• Published 29th Oct 2013
  • 515 Views, 6 Comments

A Tale Of Two Doctors - Shadow Raikou



The Doctor has been living in Equestria for a good while now, well suited to it. But when another Doctor appears, from an alternate dimension, things get complicated. Specially since this new Doctor brought the biggest threat to Equestria with him.

  • ...
4
 6
 515

Chapter 1: Two Doctors

The TARDIS is flying through the time vortex, bumping around. Inside, however, is chaos. The Doctor and his new companion, Ally Harmony, are moving around the console, pressing buttons. They have a seemingly panicked look on their face.

"What is going on?!" Ally yells over the sound of the TARDIS. Sparks are flying out of the console, and it is getting hard to hold on to... Well... Anything.

"The TARDIS is not responding- This only happens when the time space barrier has been broken." The Doctor yells back, running around the console, pressing some buttons and pulling some levers.

"Do you even know what you're doing?" Ally asked, now holding on to a railing.

"Of course I do! But it's not working!" He yells back. Suddenly, the TARDIS bumps into something, shaking the entire console room. The TARDIS then goes silent. Both look confused with a tint of relief.

"Come on then!" He suddenly yells, walking out. Ally is still rather shocked by the turn of events, but instinctively follows him outside. The Doctor is standing with an open mouth. She walks up to him.

"What now, then?" Ally asks him. After noticing his expression, she looks in the other direction... To see another TARDIS parked. She looks back at the TARDIS she just left. They are not the same- That's for sure. Suddenly, the new TARDIS' door opens, and a rather angry stallion walks out to face the Doctor. The stallion was rather yellowish, with dark brown hair. He was wearing an orange suit with a blue bowtie. Most impressing was that he had mechanical wings, and was an unicorn.

"What do you think- bumping into my TARDIS like that? I don't know if that's what you ponies do in this dimension but that was just-" He rambles on, stopping as he notices the other TARDIS. "...You're a timelord, then. That explains a lot."

"W-Who are you?" The Doctor asks the stallion, still confused.

"I'm the Doctor, who're you?" The Stallion replies, straightening his bowtie. The Doctor turns around to look at Ally, his eyes wide open.

"That is just impossible, because he's the Doctor!" Ally suddenly yells, walking up to this new 'Doctor'.

"Oh. OH." The new Doctor said with a realizing expression. "Oh. Very well then. Hello Doctor, I'm the Doctor." He says, shaking the other Doctor's hooves. "Let me explain. I'm you from another dimension!"

"Impossible. Dimensional travel is impossible. Well... Technically not... But... Impossible, yes, impossible." He replied.

"It really isn't, now that I'm here." The new one replied back. Now it was Ally's turn to look confused.

"Hold on- just a moment- you mean that there are TWO Doctors now? As if the whole bigger-on-the-inside thing wasn't enough..." Ally said. The new Doctor walks past the other one, going inside the other one's TARDIS. "Doctor!" Ally yelled.

"What?" Both said simultaneously, then looking at each other. "Jinx!" They both said simultaneously.

"Okay, if that's going to be a thing I'm going to call this new one Doctor 2." Ally said, annoyed.

"No way!" The New One yelled. "If anyone's going to be Doctor 2 it's going to be him."

"You came into my universe, I'm Doctor 1." The old one angrily added, walking up to the new one.

"Not if I'm around!" The new one yelled back. Both Doctors went into an intense staring contest rather quickly.

"Hold on, hold on! We can figure out who's 2 and who's 1 later!" Ally said, stepping between them. The new one then takes a look around the old one's TARDIS. He looks disgusted.

"A type 40? Are you... Like... Primitive?" The new one said, angering the old one further.

"Hey! This is a great TARDIS! The nav systems are broken, so is the chameleon circuit... But it's a GREAT TARDIS." The old one yelled, walking up to his console. "And what do you mean by primitive? What's your TARDIS type then?"

