• Published 30th Nov 2013
  • 886 Views, 7 Comments

A sniper's heart and his rifle - BlastingCap



when Celestia blamed Luna for a attack on a base as a act of rebellion, she tries to imprison her in stone. when Luna got wind of the plan she fled and raised an army. they have been fighting ever since but, a young stallion may just change the war.

  • ...
4
 7
 886

The story of war

The Earth stallion who’s coat as brown as the thick of dead trees, took a deep breath as he was stalking on his stomach through the thorns and thicket of the underbrush. Poking at his fur is unpleasant as he crawled. The weight of his gear is making it hard for him to breathe as he is approaching his objective. He could hear the noise from the rally. He stopped as his muscles tensed when he could hear hooves and voices coming toward him. He slowly turned his head toward the noise as it got closer to him. He began to draw his pistol from its holster. He saw the white coats of a couple royal guards. He could heard them talking about what happened over the week.

The one closest to him said "I hear that we have lost Applelusa, and that Cloudsdale is under siege anypony that tries to escape has been captured or shot down and killed.”

The far one looked at him.

"Damn, that is the third city this month by this rate we are going to lose Ponyville, then Canterlot in two months.”

The near one said something he could not hear as they pass him toward the rally. He sighed as they passed and he shivered thinking of the thought of being caught and captured. He took at deep breath as he pushed the thought away. He holstered his pistol and continued toward the back of the valley where the rally was being held. The noise got louder as he drew nearer. The energy of the ponies could be felt from miles away as they are waiting for Princess Celestia’s speech. He could see the lights from the stage as he got to his objective. He looked at his watch and it was almost 10o’clock. He looked side to side angry as he waited for his partner to meet him here. He clock alarm vibrated telling him it was 10o’clock he looked side to side one more time.
With an angry sigh, he closed his eyes

"Damn it Nightwing you are suppose to be here at ten.”

He pressed his ear piece and spook "Nightwing, where the hell are you? I am here at the objective and in position. Headshot out.”

He sighed took off his saddle bag and with his hoofs he took out a rifle then, began to set his FFP.

"Ahhhhhhh!” a pricing scream filled the dungeon.

As a dark stallion Pegasus screams in agony as his flesh is burning as a cherry red hot sword being pressed into his side. The dark Pegasus is breathing deeply from the pain. His eyes are wide as he tried not to black but, they begin to flutter as he began to slowly slip into unconsciousness.

"Aw, don’t black out yet Nightwing the fun is just now beginning.” a voice came out of the darkness that surrounded nightwing.

The sound of the unknown pony made his eyes pop wide open with fear. With some the draining strength he had left, he raised his head

"Who the hell are you, you sick bastard! Show yourself!” he yelled with all of his might.”

"I am just your good run of the mill citizen of Equestria. I am just doing a job I was hired too do. And as from me showing myself I will give you the pleaser of seeing the last pony you will ever see again.”

With a small chuckle the sound of hoof steps on the wood and stone flour started to make him fear the pony that he was about to see. When he came into the dim light of the one bulb hanging from the ceiling. His appearance was filled with scars and missing patches of fur. He was green with a some what grey mane. Pairs of blood stained dog tags on his neck made Nightwing shiver in fear. But, a glint from the light showed his own clean dog tags that came from the Changeling war that started after the wedding of Shining Armor and Princess Cadence. The eye patch of the pony stared into Nightwing‘s eyes.

"Now, where were we? Ah, I remember.”

But, as he began to pressing the sword to Nightwing’s other side the voice of Celestia came out from the darkness. It made the green pony jump from surprise making him let go of the sword, burning the wood floor under Nightwing. Nightwing sighed in relief but, his head shot up in shock as he realized that Princess Celestia was here.

"Now, I think that is enough Crypt. I think our friend here has something to say.”
As she trotted out into dim light.

As she looked at Nightwing’s shocked face.

"I thought that you-” Nightwing could not finish his sentence in shock.

"What? Did you think I would go to a rally in a valley? The would be filled with snipers, HA! You make me laugh. I‘m not stupid. If I was I wouldn‘t be ruler of Equestria. I told Twilight to take my place and to keep a shield on at all times.”

Nightwing’s eyes snapped to his watch as it vibrated and his ear piece spoke out in max volume and the voice of Headshot came out.

"Nightwing where the hell are you? I am here at the objective and in position. Headshot out.”

Celestia broke out into a grin

"So, it looks like Luna has sent the best after all. Even after he left to join Luna and her pansies he still manages to get on my nerves. His death would be a big moral booster to my army and will probably help liberate Cloudsdale with him gone.”

As she paces in a circle around Nightwing’s chair. She turned around as Nightwing is breathing slowly just trying to avoid blacking out.

She yelled "Spike, can you come down here?”

When Spike came into the light you can see that he has grown from his child height. He was about to half up Celestia’s neck; his purple scales were covered with scars and golden armor. He was still skinny

"Yes, Princess? What do you need me to do?”

"I need you to tell the royal guard at the rally in mist valley that there is a sniper targeting Princess Twilight and to kill on sight.”

His eyes widened as he heard the words but, took a breath.

"Yes, Princess.”

He glared at Nightwing. But, before he left he tapped the Princess’ shoulder.

"Yes, Spike?”

“Can I do something to the sniper you have right now?”

She nodded. Spike walked over to Nightwing. He stood there a foot from Nightwing’s face. Spike took a deep breath then, jabbed Nightwing in the stomach. Spike leaned forward just to Nightwing’s ear.

In a whisper “That was for trying to get Rarity, you piece of shit.”

He backed off and turned to Celestia her face had not changed at all when she called him.

"I shall send to news to Royal Guard at the rally.”

Headshot took a deep breath as he got onto the rifle. The scope made the stage jump out. You could see every detail of the stage, from the color of the curtains to how many nails are in each plank of wood. With his hooves he filled two magazines of ammunition and placing one in the rifle then, chambering a round. The clinking of metal against metal soothed him but, made him nervous as there were guards everywhere. He relaxed when the music from the trumpets rang out silencing everypony. He swiveled the rifle toward the end of the stage. He took a deep breath but, in mid breath he stopped.

"What the hell is this?” he thought almost yelling it out.

Princess Twilight came walking out with a team of royal guard along with her.
She began to speak about the war.

“Thank you all for coming her tonight. I know everypony has heard the rumors about Applelusa. Sadly, especially for my dear friend Applejack that those rumors are true.”

The entire valley was silent not a single sound could be heard. Headshot pressed his ear piece when Twilight began to talk about not to worry.

“Capt. Browntrack this is Headshot. Do you read me? Over”

"This is Capt. Browntrack I read you loud and clear, what is your status?”

"Nightwing is missing, and the target is not here.”

"What do you mean that Nightwing is not there?”

"Nightwing has not met up with me and he is thirty minutes late. I am afraid that he has been captured.”

"Damn” he paused. "Ok, this is just a set back. Now, the target.”

A twig snapped when Headshot was about to speak making his ears perk. Headshot drew his pistol with his hoof.

“Celestia is not here, Twilight has taken her place. Engage target?”

Rustling of leafs made Headshot cock the hammer.
"Yes. Engage target. Helicopter evac two miles east of your position.”

“Roger that, Headshot over and out.”

Headshot took a deep breath as he settled back on the rifle and on Twilight’s chest. Before he pulled the trigger he stopped when a thought plowed into his head.

"This is too easy.”

Headshot scanned the area from guard to guard.

"Where are the rest of the guards? There should be more. Where in the bloody hell are they?”

Then, something made Headshot freeze at the stage. Twilight was introducing a prisoner.

"May I introduce prisoner 66958 or what most ponies know him by… Nightwing.”

The crowd cheered. The crowd cheered.

The guards herded Nightwing out of his cell and into shackles. His burning sides ached with every step as they moved down the hallway up to the stage. His mind burning with the last thing he remembers. Nightwing was sitting on his chair after Celestia told Crypt to leave for a minute. Just before Nightwing blacked out. Celestia told Nightwing that she is going to kill Headshot right in front of everypony. Then, well still shackled Celestia teleported him to Mist valley.
The lights blinded him as he got on the stage. With Twilight Sparkle at the podium she said.

"Now everypony I shall show what to do we do with any enemy special operations pony that we capture.”

Her horn began to glow at the point with a very bright light. At a thirty second charge before she released the energy. She looked at Nightwing.

"This is for my friends. This is for Applejack.”

As she released her magic but, the magic hit the back of the stage as her shield was shattered, knocking her to the ground. Shots began ringing out behind Headshot as he began to center the scope on Nightwing’s shackles he smiled as he shot releasing Nightwing. Headshot could hear the hoof steps behind him. He pressed a recorder and spoke a message into it. He pressed a beacon on his dog tags. He took a deep breath as he took off his guille suit and shot two of the closet guards while throwing the recorder in the valley below. The other three guards came from the trees and into the clearing then, began to shoot at him one hitting him on his side. He tackled one onto the ground and with his pistol he shot the guard in the face. He took out his other pistol and began to shoot with both using the dead guard as a cover but, to no avail the rounds went through hitting both the dead guards and Headshot. He smiled. He jumped into the air shooting the guards, killing them while in the air. With rounds hitting him in the stomach and chest. As he stood over both the guards when he landed on them. He staggered as he went from hoof to another. He was on the ledge by the waterfall. He looked at his dog tags and tore them off along with his helmet. The visor has been shattered from one of the rounds. He placed the helmet with the tags inside with them on a little rock cave he saw earlier that was hidden from sight at the top. Everypony was looking at him from the rally. He spoke with the loudest voice he could. His voice echoed through the valley.

"Nightwing, I had a good run and it looks like I finished my race. Now, get the hell out of here before my sacrifice is a waste.” he muttered fell into the valley and into the river.

He looked at his shackles and realized that Headshot had shot them. He opened his burning wings and took off. Tears rolling down his eyes.


At Lunar Republic Headquarters in the everfreet forest. 10:45 PM
Two days later.


Capt. Browntrack was pacing back and forth as a nurse is applying burn cream and bandages on Nightwing as he is laying on a hospital bed. Browntrack stopped and looked at Nightwing.

"Nightwing, you are lucky to be alive. If it wasn’t for Headshot shooting your shackles you would be dead. Instead of killing Twilight he saved you, why?! And how did they get you?!”

Nightwing sighed.

"Sir, I am going to tell you how I got caught. Plain and simple. They just found me. I made no noise when they found me. Like they knew where I was going to be. They were prepared to haul my gear and transport me. They knew I was there and they were coming after Headshot. For Headshot saving me and not killing Twilight I have no idea why.”

Browntrack put his hoof in his face in frustration. He took a deep breath. Then, his eyes widen out of nowhere. .

"A spy. There has to be a spy in this base. But, only a select few had access to the files and plans. But, who? Who? Who? Who?”

"Doctor!”

"Who?” Browntrack raised an eyebrow.

Nightwing just busted out laughing.

"But, seriously who?” shaking the joke off.
Browntrack was talking to himself at this point. He looked at Nightwing.

"Nightwing do you know anypony that hates you and Headshot?”

Nightwing looked down from the ceiling at Browntrack.

"No, not anypony that I know of.”

The nurse backed away from the bed.

"That is all, Nightwing call me when you feel a burning sensation or any pain.”
She left with a smile while Nightwing and Browntrack were talking. When the door closed shut she looked up and down the dark corridor. She took out an ear piece from her saddlebag. She placed it in her ear. She looked once again the check if anypony was there in earshot. She pressed the button.

"This is The Nurse. They know.”

She took everything off and placed it in her saddlebag. She walked down toward her with a smile thinking.

“Fools. Those damn fools. Don‘t mess with the Solar Empire”

Nightwing looked at Browntrack as he left for the night. Browntrack looked back at Nightwing.

“Are you sure that you are fine?”

"Yes, I’m fine.”

"Ok, but you are going to have to rest until you burns heal. That will take a couple days. So, rest up.”

He smiled.

"You know he would want you to continue your run. We will get the pony responsible for hi-” Nightwing interrupted Browntrack.

"He chose to save me. He chose to die there in that valley. He told me one time before the mission. That he used to live in a valley as a colt. So, at least he died where he enjoyed. But, yes we will get the assholes that killed him.”

Browntrack just nodded and closed the door. Nightwing looked at his gear on his night table. He took a deep breath and turned over on the bed. As he was about to fall in the warmth of sleep a sound broke the air. He turned over and on his dog tags a green light. He looked around for the sound. Beep, beep, beep. He looked at his dog tags and it was the locater tag. He smiled. He flopped on his bed.

"Tomorrow, tomorrow.”



The royal castle in Canterlot.
Two days after the rally event.

Celestia was red with rage as she looked at the video footage from the rally again. She turned to her winged guards.

"How could you let Nightwing escape?! You know that his capture was easier then it have should been and that has made he suspicious. He had burnt wings he had shackles on his legs that slowed him down! And even when he got out how did he manage to out fly you! My father!”

She put her hoof in her face. The guards coward back in fear. One of them came up to her with a brave face.

"Um, Princess the reason that the shackles broke is that Headshot shot them before he attacked the ambush squad. The reason he got away is that we were busy trying to protect Princess Twilight when her shield shattered and searching for Headshot’s body when he fell.”

She sighed and started to calm down as a white unicorn came up and whispered something into her ear.

“Fine, at ease. You are lucky that we have spy looking for him. You are free for the night.”

The guards talked among themselves and started to leave for their quarters.

"Spike?”

"Yes, Princess?”

"Um, can you check on Twilight. I think she is still upset at the fact that a sniper almost killed her at the rally.”

"Yes, Princess.”

He ran off with his tail rubbing on the ground toward Twilight’s room. All royalty in the immediate area had to come to the castle. But, being Twilight she would not leave without her friends and their families. So, the Cutiemark crusaders were running about creating havoc. Granny smith, Rarity, Pinkie pie, Rarity’s parents, and the cake’s kids, Twilight’s parents, Fluttershy, and of course Angel were at the castle as well.
After about thirty seconds after everyone has the room Celestia started to burst into tears silently. Then, a knock on the door.

“Come in.”

A Black royal guard with a green mane opened the door.

“Princess Twilight Sparkle wishes to speak with you highness.”

“Let her in.”

Twilight came in with sorrow in her dry eyes. But, kept her head high.

“Princess Celestia I want to give you a request.”

"Ok, what is it, my fateful student?”

She took a deep breath.

"I want to be part of the strategy division. I want to a bigger part of the war to help forget the snipers. I want to help Rainbow Dash get out of Cloudsdale. So, will you let me?”

"Uh” she hesitated "Yes, will let you but, there is two things I want you to promise me.”

"What?” as she tilted her head little.

"I want you to promise me not to go on the front lines ever. Two, I do not you to get revenge for Applejack. Even when you feel like you have too. Like at the rally when you almost killed Nightwing.”

“I promise.”

Celestia smiled and made a small chuckle.

"Do you Pinkie promise?”

She laughed and it seemed to lift her spirit.

"Yes, I pinkie promise cross my heart or I hope get a cupcake in the eye.”

She smiled and it helped Celestia smile knowing that her favorite student was going to be as ok as she can possibly be. Twilight left the room with a smile but, as she was trotting down the hallway her face went from pure joy to utter dread as started to think about Applejack. Tears started to roll off her face when she got to her room.

"Why, Applejack why?”

She fell onto her plot leaning against the door crying. A thunder boom making her jump. She looked at the window and sighed as she remembered the time where the Pegasi controlled the weather but, Celestia made a war law that the clouds do what they want to and to make it cloudy so the Lunar Republic can’t bomb the city. The rain started to pitter patter on the window. The rain soothed Twilight. She liked to read in this kind of weather. She looked from the window to a little shelf on the wall and the only thing that was on it was Applejack’s hat.



Nightwing looked at Headshot’s coffin as they set it on fire on the pile of wood. As it burned five lunar soldiers shot into air in unison, five times. A tear rolled down his eye as the empty coffin burned. When the shots stopped, made Nightwing realize he wasn’t the only one here as Nightwing got up he realized that. One was Browntrack, a brown stallion named Hunter, and what shocked him the most was that Princess Luna was here. Her black coat with her blue mane shined in the sun. Nightwing trotted up to her seat and sat next to her.

“Princess Luna why are you here?”

She took a deep breath and keeping her head toward the burning pile.

"Headshot was-” she paused. "Headshot was the best sniper in my army. He was also one of my only friends that didn’t treat me differently for being the leader. He joked around, he knew how to have fun, but, when the work was needed to be done he was serious about what he did. You are lucky to learn under him and have him as your partner. He was a good pony and he will always will be.”

Tears started to roll down her face. She got up without saying a word and left.
Nightwing looked at his dog tags and the green flash from the locator tag. He looked up to see Hunter and Browntrack staring at him. Hunter came up.

"Why is your locator beacon going off? I thought-” he was interrupted as they made their way into the mess hall full of food for the funeral, Hunter went straight to the cake hungrily.

"He made a mod to it that I can track him and he can track me if need be. I am going to find him.”

"Wait. What are you talking about?”

"I am going to find him. If it is the last thing I do, I am going to find then, I am going to find the spy that killed him and almost me.”

Browntrack came up to Nightwing and placed his right hoof on Nightwing’s shoulder.

"I know he was a good friend to you. He was one to me too and to Hunter there.”
As Hunter had his face in a cake and looked up when he heard his name. Cake covered his face.

"Uh?”

Nightwing chuckled.

"But, I can’t let you go searching for him, officially.”

"What? Why?”

"You didn’t let me finish I said officially but, we do operations that are not official. I can give you the gear and the ride even Luna won’t know about. But, you are not going in their alone. Hey, Hunter get you face out of that cake and come over here I got something to tell ya.”

Hunter threw away the cake and came over.

"What?” his face half covered with cake.

"I need you to accompany Nightwing to mist valley and find Headshot.”

"Ok is it cool with Luna?” Hunter said wiping the cake off his face with a napkin

"She doesn’t need to know about it until it is over.”

"Uh, why do you guys always drag me into this kind of stuff. Fine, I’m in.”
Nightwing cleared his throat.

"Alright, now we leave in the morning and head into the solar empire.”

Nightwing looked at his watch. Nightwing opened his wings and looked at his bandages.

"I need to see the nurse and get these bandages changed. I have to talk to you guys later.”

Nightwing galloped off toward the med bay.

"Meet me in the armory!”

The nurse looked up from her book at her desk and smiled.

"How are you Nightwing are you ready to change bandages?”

"Ya, so how are you-” Nightwing paused. "Wait, I’m sorry this is being rude but, I never learned your name.”

"You can just call me Nurse that is all.”

She turned around to her bandage drawer as Nightwing continued to talk. As she began to prepare the bandages she flipped a ointment tube revealing a GPS tracker. She picked it up and placed it in the ointment then applying it to the bandage.

"So, how is your day nurse?”
"Oh, nothing since I am at Headquarters you are the only one I have worked on today.”

She applied the bandages to Nightwing’s side. Nightwing’s ear piece rang and Capt. Browntrack’s voice could be heard.

"Nightwing meet me in the armory I got some new gear for you and Hunter.”

"I copy, over and out. So, nurse I will see you in a couple of days.”

"Ok, see you later.”

She smiled as Nightwing trotted out of the room heading towards the armory.
Nurse trotted over to her bandage drawer and took out a remote. She smiled as she pressed it. She pressed her ear piece into her ear.

"Tracker activated following Sgt. Nightwing. Suspected spec ops mission. Time is 1230 hours. This is the Nurse. Over and out.” as her horn began to glow and she disappeared with a smile.

When Nightwing trotted into the armory he saw that Browntrack was putting an assortment of weapons and armor on a table. Nightwing trotted over to Browntrack next to the table.

"What is all this stuff Browntrack?”

"It is new weapons and armor that the lunar republic has created. Since most spec ops get to try the new gear out first that means you and Hunter are going to the test subjects for it.”

"Ok? So we are going to be test rats?”

"Basically”

Browntrack picked up a new sniper rifle.

"It is the LR-95 sniper rifle. It shoots a monster .65 caliber round, its maximum range is about 2800 meters for most ponies but, I think you can get it up to 3300 max. It is fed by a five round clip and its sight magnification is 6x-35x. It has a weight of about, I say 27 pounds and semi-auto.”

"Wow, just wow. That is an awesome rifle. Anything else?” Nightwing said starting to get excited over the new gear.
"Yes, indeed a lot more. We have a new pistol.”

Browntrack picked up a pistol from the table.

"This is a blued LR-97 pistol. It is an semi-auto pistol with a 16 round magazine. It shoots a .40 caliber round. The pistol can also fire explosive rounds. It is like a mini grenade in a pistol that the moment it hits something solid, boom.”

Nightwing smiled as he took the pistol from Browntrack.

"It has good weight.” as he aimed down the sights.

Nightwing looked on the table and saw three more items.

"What’s that rifle?”

