• Published 9th Mar 2012
  • 606 Views, 2 Comments

The End of the Beginning... of the End - Obsidian Warrior



A young alicorn and a few friends will journey into a hellish oblivion.

  • ...
 2
 606

Chapter 1: Findings

Chapter 1: Findings

-Pinkie Pie-

*Sigh* Don't even call me that. Everyone calls me by my real name: Pinkamena. It's felt like a thousand years since Dashie died (or better yet, I killed her). I feel rejected. I have very few friends, and my mane, once like cotton candy, now holds suffering and shame. I wish I could start over, dammit! I had been through way too much. First the "Cupcakes" incident, then a random necromorph outbreak, and now these damn hallucinations!

Each hallucination is worse than the last. Once, before the madness of this tale ever happened, I was just attending to my everyday business, then those... bastards started to flood the kitchen! Those eyes... full of death. Hate. The desire to kill. One charged me, and... I wish I could explain it, I saw somepony familiar in those eyes, while at the same time the necro screamed "WHY PINKIE! WHAT DID WE EVER DO TO YOU?" That voice. Fuck! Dashie follows me everywhere, saying stuff like "Accept the fact that I'm gone. Why won't you?"

Hell if I knew.

Anyway, The thing pinned me down. All my struggles to get out were useless. She screamed once more "I. WILL. END YOU!"

Hate to admit she was right.

Her scythe/appendage thing was held at my throat; positioned to cut my jugular vein without any attempt. Then a voice called; a much kinder, but serious tone.

"Pinkie! Are you here?

Phew! Almost slit my own throat!

"Yes, I'm here..." I didn't like that anyone was visiting, but I needed a friend. Badly. I wouldn't take this suffering much longer before i kill myself.

"I need to tell you something."

Alba, telling me some news? Probably that Royal Guard shit found me out, and was going to execute me. Finally, Redemption Day has come...

Only that wasn't the case.

"I need info on Necromorphs."

Redemption Day has come. But I had to deny that fate, THAT will not be my redemption. I expect to be yelled at. Hated. Ha! I'm used to that. I can live with that. Haha! I'll wear that signature grin of mine! None has EVER ESCAPED PINKAMENA DIANE PIE! HAHAHA!

"Pinkster, you OK?" Albatross woke me from my daydream of rotten insanity. I was enjoying it too...

That's when regret swept me like a loud storm.

"Need info on the necros? Y'ello?"

Fuck! Really? This shit again? It must be a prank though. I was hoping it was. I could only think of how to kill them. Describing them was to much to handle.

-Albatross-

I anticipated the way of dealing with them, of course if Sunshine was to actually try that. Pinkie said "Sorry! Just having a moment... you know."

"So Pinkster! How do I kill them?!?!"

"Woah girl, chill out."

"Sorry. I just want to know..."

"But why?"

She got me there. I only did it because I was worried about Sunshine. I heard that mages who reach a certain power level often will grow corrupt and let their alter-ego overcome them. I wasn't going to let that happen to Sunshine. Poor Sunny. She was alone when I found her. Beaten. Crushed under the pressure of hate. I decided to take her under my wing (figuratively and physically) and be friends. Let's just say it was the best decision of my life.

"Alba, I'm your friend. You can tell me anything." Pinkie said with worry.

DAMMIT! She was good with convincing! Ah well. No hiding things from her, especially what she has been through.

I had to think about how to word it. "You... You know Sunshine right?"

"The bright necromancer?"

"Yeah! Her! Well... she found this book..."

"And? AND?"

Pinkie you annoy me sometimes.

"Well, the subject is... necromorphs..."

-Pinkie Pie-

Damn! Are you fucking kidding me? Damn those... those... b-b-BASTARDS! First I thought it was just a prank, hehe, it would have been a funny prank too. Especially on Rarity. Haha! The look on her face when she realizes another outbreak is coming!

But maybe it is a prank...

No. By the looks of it, she was pretty fucking serious.

-Albatross-

Eeyup. Pinkster reacted just how I thought she would: She would damn them to hell. But I need answers, now!

