• Published 31st Oct 2013
  • 1,057 Views, 8 Comments

Color to the Gray. - SingingSeaSerpent



Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie is sent to Earth to learn the mysteries of humans, only to find sadness in the heart of an orphan during the Holocaust.

  • ...
12
 8
 1,057

Chapter 1

"You got all that, Dash?", Twilight asked.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever.", Rainbow Dash replied with a bored tone as she stretched on the couch. She had been invited over by Twilight to discover another distant planet called, "Earth". Twilight told Dash how she didn't need to write any notes, since Twilight knew a spell that could go back into Dash's memories and see what she saw. Twilight had warned her about how different it was compared to Equestria. Dash's overconfidence made Twilight's concern worsen even more.

"Rainbow Dash, this is serious!", Twilight barked as Rainbow Dash yawned on Twilight's couch.

"Look look, I got it. I just need to hang out on Earth and take a look around. Now you were going on about this.. watch?", Dash asked holding up a watch that Twilight had given her earlier. Twilight calmed down, knowing her friend was at least asking questions instead of going there blind.

"Ah yes, the watch. This is very important, since it wi- Are you paying attention??", Twilight stopped after noticing Rainbow Dash playing with the watch on her couch.

"What? Oh yeah, of course.", Rainbow Dash had been spinning the watch and looking at her reflection on the watch. Twilight got annoyed and snatched the watch.

"This is the watch that is guaranteeing your safety home!", Twilight said pointing at the watch and slamming it onto Rainbow Dash's stomach.

Rainbow Dash tilted her head in confusion, "How is this thing going to bring me back? It's just a watch.", Dash replied, holding it back up to her face.

"If you payed attention, then you would know.", Twilight hoof faced. "I imbued this watch with magic that will teleport you back here, after you've spent a month on Earth."

Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes, "Yeah, but what's so important about keeping hold of it, can't I just drop it once I get there? It'll be annoy-" Rainbow Dash continued before Twilight got up into her face.

"NO, It has to be on you or else it won't detect you, and you'll be stuck there! That's why this is so important for you to pay attention!" Twilight said in Rainbow Dash's face, before walking back with her head down. "You're risking your life out there, and I don't want to lose a friend...", Twilight said nearly in tears. Rainbow dash got up from her couch and wrapped a hoof around Twilight.

"It's all in the bag, cheer up Twilight. I promise I will keep the watch on me and will be as cautious as possible.", Dash said as she looked in Twilight's eyes.

"You promise?", Twilight said looking up to meet Dash's eyes.

"Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye!", Dash said giving a cheerful smile while sticking a hoof against one of her eyes. Twilight smiled and gave her friend a goodbye hug.

Twilight walked back and turned to dash, kneeling and preparing her magic.

"Ready?", Twilight asked.

"Ready!", Rainbow dash replied with a grin

Twilight concentrated on her magic as she prepared to send Rainbow Dash to Earth, when suddenly out of the cushions from the couch Rainbow Dash was sitting on, Pinkie Pie jumped out spreading party confetti everywhere.

"TA-DA!" Pinkie cheered. She looked around confused, "Wait... This isn't Rarities house...", she looked around and saw the glow at Twilight's horn tip. Pinkies eyes grew with curiosity. Pinkie ran over next to Twilight.

"Is that a new a spell?? Huh? huh? huh? Can I see? Will it turn me into a cake!?", Pinkie asked with much excitement hoping around Twilight, until she noticed Rainbow Dash bracing herself for the spell. Pinkie hoped over to Rainbow Dash.

Twilight's eyes shot open as she just realized who was just speaking. "-GASP!- Pinkie, move out of the way!", Twilight yelled.

"Huh? Hoof out the hay? Why would I do that?", Pinkie responded, as turned around. The light of Twilight's horn grew blindingly bright until... it faded...

Twilight slowly looked up, exhausted from the powerful spell, and saw nopony in front of her.. Just the bookshelves.. No Rainbow Dash.. No Pinkie Pie... Twilight knew what she had just done, and there was no way of reversing it.. She slowly sat down and placed her hoofs over her eyes, covering her tears.

"What have I done.."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Berlin, May 19th, 1943. 9:44 P.M.

"Now, now.. Marie Lee you need your rest and you know it.", The soothing voice cooed as she tucked her daughter in bed.

"But.. What if the neighbors are right? What if they do come, and I'm asleep? What if they take you away and I can't find you, what if-", The little girl continued before her mother placed a finger on her lips to hush her.

"Ssh.. You'll be alright..", the mother responded with a not so confident smile, but still a smile to calm her daughter down. She stroked her hands over her daughters hair and sang her a lullaby.

"Hush now, quiet now, it's time to lay your sleepy head. Hush now, quiet now, it's time to go to bed.
Hush now, quiet now, it's time to lay your sleepy head. Hush now, quiet now, it's time to go to bed.", The mother sang softly to her daughter. She gave her daughter a kiss on the forehead before heading out of the room. "Good night, Marie.", she said before turning off the light in her room, leaving the door cracked for a little light from the hall.

