• Published 23rd Oct 2013
  • 1,409 Views, 5 Comments

Crossing Worlds - Bronygirl6729



A story about...you! Your journey to Equestria, your adventures there, and villains you fight are all included!

  • ...
2
 5
 1,409

Doing Some Digging

Chapter Five: Doing Some Digging

Hey bronies! So, that season 4 preview. Wow. I am counting down the days until the season premiere, and until then, I'm going to write fanfics like crazy to fill the hole...sniff...that can only be filled by MLP. Haha, anyways, enjoy this chapter, I had so much fun writing about the Discord's past and then the CMC (and I'm finally home!). Also...if anybody wants to really see what Reptantis looks like, enter this code on generalzoi's Pony Creator on deviantART: 5347006430660029FFC49D00131E5E500UN383023H00000051 (ignore this space it's not supposed to be her but I can't delete it) 000000CC000005107F3FCC004CB2



Humming, you trot to Fluttershy's cottage, Fluttershy trailing behind you.

"You know, we could get there a lot faster if you didn't stop to sniff every flower," you point out.

"But [Y/N], I don't want to miss even one of these beautiful flowers." She looks up from sniffing a bright pink flower. "But I suppose I can sniff them all some other time." She finally comes up next to you and you walk together until you're at the door of her cottage. "Discord? Spike? Is anypony home?"

A disheveled Discord opens the door. "Ah, Fluttershy, [Y/N], you're back." Suddenly, a small white bunny runs under his feet, causing him to fall to the ground with a thud. "Please...do come in." You and Fluttershy step inside to see everypony's pets running amok throughout the cottage. As you look to your left, you see a tired Spike wrestling with a little alligator. You shriek as it clamps down on his foot and put your hooves in front of your eyes.

"Woah, calm down, [Y/N], he's just a baby alligator. He has no teeth, see?" You peek out from behind your hooves to see that Spike is right-instead of teeth, the alligator has tiny pink gums. Spike giggles as it continues to gum his foot. "It actually tickles more than it hurts."

"So, since everypony is home, I'll just gather up these animals and Spikester here can return them to their owners," Discord says.

"You got it, Disco," Spike says, finally managing to pry the alligator off of his foot.

As Discord snaps his fingers, all of the pets appear on red leashes tied to Spike. Spike yells as the overexcited pets drag him out the door. "Ta ta!" Discord yells after them, waving. He turns to you and Fluttershy. "So...how did the meeting with Princess Prissy-Pants go?"

Fluttershy glares at him. "Discord, what did I tell you about insulting ponies?"

Discord rolls his eyes. "It's mean and unnecessary," he says in a mock Fluttershy voice. "But seriously, that pony has no appreciation for a little bit of chaos! Not like you girls, anyway." He smiles mischievously. Before you or Fluttershy can object, he snaps his fingers and turns Fluttershy's wings into little butterflies and then turns to you.

"Help meeeee!" Fluttershy shrieks as the tiny butterflies try to lift her off the ground and fly around the cottage.

"Discord..." you say, eyeing him warily as she takes a step towards you. "Don't you dare."

"Oh, why ever not?" He smirks and takes another step. "I thought you ponies liked my little pranks. Hmm...what should I do? Turn you into a bird, maybe? Ooh, I have a better idea..." He snaps his fingers and you slowly feel your figure changing and getting taller. Your tail disappears, but your mane remains untouched. As you look down, you see that you look just like you did before you feel into Equestria. He turned you into a human again. "Woah..." he says, studying you. "You really are a weird-looking creature, and that's coming from me!" He laughs at you and Fluttershy. "This is hilarious!" Finally, Fluttershy gains control of her wings and lands, pinning them against her sides so that they can't move.

"Discord...change me back." She looks over at you for the first time and gasps. "[Y/N]! What did he do to you? You're so tall and...colorless. And what did he do to your tail? It's...it's gone!"

You sigh and give Discord a glare while he grins playfully. "This is how I looked before I came here. This is what a human looks like. But..." You turn to Discord. "Do you have any idea what the other ponies will do if I start walking around Ponyville in this form? Come on, change us back!"

"Ugh, fine, sour pusses," he groans, snapping his fingers and changing you back to a pony. When you look at Fluttershy, you see her giving her wings a few cautious flaps to find that they are back to normal. "Happy now?"

Fluttershy nods and walks up to Discord. "Yes, thank you, Discord. Now, no more messing around. We actually came here to talk to you about something important." She sits on a living room chair while Discord flops himself down on the couch. You walk over and sit on a chair next to Fluttershy's.