"That is the LRA-96. It is capable of shooting in fully automatic mode, as with semi and three round burst. It has a thirty-five round magazine. It is bulpup rifle which means the mag is behind the trigger. It shoots the standard LR round. But, what makes it special it can also fire the SE or Solar Empire round if need be the barrel is made of a special metal that all you have to do is just push the round into the chamber and it forms around the round make a new chamber. But, after about five minutes without a round in the chamber it returns to the LR round.”

"This is awesome and all that but, I am wondering is about this armor.” Nightwing walked to the armor picking up the helmet. The orange visor reflecting his face back to him.

"Ah, I saved the best for last. This is called SPARTAN armor MARK FOUR. All ponies in the Lunar republic are called SPARTANs because you have selected to test this armor. Back to subject.”

As Browntrack raised a hoof in the air in excitement.

"This is call Active camouflage. When you turn it on, you and all of what you are wearing and holding blend in with environment surrounding you. Which makes your Gillesuit obsolete but, the only con of it is that the suit gives off a lot of heat while doing so. So, thermal imagery can see you and that means be careful. It had
a Heads up display or HUD on it but, it can only read up to fifteen meters.”

"Aren’t I always.” said Nightwing with a small chuckle.

"And the last thing is that this armor can withstand the round the LR-95 can shoot at about five hundred meters. But, the only gap is your neck, hoofs and wings for you. Specking of hoofs, the shoes on the suit are magnetized so the you don’t have to use you mouth to reload you weapons.”

As Browntrack finished Hunter came in with all of his gear on. Nightwing shrugged as it does not look all that bad. It had the black, blue and purple of every lunar soldier has on their uniforms. He had the LRA-96 slung on his side for an easy grab and the LR-97 on his left forearm. Hunter smiled as he got in the room.

"Alright mares lets do this.”

Browntrack looked at Nightwing.

"Now, Nightwing all you need for this mission is everything on this table except for the LR-95 sniper rifle. All the ammo and supplies you need are already attached to your suit. This is going to be a black ops so if you are caught there is going to be no back up. You well be flown in by helicopter since Hunter here can’t fly unlike you Nightwing. The chopper is waiting for you outside and good luck.”
As Hunter and Nightwing were leaving Browntrack made them stop.

"One, more thing the suit has a battery pack on it that can keep you camouflaged it can be charged for up to a week but, yours and Hunter’s only have a six hour charge so only use it if you see anypony out their. But, they can charge after a while.”

Nightwing and Hunter nodded then, they trotted down toward the chopper.
Browntrack sighed and closed the door.

"Good luck you two. You are going to need It.” he whispered.

Then, the click of a pistol being cocked behind him freeze. He made a small chuckled

"So, it looks like my suspicions are true.”


"Alright everypony we need to find a way to free Cloudsdale from the Lunar Republic. Any ideas?”

Celestia sighed as everypony started to yell out ideas.

"How about we attack them from behind?”

"Oh oh how about we poison their food supply.”

Celestia started to get frustrated as her advisers are just yelling out bad idea after bad idea.

"Where is Twilight when you need her.” She mumbled to herself.

Just as she said that Twilight came in with a fire in her eyes. She stopped at the far side of the holographic tactics table of Cloudsdale and the surrounding airspace.

"Sorry, Celestia I had some things to take care of before I came.”

Everypony was wearing bronze, sliver, and gold armor marking their rank. Twilight came stood at the end of the table with more confidence then usual. Celestia looked at Twilight with a smile. As she realized that she had an idea.

"Everypony be quiet!”

Everypony fell silent as Celestia continued speaking.

"Alright, now twilight you look like you have an idea can you please speak.”

Twilight paused as she was thinking of which words to say. "Alright, I have been thinking on the Cloudsdale situation and I think we need to have an distraction so they have to withdraw some of their forces enough for the ponies in Cloudsdale and one spec ops unit to free enough ponies that the town will be useless to them. But, there is one thing we need to find out.”

"What is that Twilight?”

"We need to find the distraction for them to follow.”

A screaming made everypony silent.

“Look out!”

As grey Pegasus came flying in through the doors and crashed on the table. Just missing Twilight by an inch or two. She shook her body and stood their for a second. She looked side to side as she noticed that she was on a table with ponies staring at her.

"Sorry everypony, haha.”

She got off the table her face hot with embarrassment. Twilight looked at Celestia and they both smiled.

"Off to Applelusa.” they both said at the same time.


Nightwing looked out the side of the chopper at the sea of trees as they were heading for Mist valley deep in solar empire territory. He bit into a magazine and placed it the rifle, chambering a round then he looked at Hunter. He was always silent during missions like this but, during a firefight he can do some crazy stuff. But, usually Hunter does solo missions, so he is usually a quite pony during a briefing. I don’t know him that much since he just joined the team. The pilot got on the radio.

"ETA five minutes .”

"Alright. Five minutes.”

Nightwing took a deep slow breath and began to think about his family. He looked at a bracelet his father gave him when he moved out of the house about a year before the war started. It was a just a plane leather bracelet but, it made Nightwing feel good that his father is always there with him. Then, he looked up as the chopper slowed and started to land.

"Alright, this is as far I can bring you. Meet me here in ten hours or you will have to find your own way home nothing personal, even Luna is doesn’t know about this.”

“Copy. Hunter mark.”
As they began the countdown. 9:59:59. they jumped down from the chopper and it began to gallop into the forest. The thicket started to snag on their gear. About ten minutes of straight galloping they stopped just outside a clearing. Hunter took out a GPS.

"Alright, Nightwing we are about three clicks from the beacon. ETA is about four hours. Let’s, go.”

Nightwing said nothing but, just nodded. Three hours passed with nothing happening but, just trotting through the forest. Their ears perked up when they heard a twig snap. Nightwing’s head snapped to Hunter.

"Activate your camo!” as they both pressed the power button just above their watches.

They began to disappear just as an entire armed platoon of Solar Marines came marching through the forest in their direction. Through the visor Hunter and Nightwing could see each other. Nightwing motioned that they have to move around. As they moved around they could hear them talking.

In a sarcastic voice one of the guards said "Ya, it is like they are invisible and are sneaking around us right. There is nopony watching us right now, viper. So, calm the hell down.”

“Fine, but I have a feeling. That something bad is going to happen later.”
Hunter chuckled. But, everypony was able to hear that.

"What the hell was that?”

They shouldered their rifles at the noise. But, they lowered their guard when a deer came around the corner. But by that time Hunter and Nightwing were almost at the cliff where Headshot was killed. They were breathing heavily as they stopped about a hundred meters from the waterfall.

"Hey, Hunter?”

"Ya?”

“lets-” as Nightwing took a quick breath. “Let’s turn off the active camo so we don’t drain the battery.”

"Alright.”
they deactivated their active camo. Revealing first, their armor then, they are revealed to the sun. Hunter leaned against a tree breathing heavily.

"Ah, thank Luna. Oh my god.”

Nightwing smiled and made a small chuckle.

"You can say that again.”

The locator tag was going haywire as they began to approach the main valley.

"We’re getting close.”

As they stopped at the end of the tree line. Nightwing took out a pair of binoculars and placed them in front of their eyes. He lowered them as his eyes widened.
"What’s wrong Nightwing?”

Nightwing made a horrified chuckle.

"It looks like we don’t have to worry about the Solar Empire grunts we are used to here.”

"Wait, what do you mean?”

Nightwing held up the binos to Hunter while still looking in the direction of where the rally took place.

"Take a look.”

Hunter took the binos and looked through them.

"Ah, shit. They have fucking tanks, fighters, Choppers, and the fucking Solar Rangers.”

"Thank Luna that we are just here to look for Headshot. So, lets activate the active camo for little bit so we don’t get spotted by their patrolling Pegasi.”

"Alright, lets do this fast.”

They activated their active camo and started to trot out in the clearing. They stopped when they saw the blood on the grass. Tears started to roll off of Nightwing’s cheeks as the memory of Headshot’s death flashed in his mind. As they approached Nightwing felt something hit his hoof. He looked down and saw that their was a water covered voice recorder and it had a tape in it. Just like the one Headshot always carried with him. As he picked it up emotions flooded through his body. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. The beacon made snap out of the funk. As they got closer to the edge they saw a little in dent with something in it. Nightwing and Hunter looked at each other. Hunter went to the edge and rummaged in the little cave. But, when he pulled back his leg he had something in his hoof. Nightwing’s eyes widened as he pulled Headshot’s helmet and visor with his dog tags. Then, as Hunter gave the helmet to Nightwing a grey, blond maned Pegasus crashed into Nightwing knocking him unconscious and knocking off his helmet.


“Princess Twilight, ma’am”

"Yes?” as Twilight looked up from book as she sat on her bed.

"We have activity in Mist valley. We may have found a two pony black ops team looking for the sniper that was killed during the rally.”

Twilight just looked at the guard with a blank stare.

"What do you mean? We have a base their but we have only maybe 50 ponies there.”

"Well, those fifty turned to fifty-one as Derpy accidentally went their instead of going to Applelusa.” as the guard said nervously.

"But, you may have found a black ops team, how?”

"You have to thank Derpy for that but, she didn’t capture them. They just fled into the mist forest and have not been found. A team of Pegasi has been sent to find the team using the GPS data that The Nurse as given us and this data has been from the last six hours.”

"Thank you, Flash Sentry” she said with a smile.

"Hey, twilight?”

"Yes?” she paused. "Again.” real quickly.

She chuckled.

"Do you want to hang out after you are done with your work tomorrow?”

She blushed at the question.

"Um, I can’t flash. I’m sorry.”

Flash lowered his head with sad eyes.

"Ok, I will stay outside of the door if you need me.”

He sighed. But, before he could step out of the room. She pulled his shoulder back. He faced her with curiosity.

"You know I may be free. Or maybe not. I don’t know you will just have to see tomorrow at seven in the café.”

With a smug face she went to her bed and yawned.

"Alright, and one last thing Twilight?”

With a yawn "Yes?”

“Celestia wants to have a meeting with you at noon tomorrow.”
She yawns again.

"Ok. And goodnight Flash.”

As Flash closed the door he stopped at a crack.

"Goodnight, Twi and May you have good dreams.”

She smiled at the sentence and snuggled at the in the blankets. She smiled as she fell asleep.


Hunter shouldered his rifle as a grey Pegasus got up from Nightwing’s unconscious body.

"Who the hell are you, bitch.”

She shook her body and looked around confused. As she didn’t know where she was. She looked down at what she crashed into she thought this was a safe place to crash. She looked down at Nightwing as he laid there.

"Who are you mister?”

She looked at his helmet and saw the lunar republic symbol.

"Wait, you are in the lunar republic!”

then, she turned around to see Hunter reappear with a rifle in her face.

All she did was tilt her head to the side with confusion.

"I will say this again, bitch. Who the hell are you?”

"Oh” she laughed. "That is all you have to say mister. My name is DitzyDoo but, most ponies call me Derpy.”

"Derpy.” he said slowly as he lowered his rifle.

"Yes?”

He looked at Nightwing.

"Didn’t you use to go out a pony named Nightwing?”

"Um, that is none of your business but, yes. Why?”

All Hunter did was look Nightwing. Derpy looked at Nightwing as his suit away from the helmet battery revealed Nightwing’s whole body. She gasped.

"NIGHTWING!?!”

Then, the radio in her ear rang out.

“Private Derpy what happened? Report. Report!”

Hunter shouldered his rifle and then, placed his hoof in front of his mouth.

"Shush”

“ This is private Derpy all is fine but, I may have seen some movement in the forest. I am going to check it out. I’ll report on it later. Over.”
her radio rang out again in response.

"Alright, check in in twenty minutes. Over and out.”

As she got off the radio Hunter tackled her against the tree and pinned her at the throat with his leg and a pistol pressed against her head.

"How did you know that we were here.”

Derpy just looked at Hunter with fear and said nothing. With his silenced pistol he shot the tree right beside her head. That made her jump.

"Tell me how you know!”

She squeaked in fear. But, as he placed the suppressed pistol against her forehead. Nightwing grabbed his shoulder and pulled him back.

“Let her go she didn’t know remember that we were wearing out active camo. It was just luck that she crashed into me.”

Derpy nearly cried as she saw Nightwing. Just jumped into him and hugged him.
Sniveling she said "I thought it was you when they said a sniper was captured and one was killed. I am so glad that you are still alive.”

Nightwing hugged back.

"Well, ditzy you don’t have to worry any more. You don’t have to worry anymore.”

As he hugged harder she pushed back and then, rapidly pulled forward and kissed Nightwing. She leaned back.

"It has been a long time, Nighty” she said with a smile.

Nightwing sighed.

"It has.”

Hunter grabbed Nightwing’s shoulder.

"We have to get the hell out of here or we are going to miss our chopper.”

Nightwing walked over to his fallen helmet and placed it back on his head. He looked at his gear and his weapons were still hooked on his body. He sighed. And walked back to Derpy.

"Ditzy, I want you to have this.”

He pulled out a spare radio and handed it to Derpy.

"I have set this on a channel only you and I can talk on.” he whispered in her ear. She smiled at the thought they could talk now. She turned to the hill and her eyes widened.

"You guys have to get out here right now.”

"Wait, what is going on?”

"No time, just activate your camo whatever then, head south and there is a cave where you can hide out.”

Nightwing and Hunter turned to see a large group of armed ponies coming this way. They turned to each other then, to Derpy.

"What about you Ditzy?”

"No damn time, I will just make an excuse. Now, just get the hell out of here before they fucking see you. Now go!”

Nightwing and Hunter began to dash toward the chopper that was somehow also south. Nightwing and Hunter as they were running they turned on their active camo. Just as the platoon from earlier came around came over the hill returning to base. Derpy looking where they ran turned to the commander of the group. His pure white coat almost blinded her from the glare of the sun. The scars across his face scared her. His horn was scared and scratched but, everypony knows that it could do massive damage.

“Private Derpy what was it that you saw?”

“Commander Whitesnow, I think I saw a two pony black ops team heading north to attack the base. That is all, Sir.”

Commander Whitesnow turned to his group.

"Everypony head to base and take your defensive positions then, wait there until somepony attacks! Stay there for a day. And the first pony that gets there, send a Pegasi team to search for the bastards that think they can destroy us. You got that!”

They all said at the same time.

"Yes, sir!”

They all galloped toward the base. Whitesnow turned to Derpy.

"Thank you for the information, Private. And remember there is nothing to hide in the Solar Empire.

Derpy smiled.

"There is nothing to hide, Sir.”

Whitesnow turned

"I want you to find this damn spy right now. We have lost too many ponies to hoofs of this spy.” Luna slammed her hoof on her desk making a small crack.

“Princess Luna clam down, we have looked in Browntrack’s room and found some journals.”

The Black coated guard levitated from a saddlebag a bunch of leather journals onto the table lining them up in a row.

"He has been collecting data on the activity of everypony in the base within the last six months. It says in the last journal that he may have seen the coat of the spy. He says it was a white mare.”

As he opened the last journal to the last page.

"So, you are telling me that Browntrack has been investigating this behind my back? And has found more information then my team has in the last year, captain?”

"Yes, ma’am but, there is one more thing in his journal.”

Luna looked up from the journals and Diaries.

"What is it?”

"Well,” he paused. "Um, I don’t know how to say this but, he has a list of names of the ponies that she or he has killed. He said in his journal.”
he flipped to the page. "The spy has been killing ponies of ascending rank. First, a couple of well loved privates, second, a sergeant, then, Headshot and last of all Browntrack. But, this is the weird thing.”

He flipped to another page just as Luna finished the first one. He flipped to the last page of the second journal.

"These names all had something to do with the capture of Applelusa and the capture of Applejack. But, I think the pony that sent the spy thought that we killed Applejack. So, they sent the spy to get revenge on everypony that had to do something with the capture of both the town and Applejack. But, as we all know the town was empty when we got there. We still sent a team to capture it and they saw us they blamed us. The Privates, pilot of the chopper, the second one was the side gunner. Of whom I did not know that well. But, their names are Private Wood and Private Rain. The sergeant was the machine gunner of the group, Sergeant Redriver. Nightwing being the sniper with Headshot being the spotter. Me as being the leader of the unit. And if you are reading this Princess Luna please use the information in these journals to stop the spy and win this damn war. - Capt. Browntrack. "Just keep running the race until the race is won” this is what he said in his journal word for word. ”

The guard looked up from the journal at Luna. She had her eyes closed that meant she was thinking. She stood there silently for a minute. She opened her eyes slowly with a sense of purpose.

“Captain Sliver I want you to monitor every white mare we have in this base. And if you see anything suspicious I give you the authority to search their rooms, bags, and work areas. No questions asked. And tell your colt I said get well.”

Capt. Sliver smiled and closed the journal then, sat it down on the desk.

"Yes, Princess. May the light of the moon guide us?”

"May the light of the moon guide us and lead us to victory.”

He turned to the door where the guards at the base opened it for him. He slowly limped out of the room. As the door closes Luna looked at the journals. She smiled and a tear began to roll down her cheek.

"If you are dead Browntrack may you rest in piece dear friend and may mother and father let you into Paradise. If you are alive you better come back, Father so help me.” as she made an angry mutter making the tear on her cheek shake off.


Twilight trotted to the front of the castle was Flash Sentry was waiting for her in his formal uniform with his Orange wings sticking out uncomforting. She made a small chuckle as she came down the steps. Flash looked down at his uniform and made a small chuckle that looked like "Why am I dressed like this?” he looked up to see twilight just reach the last step.

"Do you think that I am over dressed?”

As he looked at twilight dressed casually. She laughed a little.

"No, I don’t think so.” with a smug face.

"Thanks. So, where do you want to go?”

"Well, you said that we should try out the new café about a block away.”

"Alright, let’s go.”

"Hey, wait before we go I want to give you something.”

"What?”

Flash took out a box from his pocket. He opened it revealing a golden necklace with Twilight’s cutie mark as the emblem.

"Oh my. That is amazing thank you.”

He put the necklace on her neck and it glimmered in the street lights. She smiled and hugged him. He smiled and they began to trot toward the café. As they trotted toward the café ponies that noticed Twilight bowed in a sign of respect. She sighed as she saw that about half of the ponies that used to live here were gone. It felt a little empty for being the capital of Equestria. Flash looked at her as she sighed.

"Whats wrong Twi?”

"Oh, nothing it is just so many ponies has lost their lives to protect this place and our country. But, I am here to enjoy myself so, thank you for taking me out.”

Flash hugged her right outside the café and put his mouth right beside her ear.

"Everything is going to be alright, Twi. Everything is going to be alright. I know how you must feel right now since your brother is deployed in the mountains of the Badlands in the north. So, as you said just enjoy yourself and have a good time.” Twilight still in shock of the sudden hug and affection

She smiled as he comforted her and he opened the door to the café. And the smell of coffee and pastries flooded their nostrils making their mouths water. They smiled and looked at each other. As Flash opened the door Twilight galloped in hungrily. But, as she galloped in Pinkie pie jumped out of nowhere and scaring Twilight, making her jump.

"Ahh.” she screamed from sudden image of pink.

She took a deep breath as the shock from Pinkie pie’s sudden appearance faded away from her body.

“Pinkie why did you do that?”

"Oh, nothing I just like surprising ponies and making them smile with a hug. Oh, that reminds me.”

She jumped up from the floor and hugged Twilight from the floor.

"Hey as great as your company is Pinkie I am here on a date.”

Pinkie’s jaw dropped all the way to floor (there she goes breaking physics again.)

"What!? With whom?” she said excitedly.

Moving her head from side to side but, stopped at the side of Twilight as she saw Flash standing next to her.

"Oooooohhh, somepony has a date. Oh.” she paused "Sorry, Twi I think I should leave, ha.”

While her head still inside the door her body walked out and about five seconds of this her head flashed outside leaving a smoke cloud in the shape of her head. Twilight chuckled.

"Oh, Pinkie”

Flash escorted Twilight to a table where everypony started to talk as they saw a royal guard going on a date with a princess. Twilight looked around and called over a waiter.

"Um, waiter can you please get me an apple pie please.”

"Yes, princess is that all?”

She looked at Flash.

"Do you want anything Flashily” she chuckled.

"I would like a hay shake.”

"Yes, sir.”

As the waiter trotted away an unnerving sound started to ring in the café it sounded like an entire group of ponies galloping with heavy gear on.

"What is that sound, Flash?”

"What?”

He looked up from the rest of the menu then, his ears perked up at the sound. He quickly stood up almost knocking down the table.

"Twilight get down NOW!”

As shots began go across the café shattering all the glass. Flash tackled Twilight rounds going through the loose parts of his uniform where Twilight’s head was. Then, as quickly as the shots began they stopped. Flash got up as five ponies in black combat gear and weapons. They began to look through all the stunned ponies and began to knock out any that seemed like a threat. But, as Flash pulled a pistol out of his uniform and fired his first shot into one of the Black ops ponies’ one, of them shot Flash in the chest. Knocking him to the ground barely conscious saw the group rushing toward Twilight. One of the team was a unicorn and as they began to capture her the unicorn’s horn began to glow green and placed it on Twilight’s. the spell transferred to her horn. Twilight tried to teleport away but, the strange spell making her magic useless. Just as they carried her out the door she turned to Flash with fear and pure terror.

