• Published 6th Mar 2012
  • 1,781 Views, 42 Comments

Insanity War - InsaneBatPony



Insanity's release has had devastating effect on Equestria. Without Twilight can the elements stand

  • ...
2
 42
 1,781

Insanity Comes

Insanity Comes

When Spike arrived back at the palace the spell used to make him full grown had worn off and he was now at his forge master size. He was greeted by two stunned Princesses, five Elements and a crying Twilight. Twilight ran up to Spike and tackled him in a large hug at his return. The others all had their mouths agape in shock and awe of the purple and green dragon.

“What happened to you? You turned into something else; I have never seen such a thing.” Twilight asked between sobs.

“I don’t know what happened to me, but Xiuhcoatl said that my father came to help.” Spike answered.

“Tell me Spike, Did Xiuhcoatl tell you his name?” Celestia asked him.

“Yes, he said his name was Aodhfin, The White Fire.”

At hearing the name of the dragon that came to help Celestia looked shocked.

“His name was Aodhfin?” Celestia asked to confirm that she heard Spike correctly.

“Yes.”

Celestia backed up slowly not looking behind her and collapsed onto the floor. The others rushed to Celestia to make sure she was ok. Celestia nodded them away and stood again.

“Sister, why did you collapse like that?” Luna asked Celestia.

“Forgive me everypony, the news just got to me I guess.”

“Why did you collapse at the name of my father?”

Celestia let out a sigh and looked at Spike in the eyes.

“Your father, Aodhfin, was a mighty dragon and he was also a hero among his dragon hordes. However, before he was tyrannical and ruthless ruler. He would invade other territories in a mission to conquer them so he could be the sole ruler of Equestria.” Celestia explained to Spike.

“My father was…evil?” Spike asked concern in his voice.

“Yes he was, but something happened. He left on a journey and did not return for a very long time. I believe it was nearly one hundred and fifty years. While he was away, the dragon wars started and Xiuhcoatl took power in that time. When Aodhfin returned he wished to take his thrown back. Xiuhcoatl naturally liked the power that came with his new found position and would not give it up. So, in accordance with the new laws set in place, Aodhfin issued a formal challenge to Xiuhcoatl. Naturally Xiuhcoatl accepted. When the battle was over Aodhfin stood victorious. Xiuhcoatl was humiliatingly defeated and he wanted revenge. It took Xiuhcoatl three years to plan his revenge and in that time Aodhfin had four eggs. Three of them hatched on time, the other never did. When Aodhfin saw that his other egg did not hatch he used an ancient magic known only to him and a select few dragons. He transferred all of his power into the egg, hoping that it would hatch. It still remained unhatched. Aodhfin was disheartened and was slipping into a depression. Aodhfin left in order to clear his mind so he could think clearly. Seeing the opportunity Xiuhcoatl wanted to take revenge in the worst way possible.”
Celestia stopped trying to consider the right way to tell Spike the end of the story. Seeing that there was no other way to say it in a way that would not hurt she said it like she would anything else.

“Xiuhcoatl killed the three hatchlings and threw the unhatched egg off of the mountain. The only reason that the egg did not break upon impact was the power that Aodhfin had transferred to it. It had hardened the shell into a nearly unbreakable matter. When Aodhfin returned he found the three dead and his egg gone and Xiuhcoatl sitting on his thrown. Aodhfin attacked Xiuhcoatl and used an ability thought to be a myth. He split his soul and body and attacked Xiuhcoatl simultaneously. Xiuhcoatl with difficulty destroyed Aodhfin’s body but Aodhfin’s soul remained. Aodhfin issued an ultimatum to Xiuhcoatl, he told him to leave or he would steal his soul and would destroy it. Xiuhcoatl would never know the afterlife. Hearing this Xiuhcoatl left and was not seen again, until recently.”

Spike looked at Celestia in disbelief. He could not believe that his father would be a tyrant only to change after some adventure that lasted over one hundred years. What struck him most was that he was the last of his family and the last of his species of dragon.

“So, then what about my mother?”

“She remains unknown to me. I’m sorry Spike.” Celestia said with sorrow in her voice. “Spike you had a long and hard battle. Go get some rest and recover from your injuries.”

Spike could only nod in agreement. He slowly walked away toward the forge and his room. Twilight tried to follow but Applejack put a hoof on her shoulder and shook her head from side to side indicating not to follow. Twilight conceded and stopped. Celestia looked at them and spoke again.

“Listen all of you; I don’t think that Insanity will take Xiuhcoatl’s defeat lying down. I believe he is going to do something terrible on a large scale.”

When Celestia finished her head began to ache and she collapsed screaming in pain. The others ran to her side trying to figure out what happened. A few seconds after she collapsed a loud shattering sound was heard and Celestia stopped screaming and began to pant.

“Sister! What happened?” Luna said trying to comprehend all that had transpired.

Celestia did not answer; she only stood there looking at the floor.

“Sister?”

“Celestia is not here right now.” said a deep, ominous voice.

“Who is there? What have thou done to my sister?!” Luna screamed.

“I have taken over her mind for a short time. I managed to destroy a part of the barrier keeping my influence out.”