"Type 81." The new one replied in a boasting expression.

"I've seen better." The old one replied.

"Mine's modded. A lot." The new one replied, annoyed by that last comment. As the two Doctors continue arguing, Ally stands back near the door with wide eyes.

"Oh my Celestia the world is doomed." She mumbles.

------------------------------------------------------------

Both Doctors and Ally are now inside the new one's TARDIS, which is much more futuristic and WHITE. Everywhere! It felt like the theme the Doctor originally used, but bigger. It was the biggest console room the old Doctor had ever seen. It had core pipes poking around, wires on every wall, and just one look at it made the Doctor's type 40 TARDIS look like a stone tool opposed to a gun.

"Woah." Ally mumbled.

"I've gotta say that I'm impressed." The old Doctor replied. He then noticed that the new one's suit was kind of stuffy. "Your suit looks rather... Stuffy."

"That's it! Stuffy! I'll call this new one Stuffy! No numbers!" Ally said, jumping with her new idea. 'Stuffy' looks rather unimpressed.

"Uhm. Never liked nicknames. But I guess that works, I think... But I won't sit around with him being called the Doctor." Stuffy said, pointing a hoof at the old Doctor.

"You once said you liked Fezzes, right? I'll call you Fezzy!" Ally said to the old Doctor. He groaned.

"Hey, I don't like this either- But while I'm still here, you gotta live with it!" Stuffy said to Fezzy. He then checked his watch, then walked into one of the corridors. "Be right back, don't touch anything."

As soon as Stuffy was out of sight, Ally's expression changed to a more serious one. "How can you be so cheerful about this? We don't know this one, he might even be from an evil dimension sent here to destroy us! How can you trust this stallion?!" Ally says to Fezzy in a hushed tone. Fezzy's expression also turns serious.

"Blimey, do you think I just trust every other bloke I meet who says he's the Doctor? Well actually I do... But that is not the point here. I know this stallion can be dangerous. His technology is about 150 years ahead of mine!" Fezzy replies in a hushed tone. "It's better we stick with this 'Doctor' in case he turns out to be trouble. I've got a-" He stops as Stuffy walks back into the console room.

"Hm? You've got a-?" Stuffy asks, noticing that Fezzy stopped his sentence when he saw him. Stuffy starts to push some buttons on the console.

Fezzy comes up with the first excuse to enter his mind. "TARDIS. I've got a TARDIS. If we go with you, where am I going to park it?" He asks.

"Oh, easy. In mine!" Stuffy said, pressing a blue button on the console. Before the confused Fezzy could ask, Fezzy's TARDIS materializes in the console room of Stuffy's TARDIS.

"Isn't that a paradox?" Ally asks.

"Not if that's someone else's TARDIS. Time and Relative Dimension in Space." Stuffy explains, enjoying this. "His TARDIS was transported to this TARDIS' dimension. That's all I could dumb down for... You two."

"I know what that meant!" An annoyed Fezzy shoots back. Stuffy just smiles.

"I'm Ally Harmony, by the way." Ally suddenly said to Stuffy. She barely notices the confusion in Stuffy's eyes for a split second. She then proceeds to walk up to the even-more complicated console. This console had lots and lots of screens attached to it, with various tech mumbo-jumbo on them. She studies them for a while.

"So... 'Stuffy'... Tell me about your dimension." Fezzy asks, joining Stuffy and Ally at the console. Stuffy suddenly looks serious, with a sadness in his eyes.

"...Just a normal dimension, that's all. Almost exactly like yours!" Stuffy chirps. "I had to leave because... Let's say that dimension will be safe even without my presence." Stuffy added. Fezzy looked at Stuffy suspiciously, but then accepted his statements and resumed reading the screens.

"Hey- We're parked in Ponyville, right? Let's go check it out! Give the new guy a tour will ya?" Stuffy suggested.

"Why not." Ally replied cheerfully, Fezzy nodding.

