• Published 27th Nov 2013
  • 927 Views, 27 Comments

The Monster from the Stars - HoltBrony



When a black alicorn falls from the sky the rulers, and an enemy of equestria vie to turn the alicorn to their side. But this mysterious alicorn is on no one side, only his.

  • ...
7
 27
 927

The Monster Awakens

Celestia was looking at the night sky such a beautiful sight. It just was beautiful when Luna set the moon and stars. Luna walked slowly behind her sister as to not accidentally disturb her happy mood.

Celestia turned to see her dark blue coated sister "Hello sister I was just admiring your night sky I could never make it quite as beautiful as yours". Luna looked up at the stars of her night sky smiling, and suddenly a burning ball of fire flew across the sky roaring embers as it went across the sky.

The meteor went north and crashed over the horizon in a flash of orange. Celestia and Luna, the rulers of Equestria, stood contemplating at what this meteor could hold inside. As the sisters looked at the direction of the meteor, and a letter appeared in a puff of green smoke.

Celestia grabbed the scroll with her magic, and opened the letter "It's from Princess Twilight", her eyes continued reading then widened. "Apparently that meteor was a pony..., and it looked like it had wings and a horn", Celestia paused and shared a look with Luna of realization.

"An Alicorn". Luna paced on the balcony "We must gather all of Equestria's forces and tell Princess Cadence to send Shining armor and...",

Celestia held up a hoof "Sister you need to calm yourself", She didn't want her sister to jump to conclusions, and she didn't like to see her sister upset

Luna stomped a hoof angrily using the royal canterlot voice "An Alicorn appears from the heavens and could potentially become a threat or is already a threat". She pointed a hoof to the northern border of Equestria. Luna turned away from Celestia "If we don't make contact with him or her as soon as possible they could be corrupted to chaos",

Luna turned her head to look at her sister, and her eyes became slits. "You and I know that the Dark king's soul still persists in the northern snow." Celesta nodded, "Yes we will gather our forces but only for the worst case scenario", Celestia smiled confidently at her sister. "We have dealt with great threats many a time a thousand years ago", she paused "And we have Princess Twilight and Princess Cadance this time",

Luna nodded "Yes, sister truly we are mightier than before, but I am worried that with the elements of harmony sealed in the tree of harmony. That we are significantly crippled in our ability to counter a mighty foe".

Suddenly a small rumble went through the ground. The sisters looked toward the northern border of Equestria.

- - - -

In a crater filled with fire and snow a black armored alicorn was bleeding from multiple cuts deep and shallow over his frame. Slowly his chest moved up and down he stirred "Ugh" his eyes opened, and a mane of fire burst from his neck.

The Alicorn dusted himself off then paused as he looked at his hooves "Huh" he tapped his hooves together. "I seem to have become an Equine like creature, but I still have my scales".

The alicorn felt all over his body "A horn, Wings but I'm not even...", he paused took a deep breath and a plume of fire came out his mouth and he moved his hooves to condense the fire into a ball then snuffed the flame. "I can still do that, but its more difficult to control without fingers".

The alicorn moved all his limbs, beat his wings and cracked his neck. "Now lets see what this body can do." He lifted his hooves and slammed them into the dirt around him.

- - - -

The impact was felt all over Equestria in Ponyvile potted plants fell from window sills, In Manehattan windows of apartments cracked across the city, Canterlot felt a small rumble, and The Crystal empire experienced a small earthquake awaking much of the populace out of their beds. Princess Cadence and Shining armor began calming down the citizens as the tremors subsided.

- - - -

As the Alicorn observed the indent he had made and the tremor he had caused he nodded. "So I'm running at 30 percent strength well I guess I could feed on the local wildlife until I am able to leave here and go back to my Home". He stood on his legs wobbling for a short moment, and he began to beat his wings and he flew out of his crater. As he landed on the snow around him with a thump.

Then he paused ears moving and he sniffed the air turning toward the Crystal Empire. "I smell and hear a major population of...Ponies", he paused contemplating "It seems that my strength test caused quite a panic among the population". The red eyes looked up at the horn "I wonder what this horn can do". He concentrated his energy into his forehead and a blast of fire came from his horn. The alicorn began to manipulate his magic flames into multiple tendrils of fire, and used them on hills of snow melting them in a instant. A black smile formed on the alicorn's lips "That's a new one".

The head of the black pony scanned the horizon and saw a strange purple light. "Whats that", the alicorn said as he opened his wings and soared into the air. He saw a red horn on a hill surrounded by black crystals. The alicorn leaned down closer to the horn, "Hello there mighty alicorn", a dark incorporeal voice came from the horn. The alicorn looked unfazed looking down on the horn "Is that what my new form is called". A shadow came from the horn "Yes in this world ponies who are a Unicorn, and a Pegasus are called Alicorns". The Alicorns eye followed the shadow intensely glaring at its incorporeal form. "You know", the alicorn growled "you remind me of someone I don't like, but I appreciate the information... I should be on my way". The shadow shimmered in the firelight "May I ask you what is your name", the alicorn looked over his shoulder and said "I am known as Grithumbar WorldBreaker". Sombra smiled This one is perfect for my plans. The shadow grew tendrils and attacked Grithumbar going down his nostrils and his mouth when he roared in anger.

- - - -

Suddenly the area around them disappeared and Grithumbar was in a throne room of metal his adopted sister Elexis one of the few people he loved in all of existence was fighting alongside him. She smiled such a wondrous sight, and then a shadow tore her from him. She screamed for him but he could not reach her he was being pulled by tendrils of shadow.

Figures of shadow were surrounding her grabbing at her tearing her clothes off violating her, and he could do nothing just watch as she screamed for him to save her. Then one of the figures grabbed a knife and...

- - - -

"Grithumbar Snap out of it!!!" Grithumbar awoke surrounded by a city destroyed he was in his original body. "Garoshavann what happened?"

A massive dragon flew down and landed with a thud that felled a skyscraper. "Some shadow appeared into our mind and began showing you your worst fears. The dragons maw formed a frown "I was able to chase him off..though he escaped my grasp".

The dragon layed down and put his head on his arms "We need to return and destroy our enemies, but I feel where we are is not even our plane of existence". T

The dragon looked around "Perhaps the wormhole we fell through was a dimensional tear and changed your body to this equine we now are".

Grithumbar paced hand on his chin contemplating "Yes, you should keep trying to find that shadow, and cast him out while I try to recuperate so we will be at full strength when we return". Garoshavann nodded and flew into the air and began searching for the shadow.

- - - -

Grithumbar opened his eyes shook his head in the morning sun and flew toward the Crystal Empire. Inside Grithumbar's mind Sombra smiled all he had to do was wait for his brainwashing to take effect, "Yessss this will do nicely".

-Chapter 1 End-

Author's Note:

Here it is my first Chapter of The Monster From The Stars:The Monster Awakens. Please tell me what you think as this is my first time writing a fanfic-crossover. The story as stated in the overview is my character Grithumbar a lizard humanoid is transported to the pony-verse. And if someone feels I should write more show characters in, or want cameos for their OC's I could see what I could do:) (if i spell of grammar something wrong feel free to correct me and let me know in a nice fashion I will appreciate it.)