just a regular day to us. So, go any good shooting galleries around here?"

Sam places a hand on Max's shoulder. "I don't think they even know what a gun is, little buddy" he said.

"Well, why don't we educate them?" Max asked uplling out a tiny cannon with a handle on it.

"Put that away, applehead!" Sam yelped, "The last time we introduced weaponry to a peaceful world, it started a war!"

"You started a war in a world similar to our's!?" Twilight shouted.

"WE'LL ASK THE QUESTIONS HERE!" Max snapped firing a shot in at the ceiling.

"...You'll have to excuse him, your majesty" Sam said with a sigh, "...He's nuts"

"Believe me, I know the type" Twilight replied glancing at Pinkie momentarily, "And by the way, I'm just a princess in TRAINING, not a full-fledged one"

"There's a difference?" Sam asked.

"Never mind" Twilight groaned, "So, your curiosity is the ONLY reason you're here?"

"Either that or there's a prophecy to it" Max answered, "Probably, 'Two beasts, one who resembles a brown dog garbed in grey, the other, a rabbit with the mouth of a shark shall come to our world' or something like that"

"Don't jinx it Sam, I mean, Max" Sam pleaded in a chagrined tone.

"So it is written by the author, Sam, so it shall be" Max responded trying to sound spooky.

"...Wait, which one is who again?" Spike asked.

"He's Max, and I'm Sam...I mean, HE'S Sam and I'M Max" Max answered.

"For some reason, we get our names mixed up sometimes" Sam added, "But we manage to correct ourselves"

"...Um...Okay?" Spike said after thinking about it.

"CAN WE GET TO THE POINT ALREADY!?" Rainbow Dash shouted, "...Sorry, me and Twilight-"

"Twilight and I" Twilight said.

After giving Twilight a lingering "Don't start with me, Sparkle" look, she continued. "...We were ABOUT to have lunch before the girls showed up with you guys. Then we had to focus on you and you go on about underwater tunnels and prophacies...Something about a Super Ball or something- I DON'T KNOW!"

"Maybe...You should, um...Eat something?" Fluttershy suggested.

"...That might help" Dash said taking a bite out of her sandwich.

"Case and point" Twi sighed.

"My condolences" Sam said shaking off his jumpiness, "Would your majesty object if we show a couple of your subjects with us for a while?"

"Yeah" Max added, "Maybe President Superball would like to meet some ombudsmen from this little trip?"

"...Heh, it's adorable how he uses words he doesn't know the meaning to, isn't it?" Sam asked rubbing Max's head.

Moments later, Sam, Max, Spike and the girls are back at the lake, Spike is inside the vehicle with an abundance of supplies. Pinkie Pie is absent.

"Alright, girls, the De Soto's all set" Sam said giving a thumbs up. He then jumps into the driver seat as Max enters the passenger side.

"Okay, Applejack" Twilight started, "You and Rainbow Dash are going to a world similar to the one I went to in the Sunset Shimmer incident. Keep in mind that in the three days I was in THAT world, I didn't study much about it, so you might need to rely on these two get you through most of it. I'm sending Spike with you in case you want to send a letter back here"

"You sure that's gonna work, Twi?" AJ asked.

"Hmm...In case it doesn't, take this" Twilight answered pulling out a rotund crystal. "This is a Contact Crystal. It'll allow us to speak to each other using my magic as a beacon. It's similar to a device they call a 'phone', except it will work on an interdiensional way...I hope"

"And if you should bring back any souvenirs, make them...A little hygenic?" Rarity requests.

"WAIT!" Pinkie said as Fluttershy rolled her eyes, "WE FORGOT TO THROW A GOOD LUCK IN THE NEW WORLD PARTY!" she cried as she tripped knocking the crystal out of AJ's hoof into Spikes claws then bouncing herself and Fluttershy into the De Soto on top of him.

Sam shuts the De Soto and they set off back to their world. Regaining her hat from Rarity's face as a disoriented Twilight stood unresponsive of the incident, AJ takes a look into the water.

"...That can't be good" she said after a pause.

Suddenly, Zecora emerges from the Everfree Forest.

"The demonic roar that filled my ears, what I have witnessed confirmed my fears" she said in a distraught tone.

"Fears?" Twilight asked.

"This day is a woeful one to behold, one written in the days of old" Zecora answered with her head hung low, "According to writings way back when, the Hyublis shall soon rise again!"

"...What exactly IS a Hyublis, sugarcube?" AJ asked.

With a sigh, Zecora gives Twilight a book and a scroll. "Take these and you will know, we'll meet again at your home, for now, I must go" she finished reentering the forest.

"...If the first part of that is what Max theorised, I'll eat one of Rarity's hats" AJ claims.

Unfurling the scroll, Twilight skims it and lowers it to look with a discomforting smile.

"Uh...Rarity, do you have one made of straw?" she chuckled sheepishly.

"Oh, um, I DO have this sombrero I can't do a THING with, a-ha-ha-ha" a terrified Rarity said trying to help Twi lighten the mood.

"...Anypony got any katchup?" AJ asked with a seious uneasy look on her face.

To Be Continued