"Well, what is it? I've got an appointment..." Discord says, tapping an invisible watch on his arm.

"Yeah, right," you scoff, causing him to give you the death stare.

"Discord, about Reptantis, is there anything else you can share about her or the Golden Crown? We've actually made a certain discovery..." Fluttershy looks to you.

"We've discovered that it's my destiny to defeat Reptantis and claim the Golden Crown for myself, but we have no idea where she lives or anything about her weaknesses or past. We thought maybe you could tell us about her? I mean, since you grew up with her..."

Discord sighs, suddenly serious. "Oh, Repta...I never thought she could change so much. You want her story? Fine, here's her story...and mine."



"Lesti!" Discord yelled, looking around for his adoptive teenage sister.

"Inside voices, Discord." Discord whipped around to see the young white alicorn looking at him sternly. "You don't want the King and Queen to hear you yelling in the castle."

"Sorry, I was just looking for you. Do you know where Repta is? She said she wanted to meet me today. I don't want to be late..."

Celestia giggled. "Oh, you're going to meet Repta again? I better not find you two kissing." She made kissy noises at him and he blushed, rolling his eyes.

"I'm serious, Lesti, where is she?"

"Um...I saw her last with her aunt and uncle in their house. She said she was going to 'your regular spot.' Not sure what that means."

"Yes! We get to get out of this stinking forest! Lesti, I know it's only temporary, but I hate living in the Everfree Forest. It's just not where I belong. It's so...empty. And everything is just so boring. We need something exciting to happen!" Discord slumped down against the old castle wall.

"Well, don't worry Discord, Mother and Father said that we will soon move to that big town on the mountain in the middle of Equestria, and there are plenty of ponies already living there. It's called Canterlot, and did you know that that's where Mother and Father used to rule until-"

"Until what, Lesti?" A dark blue filly stood behind the two, rubbing her bright blue eyes.

Celestia looked at her little sister sweetly. "Nothing, Lu, it's alright. I was just telling Discord about how we will soon move to the big mountain. They need a king and queen, you know." She ruffled the young filly's mane. "But isn't it a little early for you to wake up?"

"No, I'm ok, I'll just go get some breakfast now." She walked off down the ancient hallways to the dining room. Once she was gone, Celestia continued.

"Mother and Father lived and ruled there before they were...driven out by Repta's parents, Maligno and Magistra. Now, I know you can't blame Repta for what they did, but be careful around her. She's my friend too, but I don't want her to end up like her parents, trying to enslave Equestria for their own gain. They would've succeeded too, if Father hadn't put a spell of strength on the residents of Canterlot, enough strength and magic to imprison Maligno and and Magistra. Now, we know for sure that it's safe to return, so we will soon, I promise."

Discord yawns. "Bo-ring! I don't care why we're leaving, I just care that we are! Anyways, I'll see you later, Lesti! I have a mare to meet." Without another word, he zipped out the door and towards the little river at the edge of the forest where he always met Repta. He smiled as the trees begin to become less and give way to open spaces. As he looked to his left, he saw, as usual, the pure blue stream and the alicorn mare he loved. Her bright blue eyes looked at him happily as he walked up to her.

"Discord!" He jumped up to him, hugging him in her arms, her black mane pressed against his chest. "I knew you would be here!"

He hugged her back, his eyes dancing with joy. "Oh course you did! Have you ever known me to bail on you? I would NEVER!"

She smiled and kissed him on the cheek, making him blush fiercely. "I know you wouldn't. You love me. And don't try to deny it."

"I-" Discord's voice wavered as Repta raised an eyebrow at him. "Ok, fine. I just don't like to say it."

"And that's just fine with me, Discy." She kissed him again, this time on the lips. "Just know that I love you too." They sat together for a while, chatting and planning their future together. Discord knew she was right-he loved her more than he could ever express. And he knew that she felt the same way, which only deepened his love for her. She was the most beautiful, most sweet creature he had ever met, and he would never again meet another pony like her.



You and Fluttershy sit in silence as Discord pauses his story. You can practically feel the grief inside of his heart as he continues with the end.