“FLASH! Help me!”

As they took her away Flash began to black out from the blood loss. With the last of his strength he pressed the distress beacon. As he fell into unconsciousness he could hear the gunshots and wheels screeching on the pavement.

"Twilight” with a weaken voice flash fell into unconsciousness.

Hunter and Nightwing collapsed in the cave from exhaustion. Nightwing sat up on the cave floor and looked outside. It was nightfall.

“Crap, there goes the chopper.”

"What do you mean?”

Nightwing pointed his hoof outside leading to the night sky.

"Shit, now how are we going to get back?”

"I think I can help with that.”

Nightwing and Hunter both jumped at the sound of the voice. They turned their rifles toward the mouth of the cave which stood Derpy with a smug face as she took satisfaction of making both Nightwing and Hunter jump.

"Wha-” Nightwing paused "What are you doing here I thought you would be at the base defending it from a fake attack.” lowering his rifle.

"Wait, how did you know about that?”

"The com I gave you. It was on. So, I heard everything you said to Commander Whitesnow. But, you said that you could get us back, how?” as Nightwing sat on the floor of the cave.

Derpy sat down next to Nightwing as Hunter made a fire.

"This floor’s cold.” she paused. "But, the way you can get back to your base. Just remember this is a last option thing don’t make me wrong but, do any of you two know how to fly a chopper?”

Hunter raised his hoof.

"I do but, just enough to fly distance no evasive maneuvers or anything like that.”

"Well, that is all we need at the moment.”

She looked at Nightwing.

"Have you tried to get a radio signal?”

Hunter spoke up.

"My radio lost signal once we got lowered into the forest.”

"I have tried but, my battery is almost dead.” Nightwing added in.

Derpy sighed and looked into the fire.

"Well, it looks like we are going after the chopper. But, there is one thing I want you guys to do for me.”

"What is that Ditzy?”

"I want you to take me with you, no questions asked. Ok?”

“Fine, Ditzy"

Hunter looked into the fire silently for a while. Nightwing looked at Hunter.

"What’s wrong?”

Hunter looked up.

"There is a question I want to ask Derpy.”

Derpy looked at Hunter.

"What?”

"How are we going to get close to the base without getting noticed? Our active camouflage is almost dead, we only have about ten minutes worth of camo left. It takes about two for the chopper to warm up and thirty seconds to take off. So, tell me how we are going to do this!” slamming his hoof a small log smashing it into nothing but, splinters.

Hunter slammed his hoof on the ground hard enough to crack it where his hoof made contact.

"What is the magic word?”

"Uh, seriously?”

"Yes, I mean it. You hurt my feelings. Um.”

Hunter looked at Nightwing confused. Nightwing rolled his hoof signaling "Just go along with it.” Hunter sighed.

"I’m sorry Derpy. Can you please tell us how we are going to get the chopper without getting noticed?”

Derpy made a smug face and Nightwing laughed. Hunter glared at him making him stop. But, he kept chuckling silently.

"I am going to take some spare uniforms from the supply room. You two are going to wear the uniforms and follow me to the chopper. I was originally sent to go Applelusa to make a distraction for the Solar Empire. Since, the siege on Cloudsdale and all. But, tomorrow I am going to get a call saying that I am going to take a chopper to the base outside of Las Pegasus in the desert. And since it is too far for me to fly they have to let me take the chopper along with a pilot.”

She pointed her hoof in Hunter’s direction.

"Along with a guard of my own.”

She leaned against Nightwing playfully.

"And didn’t you used to be one of the black elite royal guards.”

Hunter looked at Derpy then, at Nightwing.

"What the hell is the Black Elite royal guard?”

Derpy laid her head in Nightwing’s lap.

"Nightwing explain I’m almost too tired to fly back to the base so we can get this started.”

"Ditzy, always trying to find an excuse to be lazy. Hunter, the Black Elite Royal Guard is the best guards that Princess Celestia had. They protected the princess while she is either in a hostile area or when there is something bad going on like the war. Nopony has been able to get close to her because of them. They are the elite of the elite if you piss them off just pray to whom ever you pray to that you will just escape them with only a few broken bones and nonfatal gunshot wounds.”
Hunter put a log on the fire sending embers into the air then, began to poke at the fire with a stick.

"So, you are telling be that we encounter any of them we’re screwed?” Nightwing just nodded. Hunter turned to Derpy "But, Derpy want happens if we get caught before we get to the chopper?” he turned to Derpy

"Well, just shoot the Solar Rangers first then, the regular foot soldiers. Just remember you have no rockets, no mines, and no claymores and do you have any grenades?”

Nightwing took out all his grenades revealing he has two fragmentation, two flash, two smoke and two sticky grenades. Hunter had the same but, he had his own design.

"I call this one Plasma grenade. It is filled with hot plasma that when the button is pressed an amount of reactant is released into the plasma making it unstable and explosive. I have it timed that it takes ten seconds to explode upon the button being pushed it will stick to anything except for the thrower’s hand.”

He smiled proudly. Nightwing sighed as Nightwing began to pet Derpy’s mane. Nightwing looked at his watch and it was about 11:00 PM. Nightwing shook Derpy’s head a little.

"Hey, I think you should go right now it is eleven o’clock. You need to rest so we can get the plan into action.”

"Alright”

Derpy got up and shook herself off. She walked toward the mouth of the cave with a smile. She fluttered her wings out and began to fly.

"I will see you ponies tomorrow. Especially you Nighty.”

She winked. Nightwing began to blush. As Derpy began to fly toward the base Hunter trotted next to Nightwing and had a smug face on.

"Nighty?”
Nightwing glared at him.

"Shut up. We need to get to sleep and set you watch to Six. Dumbass.”

"Hey, I proudly take that from my father.”

They both chuckled as they lay down across from each other from the fire.

"Goodnight, dude”

"Same here.”

Hunter and Nightwing yawned as the fire went out leaving them to fell asleep.


Luna was pacing back and forth as she was reading the mission file.

"Operation camo? Capt. Sliver what do you know about this?”

"I don’t know anything about this mission. Is there anything about flying a chopper?”

Luna looked in the file.

"Yes, there is. I want you to send anypony that has flown a chopper in the last two days to my office.”

"Yes, ma’am”

"We do not need a prisoner exchange right now. Damn it, Nightwing.”

Luna sighed and threw the file on the table scattering the contents. Showing pictures of Nightwing and Hunter in their formal marine uniforms. On the top page it said “retrieve Headshot’s body and visor classified information. ET (estimated time) of completion: 10 hours. Drop and pick up by helicopter. Black ops mission DO NOT COPY.” but, as Luna sat down to calm down. A white guard slammed the door open and rushed in.

“Princess Luna!”

"Yes, what is it?”

“Five Helicopters inbound all Solar Empire one has smoke coming out its engines.”

"Why don’t you shoot them down!?”

"Well, the four of helicopters that aren’t smoking are trying to shoot down the one that is engine is smoking. They managed to hack our communication network!”

"Then, get them the hell out of it then!”

"But, they are saying they are the Sniper and the Hunter.”

Luna’s eyes began to slowly widen.

"How far away are they?”

The guard caught his breath.

"They are about five kilometers away ETA two minutes.”

"Alright, let the chopper that has the smoke spewing out of the engine in hanger 4. Shoot down the other four before they can see the base with any means necessary.”

"Yes, ma’am”

The guard galloped out of the room toward the command center.

"You are cutting it close Nightwing. You are cutting it damn close.”

The room shook as the helicopter crash landed in the shuttle bay along with the rumble of gunfire toward the helicopters. Nervous, Luna decided to leave her room and trot down toward the Shuttle bay where a firefight has sprung into life.

"Two of the choppers have been shot down and are in fire piles on the ground. One has been grounded and the other is still in the air with smoke and fire spewing out of the engines. Need emergency crews and Security Forces in hanger 4.” as somepony spoke out on the intercom.

The grounded chopper was pouring out the Solar ranger and they were fighting furiously. As Luna came into hanger 4 the security forces killed and captured the last couple of ponies. As the door of the chopper that crashed opened guns were aimed on all sides. As the smoke cleared Hunter and Derpy were helping Nightwing out.

"Wow, that was a bumpy ride.” Nightwing chuckled.

The Security forces lowered their weapons as they saw that it was them. Hunter and Derpy helped Nightwing walk. He had a smile on his face and bandages on his stomach.

"That was an amazing ride, let’s go again.”

Nightwing chuckled and began to pass out. Hunter looked around and began to lead them to Luna. Luna’s eyes widened as she saw her old friend. Luna turned to the medical staff as they came in.

"Help them right now!” Screamed Luna with the fury of angry griffin.

Derpy flying down to the mouth of the cave with a muffin in her hoof and wearing her saddle bag which has the bubbles of her Cutie mark on the buckles. When she landed that is when both Nightwing and Hunter woke up at the same time. Nightwing automatically looked at his watch. 6:30 AM. The sun is just rising in the east and the moon setting in the west. Hunter stretched and yawned. Derpy’s hoof steps on the cave floor echoed making both of them jump making them draw their pistols. Derpy just laughed as they realized it was just her.

"Ditzy you scared the crap out of us even if Hunter here won’t admit it.”

Hunter just looked at him that says Seriously. But, he just laughed it off.

"So, Ditzy where did you get the uniforms?”

"Why don’t you see for yourself?”

She took off her saddlebags and sat them on the ground. She opened them revealing the uniforms they were gold and grey. The rank of Private.

"This all I could get without them noticing.”

Hunter trotted up to the uniforms.

"This is will do. So, let’s do this and get back home.”

The word home kept hitting Nightwing like a sledgehammer in the gut. Nightwing looked at his bracelet that his father gave him, his only family. His mom died when he was three so his doesn’t remember her that much but, he always carries a family photo.

"Hey, hello Earth to Nightwing.”

The sound of Hunter’s voice made him look up and saw Hunter already dressed in the uniform.

"Get yours on”

Hunter tossed the uniform and it landed on Nightwing.

"Just wear it over your armor just in case if we need it.”

Nightwing nodded and started to put on the uniform when he stopped when he was about to put on the shirt and saw that Derpy was blushing as she stared at Nightwing. He chuckled which made her look away. He finished putting on and saw that Hunter was holding a clipboard.

"Whats with the clipboard?”

"It’s part of our cover story. We are going quote on quote a surprise survey team. We are going to take assessments of the base then, like ten minutes we are going to take their chopper and make our escape. As you know it is too long for me to walk since I am stuck on the ground and your wings are still healing from the burns. But, back to the plan Derpy has told me that there are side mounted machineguns.
So, if we don’t have the time to take off we can make the time but, there are about four other choppers in the shuttle bay so we are going to have to haul ass, kick ass and take names. But, this is if we are compromised. Keep your weapons at the ready.”

"Alright, let’s head out”

It took them about an hour to walk to the base’s gate. As they walked they saw black scorch marks on the ground like it was hit with a sword of some kind including some like a rifle.

"Hey, Ditzy what is going on with all of these burnt marks on the ground?”

"Oh, I think this is a weapons testing facility.”

Hunter spoke up.

"Ya, not only we are going into a base for a chopper, we are trotting into a weapons testing facility that probably has top secret weapons that can kill us all that is just fucking great.” Hunter said dreadfully and sounding a little like sweetie bell.

As they stopped at the gate they heard the sound of weapons being charged.

"HALT, who goes there? If you do not identify yourself or we will shoot!”

Derpy trotted up toward the gate.

"I am Private DitzyDoo but, you guys know my as Derpy and these two ponies are a survey crew. They are here to check on everything make sure everything is up to spec.”

"I didn’t ask what they are I am talking about who they are. Now I am going to ask one more time who are they?”

Derpy took a deep breath.

"In and out” she whispered "This is Private Waters and this is Private Mash. They are here to speak with Commander Whitesnow and to survey the base. ”

The guard said nothing has he disappeared from atop the gate wall.

The guard got on a radio.

"Sir, we have two ponies with Private Derpy saying they are a survey crew and going to check out the base.”

A voice came out from the other side.

"Ok, I am on my way did you get the package from The Nurse?”

"Yes, sir but, it going to take about fifteen minutes to charge up. So, should I let them in?”

"No, Private I will do it I want to see their faces myself before we let them in.”

"Yes, sir.”

Hunter and Nightwing looked at Derpy.

"What is with the names? Did you just make them up?”

Derpy turned around and sat down like a causal conversation is about to start.

"Just act cool and everything will be fine. The names are a couple of Privates that went MIA during the search for you and Headshot. I think they just are AWOL.”

Hunter and Nightwing just looked at each other but, as Nightwing were about say something the gate started to open. Commander Whitesnow appeared as the gate opening became wide enough to trot through. With a smile he began to speak.

"Ah, Private Waters and Private Mash we were not expecting a survey crew here for another two months.”

Nightwing trotted to Commander Whitesnow and stopped about a foot away.

"We are a surprise survey crew to make sure everything is up to spec and to catch you off guard.”

"Alright, if you are here to survey us why didn’t you use a chopper to get here since you have an earth pony here?”

"Yes, we have taken a chopper but, that would take time for you to prepare your base as the control tower can make us stay in the air for a while. So we decided to let them drop us off about a half-mile from here plus, my friend Private Mash here could use the exercise. It was also thanks to Private Derpy that led the way.”

Whitesnow just nodded and stepped to the side letting them pass before Nightwing could finish. As they passed the open gate they realized that there were ponies aiming their rifles during their entire conversation with Whitesnow. Hunter made a small chuckle as they lowered their rifles.

"Wow, what a welcome party.”

Whitesnow just glared at him with some irritation. With his magic grabbed his radio.

"It is all clear just some survey crew.”

He put the radio up in his saddlebag.

"This way Privates.”

He turned around and began to move towards the entire of a base that was built right into the mountain. They all looked at each other then, Hunter and nightwing began to trot toward the base. But, before Nightwing could go any further Derpy pulled on his shoulder making him turn his head.

"Meet me at the Pads in ten minutes while I get the chopper ready, ok?”

"Alright, I will be back Ditzy.”

"Nighty”

She stuck out her tongue at him.

"I wish you stop calling me that in front of everypony.”

"The more you wish it the more I am going to keep on doing it.”

She made a smug face. She turned around and as she turned toward the Pads she brushed her tail against his nose. He just stood there blushing. He shook his head realizing that Hunter was almost there at the base inside the mountain. He went into full gallop as he tried to catch up with Hunter. He caught up with them as they entered the base. As they entered they began to see advanced technology and weapons. Hunter started to write down every thing he sees. About five minutes of the surveying and note taking Whitesnow stopped. He turned around and looked at Nightwing and Hunter.

"It looks like my suspicions on you two are now gone. For you reward I am going to show you two something very special. But, I am not going to tell you want it is yet until we get there. But, I am going to tell you that it’s almost in mass production. They are about to do the last test on it.”

Whitesnow pressed a button and a keypad appeared. He began to rapidly type in a long code of about twenty numbers. 895674526465425784758. Hunter somehow got every single number on the pad. A door that looked exactly like the wall even matched a half a rivet on it opened to reveal a long hallway. Whitesnow began to trot down the hallway. Hunter and Nightwing looked at each other with concern. They began to trot down the hallway. It had no doors or windows but, as they approached the end of the hallway two doors and a window appeared. As they came up to the window they could hear a familiar voice.

“Is that all you got? My grandma can fight better then you sons of bitchs.”

They came to the window revealing Browntrack with a piece of his left ear missing still bleeding, breathing heavily. All he had on was his torn uniform button shirt. Nightwing and Hunter looked the other side of the room. There were three ponies with armor similar to theirs but, theirs didn’t have the active camo ability and the helmet’s visor was partial just covering the top of the head and eyes. But, they had something in there hoofs. It looked like some kind of energy sword. The blade was bloody red. It looked like it came from a video game. Whitesnow trotted next to the window next to them.

"That is the weapon I was talking about earlier. We are just testing it on a Lunar Republic Captain one of our spies captured.”

Then, the voice of one of the armored ponies came through the glass.

"Just give up you are just going to die here anyways. why don’t you just back down?”

"Because you son of a bitch, I want to see my friends again but, if I am going to die I am going to die FIGHTING TO THE END. I SHALL NOT BACK DOWN NOT NOW OR EVER!”

Browntrack with no weapon as he charged the three armored ponies with the energy swords. One of the armor ponies began to charge him back. He raised his energy to stab him but, Browntrack slid on the ground the sword cut a little of his mane. As he slid he kicks the soldier in the stomach knocking the wind out of him. He jumped up head butting the unprotected part of the pony’s chin. Browntrack then, elbowed him in the chest, knocking the sword out his hoof. Browntrack grabbed it out of the air and with a quick thrust he stabbed the pony in the chest. The pony wide eyed looked at the sword in his chest and fell on the ground on his back, dead. With a smile Browntrack took the sword out the pony’s chest. One of the last two armored ponies charged him with his sword ready to stab him. Browntrack saw him and stepped to the side. He slipped his hoof in his place, tripping the pony onto his own sword. Browntrack looked at him as he lay on the floor but, as he turned around the last pony punched him in the face, dead legged him to his knees.

"I told you that you were going to die.”

The pony looked at Whitesnow.

"Do it Draco.”

Draco brought up his sword and stabbed Browntrack the chest. Nightwing backed up with shock and anger on his face. He drew his pistol and shot at the glass, shattering it.

"I have lost too many friends in this war!” he yelled as he galloped into the window shooting the armored pony in the head knocking him out.

Nightwing grabbed the sword and pulled it out of Browntrack. Browntrack’s eyes widened as he saw him. With the last of his strength he smiled.

"Nightwing, thank you.”

The last of Browntrack’s breath came out of his mouth. Nightwing held his body and began too cry slowly closing Browntrack‘s eyes. Then, Nightwing heard the gunshots from Hunter and Derpy. Whitesnow jumped through the window with anger in his eyes.

"I knew that you were Nightwing! Now, you are going to die here like Browntrack!”

Hunter popped his head and gun into the broken window.

"I don’t think that is going to happen.”

But, before Hunter could shoot Whitesnow, Whitesnow jumped and stabbed Nightwing in the stomach with a hidden blade. Hunter readjusted his aim and shot Whitesnow in the head. Derpy opened the door revealing some dead ponies behind her. She came through and helped Nightwing up as did Hunter. Before, they could move Derpy stopped them.

"Wait, we won’t be able to make it to the chopper from here we will get killed.”

Hunter smiled.

"Not, if I have anything to do about it.”

Hunter took off his cap revealing his horn and it began to glow brown. They were teleported to the cab of the chopper. Derpy and Nightwing both had their mouths open with shock that Hunter was a unicorn.

"Now, let’s get out of here.”

The chopper began to start as they began to left off two jeeps came around the corner guns blazing shooting the chopper.

"Derpy, get on the side gun and return fire.”

"Alright, Hunter.”

She had a wicked smile as she began to fire the mini-gun. It took a thirty second burst and both jeeps with on fire.

"Don’t mess with Ditzy and her mini.” Derpy was almost jumping in joy of firing the gun.

Nightwing looked at the oncoming jeeps and soldiers.

“RPG, two o’clock”

Derpy swung the gun and began to fire. An explosion marks the hit.

"Thanks Nighty.”

"No proble- AHH” Nightwing screamed in pain.

He lay on the floor of the cab and looked over at the empty side gun. He began to slowly crawl toward the gun. As he managed to get to man the gun Derpy pulled on Nightwing.

"Nightwing! You need to rest you are hurt.”

Nightwing turned his head with rage mixed with sadness and sorrow.

"No, Ditzy I need to continue for Browntrack I will not back down! I WILL NOT BACK DOWN!”

Nightwing began to fire at one of the chopper trying to take off. The bullets began hit the rotor and engine. The crew jumped out as the copter blew. Hunter’s voice came on the radio.

"Bogies, Three and nine o’clock.”

Derpy went back to the gun and began to fire alongside with Nightwing at the enemy choppers. Nightwing was screaming with rage. Derpy as she fired at the enemy chopper tears began to run down her cheeks. She began to think as they began to fly out of the base and into the forest.

"Is he alright? He has lost several of his good friend’s right in front of him with nothing he could do to stop.”

Derpy sighed as they barrels of the mini-guns began to cool. Then, they heard a thump. Nightwing sat against the wall with crying silent tears in his eyes with his hoof against his stomach. As Derpy tried to comfort Nightwing Hunter’s voice came out of the coms.

"Bogies Six o’clock Around six! Get on the guns, aim for the rotors and pilots.”

Derpy got on her gun.

"Got it.”

She began to fire at the chopper but, the bullets began to bounce off the Pilot’s window. Nightwing inched his way to the gun. As he managed to get on the gun a couple of bullets went through his lower leg. That seemed to get the adrenalin flowing through Nightwing’s body. His eyes began get red as he tried to stay awake. He swung the gun toward the nearest chopper and began to fire. The barrels quickly began to spin and the flame from the powder started to burst out of the barrels. Nightwing closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

"Deep breath, stay calm, and aim true.” he mumbled.

