• Published 10th Nov 2013
  • 317 Views, 0 Comments

Last of the Elders - tubeku



A stranger appears before Twilight and her life changes forever.

  • ...
 0
 317

Chapter 12: Mind in Low and High Places

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH IM SO SORRY” Twilight screamed.

Aphirion slipped on the ceramic tub, crashing his head hard on the faucet. Groaning from the pain, he managed to stand up. His eyes blurred from the pain and he couldn’t find where Twilight was but he knew she had just walked in. Looking down while wiping the tears away, he saw that he was hanging out. Scrambling in embarrassment, he ripped the curtain off the rod and quickly wrapped it around his waist.

“TWILIGHT! I didn’t hear you come in. I’m sorry. I hope you didn’t see anything,” He gasped.

“Of course she saw everything, for Celestia’s sake i was fully out there. Jeez I need to keep my head in control. I can’t lose control like that again; I’m a professional, a soldier.” He shouted silently in his head.

“No, it’s alright. I should have knocked before coming in,” She replied, blushing furiously, “Besides, I’ve studied stallion anatomy before, it’s not like I haven’t seen one before.

“Heh, sorry about the curtain, I’ll fix it as soon as I can.” Aphirion said meekly.

“Please don’t worry about it. Just, um, worry about your problem you got going on. I’m, um going to leave. I have a lot of books to read” She said, blushing a deeper red before hurrying out of the bathroom, the door slamming shut behind her.

Aphirion quickly finished rinsing out his mane, blushing furiously. His mind replaying the event that had just taken place over and over, causing him to feel more embarrassed then he had moments ago. Twisting the handle shut, the water receded in its downpour, allowing him to run the green towel over his fur, drying him enough to not leave a puddle on the polished wood. Checking to make sure he wasn’t hanging out, he opened the door.

“Twilight, you there?” he called nervously while looking around the room. Taking a step through the door, he looked back towards the tub and quickly fixed the curtain. Satisfied with the quick job, he trotted around the room looking for her.

“Twilight?” he called again.

“I’m up in my room, you’re more than welcome to come up as long” she called from above, “just make sure your problem is taken care off please.”

“I’ll be right up,” Aphirion responded. Peeking up the stairs to make sure she wasn’t coming down, he walked into the kitchen and lifted the flowers he bought for her. Hiding the bouquet behind him, he made his way up the stairs.

Twilight was lying on her bed, her head resting on her hooves as her eyes swept back and forth through the book that was in front of her, her tail moving slightly behind her as she turned the page. Seeing her like that brought a smile to Aphirion’s lips.

“So, what are you reading there?” he asked

“It’s a very interesting book the princess sent me the other day. She said that it would be a boon to me if I read it and well I can’t say no to read a book like this.” She said without looking away from the leather bound book. “Its about Ley lines.”

“Ley lines, you mean those things that congregate under the castle?”

“You know about ley lines.” She asked before the realization dawned on her, “YOU KNOW ABOUT THE CASTLE OF THE ELDER LORDS!” she shouted, causing Aphirion to rear back in shock.

“Yes i know about it. My father use to tell me about it and the history that took place. I personally have never been there before but it doesnt matter because no one knows where it is suppose to be located at. The castle might be on top of a mountain or at the bottom of a lake. From what my dad use to say was that the Ley lines the converged on that spot made it very difficult to find and that all of the magical energy that escaped from there did something to those that lived in the castle. He never really told me everything but from doing my own research i found that they become extremely powerful, some even becoming immortal.”

“Immortal? You mean like the princess’”? She asked

“Some were yes, but others had a different means of coming back. The book was very vague about it so I can’t really tell you more.” Aphirion stated, “Oh, I huh got you something.” He finished while bringing the flowers from behind his back. The white flowers with petals with magenta tips fell into the suns light from the window, causing them to illuminate.

Twilight’s eyes grew wide as she saw the bouquet. Her lips parted open which brought her hooves up, covering her mouth.

“Do you know how much this means to me?” she said from behind her hooves.

“I know they are your favorite flower.” Aphirion said.

“I cant believe this, its like he’s proposing to me. Its only been a few days and yet he’s already proposing to me.” Twilight thought, “I cant wait to tell the girls!”