• Published 9th Mar 2012
  • 678 Views, 8 Comments

The Legend of John Redheart - JohnRedheart

  • ...
5
 8
 678

Part 1: The beginning

It wasn’t always like this, I mean one second your taking people to the hospital then you find yourself going there. I’m a lonely earth pony that used to work as an EMT for the Equestrian Mental Institution (EMI) Named “John” and unlike other pony’s I haven’t a cutie mark other than that I look pretty normal blue mane and tail, white, and pink eyes. My foster parents had me homeschooled so I was a bit socially impaired. I am much like my new fiancé, Fluttershy, but I’ll get to that later. I grew up in Canterlot however; I was born in Pony-ville. My real parents had me by accident, they were very poor from taxation from our monarch in which I know call my friend they could not afford me, and my real sister was enough as it is. This does not make them bad parents, just more responsible. I always knew I was somehow different from my foster parents, I mean my mother is a unicorn who used to be a gold digger and my father is a Pegasus of importance. He’s a major land lord and is pretty much set for life. Last but not least my foster sister Fleur de Lis. She picked up ware my foster mother had left off; I always see her literally hanging around Sir, Fancy pants as if he is some kind of lounge chair but, I’ve met Fancy pants before. He’s only nice because he has everything he desires at his hoofs, but enough about him, and my past, let’s skip to the present.
“John!”
“John get your ass up were taking off… Wake up!!!”Derick said well he franticly put on his chef hat.
Oh ya forgot to mention my purple Pegasus friend Derick. He has a four-leaf clover for a cutie mark and green eyes. His occupation is the head chef of the canterlot baked good’s bakery and a damn good chef too. He’s got a Scottish accent and quite the way with the mares.
“Good Celestia! We need to get going or were gunna miss the damn train again! Get up!”
I moan as I get up from my bed, scratching my quarter.
“What time is it?” I ask.
“IT’S TIME FOR YOU TO GET YOUR SHEIAT TOGETHER YOU LAZY ASS!!!”
“Oh what the hay its 6:35?!? We only have five minutes!”
I desperately put on my E.M.T. vest and comb my hair as quick as I can, then head out of our town house. We lived in the lower part of canterlot but our jobs were almost right next to the castle. We gallop to the station and get there just as it took off. Panting heavily, we had the most flushed/tiring look on our faces. They didn’t last long though. Mine turned to a depressed yet, scared-as-hell type of look because I knew I was fucked when I got to the hospital, my boss would chew me out for sure. As for Derick; he was madder than a mother fucker, saying stuff that was half gibberish and half Equinish.
So we trotted there, and then went separate ways just like we always do. I get to the hospital; clock in very stealthy like. (Hoping that no one saw me). As I approach the ambulance, I was frightened by my boss. The angry pink earth pony approached me.
“This is the last fucking straw John! We had to send a labor and delivery nurse because the first response Pegasus team was short a stallion already!” she roared.
Before I could say anything she interrupted me.
“You know what John? You’re done: you are an embarrassment to this hospital you make the patients embarrassed that they even have to look at you, and you have no cutie mark so you obviously don’t belong here.”
We both shed a tear and she continues on.
“Look John, I love you and that’s why instead of firing you, I’m gunna give you a letter of recommendation and an immediate transfer to the Pony-ville hospital. So clean off your desk your rides waiting for you out in front.”
She puts her head down trying to hide her tears; aside from Derick she has been my friend since I first worked here. She found it odd, yet interesting that when I first came to work here I didn’t have a cutie mark. Ever since she’s tried to help me find my cutie mark but, failed.
I try to reply with “I’m so sorry” but again she cuts me off.
“John just go, I never want to see you again.”
“But...”
“Fucking Celestia John! Just leave p-please.”
All the ponies in the ER gasp and a mother covers her colt’s ears with her hoofs.
By now everyone was listening in. They stared at me, noticing my bare thigh. Over the years I have learned to channel people out when they stare, but not this time, this was different.
She whispers loudly while sniffling a bit “ju-jus-just go” she loses her breath and collapses.
I approach her but, was stopped by a doctor.
“Go on John you’ve done enough today.”
He says while shooing me out of the hospital before I can grab my stuff.
I slowly climb into the taxi carriage and take one last look at the hospital. Then, at the brown taxi driver I nod my head indicating that I’m ready to go.
On our way he tries to make small talk but I ignore until he mentioned my bare thighs.
“Look stallion, I know you’re just trying to be nice so you can get a tip, but it’s bad enough that I myself have to pay fare after almost getting fired today. (Sigh) just…please.”
The taxi driver just looks at me and shakes his head left to right.
“No you don’t, she already paid for the fare and the tip…so who is she anyways yer ex or somthin?”
“FUCK REALY???” I reply.
“All right all right, this seems to be the highlight of my day just trying to get the full story, sorry to bother.”
The carriage came to a stop with the most awful sound coming from the wheels; it was like a butter knife to a chalkboard. (go on try this it sounds way worse than nails) Every pony within the area fell to the ground with shriek in response to the sudden sound.
“Well boss we be here, oh and Johnny boy…good luck and Celestia’s speed.” I step out of the taxi carriage and approach my new hospital.

End of part 1