• Published 10th Nov 2013
  • 1,614 Views, 19 Comments

Larfleeze visits Equestria - KingDogbertXIV



Larfleeze, wielder of the Orange Light, comes to Equestria looking for something.

  • ...
0
 19
 1,614

Chapter 7

“So what exactly is out there beyond this planet, Larfleeze? Is space as big and empty as our teacher taught us, or is it full of various inhabited planets?” Apple Bloom asked, keeping Larfleeze in her peripheral vision as she and Zecora continued escorting Larfleeze to Sweet Apple Acres.

“Space has stuff, which is mine,” Larfleeze muttered. “I don’t go out and away from my stuff.”

“Meaning?” the filly asked.

Scowling, Larfleeze answered, “I live on Okaara. My stuff is on Okaara. Therefore, I don’t leave Okaara.”

“You’re here now, away from Okaara. That ‘bug’ must have stolen some pretty valuable things to make you chase him down,” Apple Bloom started. “The fact that you’re here lookin’ for, what, three things, means that you, in fact, do leave Okaara.”

“Huh?” Larfleeze grunted.

Turning her gaze fully on Larfleeze, Apple Bloom slowed down her pace. “Your stuff was on Okaara. The bug stole your stuff. You chased him to space, destroyed his ship, and then landed here to recover your stuff,” she explained. “You said you ‘don’t leave Okaara’ when you’re clearly away from Okaara. You contradicted yourself.”

“Quite a true observation, astute little apprentice,” Zecora said, briefly glancing at the filly, and then back to Larfleeze. “Have you been dying to use that word in a sentence?” she asked after a few seconds.

“Yes,” Apple Bloom said proudly, now stopping completely. Larfleeze and Zecora halted as well. Looking directly into Larfleeze’s eyes, Apple Bloom furrowed her brow and lowered her head. “Larfleeze,” she said in a serious tone.

“Huh?” Larfleeze fidgeted. “Yes, small pony?”

“We’re gettin’ close to Sweet Apple Acres and, before we arrive, I want you to understand somethin’,” Apple Bloom started. “My friend, Sweetie Belle, is having her birthday party today at Sweet Apple Acres. There will be both fillies and grown-ups there. We ponies love nothing more than to see our friends and family enjoy themselves. If you cause trouble, there will be two resulting emotions from the party-goers: sadness and anger. The angry ones will likely lash out at you in rage. It is next to impossible to get help from an enraged crowd of ponies. Therefore, if you want any help in finding your rings and battery, I strongly suggest that you be on your best behavior. Do we have an undestandin’, Larfleeze?”

Rapidly nodding, Larfleeze replied, “Yes, small pony.”

“Good,” Apple Bloom said, relaxing her gaze and tone. She then raised a hoof and pointed beyond an upcoming hill. “Sweet Apple Acres is just beyond this hill, y’all. I’m going to go up on ahead and warn everypony that I’m bringing an unstable alien to the party. Larfleeze, you stay here with Zecora and don’t eat her. I’ll be back in ten minutes,” Apple Bloom explained before lowering her hoof and backed up onto the hill’s side. “I better return to see Zecora still alive, Larfleeze,” the filly warned before turning around and trotting over the hill, disappearing from Zecora and Larfleeze’s line of sight.

“Do you always rhyme, zebra?” Larfleeze asked quickly, turning his attention towards Zecora. Zecora simply smiled and nodded in response, causing Larfleeze to let out an annoyed grunt.
---
“Where in tarnation have y’all been and why’re y’all huggin’ like that?” a voiced screeched as soon as the voice’s owner, an elderly, light green mare with a light grey mane and tail, light orange eyes, an orange shawl with red dots, images of an apple pie on her two flanks, and a walker, noticed her grandchild and her friends emerging, huddled together for support, from the southern apple orchard. The elderly mare then scooted, at a surprisingly fast pace, towards Applejack, Rarity, Twilight, and Dash.

