• Published 25th Nov 2013
  • 4,352 Views, 2 Comments

Dear Princess Twilight - Petchricor



Twilight has found a group of very odd friends and one in particular catches her eye. She sees that they all have a lot to learn and decides that she herself shall oversee their journey

  • ...
 2
 4,352

Prolog - An Introductory

How this all started is hard to say, it just sorta happened one day. With a bright flash and a loud sound there they were, standing in the Everfree forest face to face with a group of colorful ponies and quickly figured out they were the same as they. They weren't sure how this happened or how they got here but there they were and they couldn't go back. It had taken awhile but thanks to the helpful ponies on the farm and their friends they learned how to use their new bodies; how to fly and use magic as well as simply stand and walk. In return for the kindness the ponies had shown them they helped with whatever they could and all was calm and quiet, but the peace was not meant to last as a beast from their own world came to claim the lives of the innocent.

Guards came to fight for them but no matter how hard they fought or how much energy they gave it was not enough. Soon one of the Princesses themselves, Princess Twlight, came to their aid. She gathered her friends and they attempted to calm the beast, but he would not listen to their pleas. He would simply growl at their requests and attack with more force and anger that they have never seen anypony give before. After hours and hours of anger and destruction the six friends decided one last try to calm him before they took the beast down, locking him away forever. And that is what brings us to current times.

"Stand down!" the Princess shouted, stomping her hoof as she and her friends gave the beast a narrow gaze. He turned to them and snarled, teeth barred and mane laying wildly about his face, his blue eyes shimmering with fury. "Please, you don't have to do this, let us help you! Stop this, and we'll forgive you." He snarled and stalked towards them, head down threateningly. He growled oddly and raised his head as he glared.

"I know you," came a voice from behind him. The six friends stared as the grey and yellow pony stepped into sight, blonde mane laying messily over his shoulders from all the fighting and blood covering his coat. He stopped and looked at the beast, who growled as he turned halfway to see him. "Maine, please." The beast's ears perked up at this, blinking once in surprise. "I know what happened and I am sorry. I can't change what happened back during the Project and I can never undo the damage that Sigma has done to you, but I know that nothing you did was under your control. And I forgive you."

"Washington, you know this pony?" Twilight asked, baffled. Wash nodded and Maine, as it seemed his name was, stepped forward with head hung, growling softly. Wash smiled warmly and used his hoof to tuck some of the messy hair behind his tall, pony ear.

"It's ok Maine, like I said before, you couldn't control it. And I forgive you, ok? So don't sweat it," Wash told him. Maine looked up. "So, you wanna join my team?" A few heads poked out form hiding places, listening. Maine eyed them all a moment before raising his head and giving a firm nod. Wash smiled and went to respond, but was beaten to it by the happy, dark blue pony.

"YAY!" he shouted, running over to stand right beside Maine. "Tucker! Tucker, come see! We have a new member of blue team!" Twilight and her friends laughed at the boy's enthusiasm. The teal-aqua?-pony trotted over with a welcoming grin, Maine looking at them both with a look of pure shock.

"Aw, yeah! We've got the big guy! What now, Reds?! We've got two Freelancers now!" Tucker stuck his tongue out at the other fire colored ponies who stood off in the distance, glaring at him. Wash laughed in good humor.
"I've told you guys, there is no red and blue anymore," he told them. Tucker snickered and waved him off.

"I know, I know. I'm just teasing them!" Tucker told him. He patted Maine's shoulder. "Welcome board big guy! Glad to have you along!" The other ponies trotted over, the pink one skipping with an even pace behind them beside the purple one.

"Hey, no hard feelings about the cliff thing, right?" the maroon one asked with a nervous smile. Maine shook his head. "Phew, good! I was worried there for a second! And, of course, I hold nothing against you for, ya know, nearly killing Grif." The orange pony glared at the maroon one a bit.

"Gee, thanks Simmons. I thought you actually cared," he said sarcastically. Simmons glared right back at him and the red one gave a laugh.

"To bad he didn't kill 'em! The Blues coulda used the advantage!" he said in a cheery tone. Grif rolled his eyes and Simmons just nodded in agreement. The conversation continued on in a semi-argument about the colors they all held, Maine looking completely lost while Wash just shook his head with a smile.

"Excuse me, Agent Washington," Twilight said in a soft, royal voice that silenced them all instantly as they looked over. "May I speak with you a moment in private?" Wash nodded in a respectful manner as she turned her back to them.
"Of course, Your Highness," he said in a calm tone as he followed her away from the two groups of friends that both resumed talking as they left. They didn't walk to long of a ways, just to the edge of a small pond barely outside of town. The Princess sat down and nodded for him to join her, which he did. "What did you wish to discuss, Your Highness?" She chuckled.

"Please, call me Twilight," she told him. He nodded and she turned to face the pond. "A long time ago was the first time I came to Ponyville, I didn't have many friends back then but, as you can see, that's changed. I've seen you and your team, as you call them, and how you all interact. I see a beautiful friendship blooming between you all and would love to see how it progresses. So, I request that you write me letters about what you learn on friendship." Wash blinked and turned to her slowly.

"Your Hi-I mean, Twilight, I don't quite understand what you mean. Write letters telling you what I learn about friendship?" Wash stated in a puzzled manner, eyebrows furrowed deeply in confusion. Twilight nodded and turned to face him.
"Exactly. Don't worry about when you send them, but whenever you learn something about friendship write to me about it. I did the same to my mentor, Princess Celestia. You don't have to tell me secrets about you or your team, but simply what you learn about the friendship between you all. And your friends are more than welcome to send me letters about what they themselves learn on friendship," Twilight told him. "Think you can do that for me?" Wash nodded slowly. "Great! I greatly await for your first lesson, Agent Washington. Until then, I must return to Canterlot." Wash watched as the Princess trotted off to head back to the castle.

"Of course, Your Highness," he murmured as he turned to head back to his team, trotting a bit faster in fear that they had angered Maine or simply started fighting again. He didn't trot to fast though, so he could think on what the Princess had asked of him. It had to be some kind of sick joke, right? She couldn't seriously want to know what he learned about some silly friendship, did she? Then again he was a unicorn right now in some weird, magical world where two Princesses rose the sun and moon, so it wasn't impossible. He shrugged it off and decided to think on it later as he trotted quickly to catch up to the loud arguing of his teammates.

"Of course, Your Highness," he murmured as he turned to head back to his team, trotting a bit faster in fear that they had angered Maine or simply started fighting again. He didn't trot to fast though, so he could think on what the Princess had asked of him. It had to be some kind of sick joke, right? She couldn't seriously want to know what he learned about some silly friendship, did she? Then again he was a unicorn right now in some weird, magical world where two Princesses rose the sun and moon, so it wasn't impossible. He shrugged it off and decided to think on it later as he trotted quickly to catch up to the loud yelling and shouting of his teammates.

Author's Note:

And that's the introduction to this little series. If you have any lessons or scenarios you want to see them in, let me know and I'll do what I can to use it.