• Published 25th Jan 2014
  • 490 Views, 1 Comments

Charmless - mylittlefalls



A new, unexpected villain leads to journey for escape and a fight for survival.

  • ...
 1
 490

Chapter One

Bright as day, beautiful as night.


The dress was a beautiful shade of shimmering white, tinted so that it just barley looked blue. To go with it were glass slippers, a diamond necklace and a small tiara of the same color. It had taken forever, yet was so worth it.

The shop was dead quiet. The clock read Twelve PM exactly. The trees outside shook and scraped against the house, creating a creepy kind of scene. A sound like tiny little needles hitting the roof of the Carousel Boutique hinted at rain.

Upstairs, a white mare with a glistening purple mane and a cutie mark of diamonds lay fast asleep. Her hard work had resulted to escaping into sleep the moment after she laid down onto her perfectly made bed.

Outside, the rain was getting worse. The little shower had turned into a thunderstorm. A rather large one, actually. Rain pounded against the window of her bedroom loudly, yet the mare was to tired to wake up. Thunder shook the house and lightning illuminated the town.

A tree outside, tossed around by the wind, let one of it's branches loose. It flew towards the window. The collision made an ear piercing sound, the glass shattering and the roaring winds from outside made it near impossible for Rarity to stay asleep. Shards of glass flew into the room. The tree branch skid across the floor. Rain poured into the boutique.

Rarity woke with a start and screamed at the sight. The fierce winds suddenly shoved her out of her bed. Her screams were whisked away by the wind as she got tossed around the room like a ragdoll. She was finally flung against the back wall of the room. Hard. Blood trickled down into her mane as she weakly got up. She fought against the wind. She levitated a tarp and quickly threw it against the window.

The storm tore right through it.

Rarity just barley dodged the tarp as it flew towards her like a bullet. She looked around frantically for something to use, but the room lacked items of such use. She was thrown down. Wasting no time, she got up, her head throbbing insanely.

She illuminated her horn. She focused as hard as she could.

The pieces of glass levitated towards the window. They tumbled and swirled around in the wind, almost like they were dancing. But finally, the flying little knifes filed back in place.

Rarity nervously stood her ground as she watched the window cautiously. She held the pieces in place with magic as they morphed into one window. She watched as the storm banged against it, but failed to get through.

She breathed a sigh of relief and collapsed onto her bed. She blinked tears out of her eyes, but one still ran down her cheek. What WAS that?

She looked around the room. It was torn at the seams, beaten to a pulp. She spotted the branch.

But something on it caught her eye. It looked like scratches, even...a message?

She slowly walked over to it, her head swimming with thoughts and racing with worries. She slowly and carefully picked it up.

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She opened them and looked down at the stick, and her heart stopped. She felt dizzy, and like she was going to throw up. She felt like she wanted to hide, but also wanted to kick something.

There was a message on the stick. It read:

Your as good as gone, Rarity.

Your as good as lost, Rarity.

Your as good as MINE, Rarity.

Author's Note:

So, what did you guys think? Sorry it's so short. The other chapters will be way longer. Pinkie Promise!