• Published 11th Dec 2013
  • 282 Views, 3 Comments

The Beginnings - kalikitty52



After Dacno and Psychro's parents die in a house fire their sent to an orphanage in Ponyville. What will happen while they're there, will they get adopted or will they just leave.

  • ...
 3
 282

Dacno part 1

Dacno

Psychro jumped on me and I pushed her off of me, she giggled and so did I as I started chasing her around the yard. Momma was laying on the porch swing, smiling as she watched us play. She was knitting us are winter scarves and hats. Something she always did when it neared fall. Me and sis tumbled and laid in the grass. I closed my eyes and smiled, but then I opened them. The sky had gone dark, I jolted up and looked around. It was just me, I was alone, inclosed in a circle of dense forest. I spun around saw my house. I started to trot toward it, but skidded to a stop as it combusted into flames. I could hear my mom and Psychro screaming from inside the burning building. “Help someone! Please help me! My mom and sister...there...trapped.” My words suddenly stopped as I spotted glowing orange eyes just outside the forest. It looked like a zebra, but there was someone else. “Dad?” I whispered as I squinted my eyes against the dark. I started to walk in there direction, then it turned into a sprint, then a trot. As I got closer and faster it became more clear who the ponies were. My dad and aunt syndi, “dad!” I yelled, or I thought I did, I mean I heard my voice but my mouth didn't move. In fact I wasn’t moving, I was just standing there, frozen. But I could hear and see what my dad and aunt were doing and saying.

“The dead is done, my sweet,” my dad said as he looked at her.

“I can see,” she smiled and nuzzled his neck, “Now we can live in peace with no bratty kids and that annoyance of a wife you had.” She looked up at my dad and they kissed.

“I have never been happier in my life,” my dad said as they both turned and disappeared into the deep dark everfree forest.

I jolted awake, sitting up and putting my face in my hooves. The blankets were on the floor and Psychro, along with a foal we were both friends with, were at my bedside.

Psychro climbed into bed with me and hugged me, “Another nightmare?” She said, I nodded my head and looked up at her.

“This time dad and Syndicat were in it, you and mom were trapped in the burning house and they were in the woods. Dad set the house on fire to be with her.” My voice cracked and I started crying again.

Psychro rubbed my back and said, “You know he would never do that, he loved both of us and mom.”

I hate how calm she is, its been a year since this happened. But she was calm about this a week after it happened. We had no other family, they assumed that our dad died in the house as well, and our so called “aunt” had left days before the incident. I knew otherwise though and these dreams have been recurring ever since we got put in this orphanage. I looked at Psychro, then at Zuhan, “I’m sorry I woke you, both of you. Did Mrs come in here at all?” I said worried that someone had told her that I was having these dreams again. Psychro reassured me by shaking her head no. I sighed in relief and then whispered in her ear, “Can you sleep with me tonight?” She smiled and shook her head yes, which was a surprise since she doesn’t like breaking the rules. Zuhan went back to his bed and fell asleep. Me and Psychro fell asleep together like we used to do when we first got here.