His eyes burst open and the bullets began to hit the rotor and engine. The pilots started to panic as smoke began to pillar out of the engine. A couple more hits and the chopper crashed into the forest followed by a fireball. Derpy’s voice came out of the coms.

"Aim for the middle one’s engines.”

Nightwing nodded and aimed for the middle chopper’s engines. The two guns started to pummel the engines. With no warning the enemy chopper exploded and crashed into the forest. A piece of wood from the crash hit and lodged into the engine compartment and smoke started to rush out of the engine. The dash board started to flash red all over it. Hunter grabbed the radio and pressed in the right frequency.

"MAY-DAY, MAY-DAY! This is the Sniper and the Hunter we need to land, now we are about two minutes out we are the one with smoke coming out of the engine!”

Hunter let go of the button and static roared out.

“COME ON YOU SONS OF BITCHS! Come on.”

As sweat began to pour down the sides of his face.

"I don’t want to die running.”

Then, the static roar was quieted when somepony’s voice came on the radio.

“Roger, go in Hanger four.”

"Thank, Luna”

The chopper dropped about a foot as the power started to fail. Hunter turned his head.

"Guys, closed the doors this is going to be a bumpy ride!”

Just as he said that Derpy’s and Nightwing’s guns ran out of ammo.

"Alright, closing door Hunter.”

Derpy closed hers but, Nightwing continued to rotate the barrels. She turned and pulled in Nightwing just as a missile ripped the gun off the chopper.

"Damn, it Nightwing what you? Fucking crazy?”

Nightwing looked at her with a blank look. He was shocked. Derpy only swore when she was really mad.

"I’m sorry Ditzy"

"You better be, dummy.”

She chuckled as she kissed him on the cheek. He blushed.

"Um, Ditzy I want to ask you a few questions.”

"Ya, what is it?”

"Um, how d-”

Nightwing was interrupted by Hunter.

"Nightwing you can ask Derpy out later, but now you guys have to brace for impact!”
"Well, sorry but, I am going to have ask why do you hide being a unicorn.”

"Well, sorry but, I am going to have ask why do you have to be an asshole.”

Derpy made a small chuckle as she buckled into her seat. Nightwing’s face was hot with embarrassment. But, as he limped into his seat and buckled in the chopper crashed into the hanger. The cabin was filled with smoke and the sound of gun fire could be heard and was near. Hunter and Derpy pounded the door and managed to open it.

"Um, a little helps guys.”

Nightwing was tangled in the seatbelts that makes you get the face "How in the hell?” With Hunter’s magic he levitated Nightwing out of the belts and out of the chopper. Derpy and Hunter help him down.

"Wow, that was a bumpy ride.” Nightwing chuckled.

Derpy and Hunter help Nightwing walk toward the door.

"That was an amazing ride, let’s go again.”

"Shut up Nightwing.”

Nightwing began to pass out as Luna yelled out to the medical team.

"Help them right now!”

Hunter chuckled.

"I think they missed us.”

The medical team got to Nightwing as he blacked out and the blood began to drip though his bandages like a stream.

"Where am I?”

As twilight woke up in a cell of dark steel and iron.

"You are a prisoner of the black manes.”

Twilight jumped at the sound of the voice.

"Who are you? Why can’t I use my magic? And who in the he-” Twilight paused. "Who in the hay is the black manes? Are you with the Lunar republic?”

A chuckle filled the room as the sound of hoof steps came closer to Twilight’s cell.

"HA, don’t make me laugh. The Lunar Republic wishes that they could be anywhere near our level.”

A red unicorn stallion with a dyed black mane and tail came into the light. He had Dog tags of countries from around the world. He had body armor from hoof the ear.

"The reason that you can’t use your magic is that we disabled it.” he said with a smirk.

"What do you mean that you disabled my magic?! It is one of the most powerful in Equestria! And if you don‘t work for the Lunar republic then, who do you work for?”

She slammed her body against the door of the cell.

"I know but, you don’t have any defense from direct magical attacks. As of who I am you can call me the guard. That is all. For whom we work for we just fight for anypony that pays us.”
Twilight sat on the ice cold floor making her shiver.

"So, you are mercenaries. But, who are you working for?”

"Yes, but for now why don’t you ask him yourself.”

The white coat of a stallion can be seen from the dim light. He started to trot into the light. Revealing the scared and bandaged face of Commander Whitesnow.

"Whitesnow, what are you doing here? WHITESNOW!”

"Well, Princess Twilight I am the leader of the Black manes. I have been working against Solar empire and the Lunar republic since this war started. But, they don’t know that until I told you, so I know everything.”

"Everything?” her voice cracked a little.

"Yes, everything. The weapons and vehicle research, troops numbers, tactics, and classified up coming missions. Like for example Operation Derp.”
"H- h- h- how did you find this information?”

He chuckled and sat on the floor.

“like I said I am the commander of the Black manes. I command ponies in the Lunar republic and the Solar Empire even if they don’t want too.”
He smiled as he said those words.

With horror she said "What do you mean?”

Whitesnow turned his head to the door of the room and whistled.

"Hey, boo come down here.”

The door opened and a green unicorn with several tattoos across her body. It was strange for ponies to have tattoos but, some actually liked them. Her mane covered her left eye like Princess Celestia.

“can you stop calling me that? But, what do you want I was busy finishing up the firewall on the network system.”

"I want you to demonstrate your special spell for recruits.”

"Alright I think we have one in a cell.”

Boo trotted down past the light. Twilight jumped at the sound of a cage opening and closing with a slam. The sound of two ponies trotting down the stone floor. One of them, the trot seemed broken. Twilight strained her eyes as she tried to see who they were brought. Twilight began to cry as she saw the orange coat and the three apple cutie mark of Applejack.

"Applejack.”

Applejack looked at Twilight and a fire ignited in her eyes when she saw her.

"You have taken my friends for the last time!”

Applejack head butted boo and bucked Whitesnow in the head knocking him to the ground. Applejack bit the keys on his belt and throws them to Twilight.

“RUN!”

As twilight managed to open the cell the red unicorn tackled Applejack.

“RUN Twilight RUN!”

Twilight galloped up the stairs finding her in the hub of the Black manes base. Everypony in there looked at her in confusion.

"Ha ha, hello everypony.”

Her face was red then, she began to gallop with her full might as they realized. The intercom sounded.

"Alert Alert escaped prisoner need alive capture at all cost. I repeat escaped prisoner needed alive capture at all cost.”

That made Twilight gallop faster and faster. The sound of hoof steps on the steel floor behind Twilight made her sweat. As she looked for a way out, she looked up and saw a couple vents. With the flap of her wings she managed to crash through the vent crate and put it back on as five fully armed ponies flew by. She sighed and began to silently cry.

"Applejack always has been saving me. Now, I need to return the favor.”

Twilight crawled in more inside the vent. It was bigger then, she thought. She curled into a ball and began to fall asleep. She thought.

"It is going to be a long night.”

Then, her necklace hit the bottom of vent with a clunk. She had completely forgotten about it. She picked it up with what little magic that has returned to her. She placed her hoof on the emblem and she could feel a hinge and a button.

"What the heck?” Twilight said confusingly

She pressed the button and it flipped open revealing a picture of Flash and her smiling together. There was a small button in it and engraved next to it, it said for an emergency please press twilight please press it.- Flash Sentry. She pressed the button and it began to flash green. She smiled and looked at the watch on her necklace. 12:24 AM. She sighed and rested her head on her foreleg.

Two days after the Helicopter crash landing. 11:48 AM.

Nightwing opened his eyes and sat up from the bed. He was in the med bay but, something was wrong. It looked like there was a major firefight in here. Nightwing looked from side to side and saw about five other ponies in the beds. Three of them were covered with sheets and had blood stains all over it.

"What the hell happened here?”

He looked at the two other beds and saw Hunter and Derpy still soundly asleep as like nothing happened. He slid out of bed but, the moment that his hoof touched the floor serge of pain rushed through him.
"What the hell?”

He looked at his left leg and saw three giant purple and yellow bruises were the three bullets hit him. Nightwing turned his head to his nightstand and saw a med bottle. He leaned to read what it was and it said "Morphine solid pill form.”
Nightwing pick up the bottle with his mouth and popped it open spilling one in his mouth. It tasted nasty in his mouth and it was bitter to shallow. When it hit his stomach the pain began to disappear like ice on the sun. He stepped off the bed and began to trot over to his friends. But, as he got to Hunter his eyes popped open with a rage.

"What the hell are you doing Nightwing, get back in you bed or they will think we are still conscious then, kill us.” he whispered.

"What is going on?”

Heavy hoof steps could be heard from the corridor outside the med bay.

"I will explain later now get your bed so you don’t get yourself killed!” he angrily whispered.

But, the hoof steps were all the convincing he need. He got back into the bed and pretended to be unconscious just as a robotic pony came in. it sounded like it was being piloted by a pony on the inside. It had dual medium machineguns on its shoulders. It had a grey paint with a black mane tone. On its flank where its cutie marks should be the symbol of the black manes appeared. It had a lone black mane in the middle of a shield with spears crossing under the mane. Nightwing cracked his eyes a little just enough to see the symbol. When he saw it he mind began to race.

"I thought I was through with these ponies. Why is my past always haunting me?” he thought.

It turned to him and he closed his eye softly so not to make his face flinch. A red wide beam came from the sliver pony and began to go up and down Nightwing’s body as if it was scanning him.

"Subject 91845775 or name of Nightwing is stable nothing to report.” it said in a creepy robot voice.

"Alright, come back to main control room and report everything you have scanned today.”

Nightwing’s eyes struggled with the sound of the voice on the radio. It was Whitesnow.

“Roger that. On my way, sir”

The robot trotted out of the room, when the door slid shut Hunter got up and sighed. He got off the bed and trotted to Nightwing. Nightwing sat up but, was knocked down when Hunter punched him in the chest. Nightwing rubbed his chest where Hunter punched him.

"Why did you that for?”

"You nearly blew our cover, you asshole.”

"Hey don’t call Nighty an asshole; he didn’t know he just woke up from the blood loss.”

They both looked at Derpy as she sat up. Nightwing looked across the room again.
"What the hell happened?”

Hunter went under Nightwing’s bed and tossed Nightwing’s suit on the bed along with his few of his weapons.

"What is going on Hunter?”

He began to put on his armor.

"What happened?”

Hunter stopped before his placed on his helmet.

"The Black Manes attacked the base about eight hours after we got back. You blacked out when we got here but, when they attacked I hid our suits under our beds and managed to get one for Derpy. Along with our weapons and ammo that I managed to take. Luna and the entire commanding crew managed to escape to the base in Manehation. We stayed behind to look after you since you just came out of surgery. The bad news is that about a third of the entire lunar republic but, the thing is that the soldiers that joined them looked like they were being controlled. Luna tried to the Celestia for the first time in seven years trying to get a ceasefire until the Black manes are dealt with. But, she has not responded I think she may have had something to do with this.”

"Well, you had time to plan this out.”

"You would too if you had to look at me for a day and half to wake up. You bastard!” he said angrily getting into Nightwing’s face.
Derpy flew over and pulled hunter away from Nightwing.

"He couldn’t do anything about it. It was blood loss.”

Hunter looked at Nightwing as he finished putting on his SPARTAN armor.

"We need to get out of here. Is there anything left in the shuttle bay?”

Hunter shook his head.

"No, ever since we took the solar empire chopper they have key pads on them and you have to type it in within twenty seconds or the chopper explodes. Believe me we have tried.”

Nightwing said nothing for a moment and went to the door. It slid open reveling blood stains on the floors and walls. There were also several bodies on the ground.

"Well, it looks like they could use a cleaning mare.”

Hunter and Derpy just looked at each other as Nightwing trotted out of room. They went after him. Then, Nightwing stopped as he was about to turn a corner and heard the heavy metal hoof steps of the robotic pony. Hunter and Derpy came up from behind him. Nightwing peeked around the corner and saw a lone robotic pony. Nightwing turned to Hunter.

"Do you still have that plasma grenade you made?”

"Ya, why?”

Hunter took out the plasma grenade and began to toss it in the air.

"Well, it is time to test it hoof it over.”

"I am going to regret this.”

Hunter gave it to him.

"Just press the orange button and throw.”

Without saying a word Nightwing pressed and threw the grenade. It landed on the robotic pony.

"What the hell?”

It exploded leaving only parts on the ground. Nightwing and Derpy’s mouths hit the floor. All, but Hunter who had prideful smirk.

"Don’t doubt me again. Now, alright we to get out of here.”
Hunter began to go toward the barracks.

"No, I have to get something before we go.”

“Fine, where is it?”

"In my room.”

"What the hell is wrong with you?”

Derpy stepped up.

"Whats wrong?”

"His room is on the other side of the base. But, the sad thing is that I need to get something from mine too.”

Nightwing just made a chuckle.

"Before we go we need to know what we have to fight with just in case.”

Nightwing, Hunter and Derpy took out all their supplies. Fifteen magazines of rifle ammo, nine pistol magazines, three rifles, three pistols, three grenades and one muffin. Hunter and Nightwing looked at Derpy.

"What?”

Hunter and Nightwing chuckled.

"Still the same old Ditzy.”

"And you are the same old Nighty with you and your video games.”
Hunter laughed a little.

"Alright, that is enough flirting you two we need to get to the other side of the base.”

They spilt all the supplies but, the muffin nopony gets Derpy’s muffin. They began down the corridor. They went to the mess hall.

"The barracks are across the mess hall, we have to go through it.” Hunter said as he shouldered his rifle.

"Alright, I don’t think anypony is in there but, we have to be cautious alright. Move.”

Nightwing went in first then, Hunter and last Derpy. As they went through the large mess hall Nightwing stopped making the others stop.

"What is wrong Nightwing?” Derpy said worryingly.

“Look.”

He pointed his hoof to a clock.

"What about that clock?”

“Look at it closely.”

Derpy and Hunter strained their eyes.

"What?”

"It’s working.”

"So?” Hunter said just brushing it off.

"It’s almost lunch time.”

Hunter looked at Nightwing with concern.

"Shit”

"What is going on?” Derpy said with confusion.

"It is almost twelve and that is when everypony comes to eat. And this is where they eat.”

Hoof steps started to come down all the halls.

“Camo now!” as Hunter pressed his.

Just at they became invisible about a hundred fifty ponies of all types came into the mess hall. They turned their visors into thermal vision. Nightwing signaled to go get out of the mess. As they got out of the mess hall they encountered nopony at all for ten minutes. Nightwing stopped.

"Alright, guys lets turn off the camo we need to save the battery and let them recharge.”

They all turned off their camo at the same time revealing their armor to the light. Hunter took out a mini computer and press for the map.

"Alright, guys we are almost there we are just two minutes away.”

"Alright, let’s go.”

They began to trot toward the barracks Derpy’s ears perked up.

"Guys stop.”

They both turned to Derpy.

"Whats wrong Ditzy?” Nightwing said.

"I heard some voices up behind us.”

"I don’t hear anything.”

"Maybe I am just hearing things.” Ditzy said as she can’t shake the feeling that they are been followed.

“Let’s go you two we need to get there then, out of here.”

As they trotted Derpy kept looking back behind them until they reached Hunter’s room first. Everypony can personalize their quarters any why they want. When they entered Hunter’s room it was filled with supermodel posters, a stereo, a small laptop, and instead of a bed it was a hammock with a blanket and a pillow. It had a couple of pictures here and there. Nightwing picked up one. In the picture there was a young Hunter playing with what looked like his mom and brother. He came up to Nightwing and picked up the pictures.

"Were they your family?” Nightwing feeling guilty after asking the question.

Hunter sighed uncomfortably.

"They were killed when the Changeling war began. Our house was bombed. I was the only survivor in the small town I was in. after the bombing they made sure there was no survivors in the town. I managed to escape when they had their backs turned.”

Tears started to run down Hunter’s face as he finished his story.

"I’m sorry about them, Hunter.”

"It’s alright; I’ve got what I came for. Let go to your room so we can get out of this hell hole.”

They trotted out of Hunter’s room then, into Nightwing’s. Nightwing took off his helmet as he came into the room. It was much like Hunter’s but, he had a regular bed and a video game system. Nightwing went over the wall. It had three pictures. One had Browntrack and Headshot laugh as Nightwing was rubbing off cake and ice cream off of his face. Above them was a banner saying "HAPPY BIRTHDAY NIGHTWING!” the one next to it had Nightwing and what seemed to be his dad. A grey Pegasi with a brown mane had his leg around Nightwing’s neck and it was snowing in the background. They were both smiling and had winter gear on. The last one Nightwing stared at the longest. It was him and Derpy taking a picture together during a date to the park in Ponyville. He had moved there just for her. Derpy came up from behind Nightwing.

"When was the last time you saw him?”

Her voice made him jump, making her snort a little.

"The day I was forced to run away from the bombings from the Solar Empire at the outskirts of Las Pegasus. But, that is what I am going to do. After this is all over I am going to go find my dad. Do you want to help, Ditzy?”

"Of course, I will help you Nighty. Remember when I lost my house to a fire. He let me live with you and him. ”

Nightwing smiled as he grabbed all three of the pictures and looked down. It was Headshot’s helmet, dog tags and voice recorder sitting on a small speaker. He had completely forgotten about them. He smiled and placed them in his saddlebag. He went over to his bed and pulled the pillow aside revealing a shiny single action revolver. Derpy’s eyes became wide as the shine of the pistol hit the light.

"Is that the pistol I gave you all those years ago?”

"Yes, it is I couldn’t give it up even I need the money. It always reminded me of you every night. I have never even fired it but, I always kept it loaded.” he looked at it and then to her. "I love you, Ditzy.”

Derpy came up to me and kissed him. He kissed back while Hunter there is just rolling his eyes while leaning by the door. He walked to Nightwing and pulled on his shoulder.

"Alright, lover boy we need to go is there anything else you want to bring except your game system.”

He pulled away from Derpy and grabbed the pistol, and stuffed it into his chest rig.

"Ah, come on I am on the final level of Daring Doo‘s adventure in the wastelands.”
"I can barely teleport all three of us as it is.”

Derpy trotted back to the door chuckling. But, as she before she could turn around a bloody red energy sword went into her chest and out her back.

A familiar voice right next to Derpy an invisible pony said “Remember me?”
Nightwing’s eyes widened with the memory of Browntrack‘s death.

"You bastard. You are not going to get away from this time.” as the invisible pony chuckled.

Before Draco could react Nightwing pulled the revolver and shot through the visor. Just breaking it. Fear went through his eyes.

"You have killed the wrong pony. You have killed my friend and now, you have hurt my wife.”

Nightwing shot Draco once more killing him. A body in red stolen SPARTAN armor fell to the floor with a dull thud. The sword’s blade vanished and it fell on the ground. Derpy fell to the ground. Nightwing knelt next to Derpy and he flipped her. Her back on the ground. She smiled.

"Nighty, thank you for this life. Thank you for the adventure.” she coughed up blood.

"NO, do not talk like that! Do not talk like that ditzy! We, we will get you some help.” Nightwing began to stumble for words.

"No, they will kill you the moment they see you. I want you to know Nighty.” she coughed up more blood and it started to go into a stream.

"What?”

Tear were coming out of Nightwing’s eyes like a river.

"I want you to know that I love you Nightwing. And I have a message for you.”

"What?”

"Your daughter Dinky says I love you, daddy.” she coughed once more "Goodbye, Nighty I love you.”

He cried out "I love you too Ditzy. I love you too.” tears streaming off his face.

Nightwing hugged Derpy; the Alarm began to sound as she closed her eyes for the last time.

Flash looked at the sea of snow and mountains as they approached the Black Manes headquarters. This was not official mission; Flash had to pull some favors to get some ponies and this chopper. Flash looked inside the chopper. There were a team of five other ponies. Private straw the machine gunner a red stallion with a white mane, Private lake the Sniper a green unicorn stallion with a brown mane, Sergeant star the spotter a grey Earth mare with a brown and green mix mane, Sergeant ratchet an violet mare Pegasus with a red mane the computer wiz, and commander Lock an black coat with a light blue and white striped maned Pegasus stallion, the breacher (nopony knows his real name but, some think he is Thunderline). Flash turned to his team.

"Alright, just to tell you all up front this is not an official mission. If any of us do not make it to the chopper in time. They will be left behind. If anypony does not want to risk this, you can stay in the chopper. I will not blame you. If any of you want to stay speak up.”

Nopony said a thing.

"Alright, we are going to be dropped off along with two warthogs about a mile from the perimeter of the base. Lake and Star I want you two to set up about 600 meters away.”

"You got it” they both said at the same time.

Ratchet, I want you to get the plans for the base.

"Alright.”

“Lock, you know what to do.”

"Yes, sir.” as he racked his pump shotgun.

The pilot called over the coms.

"Almost at the LZ get ready.”

