• Published 11th Dec 2013
  • 282 Views, 3 Comments

The Beginnings - kalikitty52



After Dacno and Psychro's parents die in a house fire their sent to an orphanage in Ponyville. What will happen while they're there, will they get adopted or will they just leave.

  • ...
 3
 282

Intro

Their house was in flames, Dacno and her little sister, Psychro, ran down the hall to their parents room. Their mom dashed out of the room as fiery beams fell from the ceiling. She wasn't fast enough though, and she let out an agonizing scream as one fell and landed on top of her. She tried to get up but it was no use. Psychro enveloped the beam in a light blue glow. Her horn shining brightly with magical sparks flying off of it as she struggled to lift the beam off of her mom. All it did was sizzle and put the fire out for a moment, while lifting it an inch. As the fire died a little Dacno tried to physically lift it off, ignoring the fact that it was still hot enough to burn her. Psychro’s magic finally gave and she passed out, dropping the beam back on her mom. It caught fire again and Dacno yelped as she dropped it. Her hooves were seared but she still ran over to her sister to check on her. Dacno noticed a familiar dark purple glow and realized that her mom was struggling to use her magic. But she wasn't trying to lift the beam. It grew brighter and then it was gone. Well that's what Dacno thought. She looked ahead of her and saw their house, enveloped in flames.

“She teleported us out?” Psychro said teary eyed, watching her childhood home crumble. Dacno stood up and started trotting toward the house with tear filled eyes. She was stopped by Psychro grabbing her tail with her magic and accidentally freezing it. “What do you think you’re doing? You can’t save her,” Psychro said hanging her head and letting go of Dacno. Dacno spun around to say something harsh to her sister, but instead she walked over to her, dragging her partially frozen tail behind her.

She sat next to Psychro and wrapped her wing around her, “I’m sorry, I just don’t know why she didn't escape herself...” Dacno started crying and so did Psychro. They sat there doing just that for about 10 minutes before ponies showed up with a hose leading to the nearest pond. They doused the flames, but that was just to prevent it from spreading to the Everfree forest sense by then their house was just a burning pile of wood and memories.