• Published 28th Oct 2013
  • 1,037 Views, 3 Comments

Concord of Destiny - Zeta Dragon



You find yourself arriving in Equestria after investigating a strange portal. To make matters worse you had a run in with an alien species known as the watchers who turned you into a pony.

  • ...
2
 3
 1,037

Chapter One: The Last Gateway

CONCORD OF DESTINY
CHAPTER 1 THE LAST GATEWAY





“Come on Anon, you’re so slow.” Finn said as he trekked over small shaggy bushes through the forest.

You always loved the forest the smell of the trees giving off a natural musk, how the sunlight pierced through the treetops in a barrage of rays shining down glistening off the fresh dew of the rainfall from the night before. The small rainbows nestled where the air was thick with water droplets. Your friend Finn who you had been best friends with for a little over a year now came running into your small house claiming he found “Something.” At least that’s the best you could comprehend he was talking so fast, something about a gateway or something. You thought nothing of it as Finn had a habit of getting you two into hi-jinks all the time. It seemed you were either, running for your lives, exploring a deep dark cave then running for your lives, or exploring a deep dark cave WHILE running for your lives. Anyway Finn had found his adventure for the week for you two to embark on.

“What is it this time Finn?” you ask

“Weren't you listening? I found something in these woods it was like a big shimmering portal thing.”

“A big shimmering portal thing, are you feeling OK?” You ask not really inclined to believe that a “big shimmering portal thing” would just plop itself down in the woods just outside your small town.

“I’m FINE!” Finn snapped back at you clearly seeing that you didn't believe him.

“Well how much father we've been walking for miles.” You say annoyed. You didn't have anything to do today but hiking through the woods with Finn chasing a portal thing wasn't at the top of your list.

“We’re almost there, ya wimp.” Finn says as he continues walking using his arms to separate overgrown bushes in the way of the small dirt path.

You follow pushing the bushes back out of the way of your path. The pine needles of the bushes prick at your bare arms. Your push your way through as they leave you skin red and irritated. The tall slender trunks of the trees pass by you as you continue following your friend. He wasn't easy to lose since he had a bright red shirt on, you were thankful for this because he was pretty far ahead of you clearly eager for you to see his discovery.

Eventually Finn stops and turns to beckon towards you to hurry up, you quicken your walk into a small jog as you run up to meet your friend. In front of you was a thick layer of bush that looked to almost seal off a part of the woods. The bushes were far thicker than those you pushed your way through to get here. They were lush and green with countless pine needles poking out in all directions.

“It’s just past these bushes.” Finn said

“How do we get through?” you ask “And how exactly did you find this?”

“Honestly……I tripped and fell through to the other side, there a small clearing where the portal is. We can push through, It is possible it’s not easy but it’ll be worth it trust me.”

You wanted to trust your best friend but you were about 99% sure that this would lead you to a clearing with absolutely nothing in it. Using all you’re might you muster yourself up bracing for the onslaught of the pricks of the pine needles. You figure it’s best to get a small running start then just sprint through. Finn does the same; you both take a few steps back and give each other a quick glance. Finn nods as if to tell you again that it’ll be worth it and you should trust him, but at this point you just want to satisfy his little sense of adventure so you can go home. Finn holds up three fingers moving his hand in a countdown beat. One by one his fingers lower until he clenches his fists and you both charge headfirst into the relentless brush.

You push through the bushes feeling the small swipes of the pine needles carve up your skin as you feel the resistance of the shrubs pushing back against you. Finally the resistance vanishes as you emerge from the bushes falling flat on your face.

“OW!” you groan muffled by your face full of grass. This area looked different…it felt different. Where the forest’s dirt path covered in weeds now laid a plush field of soft grass. Each individual blade gently caressed you skin it was so soft it almost felt like a bed sheet. You raise you head and look over to your right where Finn had landed and was in the process of climbing to his knees. You tensed your arms and pushed against the ground lifting you up to your knees knelt down in the soft grass. Finn then put his arm around you and pointed with his free arm.

“Anon…….Look!”

When you tilted your head up to take in the sight your friend was pointing at……you could hardly believe it. In front of you was a large stone arch that wrapped around the top of a small hill. The arch was smooth with some texture near the top where the weather had worn away at the stone. In the center filling up the empty space between the arches was what looked almost like a mirror except it showed no reflection but a vast plain rich with grass and farmland. In the distance was a large purple snow capped mountain with a jagged peak. You could swear you saw something protruding from the side of the mountain; it almost looked like a castle. The sky was different through the “mirror”; the sky looked like normal cyan on a warm summer day. A light blue with a cascade of cumulus clouds making it look just like a painting. You tilted your head up even further past the top of the arch and saw that your own sky had changed from the sun shining through the trees to a Celestial Twilight of purple and gold the sun’s rays reflecting off the large puffy clouds yielding to the stars above.