When they heard the words my influence they instantly knew who it was.

“Insanity! What does thou want?” Luna yelled at the possessed Celestia.

“I’m here to tell you that you have approximately four hours to unconditionally surrender before I eradicate your entire resistance and your precious city.”

“You have failed thus far Insanity! Thou will never win!” Luna said.

“Correct. I have failed this far but the time has come to bring myself out of my castle and reveal myself to Equestria. I will fight you all personally.” He noticed that Twilight was trying to hide behind a table in the room. “Mania, my former general your failure was most devastating but your betrayal was an insult. I will save your punishment for last. Your punishment will be the most devastating. I will watch your heart and soul break in two. As for the rest of you, I will take all you hold dear from you and you will suffer.”

Rainbow Dash hearing enough of this garbage spoke up rather loudly.

“Bring it on you freak! I will watch you suffer!” Rainbow yelled at the possessed Celestia.

“Oh? Aren’t you the brave one, my rainbow colored nemeses.” Insanity said with sarcasm.

“That’s right! And I’m gonna stomp you into the ground!” Rainbow Dash yelled.

Insanity let out a laugh of pure joy at this statement. He hadn’t heard such a brash statement come from anypony before.

“What’s so funny?” Rainbow said now aggravated.

“Nothing. Now then as I said before you have four hours to surrender unconditionally, or I will level your precious city.
But I will not guarantee that I will not do to you all what I have said previously. I have left a way for you to contact me with your choice, if I do not hear anything from you I will take your answer as a no. I look forward to your response.”

His warning now issued, Insanity disappeared from Celestia’s mind. She collapsed again in a heap and woke again after a few minutes. She staggered onto her hooves and looked at the group in the room.

“No need to worry, I’m okay now. I already know what he said. He was unable to get rid of me completely; I was able to listen in at least.”

“So princess what are we supposed to do?” Twilight asked.

“I do not know. We have four hours to come up with something to stop him from taking over Equestria. Let's get started then.”
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

“My warning has been issued.” Insanity said getting up off of his thrown. “With their many successes thus far, I may need to release my full power against them. But it will be absolute pleasure to break my former general’s spirit as I kill her friends and take all she holds dear.”

Insanity walked out onto his balcony and looked down at his full army of creations. He looked them over and decided that they were no longer necessary for his plans. He waved a hand and his entire army was destroyed in a split second. He reentered his castle and prepared himself for his departure to Canterlot, the scene of their final showdown for Equestria.

“I know they will not surrender. They are too stubborn for that.”
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Our time is almost up! Has anypony thought of something?” Twilight shrieked.

“Our only choice is to fight him with all we have at our disposal.” Celestia said gloomily. “I have gathered all of the Elements for you.” Celestia’s horn glowed and the elements all went to their perspective users. “I can only hope we can stop him in time.”

“We all do Tia.” Luna replied.

Celestia let out a sigh. “Well then my little ponies we should prepare ourselves for our final fight for Equestria.”

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Insanity had finally finished all of his preparations for his journey to Canterlot. He wore a new robe, black as night itself with red cuffs and an ancient symbol of war on his back closely resembling a dragon skull. He smiled as he remembered how much time had passed.

“Four hours and no response. I was hoping for this. Now I will put all of them into their place and the Elements will die and the princesses shall do my bidding.”

He let out a deep sinister laugh and the seven foot mix up of creatures teleported away.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

The princesses and the now six Elements stood all together in the war room hoping that this would not be the last time they would see each other. As they stood in the room Twilight walked to the window and looked out at the sky. The moon shone brightly in the sky and all was quiet. It was a perfect night. She looked on as she hoped that she would stargaze again someday and share many more memories with her dear friends. Then Twilight noticed that the moon was beginning to change color. She looked on as the stars went dark and the moon turned a crimson color. She began to visibly shake and ran back in inside to inform the others of the happenings.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

“My moon has changed color for my arrival how fitting and the stars have darkened. Oh, this will be a night to remember.” Insanity said as he made his way to the front gates of the City of Canterlot. His power seal was still active allowing him to remain undetected while he made his way into the gates of Canterlot.

“Time to make my presence known.” He said as he released his power seal. A great power was released from him. His body was enveloped in a sickening red aura that appeared as fire on his body. He stood there admiring the sight of his body enveloped in this fire. He appeared as a torch in the darkness. He put his two claws together and a large ball of red energy formed in his hands. “Now…. I will have my prize.” He said to himself as he released the energy from his hands and into the city.

The beam of energy hit the city’s center square and leveled it and the surrounding area in a four mile radius.

“HAHAHA! Yes…Yes! And only a portion of my power! They will fall!” Insanity flew above the square using his draconic wings and found the palace with ease.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

An explosion was heard by the princesses and the six. They all looked around wondering what had happened when an injured guard had shot into the room and smashed into the back of the room. The group looked on in horror as the guard was missing a wing, the ribs on his left side shone and his right eye had been blown out of his head. Celestia did not need to ask what had happened to know the cause of such a grievous injury. Celestia turned to the group.

“It is time. Prepare yourselves. He is here.”

NEXT CHAPTER

INSANITY RISES