• Published 4th Dec 2013
  • 794 Views, 50 Comments

Shepherd of Fire - ERich935



Sometime in the distant future, Equestria is at the brink of being erased in time from a paradox on an impossible day. Their only hope belongs to an Earth Pony, who must work together with his closest friends; the Mane Six to save Equestria.

  • ...
66
 50
 794

Rise Above

FLASHBACK - 8 Months before the Present Day

Princess Luna returned to the castle with complete haste after leaving from Ponyville. She knew I was here.

"Where are you! I know you’re here! Please… I've waited too long…" said Princess Luna as she entered main hall.

She looked around everywhere, but couldn't see where I was until I finally spoke,

"Waited too long for what, Luna?"

Luna turned her head to see me walking down the stairway.

She walked towards me slowly as she asked, "Is it you? Is it really you after all this time?"

I continued walking, until the light of the moon shined on me.

Luna smiled delightfully as she said, "It is you! Young Shepherd of Fire it is you!" But as she came closer, her smile changed to a frown very slowly as she said, "But... you look so... different... Your scar..."

"What scar?" I asked.

"It's not there..." said Luna, as she examined my face.

"You called me by my nickname..." I said.

"Who are you?" Luna asked as she backed away.

"I'm not the one to tell you that, Luna." I said, giving her a serious look.

The doors to the main hall flung open, as Twilight Sparkle ran in with the rest of the Mane 6 as she asked, "Princess Luna! Is everything okay?"

"We saw you looking very worried when you flew back to your tower, and we weren’t quite sure if something bad was happening or something important." said Rarity after Twilight asked her question.

"Well, I can assure you that everything is fine, Twilight Sparkle." said Luna, in response to Twilight's question,

Twilight took a sigh of relief as she said, "Well that’s good. I mean after all of these things happening, it wouldn’t surprise us that something was happening or going to happen when you left."

Luna laughed slightly before she spoke, "Well, I’m glad that you came anyway. It would have been the right thing to do if something did happen."

"Oh, I see you met Star Blade!" said Twilight as she noticed me standing by Luna's side.

"Oh, yes! He told me about helping you find me." said Luna, a bit nervously.

"Well, since everything is alright now that you’re back, we still have to get ready for-" said Twilight before she stopped herself. "I mean we have some important work to do. See you soon!"

"Very well then, see you too Princess Twilight." said Luna before the Mane Six walked off.

Just as they were leaving, I could see Twilight looking back at me, looking very confused. She immediately stopped to turn around and ask, "How did you know that page in the book would help us find Princess Luna?"

"If you want to find the answer to that, you must put the pieces together. This is merely the first piece, but I'm sure you'll find the rest soon." I said, without giving them too much. With that I nodded to Twilight, and she returned the favor as she walked with her friends.

Just as the Mane Six was out of sight, Luna looked to me and asked, "Who they called you before, Is that your real name?"

I looked back at her as I questioned, "Do you not know what my real name is? Is the Shepherd of Fire the only name you know me by?"

"Spoilers..." said Luna before she looked away.

"Soon I won't need to be told that word anymore." I said, in response to that word.

"Are you coming from... then?" Luna asked, turning her head towards me.

"Yes..." I replied, looking towards the direction to Ponyville. "I can't stay for much longer though. I have to be there."

"I understand..." said Luna as she looked down upon her subjects in Canterlot from the window.

"It's something that must be done without choice." I said, also looking out the window.

"My sister was in a situation similar to that... you already know what that is though." said Luna as she looked up at the bright moon.

"One thing I must ask, because I know I will feel this way when I make my decision." I said, while looking up at the moon as well. "Did it hurt her?"

"So much... she would never forget about it even after all of these years." said Luna with a sad expression, as she continued to look at the moon.

"Neither will I."

_________________________________________________________________________________________

PRESENT DAY - 1:13 - 2 minutes until the paradox opens

With so little time left on the clock, we couldn't help but to think what would happen if we didn't succeed.

As we stood into our positions, Twilight came to me and said, "Star Blade, while we were on our way to Canterlot before, you said that the Song of The Divider was very well hidden. right in front of you just when you least expect it. I never understood, but why is it that you were the only pony I know that noticed such a thing?"

"It's because I listen very carefully. I've heard the song countless amounts of times wherever I've went. To most ponies, they never suspected that it was the same song played at the same time " I said as I turned my head, looking at Twilight in the eye. "So listen very closely as that clock strikes 1:15."

I was looking at my watch, one minute left, it was time. As we all stood up ready to face this very moment, Twilight noticed the looks on everypony’s faces looking sad. I could tell she wasn’t sure why, but that didn’t matter at the time. The past, present, and future of Equestria was now in our hooves… As the clock struck 1:15, we watched as the Void opened. The paradox was beginning to take shape...