“See I told you there was a Magic gateway.” Finn smirked.

“Finn what the hell is this?” you question.

“If I knew why would I have brought you?” Finn said.

“Well we should be careful I have no clue as to what this thing is.”

“I told you I think it’s a portal of some kind.”

You saw what he was talking about the land that you saw within the arch did look like it had depth to it like you could almost cross over to the world in this ……portal.

You could barely move yet you found the strength to stand along with Finn as the two of you just looked at the massive portal in quiet awe. The world seemed to come to a standstill as you lost yourself in the world on the other side. The silence is broken however when you hear an eerie whisper seeming to address you.

“Did you hear that?” You ask Finn

“Hear what?” Finn says.

“That whisper.” You say turning back to face the portal.

“Anon don’t even try to scare me like that OK, you’re terrible at it.” Finn scoffed.

“No I’m not joking I heard-”

The whisper came again louder, you couldn't make out what it was saying but Finn finally heard it.

“Holy hell what was that?” Finn says.

“See I told you.” You say.

Finn suddenly pressed his hands to his head and began screaming.

“AAAAH It’s in my head!”

“Finn what the hell is wrong with you!” you shout.

Finn slowly began to walk towards the portal.

“GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!” He screams.

“FINN WHAT ARE YOU DOING GET BACK HERE!” You scream.

Finn keeps walking towards the portal as you quickly sprint in front of him. You use all your strength to try to stop him but he pushes through you knocking you onto the ground. His eyes look dazed as if he isn't conscious.

“Finn!” you yell again hoping to get his attention as he inches even closer to the Portal. Finn then takes his hands off his head and holds them out in front of him.

“NO FINN DON’T!” you shout again.

No good Finn’s just now inches from the portal his hands fully outreached. You look to the top of the portal where you see rays of light beginning to form bursting from the world inside. Finn reaches for the portal.

“FINN DON’T TOUCH IT!!!” You give one final shout but it’s too late. Finn’s hand comes in contact with the portal as the picture of the world ripples like he touched his hand to a pool of water. You then hear a loud whine as the lights at the top grow in intensity. You cover your ears unable to withstand the high pitched screech tearing at your eardrum, you squint your eyes. Within a second a white light flashes encumbering all of your vision shaking the whole world around you. You can’t even comprehend the feeling as you feel like ….nothing. You then look down and see that your feet are no longer on the ground as you’re ascending upwards to the center of the portal. You can’t control your direction and fight helplessly against whatever magic has ensnared you. You feel a force dragging you towards the massive ripple. As you pass through a massive sensation rocks your entire body as your feel yourself in free-fall over the great plain you were looking at a few moments ago. You feel the sting of the wind on your eyes and the pressure of the air on your body as you plummet towards the land. You pass through a few clouds that obscure the land in a fog. The great plain then reemerges into your view looming closer and closer. You now reach terminal velocity as you can barely breathe in the thin atmosphere at the height you’re at. You feel your heart thundering in your chest. You don’t know what happened to your friend or what’s going on. You now fall past the jagged peek of the purple mountain in the distance. Your assumption was right as you see a massive castle and what you guess to be an entire city protruding from the side of the great monolith. Your vision fades to black just before you hit the ground.

You awake in a field much similar to that of the portal. Soft grass brushes your bare skin. You take a few deep breaths wondering if you’re dreaming, there was no way you could’ve survived that fall….could you? You place a hand to your head getting up on your knees. You look around. Sure enough you are in that scene that the portal showed. You landed in a field out in the middle of nowhere from the looks of it. You think you can see a small village off in the distance other than a few scattered trees and rivers the castle on the mountain is really the only sign of civilization.

“Oh where am I?” you say aloud. “Finn, Finn!” you call out for your friend but no answer.

A soft yet strong breeze blows around you as you feel the wind whip through your hair. You vision begins to fade as your overcome with a dizzy feeling. You see a silhouette approach you but it’s not human. It looks more like that of some kind of animal. As it draws closer you squint, your brain trying to register every detail. You see that it is indeed an animal of some kind. It grew closer and its shape came into full view. It was an Equine being, Huge maybe three times your size. It had a horn on its head and wings on its back. You stood up still only coming up to about where its legs met its body. The creature’s coat was nearly pitch black as it spread its wings out to their full length. Suddenly its face changed as two golden eyes what you only assumed all they were, were golden spheres of fire that stared at you. You crunched up your body a little being intimidated by this creature. It flared its eyes sending a spark up its horn. Another flash of light erupted from its long curved horn as you nearly double took at the site. The creature split into seven copies of itself, each one with the same “Fire eyes” only different colors. All colors of the spectrum. They encircled you these giants preventing your escape from all angles. Suddenly you heard a Booming voice erupt from inside your mind.

