• Published 24th Oct 2013
  • 507 Views, 8 Comments

The Vast Unknown - FLUTTERxxDASH



This story revolves around a pony who isn't your average colt, Dawn was born into this world with different looks than the average pony, Y'know, 2 horns, and the runes on his body weren't a dead give away of this fact and why is Luna s

  • ...
1
 8
 507

Truths revealed

A few days had passed at the palace and Dawn spent his days in an study room given by Princess Celestia, old scrolls were past to him showing old texts of his past civilization, all looks like a pile of shit to me Dawn, most were just letters to and from between kingdoms and some were maps of how his country had been laid out.

"Shit to you Shadow but to me this was where I should come from but instead I am here, with only a few memories of the red sky and a black castle but then nothing, I always thought it weird, not one pony looked like me all these years then I find out my race was banished due to something happening to their royalty, how did I get here? whats my purpose if I was sent here through the realms?"

The snake upon Dawn did not reply apart from a quick huff, not like you would know anyways, were both in the same boat haha guess all we can do is search for more answers, its a never ending journey for us, "well no use just sitting here I me...."


The door opened to the study as the navy blue alicorn walked in, "Sorry to intrude but Dawn do you mind coming with me for a few hours there is something I would like to discuss in private between just us," for and instant Dawn thought he saw the goddess twitch, must be my imagination, "It is something important and it involves your people, only myself and celestia know this information and I have finally descided to share this information with you."

Dawn stood up from his desk that has papers spread across it and faced Luna, "ofcourse your majesty, may I inquire where it is we'll be going?"

Luna started to turn as Dawn came closer, "its to my quarters where my balcony is, you see I will first raise the moon so that my sister can rest and then we can have our discussion in private in my room where no magic or peering eyes can penetrate," the alicorn looked to be jittery about something but Dawn pushed it to the back of his mind.

"Okay lets go then Princes...."

"Luna should do for now"

"Okay Luna, lead the way," both head off down the corridor.


Luna's quarters


Dawn could feel the strong pull of magic coming from Luna as she pulled the moon over the mountains and set its course through the night sky, "Ah, there we go, now please Dawn have a seat we have much to discuss about you're race and what I have to tell you, I could not give this information away in front of Twilight as she would be told when I have my answer from you"

The mare had an inquizitive look as she sat across from Dawn, her eyes would wip around as she looks at his features, Is there something on me or what?, "Erm Luna is there something wrong or something I'm missing because you seem to be desturbed by something?"

"No, no, its nothing, now to the matter at hand..... wait a sec!" Luna powered her horn again as a blue hue appeared around the two again, Dawn looked around instantly wondering what was happening, "do not worry it is a spell that stops prying ears and eyes from hearing and seeing our conversation, now what I'm going to reveal tonight might be shocking but all true," for a second Luna became quiet as she closed her eyes, she breathed in and out fully knowing what reaction she was about to here, suddenly her ehtereal hair set alight around her body then as fast as it appeared went back to where it was but it changed slightly.

"what but thats not possible is it?" Dawn was shocked beyond thoughts.

"thu fuck, even I'm suprised by this one, how the fuck did you do that, are you taking the piss out of us you bitch!!"

"SHADOW!! no matter what even if this was a jok.."

Luna interupted Dawn as he told off his counterpart, "It is no joke, this is all real!" Luna had changed, her appearance now donning bat wings, her mane more like fire than blowing in the wind, eyes that were slit and had spikes with their golden glow, protruding teeth like a wolves, markings up her face and leg similar to Dawns and two curved horns at the sides of her ears about a length longer than Dawns, "It is real and I can explain why I look like this"

Dawn closed his mouth and glared at the mare infront of him, "why, why didn't you tell me sooner, you talked to grandpa for so many years and you knew of my appearence, so why the fuck! did you not show up to give me guidance, tell me why!?" even though he was clearly angry the young colt had a stream of tears leaving his eyes, "did grandpa know, tell me!"

Guilt struck the princess' face, knowing all too well that this was expected from the colt, "it was for your best to be brought up without external powers such as I to affect your upbringing and your granfather Railin did know but he never agreed with me he wished for me to come see you and teach you illusionary magic to disguise yourself but I think it was best for you to understand the hardships of life before I came but my plan fell when Railin died, you were lost to me, I searched nightly through the minds of everypony to find you but I could never reach you," tears began to stream from her face, "really I didn't mean for you to have to search for so long trying to find answers if I had known sooner of his health I would have come sooner"

"But you didn't you left Dawn to himself, do you know what some ponies did to him, the way they looked at him, DO YOU!!"

