• Published 14th Apr 2012
  • 1,012 Views, 5 Comments

Aria's Story - Ariathina



A Warhero of Azeroth is flung into Equestria. Her memory is gone and she is alone in this new world.

  • ...
2
 5
 1,012

Chapter 1: A New Beginning

Chapter 1: A New Beginning

Pain wracked every corner of her body. Her left wing and leg particularly. She tried to fly but was only struck with sharper pain. Her leg was definitely broken and her wing was definitely shot too. To make it worse, she was falling, fast. Numbness from the pain began to take over.

“What happened?”, She thought to herself.

The last thing she saw before losing consciousness was a cyan multicolored blur.

* * * * * *

It was about noon. Rainbow Dash had just finished practicing her new Triple Rainbow Double Flip (patent pending) trick for The Wonderbolts and had found a cloud to take a quick nap on. She was suppose to be prepping the sky for the weather team to move in a storm later today.

“I’ll do it later. Everypony knows I can clear this sky in 10 seconds flat. I wouldn’t leave em’ hangin’!”, She boasted to herself. As she began to lay down she caught a quick glimpse of something she couldn't believe. A golden coat pegasus with a purple gradient mane was falling out of the sky! She looked pretty badly injured too.

“HANG ON! Im’ma comin’!, Rainbow shouted as she charged off the cloud to save the injured mare. With her impeccable speed she caught the injured pegasus well before she came close to the ground.

Rainbow rushed the injured pegasus right to the hospital. She knew the staff there pretty well due to her own regular visits from practicing her own stunts.

“Doc! Got a real problem over here!” she yelled as she entered the main doors of the hospital in the the quaint waiting room. The Doctor entered from a set of double doors that led back into the wards of the building.

“Rainbow Dash? What’s wrong?”, responded Doctor Readout, “What did you break this time?”. He was a rather young doctor. Probably in his later 20’s. He had a light brown coat, with a black puffed mane. He always wore his white lab-coat with his stethoscope and those odd circular metal headpieces doctors seem to wear but never use. His cutie mark was a pulse readout screen, Hence where he got the name “Readout”.

“Not me doc, her!”, She responded, visibly upset with both the doctors taunting and the condition of this mysterious pony.

“By Celestia’s Mane! Quickly, Nurse, get her into the ER!”, The Doctor barked. “Don’t worry Rainbow, your friend will be fine now.”

* * * * * *

Several hours had passed. Rainbow had left briefly to finish her weather team duties but had returned to the hospital and had been by this strange mare’s side ever since. She hadn’t woken up yet. The doctor said it was a miracle she was alive considering her condition. Broken wing, fractured leg, 3 broken ribs, countless cuts and bruises. The amount of scare tissue astounded him. Whoever this was, she had been through quite the ordeal and it hadn't been the first time. There was something about this pony though. Something that made Rainbow feel that she needed to be here for her. As if there was some important reason she was here.

“Looks like I might be here a while.”, Rainbow said quietly to herself. “I hope you don’t mind that I read out-loud.”, She pulled a Daring-Do book from her saddle bag. “Daring-Do and the Temple of Terror...”.

A faint smile crept onto the sleeping pony’s face that went unnoticed to Rainbow as she began reading the story...

* * * * * *

It was morning now. She lay sprawled on the floor using her book as a pillow.

“Rainbow Dash? Rainnnboww Daaassh! Get up it’s morning!”, Doctor Readout called to the sleeping mare.

Half asleep and still gathering herself, Rainbow’s face sobered up as she remembered what had happened the day before. She turned with relief to see the strange mare awake and enjoying a glass of juice. The book she started the night before lay open on the bed beside the mare.

“See, I told you there was no need for worry. Now I’ll leave you two alone for a while. I have some papers I need to fill out and I need to prepare a file for the patient since she doesn't seem to have anything on record.”, Readout said as he left the room.

“So since you’re awake now, what’s your name anyway? I’ve never seen you around Ponyvill before.”, Rainbow asked.

“Well... My name is Aria, but that's all I can remember, other than falling out of the sky at least.”, She responded.

“What do you mean that’s all you can remember?”, Rainbow contested. “You mean like Amnesia or something?”.

“I’m not sure, but all I remember is my Name. I don’t even know where I am or where I came from or why I am even here. The last thing I can remember before everything went dark was this cyan blur trailed by a rainbow. The I woke up in this bed about an hour ago.”, Aria explained.

“Oh. Well from what I saw you just seemed to have popped up as if from thin air and were falling outta the sky. Lucky for you I was there and saved you right in the nick of time.” Rainbow stated confidently, striking a rather heroic pose.

Aria smiled and let out a small giggle, “Well thanks for saving me, and for staying her all night. We don’t even know each other and I don’t even know your name yet, but you stayed here as if you’ve known me for a lifetime.”

“Hehe, yea I was just worried is all... wait how did you know I was here all night?” Rainbow said with a confused stare.

“When I was sleeping I kept hearing a voice that saying “hold on. you’re going to be fine.”

“Well, I was worried was all. Its not everyday somepony falls out of the sky half dead and beaten to Oblivion.”, Rainbow protested, not wanting her softer side to show too much. “Anyway, the names Rainbow Dash, best flyer to ever come out of Cloudsdale!”, She boasted as she flexed her wings ambitiously.

“Well its nice to meet you Rainbow Dash. Once I’m back up and moving around we’ll have to test that speed out so I can see it for myself.”, Aria said with a competitive grin.

“Ya know Aria, I’ve got a feeling me and you are going to be awesome friends.”, Rainbow said confidently.

The two continued talking for hours. Being without a memory save her own name, Aria had plenty of questions. After her initial questions: Where was she and the like; She asked about other stuff. Rainbow told her all about her other friends, the princesses, their adventures, and of course talked for several hours just on the subject of how Daring-Do and The Wonderbolts we’re the most amazing things to ever exist and how her dream was to one day become a member of the Wonderbolts. Aria had become mesmerized with Rainbows stories about the Wonderbolts and Daring-Do.

Aria considered herself lucky. She had survived whatever almost caused her own death and had already found a new friend to help her in this strange land.