Nopony said anything just got their gear ready. At the LZ it was mountains and snow. The warthogs dropped on the snow with a muffled thump. The Flash’s team jump out the chopper as it hit the ground. They gathered in the warthogs. Lock took the gun, ratchet drove, and lake took the side seat on the right warthog. Flash drove, Straw took the gun and Star took the side seat.

“Ratchet is the base?”

"It’s a mile north. And I’ve got the plans.”

As they drove toward the base about three fourths mile away, Flash stopped.

"Wait, what is that?”

Flash raised a pair binocular to his eyes.

"What the hell?”

A pink ball bouncing on the side of the mountain made Flash look closer.
“Pinkie? Wait, what? There is Fluttershy, Rainbowdash, Rarity, and Pinkie pie.
What the hell are they doing here?”

"What is going on?” Lake’s warthog came up next to theirs.

"Take a look.”

Flash handed the bios to Lake.

"Well, I’d be a son of a bitch. Let’s catch up with them and find out why they’re here.”

Flash pressed the gas, as did ratchet. Rainbowdash flew a little to see what was going on as Flash and his team approached. They began to panic as they could all see the warthogs. Rainbowdash began to fire but, their weapons were all suppressed. The rounds just clinked off the armor of the warthogs. Flash got on the radio.

"Officer Rainbowdash, this is Flash Sentry. Please stop firing as you are wasting ammo.”

She said nothing but, she stopped firing. It took them five minutes to get to the ponies position. Everypony was wearing standard winter gear. All expect for Rainbowdash she was wearing the stolen SPARTAN armor it was dark olive green with an orange visor and her rainbow tail was sticking out. Flash got out of the warthog and trotted up to the ponies.

"What are you ponies doing here?” Flash yelled.

Rainbowdash flew to Flash. She took off her helmet and the phssss from pressure inside the suit made the snow on her suit fall off. She shook her head.

"The same reason you’re here, Flashy.”

Flash blushed.

"Um, how do you know that name?”

"Twilight calls you that all the time when you are not around.”

Flash smacked himself in the face with his hoof his face hot with embarrassment.
Everypony laughed.

"Alright, need a left?”

Rainbowdash looked at all of her friends. They were all gloomy from the cold expect for pinkie she was just bouncing. Pinkie looked at the gun at the back of Flash’s jeep and her eyes made Flash scared for his life for a second.

"What is wrong with pinkie?”

Rainbowdash looked at Pinkie.

"Who know but, I think she likes the mini-gun on your warthog.”

As she said that Pinkie knocked off Straw and began to grow a giant smile.

"I think we should go before pinkie goes off.”

Flash climbed in along with Straw, rarity and pinkie. Rainbowdash along with Fluttershy they climbed in with Lock, Lake and Ratchet. Rainbow sat next to Lock while Fluttershy made Lake scoot over in his seat. They all began to drive toward the base. Rainbow looked up at Lock for some reason. Rainbow looked him straining her eyes.
"Thunderline?” she looked closely at his face.

Lock looked down but, looked forward realizing his mistake.

"It is you Thunderline. Where have you been for the last seven years?”

Lock lowered his head to face Rainbow.

"I have not been called that name for seven years, so please don’t call me that.” he whispered.

"Why? I thought you died all those years ago during the Cloudsdale invasion.” she said

Lake turned his head back laughing.

"So it looks like I was right.” he laughed again. He got on the radio. "Hey, star you owe me 20 bits” his face filled with pride

"Why? Did Thunderline finally confess?”

"Yup and you didn’t believe me.”

Thunderline stared at Lake which made him shut up.

"As I was saying, I thought you died?”

"I guess I had to tell this story sometime.”

He chuckled.

"What a world. I almost died during that attack. As you remember when you just came to my house. The bombs began to drop and the soldiers came. I flew up to the sky to see what was happening and I was shot down.”

"That was the last time I saw you.”

A small ball of snow hit Rainbow in the face. Everypony laughed.

"Shut up.”

She wiped the snow off her face.

"What happened after that?”

"You wouldn’t believe me who saved me if I told but it was Nightwing.”

“What!”

Everypony in the jeep looked at Thunder expect for Ratchet but, her face was full of shock. Everypony remembers Nightwing memory is still fresh from the rally.

"He saw me on a small cloud on the edge of it. He said that I was sliding off when he caught me. He wasn’t a sniper back then; he was just a regular grunt. When I woke up on the ground in the everfreet forest next to a fire. He was across the fire poking the fire with a stick. His rifle was next to me and I grabbed it. He didn’t even look up when he said “put that down, if you kill me with that my forces near by they will hear it and kill you the moment they see you. So put it down.” I never shot a weapon before at that time and I was shaking. I dropped it on the ground. Most ponies’ first question at the beginning of the war was "Why are you doing this?” that is what I said to him. This is what he said back. "I am doing this because of Princess Celestia’s misguided blame on Princess Luna. Why did she blame her? That is my question Why?” without saying anything Nightwing fell asleep next to the fire. The next morning he was gone. But, that question has followed me ever since I tried to get rid of it by joining the Solar Empire Solar rangers. I have been busy ever since. I was going to search for you after the war.”

Flash came on the Radio.

“Alright, that is enough story telling. We are going to let off Lake and Star to get to their FFP. Then, we are going to stealthily get into the perimeter and while Lake and star take out the guards. Ratchet has already found the plans and coms channels. By the sounds of the chatter. It looks like Twilight has escaped and there was a fight from one of the prisoners. We just need to follow the tracker in her necklace. When we go in there Fluttershy, Rainbowdash will go inside with us.”

"Umm… ok… that is fine.” she said quietly.

"ALRIGHT, lets get these sons of bitchs.”

Rarity came on the radio.

“Rainbowdash that is not the language of a lady.”

"Give me that Rarity I need to finish. As I was saying Pinkie pie, Rarity and Straw will stay behind and guard the warthogs. Pinkie pie and Straw will man the guns while rarity will watch our back by watch the cameras. Is everypony cool with the plan?”

Everypony nodded.

"Alright, lets do this.”

They dropped off Lake and star with their rifles and gear.
"Be careful you two. We need our asses covered.” Flash said they got off.

"No, need to worry about us, boss. Just go and get your girlfriend back.” Lake said putting the forearm of the rifle on the top of his shoulder.

They drove past a couple of snow drifts but, as they drove past them fifteen ponies jumped out of the snow firing at them, all of them had black manes. Pinkie and Thunder jumped on the guns. They began to fire on the Black mane ambush. Pinkie began to bounce as the gun fired.

"Yeah, a hyperactive child on a mini-gun. What a great idea.” Flash thought sarcastically.

Pinkie killed them before Straw could even aim. Everypony just looked at her in awe. Flash sighed and got on the radio.

"Well, there goes our stealth approach. We can just go guns blazing now.”
Just as he said that the chain-link fence of the base appeared along with the entrance of the mountain base.

“Lets do this!” Rainbow yelled.

Pinkie and straw began to fire as Flash and Ratchet pressed on the gas. Then, the mortars and enemy fire began to rain down on them.


Luna woke up in the secondary base of Manehattion with a jolt and some pain in her left shoulder where a bullet stuck her body armor during the attack of her base. Luna sighed as she looked at the time. It was almost 6. It was time to lower the moon. Ever since the war began Luna has to be awake during the day. So she has to sleep at night. She raises and lowers the moon.
"It’s weird even after all the fighting that me and Celestia still do our daily duties like nothing ever happened.” Luna thought to herself as she lowered to moon.
Just about fifteen minutes before the sun was raised. As Luna stretched her legs and wings out she saw a file on her desk on the other side of the room. Curiously she trotted over to her desk and sat down on the pillow for the chair. She opened the file. The moment she saw it she got up leaving the file opened and walked towards her bed. With her magic she moved the bed aside revealing a suit of engraved sliver armor. It was just plain sliver armor that layered itself but, it had energy shield just like the SPARTAN armor but, just a little weaker. It was somewhat like Nightmare Moon’s armor but, just covered the body more. Next to it was two reverse-engineered energy swords. With her magic she levitated one of them and pressed the button. The blade was as blue as her coat. On the back it said how much battery it had left. 100%. She turned it off, not to waste the battery.

"This is going to be my last option, if I can’t get rid of the black manes’ spell from controlling anymore ponies then I am going to have to get my hoofs dirty.” she said to herself.

A tear rolled off her face as Capt. Sliver came in sleepy eyed.

"Good morning Princess.”

He looked at her and saw her armor in the floor case.

“Princess, I told you. You are not going to fight. If you get killed then, what are we going to do?”

Luna looked at him.

"Then, you will be in command of the Lunar Republic if I died. You shall lead a democracy so the ponies can choose who will lead them.”

The sudden response made Sliver quiet.

"Is everything alright Princess?”

Without a word Luna levitated the file to Sliver. The file showed him the number of lunar troops that are left. Down thirty-five percent. Ten percent injured. Five percent MIA.

"Oh my god. We have lost fifty percent of our forces!”

"I’m afraid, Sliver. I’m very afraid of what is happening.
She shivered

"But, we are still doing better then, the solar empire. They have lost sixty percent of their forces as well. But” Luna paused.

"What is it?”

Sliver closed the door.

"But, I have a feeling that they were behind this war the whole time.”

"Who?”

"The black manes. Didn’t you see how they controlled our ponies even some of our elite Lunar Craters got controlled so easily?”

Sliver nodded.

"I know princess I saw everything I lost some of my best friends to their control and some got killed. But, that is the reason you can not fight, Luna!”

Luna said nothing as she trotted over to the window. She looked down at the once bustling city. The sun was beginning to come up. Ponies began trot out during the day to so their usual activities.

“Capt. Sliver, you are not the only one that has lost friends to this war. As we all know, we used to be a peaceful country and only used violence as a last resort. But, that has been shattered and the consequence of our violence has and will be felt for years to come. Whole families wiped out, families torn, and friends lost. I just lost a close friend to my heart yesterday, when Hunter came back. She was one of my only true friends before the war. We play games, hung out sometimes when she was off of her moving job. It puzzles me how a small Pegasus can lift so much weight, but I will never know. She was my best friend most of all. When my sister was not around when I needed somepony she was there. Now, she is gone.”
Luna turned around with tears streaming off her face.

"You are telling me that I can not fight like you to honor my dead friends!”

Sliver stepped back in shock of the sudden burst of tears and sadness.

"No, princess I do not what you to die.”

Luna trotted to her armor and stared at it for a minute. Then, she turned to Sliver.

"When, we find the black manes’ base I will fight for my friends. I will fight for Ditzy.”

Then, as she was about to say some more a white royal guard came rushing in.

“Princess, Princess!”

Luna looked at the guard.

"What is it?”

"We have found something in the wastelands.”

Twilight woke with a jolt and a headache. She looked around in the metal vent realizing where she was. She looked at her necklace it was still blinking green.

“Please get me Flash. Please get me.” she whispered.

In the distance a voice could be heard where she came in.

"Hey, I think she may have gone in here.”

Another voice came of a mare.

"Are you sure I don’t think she can fit into that small vent. Twilight made a silent growl.

"How dare she call me fat!” she thought to herself almost yelling it out in anger.

"Don’t you see the dent marks and these vent crates were replaced when we took over the base a month ago. So, I think she is in there.”

"Um, ok how much?”

"I say ten bits”

“Fine by me.”

The stallion took off the crate and looked inside with a head mounted flash light. He looked back and forth. He turned back.

"I am going to go in a little more.”

"No, don’t if Star Flare or boo find us, we are going to be in serious trouble.”

He looked back to him.

"I am not going lose ten bits.”

He chuckled and began to crawl toward twilight. Twilight looked around as the sound of the crawling pony got closer. She flapped open her wings from the panic. They didn’t hit the sides of the wall. She looked at them and that gave her an idea.

"Wings don’t fail me now.” she thought.

She began to barely fly inside the crump vent. The stallion sighed as he got to Twilight’s old spot and found nothing.

"Well, Goo it looks like I owe you ten bits.”

Twilight stopped when she heard the vent closing echo thought the vent. She began to trot slowly making sure she didn’t make sound. After trotting for six solid minutes twilight stopped as she saw a cerate going downwards. Light was shining up from it and Twilight shivered when she heard a familiar voice. She looked down and the orange coat of Applejack appeared from a door.

"Applejack.” she whispered to herself.

"No, applejack no. not you why you.” as she saw her black dyed mane.

Not a trace of her blond mane was left behind. She was about to cry but, stopped when Whitesnow appeared behind applejack.

"Applejack is it true that you are the bearer of the element Honesty?”

Her voice sounded different then, usual it had more of a robotic fell to it, not the casual country accent.

"Yes, sir I represent the element of Honesty.”

"Good, now do you know where an item call the crown of darkness is?”

"No, sir”

"Do you know anypony that might?”

"I can guess three sirs.”

"Who are they?” with a somewhat of a serpent hsss.

"Twilight sparkle, Princess Celestia.”

"And how is the lassst one?” he said with a hiss.

"I believe somepony that has anything to do with magic objects; it has to be Twilight, Celestia, and Luna.”

“LUNA!”

"Yes, sir I believe so.”

Whitesnow began to calm down as he took deep breaths. He began to grow a little uncomfortable and itched at his skin like it was a mask.

"Excuse me for a second, Applejack.”

"Yes, sir.”

Applejack turned around doing what Whitesnow told her.
Whitesnow’s horn began to glow a dark green shade of magic. He began to glow into a ball of dark energy. When the darkness faded Twilight’s jaw dropped. Whitesnow had transformed into what seemed to be a Pony dragon mix. His glazing white coat turned to hard dark grey and black scales. His tail turned to that of a dragon’s. .

"What had you done to yourself Whitesnow?” Twilight thought in fear.

“Please Applejack come back when I call you later.” Whitesnow said in an evil serpent voice.

"Yes, sir.”

Applejack trotted to the door and pressed in a code then, the door opened. She trotted out. Then, Whitesnow looked up at Twilight through the crate with his now yellow narrow eyes.

"Now, Twilight you should know better then, to hide in such dirty places like the air duct. Now, why don’t you come on down and we can have a little chat.”
Before Twilight could respond Whitesnow teleported Twilight to the ground right in front of the beast that was once Whitesnow.

"Hello, my dear friend how was the trip?”

"Why?” she shook with fear.

"Why, what my dear? You have to say a full sentence to make sense.” he chuckled darkly.

"Why did you change your body just now?”

"Oh, there we go now that was not so hard was it?” he chuckled once again.

"Tell me! What changed your body!?!”

"Now, there is no need to yell. But, to answer your question, I have been like this for years. I say around when the war started. No, wait the day I started the war.” he laughed demonically.

"You started this?” she managed to say without falling to the ground with fear.

"Yes, I did but, I still need to answer your question, me dear. The day I found a buried chest in the everfreet forest near an ancient temple. When I opened it there was a half of a black dark crown. It gave off a dark energy that drew me closer to it. Like it was calling me. When I first heard the voice it told me something. Do you know what that was?”

"Wh- what?” she stumbled over the words.

"It told me to let the darkness inside, it told me it needed food. It needed death and destruction. ” he said with a hiss.

"One more question.”

"What?” he sounded annoyed.

"If you looked like this since the beginning of the war then, how did you change your appearance?”

"It gave the power to change into any form I want. Like for example Applejack’s hat hanging on the shelf by your window.”

Twilight looked up at Whitesnow as he was spinning AJ’s hat with his hoof.
But, before Twilight could speak a voice came on the intercom.

"INTRUDER ALERT. I REPEAT INTRUDER ALERT. THEY HAVE TWO WARTHOGS AND ARE SOLAR EMPIRE.”

Twilight looked at Whitesnow and smiled.

"Well, Whitesnow it looks like I have friends on the way.”

"My name isn’t Whitesnow. It’s star flare.”

Nightwing stared at Derpy as she was bleeding out. His eyes darken under the shadow of his sorrow. The alarms were blaring. Hooves could be heard has ponies were galloping though the steel corridor. He said nothing as Hunter started to panic and started to shake his shoulder.

"Nightwing, snap out of it! We need to go, NOW!” Hunter yelled as he was about to panic as the sound of hoofs started to get closer.

"I can teleport all three of us to the nearest chopper and get out of here!”

A single tear rolled off Nightwing’s cheek.

"We need to go Nightwing!”

Nightwing began to growl in sadness and rage as his beloved wife began to die slowly in his arms.

"Hunter, you have to promise me something.”

Hunter’s ears perked up as somepony outside the barracks.

"Search every single one until you find them!”

"What, nightwing!”

As Hunter shouldered his rifle.

"I want you to promise me that you will get Ditzy to the Manehattion base.”

"What?”

"I want you to teleport Ditzy and yourself to Manehattion.”

"What about you?”

Before Nightwing could answer a banging noise came from Hunter’s room.

"Don’t try to stop me.” he said coldly.

Nightwing stood up and picked up his rifle.

"Go, Hunter.”

"But,” he was speechless.

"GO!” Nightwing interrupted.

"JUST GO! As protocol stats any base that is captured, all data must be destroy along with the base. And that data is stored in the Princess’ old room.”

He turned around, facing Hunter. Nightwing had the rage of a dragon in his eyes.

"Ok, but I am coming back.”

Hunter’s horn began to glow as he teleported himself and Derpy to Manehattion.

"There is one thing I want to tell you my friend before you go.”

Hunter looked up as he was about to teleport.

"What?” he said looking at the door with his back facing his friend.

"I want you to remember. The first causality of war is innocence . There is no innocence left but for the fillies and colts. But, tell Ditzy to love me even when I’m gone. If you ever see my daughter, tell her. Daddy loves her too and she is now the reason that I am fighting… for her. And thank you for everything, thanks for being my friend.”

"Do not say th-” he could not finish his sentence as the spell finished teleporting Derpy and himself to Manehattion .

Nightwing took a deep breath as he could hear the near by hoof steps. He grabbed the energy sword and placed it in his saddlebag. He sighed.

"I shall see you soon my friends but, not now. I‘ve got things to do while I‘m
alive. But, I need to do this. this is for Headshot.”

he muttered as he put on Headshot’s helmet, it hooked up to the suit bringing up the HUD. Five red dots appeared on the small radar screen.

“For HEADSHOT!” he screamed as he jumped out of his room.

The blaring alarm made his adrenaline start pumping through his veins like a waterfall. The first pony could not react in time as Nightwing punched him in the face, Nightwing made a 360 degree turn grabbing the pony’s neck then, tossing him across the corridor into the nearest pony killing both of them as they hit the floor. Nightwing then began to shoot all the ponies one by one in the corridor with his rifle. Blood splattered against his face, visor, and wall. Nightwing pressed the trigger again and nothing, but a click was the gun’s response. Some of remaining ponies saw that he was out then, began to rush toward him. The first one tried to push the shotgun barrel into his chest. But, Nightwing sidestepped grabbing the end of the barrel making it swing into the shooter’s face while he pulled the trigger. The pony dropped dead but, with the momentum nightwing flung the shotgun into the nearest of the last two ponies. The shotgun hit the pony in the side of the face making him wince in pain. Nightwing slid on the steel panels of the floor like an ice rink elbowing the pony in the face making him drop the gun from the magic. Nightwing caught the pony and the gun in mid-air. Using the pony as a shield from the other’s bullets. With the first pony’s gun Nightwing aimed down the sight. Fear struck the last pony as he tried to readjust his sight. Nightwing pulled the large trigger of the pistol grip shotgun.

"I am going to need some cider after this.”

Nightwing sighed but, stopped when heavy hoof step began to rapidly come down a couple of corridors down. He looked up at the HUD and two large red dots appeared. Nightwing went around a corner and pulled out two grenades. As he just got around it. Two huge pony robots came around the opposite corner. Half way up the hallway nightwing bit both of the pins then, threw them right underneath both of the armored ponies. They looked down and as one of them tried to jump out of the way but, it was too late the grenades exploded right underneath their hoofs. Blood and bodies exploded across the entire corridor. Nightwing got behind the corner just before they went off. The concussion could be felt even around the corner. There was a moan coming from the hallway full of shrapnel, metal, blood and shells. As Nightwing went around the corner he stepped into a pool of blood. It didn’t even faze him as the rage of Derpy’s death fueled him but, tried to keep calm and looked at the remains of one of the robot ponies. Nightwing scratched his head as it looked like the mecs used by the heavy infantry. Nightwing picked up pistol ammo for the pistol Derpy gave him. As he but a full mag in it. He closed his eyes and a tear fell. He snapped his head up in vengeance, his eyes filled with tears as the rage and sorrow began to fill Nightwing. Nightwing grabbed as much ammo from the bodies as he could find. Twenty rounds of shotgun, fifty rounds of pistol and sixty rounds of rifle. He put Derpy’s pistol in his chest rig, both of the long guns on his sides as he trotted his way to the mess hall. He trotted for a while with nopony in sight as if they are waiting. Nightwing stopped in mid step as he felt something pressing something very thin like a wire. Nightwing looked at it confused then, looked at the walls. Both of the ends of the walls have the same crease in it. Nightwing backed up slowly and grabbed the shotgun.

