• Published 10th Nov 2013
  • 1,614 Views, 19 Comments

Larfleeze visits Equestria - KingDogbertXIV



Larfleeze, wielder of the Orange Light, comes to Equestria looking for something.

  • ...
0
 19
 1,614

Chapter 5

“Are ya sure these are th’ raight ingredients, Zecora?” a somewhat garbled childlike voice asked.

“Yes, inquisitive Apple Bloom, I am sure. These items will give our brew a soothing allure,” an older voice answered.

Depositing the bag that she had been holding between her teeth onto the brewing counter, Apple Bloom then peered into the bubbling pot and spied reflections of herself and her zebra friend. The smaller reflection was that of a filly with a yellow coat, reddish-orange eyes, and fluffy pinkish-red mane and tail, along with a pink bow in her mane. The larger reflection belonged to a zebra with turquoise eyes, light grey and dark bluish grey striped, Mohawk styled mane. She also had indigo-black hooves, light grey and dark bluish grey striped coat, and five brilliant amber hoops around her neck and left foreleg as well as brilliant amber earrings. Her flanks bore a black swirl with seven triangles along the left side. “This is an updated version of the see-the-past potion, right?”

“You ventured a close guess. This potion’s effort will be less,” Zecora answered.

“Meaning what, no more required alicorn magic?” Apple Bloom asked as Zecora opened the ingredient bag.

“Correct, right, and indeed. Salt is all that you need. The key plant is Dream Fluff,” Zecora started, pointing to a fluff of white fibrous material. “It improved it enough.”

“This stuff?” Apple Bloom asked, eyeing the plant. “It looks like cotton. This little fluff was the secret to turning an alicorn-only potion into the same brew but with salt as the, as you put it earlier, ‘activation ingredient’?”

“Yes, little one, it was the key. The magical costs are now free,” Zecora affirmed.

“How exactly does salt activate the potion?” Apple Bloom asked, as she glanced out a window. Turning pale and raising a hoof, she screamed, “What in Equestria is that?”

“What is what, little filly? Monsters don’t lurk here, so don’t be silly,” Zecora chided as she turned her attention towards the window. Instantly, her eyes grew wide as she saw what appeared to be a hideous monster sniffing around near the hut’s front with erratic motions. The creature’s eyes were wild and deranged as were its fangs. Its hair flowed back like a lion's mane but with three wild locks that shot up like spikes. Its shoulders were broad, his arms were long, and its gnarled hands had sharp claws for nails. On each side of its baboon-like snout, jutting from its dark orange skin, were three tusks on each side curving frontward. It wore an orange costume with black limbs and stomach. Its left ring finger sported an orange ring. On each shoulder lay a black circle with short lines marking every diagonal 90 degrees and a v-shape at the circle’s top. The symbol was on a white, circular background. “That beast does not look stable. If it gets close, hide under the table,” she said numbly.

“But what is it? The monsters in the Everfree Forest aren’t known for wearin’ clothes,” Apple Bloom pointed out.

“Who knows why it wears clothes,” Zecora said, still staring at the beast. “Near and far the Everfree monsters dwell, but never have they chosen here to smell. Should it creep closer still, I’ll defend us with utmost skill.”

“I hope it leaves soon,” Apple Bloom said worriedly. “I need to get back to the farm before Sweetie Belle’s party starts.”

“What it seeks, I wonder now and if we can help it. If so, how?” Zecora mused.

“What?” Apple Bloom screeched. “It’s clearly a dangerous beast and you want to help it?”

