• Published 9th Mar 2012
  • 606 Views, 2 Comments

The End of the Beginning... of the End - Obsidian Warrior



A young alicorn and a few friends will journey into a hellish oblivion.

  • ...
 2
 606

Prologue: Discovery

Prologue: Discovery

-Albatross-

“Who are you?” Yes dear reader, I know exactly what you are asking. To begin, I am an Alicorn. Possibly the only one other than the 2 tyrants on the throne. I have a basic design. I have a mahogany body with dark white face paint. I have a golden and gray mane, with a black and white tail, along with a flaming hoof as a cutie mark. I lived most of my life in seclusion to the world, with very few friends and my daughter, Electra. It's not very hard living on my own, especially with years of experience in the Everfree.

OK, I admit to hating living in seclusion, but what I would be risking if I told everyone I was an Alicorn. Hell, the media would be biting at my and Electra’s heels if they found out. Damn, she would be taken from me. I wouldn't put up with that crap, so I went into hiding.

Okay, let's jump back a few months ago. Let's see... I was Chatting with my friend, Sunshine. Oh, little info on her, she's a necromancer (or at least a trainee). She is one of the nicest ponies you will ever meet (hence the name "Sunshine)”. Her fur is white, she had a straight mane and a tail the color of orange. She had a straw hat and diamonds on her legs, with a glowing star as her cutie mark. Anyway, what were we talking about. Damn, I have some memory loss... oh yeah! We were talking about something she found lying around (A book, as I recall).

“Alba, you gotta check this out! It's Great!” Sunshine said with enthusiasm.

The Undead: Necromorphs

Necromorphs? Now, what the hell were those?

"I really need to try this! Maybe we can both do it!" She again exclaimed.

Yeah right.

My only reply was “I’ll look into it.”

Real clever Alba, real clever.

"Great! Here, you can have it now!" She shoved the book into my hooves. And with that I was off. You idiot! You just let your child by herself! To be honest, She was at the point she could take care of herself. I trusted Sunshine with Electra. Plus, when I say Sunshine is thee nicest pony ever, I mean it! Yes she was somewhat dark, but she was nice as hell. In fact, she could make friends with the entire world if she wanted to.

I rushed to see Pinkie Pie. Why do you ask? Well, it just so happens that she knows more than lots of ponies. My second bet was on Twilight Sparkle. If those two didn't know, no one knew. I hated to admit it, but we were screwed anyway.

Still worth a try, eh?