"Its okay Shadow it isn't her fault, but nevertheless if I'd have known of you sooner life would haven't have been as hard, I gained many scares both physical and mental from ponies who couldn't accept me so if that is the lesson you wanted me to learn then be happy I have thurough knoledge in that department"

Luna's face contorted in many emotions but her eyes never left contact with Dawns, "I....I..I..*Hic* I didn't mean for that to happen but I..I.I can only say that I'm sorry, *haa* *haaaa* I have more to......to tell you"

Dawns face grew more annoyed, "more"

Luna clearly saw that Dawn was not happy at the revelation of his world literally being planned out, "your grandfather knew this information as well and kept it until his grave, I know who is your father, I know him very well in fact"

"you knew my family, how? who were they?" Dawns face went from angry to confused.

"You and I Dawn come from the same tree, our father, was King shenrik," all tears had stopped and she heard but silence coming from Dawns mouth, ushering her to carry on, "I do not know of your mother but I do know our father, he was a fair king and just while he ruled, but when my mother passed on because of me!! *kktch*, because of me he gave in to the darkness, he became Malick the overlord, he waged war against Celestias father only to be banished, Celestias father died shortly after but I was found laying under a dead guard on the battlefield by him, he looked at me with tearful eyes, he asked his wife to let me into his family, the same spawn of the monster that had him o his deathbed"

"but ah.."

"I don't know what happened but I am definitely his daughter as you are his son, we both carry the same traits, I gave into my darkness near a thousand years ago when I became nightmare moon, the only thing that could stop me was my dearest elder sister Cele, I spent one thousand years on the moon, when I got back I needed to adjust to society that's when I met your grandfather on his trip back from his forest house to pick up things from his house in Canterlot, he discussed with me some life stories and you were the one I picked up on, knowing you were like me I had to find out what your magic was like to see if you had the same fate as I," A blue mist appeared out of her horns that had speckles of white glittering in it, "What I found was that you did have the same fate, sealed by misfortune to the darkness within, I decided to let you learn the harshness of the world before you came to the castle so not to be spoil by our royalty, knowing you would have a righteous upbringing would help you deceive the darkness, this darkness only came with being part of the Devicorn Royalty"

These two words had been shown throughout all the texts he read of the past country, 'Devicorn Royalty' much like the alicorns they were the gods that were worshiped by they respective pony kind, "Are you saying that were both Devicorns, that cant be true because even if I am one where is my magic that can be used for everyday use and where are my wings, it just isn't possible," confused and annoyed Dawn just didn't know what to think.

Luna began to walk over from her seat and pointed a hoof at the seals on his body, "you wont remember but your grandfather put these seals upon you're body when he found you in the woods," she then pointed at his neck where three rather visible neck scars were, "It was then that you should have died if you were lucky but it seems destiny had something else in store for you, Now! Dawn this is the question I have for you, now you know my true form and who our family is do you want to accept your royal position as my acting son and release your wind and growth seal or do you wish to ignore everything you have learnt, I will give you to tomorrow at midnight to decide, both I and Celestia will get ready to break the seals should you want them to be," Luna turned around but Dawn could feel throughout his body, Luna was crying, it is his choice, if he does accept his royal position next is to reveal ourselves to the public as he has nearly broke through, Luna walked away from her study closing the door behind her.


Shadow came around but this time he had no tone of being sadistic but one more calmer, "are you alright Dawn, I can feel that your uneasy about this whole situation, what are you going to do"

Dawn turned to the snake that was rubbing up against his neck, "Truthfully I really have no clue, I seem to be really clueless lately don't I?, Still I can't be royalty it just too much to handle, what can I do Shadow can we really believe what we just heard, what do you think?"

"you really want my opinion, trust our gut and what I think its saying is that you gotta sleep and then see what tomorrows day brings, really D just live a little, they'll be no more hiding and no more long journeys if we stay here, so I say go for it, what can we really lose we have no home, no family, well apart from Luna and no friends, all we really had was the old git and hes gone now so........ just sayin' there nothing to lose"

"okay well thanks I guess it best to go sleep then and see what happens tomorrow night"


Eleven forty nine, next day


"well this is it Dawn, you wanted the real truth hear it is behind these giant golden doors," the duo stood in an hallway that had dim lighting, many of the guards that usually were there was replaced by guards wearing dark blue armor.