“We’re not hugging, Granny Smith. Twilight and I both took a beating from a magically-empowered Flim and Flam. They had these fancy bracelets that worked like unicorn magic. They were stealing apples, so Twilight and I tried to chase ‘em away. They overpowered us and fled with a bunch of apples,” Applejack explained.

“Their bracelets even absorbed my magic, Granny Smith,” Twilight added. “They shot Applejack in the side and shot me right out of the sky.”

“Granny, Apple Bloom just returned from Zecora’s and wants to talk to us as well as Twilight,” a deep, sage-like voice called from a few yards away. All eyes turned towards a red earth pony with an orange mane and tail, red coat, freckles, green eyes, and a brown yoke around his neck. His flanks have an image of a green apple, sliced in half. Next to him was Apple Bloom.

“About what, Big McIntosh?” Twilight asked as she and Applejack let go of their supporting friends and limped over towards Apple Bloom and Big McIntosh. Granny Smith hobbled behind.

“Twilight, I…,” Apple Bloom started before trailing off and sighing.

“Spit it out, young ‘un,” Granny Smith screeched, raising a hoof and pointing to Twilight and Applejack. “We need t’ get these two into beds and fix ‘em up.”

“Huh? What happened?” Apple Bloom asked, noticing the scrapes and bruises that both ponies had.

“Flim and Flam used magic bracelets to steal apples and beat the tar out of us,” Applejack said, scowling at the memory.

“What was it that you were going to say, Apple Bloom?” Twilight asked.

“Zecora and I found another alien, Twilight. His name is Larfleeze and he has issues. He nearly ate Zecora and me. He’s lookin’ for a battery and two rings that were stolen from him. I said we would help if he behaved,” Apple Bloom explained. “I left him with Zecora just past the hill over there while I went up on ahead to warn y’all,” Apple Bloom added, raising a hoof and pointing towards the direction from where she came from.

“And you invited him here why?” Applejack snapped. “The last alien that came to Equestria just about killed Princess Celestia over power.”

“I had to do something fast,” Apple Bloom replied, lowering her hoof. “He had Zecora by the neck and was about to bite her head off. He’s very…unstable, but he claims that he will behave during the party. I warned him that we would only help him find his stuff if he keeps his hunger in check.”

“So, it was either bargain with him or have him eat Zecora,” Applejack mused. “Fair point.”

“A wise move, dearie,” Granny Smith said, nodding. Turning towards Big McIntosh, she ordered, “Be a dear and go with Apple Bloom to report back to Larfleeze and Zecora.”

“Eeyup,” Big McIntosh nodded before heading towards the hill that Apple Bloom had indicated. Apple Bloom then started behind him.

“Now,” Granny Smith started, facing Twilight and Applejack. “You two are going to rest and heal. I won’t have my granddaughter and her friend further injure themselves frettin’ over some alien.”

“I would rather be up and around just in case this situation starts spiraling out of control,” Twilight objected. “As Applejack said, the last time an alien showed up, things got very ugly very fast.” Granny Smith just glared sternly with furrowed eyebrows and wrinkles in her forehead. Unable to stand it, Twilight sighed and relented, “Fine. I’ll go crash in the guest bedroom. Wake me up if or when weird things start happening.” Twilight then turned towards the farmhouse and limped her way towards it.

“I’m goin’ to hit the hay as well,” Applejack said before starting behind Twilight.

“What do you want Rarity and I to do, Granny Smith?” Dash asked as she flew up to Granny Smith as Twilight and Applejack made their way to the farmhouse. Rarity trotted up behind her and up to the elderly pony.

“Y’all go help Pinkie Pie with the cooking and baking,” Granny Smith answered, turning her attention towards Dash and Rarity.

“Yes, ma’am,” both ponies affirmed before heading towards the farmhouse as well. Granny Smith then glanced towards the hill with a worried expression on her face.