Zecora opened her mouth to reply, but suddenly gasped as the beast whipped its head around to stare directly at the window. She then frantically motioned towards a nearby table as the beast formed a toothy grin and darted up to the window. Apple Bloom dived under the table as the beast dashed out of the view of the window and towards the direction of the door. A split second later, the beast charged through the hut’s front door and into the room, bearing a hungry look on its face. “Lunchtime,” the beast shouted as he dashed towards the table that Apple Bloom was hiding under, flipped it over, grabbed the filly by the tail, and raised her up above his gaping mouth. Instantly, Zecora leaped at the beast and knocked him off balance, causing him to stagger and drop the screaming Apple Bloom onto the floor. The zebra then turned around and forcefully delivered both of her back hooves into the beast’s side, knocking him onto the floor. Zecora then quickly darted towards a ceremonial staff, grabbed it in her mouth, and launched it towards her invader, pinning the recovering beast’s arms behind his back. The beast sat up, lurched his arms forward, shattering the staff. He then dashed towards Zecora, grabbed her by the neck, and glared at her with a lean and hungry look.

“Stop,” Apple Bloom ordered authoritatively as the beast opened his mouth. Both the beast and Zecora looked towards the filly. Apple Bloom was now wearing a stern expression and was staring directly into the beast’s eyes. “You were lookin’ for somethin’ outside of the hut. We know the area here really well, so, we can help if you don’t eat us.” The beast closed his mouth and furrowed his brow in thought.

“You speak the truth. You are wise for a youth,” Zecora said as the beast began glancing back and forth between the filly and the zebra.

“What else will you give me, besides help?” the beast asked, turning his attention towards the filly.

“My sister, brother, and granny own an apple farm. We’ll feed you the best apples you’ve ever had if you don’t eat anypony first…or any zebra,” Apple Bloom answered.

“Deal,” the beast agreed after a moment. “My battery and two rings were stolen,” he explained as he dropped Zecora.

“Who stole them? What makes you think they’re here in the forest? Can you give us any more clues?” Apple Bloom quizzed as she slowly crept closer. “For that matter, who or what are you?”

“A bug stole them. I smell them nearby. Someone is using them as we speak. I’m Larfleeze,” Larfleeze fidgeted. “Sharing anything, even information, makes me uneasy.”

“A…bug?” Apple Bloom asked, tilting her head in confusion. “How were you robbed by a bug?”

“He attacked me while I was asleep and stole my stuff,” Larfleeze said.

“Could you describe this bug? Maybe Zecora can identify it,” Apple Bloom offered, righting her head.

Glancing towards the zebra, Larfleeze said, “He was pink with a blue and grey outfit and orange insect-like eyes.”

“I have no clue. How did he attack you?” Zecora shrugged.

“He struck a gong that gave off some weird vibrations which incapacitated me,” Larfleeze fidgeted.

“That sounds more like a monster than a bug. Bugs bite or sting, not strike gongs. Where in the forest did this happen?” Apple Bloom asked.

“It wasn’t in this forest,” Larfleeze said, returning his attention back to the filly. “It was back on Okaara. I followed him to above this planet and destroyed his ship. I sense that my stuff fell to this planet.”

“You’re an alien?” Apple Bloom blurted out, recoiling a bit.

“And you look delicious. Your point?” Larfleeze retorted, eyeing the filly.

“You’re the second alien that has ever visited Equestria. A few months ago, my sister and her friends encountered an alien robot named AMAZO,” Apple Bloom explained. “And stop looking at me like that.”

“Only if you point me towards my stuff,” Larfleeze said. “The scent is coming from the west. Also, I’m still hungry.”

“Do you want food or help first?”

“Food,” Larfleeze snapped.

“My friend’s birthday party will start soon,” Apple Bloom said, glancing at a clock. “If you’ll behave and let us escort you to Sweet Apple Acres, you can have lunch with us. Do you promise to behave, Larfleeze? Remember, you need us to help you find your stuff, so don’t eat us.”

“Deal,” Larfleeze grunted.

“Good,” Apple Bloom said, trotting towards the destroyed door. “Follow me,” she ordered before exiting the hut. Larfleeze grunted again, and then followed the filly.

“You mustn’t fear. I’ll watch the rear,” Zecora said as she followed behind Larfleeze.