"Dawn, we have been waiting your just on time, the Princess' are just through these doors," the husky voice came from the pony on his right who was in the shadows of the dark.

"So I just walk in right?"

"Yes, just walk in"

"Right one hoof at a time"

"C'mon you pussy hurry the fuck up will you," startling Dawn and the guard Shadow shouts into his ear.

"AAAH! for fuck sake Shadow fine, alright here we go," Dawn pushed on the door that opened with ease as he walked into the room, BAMM!!, the door slammed behind him, "holy fuck"

"do you have your answer for us Dawn?"

"AAAH! FOR FUCK SAKE!!!" DON'T SNEAK UP ON ME!"

"even if you chose not to join us it looks like I'm going to have to teach you proper speaking etiquette or its a bar of soap," the white alicorn chuckled to herself as the red mane in front of her jolted.

"I'm sorry you just caught me by surprise is all"

Luna walked forward next to Celestia with her disguise back up, "So I presume you have made your decision child?"

"Yes, I.... we thought it best to accept our position in order to better understand where we really stand in this world, after last night I think there will be a need for me, you spoke of destiny, I don't want to disappoint my weavers then do I?"

Luna perked up at this and sprung at Dawn into a hug shocking him again, "Well then I think it best we release what binds you nephew," A smile grew on Celestias face as Dawn realized as to why Luna grabbed him.

Luna felt pushing at her chest and pulled ever more tightly, "*ugg* You know I am seventeen right?"

The white alicorn became confused at this, "only seventeen, you look around Twenty to me, I have had Ponies follow you as helping hooves but in every report I had you seemed to have an adults aura in the reports"

"didn't you know from Lunas letters?"

"I never knew of them until around two years ago when she asked me to help her find you, I thought it best to let you stay on your journey until you matured more but it seems that I had miscalculated somethings, you're a lot younger than I thought but nevertheless It changes nothing as in our years you are but a baby to our kind"

"yes sister and now he is my little foal to dote upon, come this way into the center so that we may prepare, I will not lie, this is going to hurt, when a seal is broken the appendage or affected area will grow back to the way it is supposed to look," Dawn cringed at this, "but fear not for when you are done with your ascension we will be here to comfort you and care for you"

Is it just me or does she creep you out how affectionate shes being?

"How will I look after erm...... my ascension?"

Luna walked back to a moon that was on the floor, Celestia at hers, "Do not worry my child, you will soon see"


ASCENSION


The room shook, glyph on the floor aglow a dark red, Luna released her Illusion and Celestia spread her wings making the moon light direct at Dawn, Luna began making smoke the same color as her mane and spread it around Dawn, "the first seal will be broken get ready, Dawn, don't be afraid!" her voice only just audible from the violent shakes, his back leg felt magic around it then, *SNAP* the colt let out a scream as his bones began to break, each relined then broke again as his body grew to its natural shape, "Now the second and final one we will release, Dawn your nearly done hang in there," Lunas voice could not be heard by the colt who was in searing agony, he felt the pressure once again but on his back this time, His skin tore open as two white nibs protruded his back, the skin that was ripped grew over them just to be ripped again in an agonizing process as his wings built themselves from scratch, with a final breath all the pain slowly began to subside within his body, the mist withdrew to show the new Devicorn with patches of red on his back and different areas where his skin split from his sudden growth, "there now rest my son, the hard part is over, I will cleanse you as you sleep.

As everything faded to black a faint whisper creep-ed into Dawns mind, "Finally we are released".

Author's Note:

Sera: well then thats the start of this story done
Dawn: why do I sound so fru fru
Sera: you dont sound fru fru
Shadow: you kinda do actually, same to you sera you fucked up once dont do it again or il bite your flank into next year
Sera: wow even my characters give me trouble, Fluttershy would you be a dear and do the credits
Shadow: lazy ass, no offense
Random Mule: non taken, woah what the hell are you *runs off*
Fluttershy: Erm.. if you think I would be good then okay....... Sera doesn't own anypony apart from Dawn and Shadow any others are affiliates of Hasbro
Shadow: you told her to say what
Sera: its true tho aint it
Shadow: thats it *chomps onto Seras flank*
Sera: ARRRGH! I have to see you guys next chapter!! BYE OWWWW!!!