"Well, if something has got to go it better be this, then me.”

He threw the shotgun at the line. When it hit. Spikes came out of the walls and they made contact together, ripping the shotgun into pieces like a shredder and paper. With a shocked expression Nightwing backed away.

"Ok.”

Nightwing flew over the Spike wall but, fell about four feet from the ground. He got up in pain.

"Shit, note to self do not fly for more than thirty seconds.”

He began to limp as his burns and wounds began to act up again. Nightwing popped another pill for the pain. As he found the door for the mess hall. He could not hear a thing other then, his ears ringing from the constant firing but, over the years he had gotten used to it. He could hear ponies gear up and somepony was saying something.

"Alright, ponies we need to get this bastard that thinks that he can destroy the black Manes. Do you think he can do it?”

"HELL NO.” everypony in the mess hall yelled.

"Then, let go find him!”

Nightwing looked down and saw a fallen LR standard assault rifle. He looked at his ammunition. He was low only ten rounds and one grenade. He grabbed all the ammo he could and three grenades. He saw his shotgun on the ground and he smiled. He grabbed it and aimed it at the door.

“LET FIND HIM.” somepony said right inside the door.

He opened the door, making him look down Nightwing’s shotgun.

"You found me.” as he pulled the trigger making the pony’s head disappear in a puff of red drops of mist.


"My tail is twitching move to the right! NOW!” Pinkie yelled.

Flash steered to the right. A mortar struck where they were going to be. Everypony looked at pinkie.

"Never mind my pinkie sense just pay attention to the fighting!” yelled over her gun.

"Bogies to the right!” Rainbow yelled.

But, as the gunner aimed at rainbow’s jeep a large round hit the pony’s head just making it disappear in red. Three more shots killed the crew then flipped the jeep.

"You’re welcome.” Lake’s voice came over the radio.

Ratchet steered through the field of bullets and snow. Bullets and shrapnel bounced off the jeep’s armor. Flash turned to Straw as they approached.

"GET THE FUCKING RPG AND SHOOT THE GUARD TOWER!”

"You don’t have to yell, you know.” as he brought out an RPG.

"Boom bitch.” as he shot the RPG into the nearest guard tower.

The tower exploded into pieces of concert and wood. Both of the jeeps drove through the gates of base. Splinters of wood and steel hit anypony that was near it. Thunderline and pinkie continued to fire as they saw five pony mechs. The mechs began to rush the two jeeps as did the jeeps. It was like a life or death game of chicken. But, before the mechs could reach them Thunderline fired at the joints of three of them and they fell. Pinkie did the same with the other two.

“Flash!” Thunderline got on the radio.

"You take ratchet, Straw, and Rainbowdash inside with you while, Rarity will drive your jeep with pinkie shooting, while I am with Fluttershy. Just jump off while we continue to drive and take the heat off of you. NOW, FUCKING GET AT IT!”

Flash sighed and got back on the radio as they approached the entrance.

"Good luck.”

"The same to you my friend. Now, go and get your girlfriend back.”

Ratchet, Straw, flash and Rainbowdash jumped out while Fluttershy and rarity took the wheel. Flash took his rifle and shot the first black mane. Then, the team rushed into the base. Ratchet rushed ahead of the team and reached the first door. Then, began to tap on a wrist mounted computer.

“keep these assholes off me while I am doing this!” Ratchet yelled.

The rest of the team formed a circle around Ratchet. Rainbowdash and Flash flew up and began to fire on any Pegasi ponies in the air. The blasts of gun fire are starting to slow down as numbers of black manes were dwindling down.

"I’m in!” Ratchet yelled.

The door opened an entire platoon oblivious to the noise outside stood there in shock. The entire team rushed in shooting every single pony that was in there. Some of them ran around the corner and raised the alarm. The flash and straw began to gallop in the hallway toward more ponies. Straw stopped and pulled out a grenade.

“FRAG OUT” he yelled as he threw it toward the black manes.

The explosion splattered blood and limbs everywhere horrifying some the ponies that are around the corner. Some of the surviving ponies laid there moaning in their own blood and limps. Everypony in the team looked at Straw in shock. He just shrugged.

“Lucky shot.”

Flash just shook his head and continued down the corridor. They stopped at an intersection in the corridor. Flash looked Ratchet.

"Which why is Twilight?”

Ratchet sighed at she looked up from the computer.

"She is in the main control room, Flash.”

"Shit”

Straw pulled on Flash’s shoulder.

"Hey, that saves us the trip. We needed to go there anyway.”

Flash looked at Straw. With one hoof he was tossing a block of C4 in the air and catching it again with a smile.

"Now, like Thunderline said lets get your girlfriend back.” as he put the C4 in his saddlebags.

"If you two are done lollygagging we got some company coming from all sides!” Rainbowdash yelled over the sound of her rifle.

Flash looked at everypony and pulled out a grenade.

“Lets get do this. FRAG OUT!” he yelled as he pulled the pin and threw it toward the left hall.

The explosion killed over half the closely compressed ponies. Each pony of the team starts to fire on their own hallway. Bullets hitting every single inch of the both ends of the hallways. bullets struck Straw in the hide leg and firing leg.

"Straw!” yelled Flash.

"I’m fine!” As straw yelled he continued to fire.

The hallways became quite as the last of the black mane ponies were put down.

"I think that” Rainbowdash paused breathing heavily. "I think that is the last of them.”

"Not even close my dear Rainbowdashhh.” the sound of Whitesnow came on the Intercom. Making everypony jump at the noise.

"Whitesnow?” Flash said confusingly

"Yes and no.” with a dark chuckle.

"What do you mean? what you doing here?! Where‘s Twilight!” yelling and almost getting into Flare’s face.

"I mean that my name is not Whitesnow. It’s Star flare. that has always been my name. and the reason I’m doing here. Well, why don’t we talk in person? A door opened in the wall and a red unicorn came out with no weapon but, unicorns can use their horns for spells. Flash looked at her. He didn’t like this. Her horn began to glow and they were all teleported to the command center. They all looked around and noticed their weapons and armor were gone. They were surrounded by entire team of fully geared masked ponies. Flash looked up and near jump out of his skin as he was staring into the being that was once Whitesnow. Flash looked up and down the beast. His grey and black scales almost could almost blind into the walls. His yellow eyes peered deep into Flash’s soul.

"Hello, how was the trip?”

Flash said nothing.

"Oh, come on Flash I know that you are looking for somepony. Somepony has been screaming for you since you tripped the alarm.”

Star flare gestured behind him, a door opened and a cage with Twilight in it. she was in shackles and something wrapped around her horn.

"But, before I do anything to you and you’re so called team. I want to congratulate you for defeating my small security force. But, next time use secure channels when you are talking about attack plans. Now, I have a couple your friends for you.”

The same door that brought in twilight. Three fully armed ponies brought in Lake and Star.

"I knew your entire plan. didn’t you suspect something when an entire team of ponies came out of the snow? I didn’t even use air support. I will take you on a little tour of the base.”

"Not without Twilight!” Rainbowdash and Flash yelled at the same time.
With so much of a blink of an eye he turned around to the same unicorn that teleported them here.

"Bring Flash, Rainbowdash, and Twilight, kill the rest.” he whispered.

The red unicorn nodded toward the guard keeping twilight
Two guards pushed Rainbowdash and Flash making them follow Flare. Two others did the same with Lake, Star, Ratchet and Straw were pushed toward another door. To the back of the center. Flash and Rainbow looked at the rest of their team. Straw winked at Flash. Flash almost tackled the guards behind him. They pushed him back and forward.

"Get going or we will shoot.” the pony said in a metallic voice.
As they made their way to the hanger Rainbow leaned into Flash’s ear.

"What was that about?” Rainbowdash whispered. Her eyes were shaking in fear.

"You just might want to cover your ear in about two minutes.” Flash whispered back.

"Hey, Star Flare where you taking my friends?”

Still facing forward he said.

"I have a team that is going to kill them, might as well as tell you now to give you closer. But, my team is taking them to the reactor in the center of the base. When they execute them their bodies well fall into the core and burn away. That is going
to happen to you if you don’t shut up. Now no more questions.” he said coldly.

They continued to walk to the hanger bay when the base began to shake.
Everypony began to stumble and the lights began to flutter. Somepony came on the intercom.

"Just an earthquake. Nothing is happening.”

Flash looked at his watch and a tear fell onto his watch. One more minute. Until the blast. One more minute until Flash loses his best friend.


"Get moving.” the guard said in a robotic voice behind Straw.

The black suited guard hit Straw in the ribs with the butt of his gun. Making him flinch in pain. He already had been hurt from the multiple gun shots. Ratchet and Star helped him walk. They walk to the end of the corridor to a large room dark room with a dark blue glow in the center. The heat could be felt from the entrance to the room. Ratchet, Star, Lake and Straw all looked at each other. As they approached the blue glow the heat became almost unbearable.

"Alright, line you four.”

Straw, Star, Lake and Ratchet lined up with their backs to the blue glow.

"Alright, when I say go, rush the two guards and get out of here.” Straw whispered.
Everypony else looked at him. While the guards lined up their rifles at them.

“Ready.”

"What about you, Straw?” Lake said next to him.

“lets just say I am going out in a blaze of glory.” Straw said with a chuckle.
Everypony looked at him confusingly.

"What do you mean?” Star said with confusion with a hint of concern.

"Aim.”

"NOW”

Star, Ratchet, and Lake rushed passed the guards as Straw tackled both of the guards to the ground and began to drag them to the blue glow

"Straw!” Ratchet screamed.

"Hey, Ratchet.”

Ratchet looked him in his tear filled eyes.

“Love me, when I’m gone.”

Straw pulled back revealing all the C4 he had underneath his undershirt and sending him and the two guards into the blue glow of the core. As they went over the edge Straw had tears come off his face glittering in the air. He mouthed to Ratchet.

"Go.”

He fell with the guards screaming. He let them go as they went into free fall into the reactor. His life began to flash before his eyes as he was beginning to be engulfed in the blue glow. He smiled and closed his eyes.

"What a ride” he chuckled as the timer hit zero.

The rest of the team ran off as the timers of the C4 hit zero. A huge explosion of blue and orange light filled the room sending them flying into the corridor. They got up and ran As they reached the disserted and corpse ridden command center Ratchet looked up at the main monitor she was horrified of what was on it.

"DANGER, REACTOR MULFUNTION. NUCLEAR MELTDOWN IN SEVEN MINUTES AND TWENTY SECONDS.”

Then, the lights went out with nothing but, the red glow of the countdown clock to laminate the room. Leaving the ponies silent as they all stared at the monitor.


Nightwing was breathing heavily as he was surrounded by a mass of blood ridden bodies. He dropped the shotgun as he shot the last pony that had the strength to fight. Nightwing looked around and sighed in relief as he was finished with the mess hall. He checked himself. He was fine other then, his old wounds.

"I think that may be all of them.” as he froze in place as he heard a shotgun being charged.

"No, you forgot one.” a familiar voice sounded.

Without even turning around Nightwing chuckled.

"It’s good to see you Blackjack.”

"It’s good to see you Black cobra. too long time no see.”

"So, are you here to kill me?”

"No, I’m here on a different matter.”

"And may that be?”

"I can’t say much but, I’m here to make a giant boom in about.” Blackjack paused as he looked at a shiny new watch. “Fifteen minutes.”
Nightwing raised an eyebrow.

"So, you are here to retrieve all of the data you can get a hold of and blow the reactors making this base too damaged and radioactive for any use? Then, sell the data to the highest bidder? Or were you sent by Celestia? We both know that you have debt to her.”

Blackjack said nothing as he was surprised at that Nightwing figured every single detail.

"So, it looks like you haven’t lost your touch.” Blackjack said in amusement.

"Hey, remember I used to do the same job you’re doing right now.” Nightwing said with a small chuckle.

"Yeah, then you married some mare.” Blackjack said sounding like a cruel joke.

Nightwing turned around kicking Blackjack’s shotgun out the magic aurora with his hide left hoof in rage putting his pistol under Blackjack’s jaw.

"Do not dare talk about my wife!” Nightwing got into the white-ish grey stallion’s face.

Blackjack backed up a step but, gained it back. He cleared his throat.

"I’m sorry, black cobra.”

Nightwing chuckled at the name.

"Apology accepted but, I don’t go by that name anymore the name that I go by is Nightwing. Even, Celestia doesn’t know my real name. remember my face mask?”

Blackjack shivered at the memory of the mask.

"I thought that thing was creepy as all hell. I still remember it like I just saw it. But, it looks like you don’t have it anymore.”

"No, it’s with my father right now.” as nightwing picked up the shotgun and gave it back to Blackjack.

"Thanks.” as he grabbed the shotgun with his magic. "So, how is your father?”

"Oh, he is resting well at home. Along with my mom. I think.” Nightwing chuckled.

"So, what you doing here killing every single pony of the group you started?”
Nightwing glared at Blackjack.

"They decided to make it personal.” Nightwing snapped back as the shiny glint of the revolver Derpy gave Nightwing hit Blackjack right in the eye.

Blackjack stared at it for a moment then, realized the emotion of Nightwing’s face was filled with sorrow, despair and rage said it all.

"I’m sorry Nightwing.”

"It’s fine but, I have to destroy the data. So, the solar empire doesn’t get it.”

The click of Blackjack’s shotgun’s safety going off made Nightwing bring out Derpy’s revolver to Blackjack’s head.

"Go ahead and try to shoot me. Go ahead try.”

Blackjack pressed the trigger but, nothing but the response of the firing pin hitting air.

"How di-” Blackjack was interrupted as he saw the shell in Nightwing’s hoof.

"I took it out when I handed it back to you. I knew that the moment you told me that you were working for Celestia I don’t buy it. I know that I have Bounty on my head in the Solar empire. All snipers do but, she does not like me one bit And by the way.”

Nightwing jumped in the air and kicked Blackjack in the horn sending horrifying amounts of pain into Blackjack making him drop the gun. Blackjack looked up with tears in his eyes to see the barrel of Derpy’s revolver.

"So, you are going to shoot me now?”

"No.” he said coldly as he de-cocked the hammer.

"What?” Blackjack said confusingly

"I know you are somepony that loves to gamble.” as he took out a deck of cards.

"What do you have in mind?”

"Well, lets play the game that one’s name suggest.”

"Blackjack?”

"Yeah, why not?”

"What is the wager?”

Nightwing passed out the first two hands.

"How about a two of three games. If I win you stop trying to collect the bounty on my head and it would be nice if I had another familiar face around.”
"And if I win?”

"The opposite happens I will give myself to you without a fight and you can collect the bounty then, you can go relax in luxury for the rest of you days off the money from my bounty. Do we have a deal?”
"We have a deal.”

Blackjack spat into his hoof. Nightwing did the same and they shook on it.
"Alright.” Nightwing paused as he looked at his cards. "Hit me.”


Pinkie, Thunderline, Rarity and Fluttershy were breathing heavily they finished the last of the outer perimeter defenses.

"At least we” Pinkie took a breath. "We are done. I only have about a hundred rounds left.”

Thunderline laughed.

"What is so funny darling?” Rarity shielding her eyes from the glare of the sun.

"That was too easy.”

Everypony in both of the warthogs looked at him.

"What do you mean?, um… if you don’t mind.” Fluttershy spoke just loudly enough to be heard.

"I mean that this is a fully operational base. They had heavy mechs, RPGs, and hundreds of ponies just out here. Not only imagine the enormous number of enemy soldiers inside. But, if they had all of they that they have to have air support. I could hear some of the ponies scream to radio operators for some. I think this may have been a trap.” Thunderline looked at the entrance of the base.

The three friends looked at each other worried.

"But, knowing Flash as long as I have, he always has a plan B.”

Just as he said that an announcement on the intercom and the ground began to shake. It was Ratchet.

"Everypony, please get out of here the Nuclear reactor has gone critical is having a meltdown! GET OUT AND DO NOT LOOK BACK. DO NOT GO BACK FOR ANYTHING FIND ANY WAY TO ESCAPE TO THREE MILES IN SIX MINUTES! THE ENTIRE MOUNTAIN WILL COLLASPE! KILLING EVERYTHING IN ITS PATH AND EVERYPONY INSIDE!”

Rarity and Fluttershy looked at each other.

"Darling, we can wait for about three minutes after that we have to gun it. If we can‘t make it. Twilight taught me how to teleport for a short distance.” Rarity said with concern.

"Alright, try to gather as many surviving ponies as you can until that time.”

Thunderline climbed next to Fluttershy and got on the radio.

“Flash.”

Static.

“Flash do you copy.”

This time gun fire and panic could be heard.

“Flash, if you can copy come to the front entrance and then we to haul ass. And make sure you have Twilight and Applejack with you.”

Pinkie pie, rarity and Fluttershy looked Thunderline in surprise.

"What you are telling me that Applejack is there also?”

"Yes, I thought you guys knew that. It was all over their com channels.”
"No, we don’t know that!” Rarity yelled.

"So, now we have three of our friends in there. In the ticking time bomb of a mountain.” Fluttershy murmured.

"I’m afraid so.” Thunderline said dreadfully. "I’m afraid so.”


As the mountain shook Flash saw that Flare was stumbling to keep his balance. He looked at the guards behind him then, at Dash.
“Lets go.”

Flash tackled one of the two guards knocking his weapon off away from him toward Dash. The beast of a stallion towered over Flash.

"You are going to regret that.” the metallic voice made Flash slightly intimidated.

"No, you are.” the sound of gun scared Flash as it whished passed his ear.

The lumbering giant of a pony fell to the ground. Flash turned and saw the smoking barrel of the other guard’s gun. The guard was smaller more of mare. She stood there looking down at the dead body of the once giant guard. Flash looked at Dash as she held the dead guard’s gun in her worn out hoofs. The mare looked at Flash. Her face mask glimmered in the light. It was smooth like a biker’s helmet.

"You’ll better get out of here. Before it takes over again. Take my pistol and rifle.”

The sound of a familiar voice came from the helmet. The mare dropped her pistol and rifle then, slid it on the steel paneling. The mare walked pass them toward the hanger. But, stopped just about five feet away without turning around she spoke.

"It’s good to see you Dash. I wish I could come with you but, the moment I leave the base is when I continue to be under his control. And also Flare took Twilight when you were fighting the guard. He went to the hanger bay. There is an armory right next to it. You got six minutes. Just keep going straight and you will get there.”

Flash looked at Dash confusingly. She did the same.

"Who are you?” Dash said with some confusion.

The mare walked and Flash noticed a rip in the uniform. A flash of orange and red hit them both like a light.

"Applejack.” Dash whispered to herself.

She turned left and disappeared. The ground began to shake violently. Ratchet got on the intercom.

"Everypony, please get out of here the Nuclear reactor has gone critical is having a meltdown! GET OUT AND DO NOT LOOK BACK. DO NOT GO BACK FOR ANYTHING FIND ANY WAY TO ESCAPE TO THREE MILES IN SIX MINUTES! THE ENTIRE MOUNTAIN WILL COLLASPE! KILLING EVERYTHING IN ITS PATH AND EVERYPONY INSIDE!”

Rainbowdash and Flash looked into each others eyes.

“Lets do this.” Flash as he grabbed the dead guard’s weapons.
Dash sighed as she picked up Applejack’s rifle.

"She never liked violence but, she would do if need be. Now, I will avenge her. Even, though she is not dead, she is still under control of that thing. She was on my best friends and now he had taken Twilight. Now, he is going to die.”

Flash nodded and they both rose in the air then, began to fly toward the hanger. They found no resistance and even found abandoned weapons here and there. But, as they reached the door by the mess hall. The sound of gunfire came in a roar making them stop.

“come back you cowards! Or we will open fire.” a dark deep voice of old pony roared

A silence only disrupted by the sound of wing beats and hoofs running away.

“Fire!”

Then, the sound of gun fire came. Blood spattered in the faded windows. But, all of a sudden a blood stained Earth pony jump through the door with bullets just flying over his head and body.

The pony began to prey aloud nearly screaming.
“Please, dear Celestia help me!” just as he said that a bullet hit him knocking him down onto the ground, never to get up again.

Five fully armored black ponies came to the body followed by a grey old stallion.

"Make sure.” the old pony said with a grin.

One of the black ponies knelt down and checked his vital signs. The pony shook its head.

"I said make sure.”

The pony got up and took out its pistol. Rainbowdash looked away just at the shot was fired.

“Lets go.” Flash whispered into Dash’s ear.

They flew over the black manes as quietly as possible. Then, when they reached the hanger door. They got on the ground and opened it. It was mass chaos only Discord could dream of. Planes smoking and on fire, you couldn’t step anywhere without stepping in somepony’s blood. Bullet casings everywhere. Flash walked until they go to an open patch of unstained ground. It was a large patch about the size of Three-fourths of a football field. At the opposite side was an unconscious Twilight at the foot of Star Flare. he was sitting facing them with a wicked smile. Behind him was the one of two only operational choppers with a team of ponies inside facing Flash and Dash, one had the rip in the uniform.