------------------------------------------------------------

Stuffy, Fezzy and Ally are now trotting through Ponyville, although the streets are deserted. Fezzy is smiling, and Ally is showing an awestruck Stuffy around the town.

"Wow. So different than the Ponyville from my dimension. That was all... Dust and prisons." Stuffy said. Fezzy looked confused.

"I thought you said your dimension wasn't that different from ours?" Fezzy asked suspiciously.

"Well, one of the differences being that Ponyville was an off-the-map slave town." Stuffy said. Then he noticed the lack of ponies out and about. "Where is everypony?" He asked. Ally then also noticed the lack of ponies.

"Hm. That's strange." Ally said. She then noticed a pony hiding behind a house. "Hey, let's ask that pony." She pointed out. The trio made their way to the pony, who suddenly jumped out at them- Levitating a spear. The pony was a stallion, wearing a tie. He was blue, with white hair. "Hi-yah!" He yelled. When he noticed that the trio were ponies, he dropped the spear.

"Who the buck are you?!" Stuffy yelled, shocked. He backed up a bit. "More importantly, why did you try to kill us about five seconds ago!"

"Sorry. Thought you were them metal mice." The stallion replied.

"Metal... Mice...? What?" Fezzy asked, confused like the other two.

"Looks like you are new to this town. For the past week or two, metal mice have been tormenting the town. We can't get rid of them- And if you try, you get shocked!" The stallion explained like it was nothing.

"That explains why everypony is hiding..." Fezzy mumbled. "And look at you, trying to kill 'Metal Mice' with a spear. What was your strategy?" Fezzy asked. The stallion looked embarrassed.

"I thought it might work. Somepony's gotta take a stand." He explained. Then he looked a bit serious. "And who are you?"

"I'm the Doc- 'Stuffy'. Call me..." Stuffy said, giving a mean look to Ally. "Stuffy. What about you?"

"Foresight." The stallion replied.

"Let's catch one, then! A metal mouse!" Fezzy chirped happily.

"You crazy?" Foresight sneered. Fezzy took out his sonic screwdriver, scanning for alien life forms.

"Found a signal, follow me!" Fezzy said. He ran off towards Ponyville Market. Ally and Stuffy looked at each other, and then ran after him. Foresight looked confused, before following them anyway. After they reached the abandoned Market, Fezzy motioned for them to be silent. He crouched down near a stall, and then grabbed something fast. He pulled it out, revealing what actually did look like a metal mouse. "Aha!" He yelled. But then he was shocked by the mouse, causing him to drop it.

"Follow it!" Stuffy yelled, running after it. Foresight followed Stuffy relucantly. Ally ran up to Fezzy.

"You alright there?" Ally asked, worried.

"Yes... Yes. I'm resistant to electric shocks. Used to them. Follow them!" Fezzy said, running after Foresight. Ally followed. After a while of running, the metal mouse entered a cave-like hole in Ponyville Park.

"Keep following it!" Stuffy said, jumping into the hole. "Geronimo!"

Foresight looked shocked. "I'm not jumping down there!" He yelled.

"Move it or lose it, Foresight!" Fezzy yelled, running past Foresight and jumping into the hole. Ally jumped in after him. Foresight looked really opposed to the idea of jumping down there. He jumped anyway, closing his eyes. Down below, they all fall into a hard... Metal floor. They get up, looking around. They were in a room. The floor and walls were made of shiny iron, but the ceiling was pretty much like a cave's. There were doors.

"Definitely looks like trouble." Ally said. "I wonder if-" She started, as all of the doors opened. Ponies made of metal stormed the room, surrounding the stunned group from all sides.

"Are these ponies...? Made of... Metal?" Ally asked the obvious, but it needed to be asked.

"Delete." One of them said. Soon all of them started closing in on the group, yelling 'Delete'.

"Trouble alright." Stuffy gulped.

To be continued...