• Published 1st Nov 2013
  • 396 Views, 6 Comments

Apples Wild - niftykoala



Equestria's Wild Wild East Comes Alive. Big Mac's Adventure's in Dodge City and beyond.

  • ...
 6
 396

Dodge City

The dust storm was blowing hard and blasting dust into the air as ponies ran from the train to the station. Last off, a large red earth pony stepped from the train. “Dodge city.” He said quietly to himself. He bent his head back to his saddlebag and pulled out a pre-tied red and white checkered bandana and slid it over his muzzle to keep the dust from getting into his nose. He shook himself a bit, trying get rid of some of the dirt and grit that had already worked its way under his yoke. He glanced around and instead of making his way to the station; he made for the town.

He stood in the main street of the town and squinted through the dust. He was practically covered in dust and caked on dirt now. “I’m going to have to telegraph everyone and tell them what happened.” He thought, as the winds tossed tumbleweeds past him. He was almost to the end of the road when he noted the telegraph poles going to the brick and mortar Pegasus Post station. He made for the door.

The wind shut the door behind him. There were two windows at the counter opposite the door, but only one was open. Behind the counter sat an exhausted looking blue Pegasus, sliding a large pile of letter s to an awaiting unicorn. “Ya gotta start coming in every other day instead of once a week,” the Pegasus grumbled. There were a few ponies ahead of the red earth pony in line, a young tan foal Pegasus was standing close to his mom, ahead of them was a grey earth pony wearing a bowler hat, and at the front of the line a very young skinny green unicorn was collecting the rather large pile of mail and levitating it into his satchel.

The Second window slid open. A small sign reading Telegraph and Stagecoach only was set up, as elderly teal colored earth pony with large wire framed glasses settled into place behind it. The red earth pony paused a moment waiting to see if anyone was going to switch lines, then trotted over to the window.

“Excuse me,” he said. “I’m Big M...” The elderly pony cut him off. “I-IT’s YOU!” Trembling the elderly pony shrank away from the window. ”I-I…we don’t want any trouble Big Red. “

Everyone in line backed away from the red stallion. The green unicorn disappeared in a flash of magic. The bowler pony fainted. The Pegasus mare positioned herself as to protect her foal.
“J-Just take the bits and go.” The old pony foisted with a heavy clank a cloth bag onto the counter.

Suddenly the door slammed again LOUDLY causing everyone but the big red earth pony to jump. In the doorway stood a lean and taught, sandy colored earth pony. His leather hat sat perfectly atop his head, The Ace on the side of the brim matched perfectly to the Cutie Mark on his flank a leather duster parted slightly to reveal. A dark brown bandana covered his muzzle up so just his eyes shown.

“Mare and Gentlecolts, if you all could listen up.” The Ace cutie marked pony leveled his gun at the group. “This here’s a robbery. “