"So, looks like you caught up with me.”

"What do you want with her Flare!?” Flash screamed as he approached but stopped when all but, one raised their guns to Flash.

"You better not provoke my team here. One of them is a dear friend. Now, I will only answer if you say your question calmly” he laughed.

"What do you want with her?” Flash said a little more calmly with some irritation.

"That’s better. Now, I am not just going to tell you what I want. You are just going to have to ask your dear princess. But, I doubt that.”
Flash raised an eyebrow.

"Why?”

"Because, my dear friend, what I want is a Dark secret that she has tried to hide for a long time. So, I am going to need Twilight here to open something for me.”

"I’m sorry about that but, that is not going to happen.” as Rainbowdash opened fired on him.

The bullets just bounced off his scales even hitting some of the team behind him. Two of the ponies fell off with a thud. If the bullets didn’t kill them the impact did. That seemed to aggravate him.

“kill them.”

All of the ponies expect for Applejack jumped off and began shooting. Dash and Flash flew behind a busted chopper. Dash looked over and saw the barrels of a mini-gun sticking out of the chopper’s port side. She flew as fast as she used to with the rainbow following her. Flash saw the rainbow and began to fire covering her. Three more the ponies dropped but, there was still five more and they were beginning to advance on them.

“come on Dash we need this!”

“keep your pants on!”

Flash chuckled.

"I don’t even wear pants! I wear shorts!” he laughed as he fired.

The roar of the barrels made Flash jump as they came to life. All five of the ponies dropped with a liquid thud. Flare laughed as the last pony dropped.

"What’s so funny?” as Flash and Dash flew to Flare.

"It is just that you are just trying so hard even when you only have two minutes before the reactor explodes. You seemed to forget how clever I am. You know that the beacon goes off of radio frequency, right?”

Flash raised an eyebrow.

"What are you getting at, Flare?”

"We could read it the moment she turned it on. We knew she had it. We let her keep it. But, I just didn’t expect Applejack to fight and let Twilight escape into the air vents. But, the moment she activated it. We knew that you would come and get her. But, there is one problem.”

"What is that?” Flash said confusingly.

"I’m not even there.” he smirked.

Dash and Flash looked at each other confusingly.

"Then, explain why the bullets just bounced off your scales?”

“remember I am some what a unicorn. I have made an invisible shield around my clone.”

"Then, what about Twilight?”

"Oh, she is here but, not for long. And there is nothing you can do to stop it.”
The entire hanger began to sway back and forth.

"One minute. Better hurry. Times a wasting,”

Flare disappeared. Twilight was in the chopper laid out on the seats and Applejack was in the pilot seat. The chopper took off and left before Dash and Flash could react. Then, the intercom came on with a female computer voice.

"ONE MINUTE WARNING. ALL INHABITANTS MUST LEAVE NOW. RADIATION LEVELS ARE AT CRITICAL.”

Dash landed on the ground.

"So, we did this for nothing?” Dash murmured.

"No, we now know why he is doing this. He said that he was looking for something. That means he has not found it yet. I don’t know what he is talking about. But, I know we must find it and destroy it once and for all. But we need to follow them.” as they climbed in the chopper and took off.

Flash looked back at the mountain as it imploded on itself and slid down into the valley below. Flash shed a tear remembering his dear friend. Private Steel Straw his best friend. He was about to go to a seat he stopped when he heard the explosion. He eyes got wide rocks began to shoot from the rubble.

"Shit.”

Rainbowdash looked back from the cockpit.

"What’s going on?”

"Brace for impact!” he just managed to get the words out before the concussion of the blast hit both of the choppers sending theirs into a wild tail spin making it crash into the side of another mountain.
Applejack’s was engulfed in flame and snow.


Blackjack looked at Nightwing with some confuesion and placed down the card.

"Hit or stand?” not loosing eye contact with Nightwing.

"Hit me.”

He placed down the card. But, before it hit the ground. Blackjack moved his black and red mane from his eye and looked at nightwing with a glare then, his horn began to glow.

"As I remember you didn’t gamble or play cards.”

Nightwing began to chuckle.

"You would be right.”

"And I think you still don’t.”

"That is correct.” he smiled.

"Then, why did you ask to play for your life?”

Nightwing looked at his cards.

"Because, it has been a while since I have seen you. And I wanted to hang for a bit before I have to kill you.”

"Well, that is too bad. I am not going to die tonight.”

Nightwing looked at Blackjack.
"So, it has been that long already?”

Blackjack drew his shotgun and pulled back on the charging handle then, it sprung forward.

"Yes, it is night.”

"You there is a reason my name is Nightwing. You know why?”

"Why?” putting pressure on the trigger.

"Because I was born in the dark, I can fight in the dark I can fly in the dark. But, I don’t want to kill you Blackjack you were my best friend ever since grade school. You were there when I got my Cutie mark. But, right now I am going to have to say good bye for now.”

"What?” Blackjack rasied an eyebrow.

Just as he said that Nightwing uppercutted the shotgun and making Blackjack shoot the round into the giant light that ran across the entire length of the Mess hall. The shot hit the light and shattering the glass. The room went dark making Blackjack stumble trying to figure out where Nightwing was. Nightwing opened the door as Blackjack shot into the air where a mouse was eating a piece of cheese.
Nightwing trotted the entire way to the princess’s room. When he opened the door, He looked around and saw her desk. It was made of all wood but, it had a computer on it, which it felt out of place to nightwing. It bothered him a litter more then is should have. He trotted to it and looked under the desk. It was filled full of hard drives and wires.

"Is this all of it?” as he

He looked down to see a trapdoor. He opened it and underneath was the entire database of the Lunar Republic.

"Um, how about that.”

Nightwing pulled out a grenade and pulled the pin.

"Over the lips, through the gums. Watch out stomuch here it comes.” as he dropped the grenade and hell of a lot of C4.

He got up and looked on her desk. His eyes stopped on a sliver colored item. It was covered in dried blood. It was the energy sword that killed Browntrack. He stared at it for a second and grabbed it. As he walked out and closed the door a Black Mane ran around the corner. But, stopped as he saw Nightwing. The Black Mane looked at Nightwing as he walked down the corridor. The doors exploded outward with balls of flame behind him. The blast blew his mane around in front of his eyes and created a shadow around him. The stallion drew a pistol.

"Bow down to the Black manes or be killed!”

As he trotted toward the stallion he drew the energy sword across his face. The bloody red glow shined on his face and Nightwing glared with rage.

"I will not bow down. Not now or ever.” as he jumped in the air raising the sword.

The stallion shot at him but, missed as Nightwing swung down, the bullet was sliced in half both half just missing his ears by a mere one-forth of an inch. Still in motion of the swing the blade hit the stallion’s neck, slicing his head off. Nightwing sighed as he got up from the body.

"May your god let you rest in peace.”

Nightwing looked at the battery. 79%. He took out the one that was used to kill Derpy and turned around the corner. There were about five Black Mane ponies in the hallway still deafened by the blast. He got airborne. They all looked at Nightwing with fear.

"IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO DIE. LEAVE THIS PLACE A-” he could not even finish his sentence before the ponies left leaving nothing but, smoke clouds that were their shape.

"I think this may be just the part where I just leave and go.”

Just as his hoofs hit the ground the sprinkler system came on. The water sizzling on the blade of the energy sword. He began to walk to the vehicle bay. As he opened a door. He noticed a pack of cigarettes on the floor.

"Hell, I haven’t smoked in years, one won’t hurt.”

He picked the pack up and lit one with the edge of the energy sword. He turned off the energy swords and placed them on the thighs of his hind legs. He took out his rifle and took a deep breath.

"This is for Browntrack.” he murmured to himself.

He turned 180 degrees and bucked the doors open. Nearly knocking the doors off their hinges. About fifty ponies were just lounging around like they couldn’t hear all of the noise. They looked at Nightwing in confusion but, that confusion quickly turned to shock when Nightwing ran into the bay and jumped in the air then, dropped kicked the closest pony in the head knocking her out right away. He hipped shot the pony right next to him. He ran and slid behind some crates as the ponies began to fire. Nightwing reloaded his rifle and grabbed a stun grenade. He popped the pin. He threw it over and covered his ears. He heard the boom and popped up from behind the crates and looked at all of the ponies rubbing their eyes and ears. He began to pop all of the ponies that he could see.

"Great last one.” he thought as he slapped it in.

He walked from the crate and when around a chopper. He jumped when a statue of a pony covering its eyes appeared out of nowhere.

"Ah god!” as he jumped on the ground on his back.

He got up and looked at the statue closer it had blood dripping down its hoofs. Nightwing looked behind the statue and saw about fifteen ponies on the ground dead. He blinked and the statue moved on its own and its appearance changed from what looked like weeping angle to sinister monster. Its mouth had fangs and its eyes were soulless and dark. This made him jump making him bring up his rifle and blasting his whole magazine into the statue. A pricing scream was heard as the statue was made into ruble. Then, two ponies came rushing in and looked at the once statue.

"That thing is not a statue.” Nightwing screamed at the two ponies while pointing his empty rifle at it.
A brown stallion came and looked at it not, even noticing Nightwing. The stallion turned to his partner. A grey and blond mare that was wall eyed. Derpy.

"Why didn’t we think of this? Since they thrive on their image, so if you destroy it while you are looking at it. Then, you can kill it. Brilliant!”

The brown stallion turned to Nightwing.

"Thank you, sir for you-” he stopped as he looked at Nightwing like he knew him.

"Ditzy?” Nightwing muttered almost crying as he saw her behind the stallion.

"Yes, do I know you?” as Derpy looked away from her muffin.

"It‘s me. How did you-” Nightwing was interrupted by the brown stallion as he put his hoof in Nightwing’s mouth and shoved him to the side.

"Don’t say what I am thinking your about to say. Just to let you know she is a younger Ditzy Doo then, the one you know, Nightwing. And something bad is going to happen to you Nightwing that will change this war.” he whispered.

"How do you know my name and who are you?”
He let go of Nightwing.

"I’m the Doctor and everypony knows you.”

"How do you know so much about me?”

"I can’t say but, listen to my warning. Do not go to the wastelands. Just retire.”

As the Doctor let him go and went to a blue box in the corner of the bay followed by Derpy. Nightwing is wondering how did he not notice it and was in shock when he realized what it was.

"Oh my fucking god, I can‘t believe it. It‘s the Doctor! Holy shit, Hunter is going to get a fucking kick out of this!” Nightwing laughed excited.

The Doctor closed the door behind Derpy. Derpy turned around to face The Doctor.

"Who was that pony, Doctor?”

He sighed.

"His name is Nightwing but, that is all I know.”
She chuckled.

“For as long I have known you Doctor, you have the tendinsy to lie. Now, tell me how is he and why did you bring me here?”

He sighed as Nightwing went around the corner and saw a motorcycle with a note on it.

"He is one of the best soldiers in this war and the reason we have come here is too see him before the greatest battle of the war. The battle of the Unknown. He is going to change.”

Nightwing read the note.
"I didn’t have enough energy to teleport all the way to Manehattion, I took a chopper and Derpy is still alive but, barely. I also got a message from Luna. She said that she wants you to go the wastelands toward the temple of the unknown. She will meet you there. Just take only assault gear and enough food and water to survive for five days.”
The Doctor cleared his throat.

"He is going to gain some, but he is going to lose so much so much. But, that is all I can tell you without creating a paradox.” as he went toward the center console and began to press levers and buttons.

Nightwing smiled and lit another cigarette. He got on the motorcycle and turned on the engine.

"Doctor?”

"Yeah?”

"What year is it?” she hoped onto a chair

The doctor fell silent.

"Doctor, what year is it?” her tone was starting to rise angrily.

He sighed.

"Its 2026” he said with dread

"So, it has been thirteen years after we left.”

"Yes”

"Will I know him before the war?”

"Yes”

"Is he going to die?”

He lifed his head from the console sill facing away from Derpy.

"That is for fate to decide. Like time, fate can be changed. But, I am afraid that this may be a fixed point. But, if there is a god, I hope to them that it is not.” as Nightwing took a puff before fully pulling down his visor just leaving enough room for the cig.

He twisted the thrutle, doing a burn out.

“Let’s ride.” Nightwing said with a grin.

He let go of the brake and left nothing but, the bodies and smoke. The TARDIS disappeared as the base burst into flames. Nightwing jumped over a hill as the flames hit the ammunition room.


Flash held his head as he got up from the fridged snow and burning fire of the crash. He looked around and saw that the other chopper was a burning wreck. He got up and went to the cockpit in front of the chopper.
Flash looked into the cockpit and saw that Rainbowdash was still alive by the fog of her breath but, unconscious. He bucked the window making it shatter. He bit into her collar and pulled her out onto the fridged snow. Then, started to search for things to salvage. Flash looked around; his rifle is nowhere to be found. His pistol is still in its holster. He began to rumage around for a long gun. As he went around the scraps of metal he saw a barrel. He bit into it and pulled it out. It was a shotgun.

"Well, it well has to do.” he shrugged.

He continued to rumage around when he heard the sound of Rainbowdash waking up.

"What the hell happened?” as she rubbed her exposed head.

"The shockwave from the blast knocked our chopper out of the air But, also Applejack’s too.” as he found a box of buckshot.

"Applejack?” she paused trying to remember what happened just seconds before the blast. "Applejack!” as she turned to the burning wreckage of the chopper.
She tried to fly to the wreckage but, fell short as she screamed in pain. As she lay in the snow she rubbed her wing.

"I think it might be broken.”

"I think you may be right.” as he emptyed the shotgun.

8 shells came out along with 25 shells of buckshot in the box.

"Alright, I have 32 shells with me. Eight of them are slugs and twenty-five of them are buckshot. Do you still have your pistol?”

She took it out and racked the slide.

"What do you think?” she chuckled.

"Alright, let’s check on Applejack and twilight.”

They trotted to the burning wreck. Blood and hoof prints were visable.

"Alright” as Flash knelt down. "It looks like both of them survived the crash and that one of them is carrying the other. The hoof prints are deeper then, a normal mare of Applejack’s or Twilight’s size. They are heading south away from the base.”

As flash was about to walk away from the crash. Rainbowdash stopped him.

"Wait, I think I found something.”

"What?” he said with a little impatience.

"I think I have found a radio. And there is somepony telling all troops go to the wastelands to someplace, called the Temple of the Unknown.”

Flash looked toward the direction of Applejack’s movements with concern.

"She is going to there in the southwest and they need Twilight to do something for them. I have a bad feeling about this.” he said he voice filled with worry as he loaded three slugs and five buckshot into the shotgun.

"What for?”

"I don’t know but, we need to find them before they do something to twilight.”
He pumped the shotgun.

“Let’s go.”

They ran as fast they could to reach Applejack and Twilight before it was too late.


"Alright, darling we have to leave right now or the blast will kill us.” Rarity said just as she put the pedal to the metal. The tires sent snow and ice everywhere. Fluttershy followed suit. But, as they were about the reach the gate, a scream came out.

"WAIT!”

Rarity and Fluttershy stopped and looked behind them. Three ponies jumped in and Scream.

“Punch it!”

Everypony looked at the three ponies that jumped in their warthogs. It was Ratchet, Star and Lake.

"NO, wait we have to stay for Rainbowdash and Flash!” Thunderline yelled.

"I’m sorry but, we can’t stay. And I don’t strong enough magic to teleport all of us with all of our gear. I’m sorry. They probably found their own ride.”

"Alright, fine. Ratchet how long do we have?”

She looked at a watch.
"Three minutes.”

As they approached past the hill marking the LZ. Ratchet began to count down.
“Five, four, three, two, one. BRACE FOR IMPACT!”

The sound of the mountain falling into the valley was nerve racking. They all knew that a shockwave was coming. Lake looked back. He saw snow being pushed away very fast.

"Here it comes!” just getting the words out before the shockwave hit the Warthogs.

The Warthogs flipped making everypony in them fly. As they got up from the crash, they looked around.

"Is everypony ok?” Thunderline looked around straining his neck out.

At once everypony began to say
“I’m good, good, I’m ok, fine.” Pinkie said "Okie lokey dokey” just as they checked on everypony three choppers surrounded them and began to yell.

"Surrender you are surrounded. Get on the chopper, now!”

One of the choppers landed with a machinegun aimed at all of them.
The looked at each other and with no choice they trotted on the chopper and hoofed cuffed to each of there seats. Fluttershy looked at Thunderline.

"Are we going to be ok, Thunderline?” Fluttershy said almost on the verge of crying.

"Honestly, Fluttershy I don’t know. I don’t know.” as the door was shut and the chopper was in the air and heading southwest.

"Alright, everypony Operation Ditzy is a go.” Luna said into the radio as she climbed in the co-pilot seat.

The blades of choppers cutting through the air. The heat of the sun beating on everything as they started to fly atop the everfreet fores with Pegasi escort.

“Princess, we are going to the Temple of the Unkown. As everypony knows that this temple is of unknown origin. It has reveled itself a year before the war started, out of the sands of the wastelands. But, there has a lot of chatter from the black manes that a pony named Star Flare needs to find something there. I think he is the one that is behind this, Princess.” Sliver said behind her.

Luna said nothing as she was thinking.

“Luna?”
She shook her head and looked at him.

"What?”

"Are you alright?”

"I’m fine I’m just thinking about that name. I feel like I know that name but, it was from a long time ago about a few years before Nightmare moon took over.”
She closed her eyes as the forest turned into sand.

"No, it can’t be.” she opened her eyes with fear.

"What is it?”

"We have to get there, before the Black manes and the solar empire do. Even after all this fighting I still care for my sister.”

“Princess, ETA 5 minutes to The Temple of the Unknown.” the pilot yelled over the radio.

Luna took out her energy sword and pressed the button. The dark blue blade came out almost hitting the roof of the cab in front of her face. She just stared at it for a moment when one of the choppers suddenly exploded. Rocking the chopper with Luna and Sliver in it.

"What was that!?” Sliver looked down at the burning wreckage falling down to the ground. "We got company!” Sliver and Luna looked down at the ground.

Three hundred jeeps and trucks speeding in the desert, launching AA missiles and guns. Ponies being shot down one by one. One got a direct hit by a missile turning the pony into red mist. Luna looked a away from the horror of war for a moment but, the blast of an AA round exploding next to the chopper snapped her out of it.

"Evasive maneuvers! Break!” the pilot screamed on the radio.

All of the choppers broke formation. Sliver got on the radio.

"All Pegasi escort engage, I repeat all Pegasi escort engage!”

"Who is attacking us!?” Luna yelling at sliver as the side mounted machineguns fired.

Sliver looked through a pair of binoculars. He face said it all. He lowered the glass.

"Solar empire and worst of all, all of the soldiers are Solar rangers.” Sliver said gravely

"Damn. Alright deploy all Pegasi Lunar Craters! Target the missiles and AA Guns!” Luna screamed over the radio.

"ETA 1 minute!”

"GO GO G-” a commander was interpreted as her chopper was shot into a burning ball of flame.

A large number of ponies were flying down to the ground dropping hoof held bombs on the trucks while side mounted machineguns are blasting away at the jeeps. About fifty of the trucks and ten of the jeeps were taken out of action. Luna looked up from the action on the ground to see a large building of marble and columns towering over the desert. She looked over to the northeast. Two columns of sand and dirt. Luna smiled as she used her magic to see who it was .
"Well, it looks like Nightwing and Hunter are joining the party.” she smiled as the chopper began to lower down to the ground. Luna took out a specially made pistol it was fully engraved and on the side it said “For all to those who have fallen in this war, this pistol is made for you and with every shot will be your power in the Lunar republic to lead us to victory.”

"Ok, we are landing in 3 2 1. We have contact!” the pilot said over the radio to the entire fleet of choppers.

Bullets bouncing off the thick armor of the chopper. Luna closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

"Deploy” as she jumped out and began to fire on any enemy pony she saw.

The one hundred fifty choppers landed and eight ponies jumped out of each one. Ponies began to drop like flies as gunfire began to erupt from the temple doors. They were wide open with blast marks across the locks. Just they began to advance as the Solar empire troops came in their jeeps and trucks. They began to fire on the choppers. The screams of ponies could be heard over the gunfire, the sound of gunfire and unicorn magic was all over the place. But, then the sound of symphony appeared making everypony stopped slowly as they heard the sound. Everypony looked at the direction of the music. It was going Daa Da La Da da la da la da da hah hahh ah hah haaaaah. (the song off of Apocalypse Now) Just as the song got closer ponies began to fire again on each other. As the song seemed to end two motorcycles jumped over a sand dun one jumping off his bike sending it flying into the temple. The Pegasi fell to the ground with a trigger in his hoof. As it entered the temple he pressed the button.

"This is for Ditzy!” the pony yelled as the bike exploded blowing a giant hole where the door was and killing everypony inside.