"Well?!?!"

The Pinkster's response was also expected "I just wanna... j-j-ust wanna f-fucking... ARRRGGGH!"

"Deep breath Pinkie. I don't want this to end up like last time."

Funny story. When she gets angry, she tends to throw things, putting emphasis on THROW. Occasionally some of the projectiles would come straight at me. Being an alicorn was useful. Very rarely I get caught off guard. Long story short, I get sent to the ER.

"Deep breath in, deep breath out."

Pinkie did as I commanded. At least her rage has calmed. Now to find a way to get through that depression...

"Thanks Albatross. I needed that." Said Pinkie.

Now I was starting to doubt her. but she did utter something useful. "The answer to your question should be in that book,"

Pinkie went to retrieve a note, folded, once yellow, now covered in dried blood, in which the smell of death accompanied it. Damn. I would have gone to hell just by looking at it.

She continued on. "If the answer isn't there, open this. ONLY! And ONLY if it's not there."

Pinkie placed the note in my hooves, which I greeted with levitation. I levitated it over to my saddle bags and placed it there.

"Now you'll need something to defend yourself..."

I knew Pinkie had an entire arsenal of weapons. Whether it be kitchen appliances or not. I had only seen the weapons she keeps in her basement. Who knows what else she would be hiding! Pinkie appeared with a large kitchen blade singing a song

Blood will be drawn once more

Off we spread some gore

I released you from your prison

committing and redeeming our sins

The beast we slain, we will slay again

He has risen, and he will be condemn

DAMNED TO HELL WITH HIM!

Pinkie continued the song. I wasn't paying attention anymore. I heard she used to be cheery, now she's more depressed than a simple rock.

-Pinkie Pie-

I told her to run. Faster than she has ever gone. After I gave Alba the knife, she took off, flying fast as light out the window. By the looks of it, she could have easily pulled off a sonic rainboom.

I looked off into the distance. And I saw the weirdest thing... It looked like... like... a... Marker? I thought we destroyed that tower on the first outbreak. But as the three dark tendrils met, a wave, like radio waves, went everywhere. Of course I wasn't affected. I'm Pinkamena Diane Pie for God's sake! I defy every scientific law known to whole ponydom! But everyone else seemed affected. I heard screams, I heard banging. It was the purest, yet most rotten insanity. My sanity was no where near repairing. The Marker wasn't helping. Thank Jesus I can block out those signals.

Destruction was everywhere. I couldn't believe what was going on down below. I remember tears coming to my eyes. Fuck you! Only I was allowed to drive ponies to the point of insanity!

-Albatross-

That's when I saw HER. My FRIEND was casting some damn black magic! Sunshine will never learn about the rage I felt.

I yelled over the noise. "Sunny! What the bloody hell do you think your doing!?!?!?"

Her reply was shocking. "Why, what I always wanted to do. I thought you would figure by now."

It wasn't her reply that shocked me. It was that she said it in such a cheery voice.

She then started to change in a dark, blinding light.

-Pinkie Pie-

I then rushed to the Everfree, where Alba was possibly located. Then I saw it. A dark light was thrown across the forest. In the middle was a smiling Sunshine. Oh, I so hated her guts now. When the light dimmed, Sunshine was changed. Her fur was black. Now, instead of an orange, straight mane, it was replaced with an unruly mane of black and white. She had grown wings. The jewlery on her legs had been drained of any color, making them gray. Her tail was the same way as her mane, unruly, black, and white. Instead of a shining star, her cutie mark was now a super-massive black hole. Her eyes were gray and maniacal.

-Albatross & Pinkie Pie-

We ran. Fast as we could. We were scared of this new threat. But when an alicorn shows up, expect chaos.

She said to us telepathically "Call me... Darkness."

She laughed maniacally. Dead ponies started rising up and... started changing. They grew scythe-like appendages. Their skin was ripped and mutilated. But they didn't charge us. Instead they were behind their master, the one whom she called "Darkness" She must have been the former Sunshine.

Fuck her to hell.