"Good night, mom.", The girl whispered, before drifting off to sleep.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Berlin, December 20th, 1943. 5:55 A.M

Snow had been covering the streets and homes of Berlin lately, leaving the city a cold and quiet setting at night, with the only sound being the wind blowing the snow around. The darkness soon to be taken over by the light of the sun in a distance.

Slowly the sun rose up, after being hidden within the clouds of snow for the past few days.

Marie woke up, smiling as the sun's heat started to cover her face. She got up to look outside her window, there she saw it. It had been a while since she saw the sun, it was comforting to finally see it again . She had confidence that today was going to be a good day. She hadn't been able to play with her friends lately since they had been indoors due to the cold and the fact that her parents were afraid that the, "bad people", were going to take her away. Hopefully today, they'll let them play.

Marie started to get excited as she put on her winter outfit. All the thoughts of what games they could play just put a huge smile on her face. She put on all her winter clothes and ran downstairs to ask her parents if she could play with her friends.

"Mom, Dad, it stopped snowing! Can I-", Marie stopped mid sentence as her eyes grew wide with fear when she saw who was standing at the door, with a gun pointed directly at her parents.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Berlin, December 22nd, 1943. 1:01 A.M.

The dark city, lie in ruins, as the bodies of innocent people were cleaned up, leaving nothing but blood behind on the snow... The snow shortly returned on the 21st to cover the sun again.. It was completely silent again. Nothing to be heard but the blowing of the wind... It was nearly pitch black, the only color coming from the snow, and the dark buildings.. When a light appeared in the middle of the street.. The white light suddenly grew, expanding in size, growing larger and larger.. When finally..

-CRACKLE-
-BOOM-

The light exploded with a blinding light as it finally took shape into not one.. but two forms!

The light started to die out, the figures had finally finished taken shape.

It was Rainbow Dash laying on top of Pinkie Pie, completely passed out.

Rainbow Dash slowly opened her eyes. "Where am I?..", She grumbled to herself, rubbing her head.

"I have no clue, but you sure do make a good blanket!", A voice chirped from underneath Rainbow Dash. Dash's eyes shot open, she jumped to her hoofs and looked at what spoke under her.

"Pinkie!? You're not supposed to be here!", Dash said sternly to the pink pony still laying on her back.

"I'm not?", Pinkie asked, with her eyes widened. "ooooooh! What's that around your neck?", Pinkie asked jumping to her hoofs and playing with Rainbow Dash's watch. Rainbow Dash, turned making the watch swing around her neck out of Pinkie's reach.

"This watch is supposed to bring me back home after a month, it keeps track as to how long I have left, and I need to keep it on at all times so I don't lose it. I have to keep it on to teleport me back.", Dash responded with her eyes closed. She then shot them open when she came to a realization. "But... How will you return back..?", she asked, turning to Pinkie.

Pinkie had a confused look on her face, she put a hoof up to her mouth and raised an eyebrow to think of an answer. She then put a relaxed smile on her face, "Twilight's a smart pony! She can think of something. I'm sure of it!" Pinkie said with a cheerful smile.

Rainbow Dash wasn't buying it, she felt disgusted. She didn't like the feeling of not knowing how to fix a solution that could leave her friend behind forever, but for now she ignored it, she had time. Who knows? Twilight is a smart pony, she'll probably think of something by then.

Pinkie pie started to scratch her right ear, Rainbow Dash looked at her, "You okay?"

Pinkie scratched faster, "Of course!", Pinkie pie responded with a cheerful smile. "Why?", she asked.

"Then why are you scratching your ear so much? Is it really that itchy?", Rainbow asked, shaking away the snow that had continued to fall on her mane.

"Oh, well it usually means something is watching us.", She said, continuing to scratch her right ear.

Dash's heart sank. Who was watching? Are they in danger? What's going to happen?

Rainbow Dash spun around in panic, looking around as to who was watching them. She turned back around and didn't see Pinkie Pie.

"Pinkie pie?!" Rainbow Dash asked in a squeek.

"Yoohoo! Up here!", The voice said from above. Rainbow Dash looked around and looked up a nearby building to see a cheerful Pinkie Pie waving out a window.

"Get down from there!", Rainbow said in a loud whisper. "There could be something dangerous up there!"

Pinkie giggled, "There's nothing dangerous up here! Plus, I found out what was watching us.", Pinkie said.

Rainbow Dash looked up at Pinkie with shock. She opened up her wings and flew up to the window Pinkie was at. She crawled into the window and saw the pile of clothes shift around from the other side of the room. Pinkie and Rainbow Dash leaned in close to see what it was. The clothes stopped shifting.

The head popped out of the pile.

It was a girl, about 9. She looked around and finally met face to face with the two ponies.

END OF CHAPTER 1