The music stopped. The black Pegasi landed on the ground firing his rifle with no remorse while yelling a battle cry. He began to kill any enemy pony he saw, Solar empire or Black mane.
Luna looked at the pony. His black coat and wings shined in the desert sun though where the wings holes are in the SPARTAN ARMOR. while his deep blue eyes could turn any sun into ice though the visor. One of the two motorcycle ponies got off his bike and began to fire along with Nightwing. It was a brown unicorn, it was Hunter. Luna smiled and busted out laughing.

"THE FUN AS BEEN DOUBLED!” as she smiled and took out both of her energy swords and began to fly.


The tracks began to show red as Flash and Rainbowdash followed them with the base smoking behind. Rainbowdash looked up at flash.

"How far do you think that are?”

Flash looked at the snow and at the distance.

"These tracks have a very light layer of atop of the compacted snow and it has been snowing a little so about fifteen minutes ahead. But, we need to fly even if it hurts because this is Twilight’s blood.” flash said with a tired voice.
Rainbowdash said nothing as she began to flap her wings. But, moaned in pain as she got airborne. Flash got to her altitude and placed his hoof on her shoulder.

"Bear with me, do not fall, do not slow down I know that you are tough. Tougher even more then most of the Solar Rangers. Do not give up on me, just endure and ignore the pain. You got that?”

She looked up and smiled.

"Yes, sir only if that is a command.”

"Then, it is.” he chuckled.

"Now, let’s get our friend back.”

They began to fly as fast as Rainbowdash could which is as almost to flash’s limit. The followed the dots of red all the way to the edge of the mountains. The snow began to turn into patches of grass. They began to slow as they could hear a familiar noise. It was a chopper as just they saw it; machinegun fire ripped the howl of the wind. Sending bullets flying by Flash and Rainbowdash. Flash fired a slug from the shotgun, he pumped the gun as the slug hit the gunner sending him to the ground but, as they were about to reach the chopper that was in midair they, hit something and began to fall to the ground. Flash looked at the chopper as he fell; Star Flare was looking down at them with a wicked smile and his piercing yellow eyes full of victory as who was standing next to him. It was applejack with a little blood dripping out of her helmet. But, he eyes as he went down stared right into the scared and hurt Twilight as she laid next to Applejack. Flash brought up the shotgun and fired a round hoping it was a slug. The slug roared out of the barrel toward the chopper. The giant piece of lead smashing through the force field ripping Star Flare’s ear. He roared as he took off. The blast from the gun made the image of the chopper rolled out of Flash’s view making see that Rainbowdash was unconscious. He looked to the ground they were higher then, he thought. But, it was getting closer with every second. He leaned back to above her both of their manes were blowing upward in the wind. He grabbed her and twisted just as they hit the ground. A chopper began to hover above them and ropes dropped down.

The dirt of the everfreet forest began to hit Nightwing’s visor. His thoughts began to run as he went to The Temple of the Unknown. He has been there when he was younger on an excavation about a month after it appeared and a year before he went to war to fight the Changelings and a month before he fell in love with Ditzy. He walked by shelves that were filled with so many books it could give Twilight a heart attack, possible more than the entire Canterlot archive. He walked inwards passed the shelves and shelves of books he went to a door. He rembered that nopony was able to open it. Even trying explosives not a single dent. He and his team walked around the room trying to find another way in but, the room was circular in shape and the door was the only way in. Nightwing spat out the cigarette and looked at the horizon as he could see the edge of the wastelands. When the tires hit sand he began to skid and slide. He looked to his left and saw a sand dun. He leaned the bike to it and made a jump.

“Computer, desert tires.” as he went into the air.

The tire began to morph to a wider pattern and tire. The moment the tires hit the sand he got more control then, he did in the everfreet forest. He looked down at the radio and CD player. He smiled as he played the music it was from one of his favorite movies Apocalypse Now. he cranked it up to its highest. He laughed as the song played but, he stopped laughing as he heard another vehicle come towards him. He armed the on board machinegun and got ready for the attack. Then, a voice came on the radio.

"Hey, Nightwing happy to see me?” as Hunter jumped over him and rode next to him.

Nightwing looked at him as he did a wheelie as the song ended.

"You were always a show off but, this is how you do it.”

Nightwing pressed on his brake and started to do a front wheelie. Hunter chuckled.

"It’s good seeing you, Ghost rider.”

"Ha, you know that is my favorite comic. But, let’s get to business. Do you have any extra ammo? I’m kinda of out.”

He chuckled.

"Just like you, the first moment you see me you ask for supplies. But, I counted for this.”

He leviated a bag of ammo into the Armor’s saddle bag.

"How is Ditzy?”

Hunter said nothing.

"She’s dead.”

He nodded.
Nightwing fell silent.

"That should do and now play that music you were playing might as well. If we die lets go into battle in style.” Hunter trying to bring up his spirit.

Nightwing looked at horzine and saw entire fleet of choppers. He could here the explosions of gunfire and missiles. He smiled and pressed PLAY on the radio the beginning to play. Nightwing looked at Hunter as they approached the temple.

"You ready?”

“ready.”

“let’s do this.”

They jumped over a dun in front of the temple above the ground of hot lead, fire and explosions. Nightwing jumped off of his bike with the song still going the bike landed and began to slide into the door. While falling to the ground he pressed the trigger of the bike.

"This is for Ditzy!” as the explosion from the bike created a hole that took half of the giant marble doors with it, killing everypony that was in that room.

As he fell he began to fire on the entire enemy. He landed as Hunter got off of his bike and began to fire along side Nightwing.

"THE FUN HAS BEEN DOUBLED!” Luna screamed and became airborne.
She started to cut down pony after pony after pony.

Nightwing reloaded his rifle and began to gallop into the temple. Hunter ran after him dodging bullets. He jumped in the air and fired onto five Solar ponies dropping them onto the sand of the wastelands. He landed on the marble steps of the temple and ran after Nightwing. He stopped when he saw all of the shelves of books on the temple.
Luna looked up to see Hunter and Nightwing running into the temple. She looked at sliver firing his magic.

“Capt. Sliver I am going into the temple.”

"No, you don’t. I barely able to handle you fighting but, going into the temple that is probably filled with black mane and you are not here are you?”

He turned around seeing that Luna has teleported to the temple.

"Here we go.”

His horn began to glow a yellowish color and he teleported right outside the door. He came in to see that Nightwing, Hunter, Luna and he were all inside safely with noponyelse to fight. Nightwing looked at him.

"It’s good to see you Capt. Sliver. But, Luna what do you think of those markings on the door.” Nightwing pointed his hoof at the door that nopony has been able to enter. It had a star in the middle with five other crystals circling around it.
"I don’t know. I think it is talking about the Elements of harmony but, I have no idea what is above them.”

She pointed her hoof at a symbol above the Elements, it was a cross of two swords and what seemed to be half of a crown above the swords.

"I don’t remember that last time I was here.” Nightwing said as he looked at the symbol.

"What is that?” Hunter looked at straining his eyes.

"That my friend is a crown that is locked inside that has been in there for many years.” said a voice that made everypony jump and aim there weapons in its direction.

Star Flare came out from behind a shelf. They were all shocked at what they were seeing.

"What and who are you?” Luna said keeping her magic ready just in case he decided to make a move.

"I used to be a pony that all of you knew very well and my name was Whitesnow. But, now it‘s Star Flare.”

"Whitesnow?” Hunter and Nightwing said at the same time and looked at each other. They were speechless but, they were thinking it.

"What the hell happened?”

Star Flare began to pace a little around them. They all kept theirs eyes on him.
"I used to be like you Nightwing when you started the Black Manes after the death of your mother after you deployment during the Changeling War.” he said with a wicked grin.

"DON"T YOU DARE TALK ABOUT MY MOTHER, YOU BASTARD!”
He stomped his hoof on the ground so hard it cracked the marble flooring. Everypony looked at him with shock.

"Wait, so you are telling me that Nightwing started to Black Manes?” Capt. Sliver said as he looked at Star flare.

"That’s right and I am the one that helped.” said a voice fimliar voice that Nightwing knew all too well making everypony jump once more.

“come on! How many ponies are in here!?!” Hunter said sounding a little like Sweetie bell.

Nightwing closed his eyes and sighed.

“come out here, Blackjack I know it’s you.” Nightwing said with a bit of anger in his voice.

He glared at him as Blackjack step out of the shadows.
"What are you doing here Blackjack?”
"Well, you know the data I was supposed to collect before you destroyed it all?”

"Yeah?” Nightwing raised an eyebrow. "What are you getting at?”

"Well, just before I could download the data I need, when you destroyed the source.”

"Just get on with it.” Hunter sounding annoyed.

"Well, I need to download personal files before I could download what I need. As you destory the data and the only file that I was able to take was your’s.”
Nightwing fell silent and said nothing but, his wide eyes said it all.

"What is going on?” Hunter had his rifle pointed at Star flare.

“All personal files meaning all personal history and that mean all history before the war too.” Luna explained.

"Yes, and Nightwing here has an interesting history.” Star Flare spoke somewhat in a snake voice with the hint of his old pony voice.

"You shut the fuck up. I don’t need an over grown snake to tell ponies my past.”

"But, I think your so called friends might want to hear this.”

"What is going on, Nightwing?” Luna trotted to his side.

"Do you think I should tell them or you?” Blackjack said with a smirk.

Nightwing stood with his head down silent.

"I didn’t think so. But, here we go. After the Changeling war when he made the Black manes, he was a bounty hunter and so was I. How else do you think he is so good in CQB, if he was supposed to be a sniper? But, that is just fact. This is the kicker.” Blackjack chuckled. "He was meant to assonate you Luna, when the war began seven years ago. He was supposed to kill all of the command so the Solar empire would end the war quick but, something happened. It says that you decided to join sniper school. You reported to Celestia that you joined the Sniper school so you could kill Luna and make a clean get aw-” He was interrupted by a punch from Hunter.

"That is the last I want hear from you or I will stomp out you guts and feed them to the buzzards!”
Hunter was breathing heavly with anger. The remarks made Blackjack silent and shake in fear. Hunter raised his pistol to Star Flare.

"Ok, I had enough of these weapons.” Star Flare whisled and ten ponies dropped down from the ceiling, surrounding them.

“Put down your weapons and you’ll live for now.” said one of the black suited ponies in a robotic voice.

Everypony in Nightwing’s team aimed their weapons at them.

"Everypony put down your guns.” Nightwing said as he laid his rifle and pistol on the ground.

He shed a tear has the guards took the pistol Derpy gave to him, igniting rage in him.

"You may have take my weapons, you may have defeated my here but, you are not going to take my fighting spirit!” Nightwing yelled as he tried to jump on the guard but, was punched in the visor and knocking off his helmet.

"I think I can take care of that in a little bit when I open the door.” Star Flare chuckled like he was a king.

Nightwing shook his head and took a deep breath. Nightwing perked his ears as he heard something. Hunter and Capt. Sliver helped him up.

“listen” as Nightwing got to his hoofs.

“listen to what I don’t hear anything.” Capt. Sliver said in his ear.

"Exactly”

"What are you taaakkinnngggg about?” Hunter slowed his speech as he realized what it was.

"What is it?” Sliver said almost yelling it.

“remember, there is full on firefight outside right now, but, no noise.” Nightwing said rubbing his head.

Hunter and Sliver looked at each other in shock.

"He’s right. You can’t hear anything from outside can you?” Star Flare stood in front of everypony with a wicked smile.

Everypony nodded their heads.

"Do you remember Nightwing when you just called me an over grown snake?” Star Flare staring into Nightwing’s eyes.

"Yes.”

"Never make funny of me when I have artillary.” he said almost yelling it flaring his nostrils.

"So, when you fortified this place you placed artillary about a mile and half away and when you made sure all four of us were in here, you fired on all of the ponies outside killing them all. Something tells me that you’re going to tell Celestia that it was Lunar Republic Artillary that wiped out her forces.” Nightwing said with an emotionless face.

Blackjack looked at Star Flare.

"But, you said that you were with the Solar empire!?”

"I was Blackjack but, now I‘m not so I don‘t need you anymore, goodbye.” as Star Flare shot a beam of magic into Blackjack.

Blackjack looked down where the magic hit. Blood started to drip slowly but, starting to pick up speed and turned into a gushing river. He fell to the ground into a pool of his own blood.
Star flare chuckled as he turned back to Nightwing.

"Now, Nightwing You’re good. Very good. But, there is one thing you are still wondering about.”

He teleported right beside Nightwing in a green flash.

"You are wondering what the Elements of Harmony have to do with this place?” he said with a hiss.

Nightwing frozen in place his eyes filled with fear.

"All they have to do is open the door and unlock what is inside.” he said as he faced the door. He walked to up the sandy marble door.

"What’s inside on the other side of that door?” Luna said with a little annoyance.

“like I said it’s a crown that something inside me has been looking for and that is all you need to know besides that the Elements are the only things that can open the door.” he said with pleasure as he moved his scaly hoof on the door making a line in the dust and sand.

"And how are you going to do that? The elements got to be in the castle in Canterlot.” Luna said sounding like she has won the day.
Star Flare turned around from the door with a smile.

"I’m glad you asked Luna because they are here.”

He turned and whistled. A red pony carrying all six of the Elements of Harmony in her red aurora but, her face was hidden by a mask that took the image of a dragon.
Everypony in Nightwing’s team stared at them in shock and horror.

"How did you get them from my sister?” Luna just barly able to mutter the words.

A dark laugh filled the room.

"I told Celestia that I needed them to open the door, but only if I could rescue Twilight.”

The clops of hoofs filled the room.

"Ah, speaking of which.”

At the same time they gasped as they saw who was making the noise. Their eyes glued to the purple coat of Twilight, scratched, bruised, broken and defeated. Her mane was in a mess, a ring was around her horn, some patches of her coat were stained with blood, some dry, other fresh.

"That’s one, now Applejack brings in the rest. And just to be kind, take off your helmet.” Star Flare spoke to a pony behind one of the shelves.

"Yes, sir.” as Applejack came from behind the shelf and walked past the others.

They were all shocked, not by the fact that she was on Flare’s side but, that her beautiful emerald eyes are now, as red as blood and as dark and cold as the darkest night that Luna herself is afraid. She walked by without a single glance to the ponies that have guns to their heads.

"Bring them in!” she said with worn out voice that has lost its country feel. Now it feels cold and heartless.

She walked back into the temple with nine other ponies behind her. They were lead in chains the unicorns with rings on their horns, Pegasi their wings bound with iron chains and Pinkie pie had her mouth chained with chains that offer no help she still talks. Nightwing, Sliver, Luna and Hunter horrorified from the sight as they past them with their chains clinking as they walked.

"Stop you four.” Applejack stopped four ponies all seemed to be battle worn.

One was Flash that everypony knew since he was the personal guard of Twilight, one again everypony knew from Ponyville was Thunderling, and three others that Nightwing didn’t know. Flash fell to the ground as he reached the interior of the circle of guards. Hunter helped him up as Pinkie, Rarity, Rainbowdash and Fluttershy walked in their chains to the doors. As Flash got to his hoofs he whispered to Hunter.

"Aim for his horn.” he barely muttered before he passed out into a lump on the floor. Hunter looked up just to see that the mane six had their elements on. A guard put a rifle to twilight’s head.

"Do it.” was all he said.

Suddenly a blinding light appeared from the mane six and a rainbow hit the door in the center of the star of Twilight’s element. A thin line of light went from the top to the bottom of the door. Star Flare started to laugh a dark bellow as the doors opened.
The doors opened to reveal a swirling vortex with half of a crown suspended in the air. The crown was a sliver band but, had a bloody red ruby for the jewel.

"All evil beings that enter the vortex shall be destroyed but, if any good enters an explosion of light shall destroy this place and all what is in it.” Flare said out loud as the doors opened fully. "This is was a tale I was told when I was just a little colt.” he went silent for second.

"Aim for his horn.” Flash said with blood dripping from his mouth like a stream.

Hunter closed his eyes and took a deep breath. But, as he was about to fire a shot of magic into the evil of Star flare, his horn was touch gently by Luna making him stop.

"Not now. Wait until he is close enough.” she mouthed just as he turned and stared into Nightwing’s eyes.

"Now, Nightwing you say you have a fighting spirit. Let’s change that.” Flare turned with a smile.
“Cut off his wings.” he said coldly as he levitated one of Luna’s energy swords. "Hold him.”

Three of the guards tackled him and pinned him to the ground. Nightwing bucked and kicked as he heard the hoof steps of Flare as he approached with the blazing energy sword. The rest of the guards pushed the others to one of the aisles while they were trying to stop what was about to happen.
"Stop! Don’t do it!” everypony were screaming as Flare got to nightwing.

"It is time to say good bye to say goodbye to your wings.”

Nightwing stared at the blade, his eyes filled with fear as he tried to struggle free as the blade came down. He screamed as much as his lungs would let him. His wing laid on the floor next to him as Flare brought his sword up again.

"THAT IS ENOUGH!” Hunter screamed as a beem of magic hit Flare in the horn.

He stumbled back from the blast making him dropping the sword in between Nightwing’s legs. As Flare recovered the half of guards started to shake their heads.

"Where the hell am I?” Applejack said dropping her rifle and shaking her head.
She looked around and began to move her friends to Luna and them. Twilight looked up to see that her friend’s eyes have turned green. She began to cry, tears of joy that her friend is back. Most of the guards started running when they saw Flare.

"Shoot the guards that are running.” Star Flare said as he rubbed his horn.
The guards began to mow down all of the freed ponies. Luna looked away from the massacure.

"I SAID ENOUGH!” Hunter rushed and tackled Flare with the rage of dragon and bull mixed together.

Nightwing shook his head and got up just barly managing to stay on his hoofs. He looked up to see that Hunter was pushing Flare to the vortex.

"No!” Nightwing screamed with all his might as tears started to roll down his friend went through the door. Nightwing got up and ran to the door, just as Hunter was about to reach the vortex he closed his eyes. He thought "I’m master of my fate; I’m the captain of my soul.”

He opend his eyes with a purpose to see Flare with a smile. He pressed a button on his suit sending a massage.

"I’M THE CAPTAIN OF MY SOUL!” Hunter screamed as he did on final push into the vortex.

"NOOOOOOOOO” Flare screamed as he went in.

When they went into the vortex a blinding white light engulfed the entire building.

As Nightwing woke up his vision was blurred by the sun as he got to his hoofs he felt sand and rock. He looked around and saw that he was on a dun. His hoof touched something hard and metal. He looked down and saw that it was Derpy’s pistol. He smiled and he put it in a holster. He looked up at the dun and sighed. When he got to the top he looked down to see that the temple was gone with nothing but, a crater the size of a soccer field. A single tear rolled down his cheek as realized, his best friend was gone.
"Don’t worry Nightwing he is in a better place.”

Nightwing jumped at the voice and turned to see Luna with everypony that was captured was behind her unconscious.

"I just managed to save a few of us including you, Nightwing and the Elements of Harmony.”

Nightwing stared at the craters made by Flare’s artillery. His eyes went wide when he remembered something. Headshot’s recorder. He took it out and pressed PLAY.
The tape began to spin.

"Hey, Nightwing if you are listening to this, then I am dead. Plane and simple. But, this was what I want to tell you. "Out of the night that covers me. Black as the pit from pole to pole, I thank whatever Gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In the fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried under the bludgeoning of chances my head is bloody, but not bowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of shade and yet the menace of the years finds and shall find me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate. How charged with punishments the scroll. I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul.” that is a saying I was taught as a colt but, remember just keep running your race, I’ve finished my mine. But, just remember to tell you enemies never mess with "A Sniper‘s heart when he has rifle.”

Luna came up and stood along side Nightwing as the sun set. Nightwing looked down and saw Hunter’s bike. He sighed and slid down the dun. He stood up the tipped over bike. He looked at the raising moon in the distant sky. He took a deep breath and got on the bike. He reved the engine and turned on the radio. It started to play I won’t back down by Johnny cash. He put a cigarette in his mouth; he took out a match and lit the cig. He let go of the break and he went off.
Luna looked at trail of dust and sand as he rode off.

"Even you when you are in the worst pain a Pegasus could image, you are feeling a far greater pain from the loss of little family you have. But, you have more family then you realize” Luna said as Nightwing began to cry a silent cry. Tears streaming off his cheeks mixing in with the blood and sand of the wastelands.

"You will be needed again Nightwing and if you like it or not. You will be needed when the time comes, if you don‘t find it then, it will find you. ” Luna said as she placed a letter on Twilight. It said "It is thanks to Nightwing and Hunter that most of the black manes have been destroyed like the old saying goes the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Let’s hope that someday we can do peace.” Luna looked at dust trail that Nightwing was making and she nodded as she teleported everypony home and sighed.

“Rest in Peace Hunter and may Mother and Father let you into paradise.”

From the sand of the old temple a pair yellow eyes came to life with a wicked grin.
(Play "I will not bow down” by Johnny cash and if you don’t like country. Play "War of change.”)




The end.

Sequel: A Night’s return and his Flare.