• Published 3rd Nov 2013
  • 929 Views, 34 Comments

The Prince's Hounds - TheTobacconist

  • ...
3
 34
 929

A Socialite Kicks Flank

The charity auction had gone well. Feeling quite pleased with herself, Fleur pecked her husband on the cheek as they walked the gas-lit streets of Canterlot. The moon seemed to balance itself on the edge of the buildings. Fancy Pants straightened his tie, and returned his wife's kiss. She amazed him in a way that no other pony could. Some suspected that he loved her for her looks. Some considered her a trophy wife. He knew better than that.

As they walked the cobblestone paths of Canterlot, he considered his reasons for being with her. Her looks? Certainly not, but that elegant figure did prove to be quite provocative to his mind's eye at times. Her social graces? No, but he admired her ability to speak to anyone. She often said more with five words than he could say in fifty. Was it her sense of charity that so befuddled his mind? No, but it was a part of it. What was it that drew him to her? He had never been quite able to put his hoof on it, but he loved her more than he could ever love himself.

She gave him another peck on the cheek, which turned to a nibble at his neck. He blushed, and appreciated the effect that gas-lit walks had on his wife. She was slow and gentle. Running her hoof along the inside of his black tail-coat, she kissed him with only a small amount of force. Tenderness was something of her specialty.

"Not here, Fleur." Fancy Pants regretfully pushed her hoof out of his coat. He kissed her on the forehead. "It's improper."

"That's improper?" She leaned up to his ear. "I'll tell you something improper."

As her lips brushed his ear, Fancy Pants blushed deeper. He remembered why he liked her. She could do that one thing with the other thing that felt awesome. He struggled to maintain his composure. Even his thoughts were not allowed to be inappropriate in public. He desperately wanted to be in private, where his thoughts and his actions could be as wild as his desires.

"What are you doing?" Fleur asked as he took a sudden turn. "This isn't the way home." She trotted after him as he sped up. "Fancy!"

"It's a shortcut," Fancy explained, "I just want to get home quickly." He silently cursed himself for choosing not to take a carriage. His staff would have had them home by now. "Very quickly."

"Fancy, this isn't a good place to be taking shortcuts." Fleur's eyes darted across the refuse in the brick alleyway. "Dear, think about this."

"We'll be fine," Fancy insisted. "There's nothing out here tonight." He stopped quickly, and looked at the dead end of the alleyway.

"Don't be a foal, dear," Fleur chided, "We can just take a-"

"Ain't no cabs where you two's is goin'," A gruff voice spoke behind them. His shadow covered the wall, and was soon joined by five more. "Ain't no funny business either, but that's da least of your's worries."

Fancy slowly turned around to regard the ponies behind him. They were clearly a rougher sort, and each of the six wore collars around their necks. Hounds.

"Well," Fancy laughed nervously. "Can we talk about this?"

"Nope." Heavylift tossed his cigarette behind him, and blew one final smoke ring. "Boss says you need to disappear." He cracked his neck. "Boss says bite, well, we bite." He looked behind him. "Isn't that right, fellas?"

The other five roared in agreement.

"I suppose my hooves are tied," Fancy Pants laughed, "Fleur, I'm afraid I would just get in the way." His voice was no longer nervous. "Would you please take care of this?"

"What?" Heavylift sputtered, "You gonna send a filly to do a stallio-"

A well placed hoof to the face interrupted him. There was pain, and blood. It poured down his face and onto the cobblestone. He raised his head, only for Fleur to slam it against a brick wall. She ducked underneath an oncoming hoof, and shifted her entire weight into the assailant's belly, knocking him off balance.

The narrowness of the alley provided her with a distinct advantage. She was able to fight one on one without interference. Still, she couldn't help but take advantage of the situation. Using her magic, she took the rear guard, and dragged him to the front, knocking every other pony down as well. She bucked him in the face as he was dragged to her, knocking him to the ground.

One pony was left. The others were down. Fleur knew that she could not act simply when dealing with an enemy. Enemies had to be taught fear. The stallion cried, and raised his hooves in protest. Fleur grabbed them with her magic, and pulled them in four random directions. Fancy Pants winced at the sound of blood splattering.

Fleur wiped the blood from her muzzle, and smiled to herself. There weren't many opportunities for violence now. She walked back to Fancy Pants, and nuzzled against him.

"I haven't had that much fun since my ESS days," She breathed, and pushed him against the brick wall, kissing him forcefully.

"Damn it." Heavylift twitched his leg, and struggled beneath the bodies of his comrades. "At least let me go!"

"You'll watch." Fleur tossed Fancy's tailcoat to the side. "And then you can tell your boss about it."


"So." Blueblood watched the alleyway from his tower. "Fancy didn't lift a hoof." He lowered his binoculars from the view of the guards placing a body bag in the back of a cart. "I'm still certain it's him."

The guards were still in view from his location. Just another thing to worry about. He would have to remind his hired help to avoid committing crimes in the general area. Erring on the side of caution was essential to success.

"I don't know, Prince." Heavylift lifted an ice pack to his bloody muzzle. "That Fleur de Lis did all the work."

"He must know that I'm onto him." Blueblood raised his binoculars again. "Fleur might simply be his accomplice." He snarled, "I don't trust either of them." He looked back to Heavylift. "How did you get back again?"

"After they..." Heavylift dropped his eyes. "After they were done with each other the bitch splinted up my leg."

"I'll have the Retrievers acquire a doctor," Blueblood informed him, "You'll be back on your hooves in no time." He patted Heavylift on the head. "Next time? Bring a weapon." He looked back down to the alleyway. "We'll need something resistant to magic."

"Only ponies who have something like that are the guard," Heavylift reasoned, "I don't know if we can get that."

"Let me put it this way, Heavylift." Blueblood slammed the binoculars down, and stared at his goon. The Prince took a moment to calm himself, breathing deeply, and then he re-affixed his fierce gaze. "You will get me those weapons." He leaned in closer. "Or I'll have new furniture."