“WE ARE THE WATCHERS.” The voice said.

You somehow mustered up the courage to speak. Though you weren't sure where the voice in your head was coming from you believed it to be from these equines before you.

“Wh-where am I.”

“YOU HAVE TRESPASSED IN THE WORLD OF EQUIS!”

“Trespassed?” you say unsure.

“YOUR KIND IS NOT MEANT TO EXIST IN THIS WORLD!” The voice booms again.

You are now starting to shake out of fear. Were these watchers going to kill you? Where were you? All you wanted to do was go home or wake up from this if it was a dream.

“I ASSURE YOU THIS IS NO DREAM!” The creature boomed yet again.

“How did you.” You stutter out.

“WE KNOW ALL, OUR LAWS ARE UNBREAKABLE. YOUR KIND WAS NEVER MEANT TO EXIST IN THIS WORLD, YET WE CANNOT ALLOW YOU TO LEAVE.”

You now started to really panic. Here were seven monstrous creatures talking about how you were not supposed to see any of this or even exist here, and now they weren’t going to let you leave? It was too much you felt tears begin to swell in your eyes thinking that this was indeed the end to your life.

“DO NOT FEAR YOUR DESTINY BUT EMBRACE IT.” The watchers said.

“What? What are you talking about my Destiny?”

“BECOME….WHAT WE ALWAYS KNEW YOU WERE BORN TO BE!.........ANON!”

Your eyes widen as your tears instantly stop. You look up in wonder as to how it knew your name, if they could read your mind though, and know everything about you…..?

“And what is it that I was born to be?” you ask your face still bearing a worried look.

The fire eyes of all the Watchers flared as they all cast a spark up their horns. The spell made a deafening sound of electricity crackling. You see the full rainbow spectrum of magic as it forms a prism above your head. You look up at the entrancing display of light when suddenly it fires down hitting you, piercing you all the way to your soul. The pain is so much it brings you down to all fours. You can’t take anymore as you scream out.

“AAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!”

It feels as though your body is being ripped apart, your skin being torn from its muscles. You hear your bones cracking if being ground to dust. A throbbing pain lights up your chest as you feel your heart may explode at any moment. You feel different. You feel your ears being pulled and molded into a fine point. You feel your skull being re shaped as your face burns stretching to unnatural proportions. You open your eyes just a glimpse and see what appears to be a muzzle forming on your face. You grind your head down to your hands and see your fingers “retracting” into the base of your hands. As you feel the palms of your hands begin to harden. You whip your head down to your feet and see a similar thing. Your toes being pushed in while you whole foot changes shape into a more round premise, the watchers still unleashing the full power of their magic down onto you. You arch your back in agony screaming out again. From either side of your back you feel something growing protruding, puncturing what was left of your lower shoulder blades about midway down your back. You look to either side and see the new muscles continuing to grow in length. You feel your arms and legs getting stretched and new muscles filling them blazing to a heightened physique. You look at your hands again and see that they are now non-existent. They have instead been replaced by hooves, same with your feet. You can now see your new muzzle in the center corners of your eyes. It begins to puffin up a bit adjusting your face to compensate. You feel your chin getting more square and rigid, within your mouth your canines begin retracting and your teeth level out into a flat ridge. The pain begins to dull as you look at the twisted pile of flesh that you now are. You think your eyes are playing tricks on you when you see a golden hue applied to your entire body. You then feel a tickle throughout your whole person as you realize your growing fur! Bright golden pastel color fur! You feel the same thing happening on your head as you feel a streaming mane plant itself gently on your neck. You feel something brush against the back of your thighs as you turn your head and see that you’re growing a tail. Long and black with a blue stripe coursing down the middle. You catch a glimpse of the new limbs you have on the side of your body. Wings! Large golden wings. Cascades of feathers formed draping down like an unfurling curtain. You look back to the watchers. You think to ask them why they are cursing you with this fate. The prism of color that formed over you now dissipated into a sparkling dust. You lied there in the soft grass panting the pain still shooting through your body. The main watcher with the gold fire eyes that you first met sent up another spark. This time buckets of water came flowing from his horn as if a waterfall just appeared out of the air. The water cast a small rainbow behind it as it soaked the grass around you. However it was the reflection of you in the water that caught your attention. What you saw of yourself was that you were no longer a man….but a pony.

You sighed at the reflection of yourself; there was no way this could be happening. The watcher ended the spell as the seven of them vanished one by one around you as you sighed deeply again. A sudden drowsiness washed over you as sleep claimed your helpless will.

Author's Note:

Well there's Chapter One. This is my first attempt at writing a Second Person Fic and it's my Second Fanfic total. Hope you guys enjoy! I hope to have more coming soon. Wish you all the best.

-Zeta