"A month later, our family moved to Canterlot and we had to leave Repta behind in her small house in the forest. I was devastated. I wrote letters to her every week, and so did she, but soon, we started drifting apart, which is easy for somepony to do when you haven't seen your friend in quite a long time. About three months after we had moved to Canterlot and Mother and Father had returned to their position as King and Queen, we heard stories about Reptantis. She wasn't threatening anypony yet, but ponies were saying that she had gone mad and killed her aunt and uncle, and then cut off her own horn. I didn't want to believe it, but eventually it came to that point. A little while later, Mother and Father fell deathly ill and soon died. Celestia was the rightful heir to the throne, and by then, we were just getting out of our teen years, and Luna was in her mid-teens. So, Celestia took over the throne with Luna as her little helper princess, and I, not being of noble birth, had no place in the pony kingdom. I don't think the ponies liked me anyways. So I left for the Everfree Forest to search for Repta again." His eyes begin to tear up a bit, and he turns his head to hide it.

"It's all right," Fluttershy soothes him, grabbing his lion paw gently.

"I looked in her old house and didn't find anypony, but I didn't stop. I stayed in the forest for a few months and then I finally returned to Canterlot to search for her. When I returned, the city was in turmoil. As I had looked into the sky, I saw Celestia battling a dark red figure in the sky. It took me a while to see that...it was my Repta. She looked so different, and her horn was cut in half. Her...beautiful blue eyes...they were yellow slits, and she had a blood red streak running through her mane and tail. Her magic practically leaked out of her horn, drowning the city in black fog. She kept screaming at Celestia to hand over Hollow Shades and burning, suffocating her with her black fog. Just when I thought Repta was about to kill Celestia, Luna rushed out with the Elements of Harmony, and...before I could even say anything...they turned her into a dark red cloud, just like her body color. She was still alive, I knew it, we all knew it, she was still locked in her cursed cloud form. I-I got angry. I cast out Celestia and Luna and took the throne for myself, filling Equestria with my chaos and...well, I guess you know the rest." He hangs his head in sadness.

Fluttershy stands up, walks over to him, and embraces him. "It's all right, Discord. Thank you for telling us about this. You're a good friend, one of the best I've ever had." When she says this, you and Discord glance at each other, both of you thinking the same thing: Does she really want to be just friends?

"Discord...do you know where Reptantis is now?" you ask, and he shakes his head.

"I'm afraid that I don't. You kind of lose contact when you're both locked away for thousands of years." You breathe a sigh of relief when you see that he is back to his normal, sarcastic self.

"Alright, then we should go tell the girls what we found out," Fluttershy says.

You nod. "Good idea, let's go meet up at Rarity's boutique." You let Fluttershy go out first, and when you and Discord are alone for a moment, you smile warmly. "Oh, and Discord...thanks."

He returns a small smile. "Anything for you and Fluttershy."

You walk out the door and say, just loud enough for him to hear, "Or was it just for Fluttershy?" Before he can reply, you close the door and walk with Fluttershy over to Rarity's. Fluttershy sends five cardinals with notes tied to their legs to all of her friends, telling them to meet up at Carousel Boutique.



Fluttershy gently knocks on Rarity's door, so light that it's barely audible. After nopony answers, you step in front of her and give a nice, loud knock. After a second, Rarity opens the door, looking exhausted.

"Girls, oh, thank Celestia that you're here! I'm afraid that I need some help..." A loud crash sounds from inside, and you and Fluttershy walk in. Three giggling blurs zip past you.

"What the-?" You look over at three little fillies running around through the boutique.

"Girls, Fluttershy is here, and a new friend," Rarity says in a singsong voice. "They'll be watching you for a little while." She looks at you and Fluttershy desperately. "I will be forever in your debt, just please...HELP."

Before you can object, Fluttershy nods happily. "We'd be glad to help, Rarity."

Without even a goodbye, Rarity disappears in a cloud of dust. Fluttershy turns to the fillies.

"Hello, Apple Bloom, Sweetie Bell, Scootaloo. How are you silly fillies doing today?"

"We're doing just great, Fluttershy!" The yellow one answers. "We have a big day of crusading ahead!"

"Well, that's good, because I brought a friend with me today. This is [Y/N]." She gestures to you with her hoof.

"Ooh, I've heard of you! You're Rarity's new friend!" The white one says cheerfully.

"And Applejack's!" The yellow one adds.

"And Rainbow Dash's!" The orange one finishes.

"CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS FRIEND MAKERS, GO!" they all yell simultaneously. You yell out as they latch onto your legs, causing you to fall. Once you're down, they all smother you with hugs and introductions.

"I'm Apple Bloom!" The yellow one yells as she jumps up and down on your stomach.

"And I'm Sweetie Bell!" The white one latches onto your left back leg as she speaks.

"And I'm Scootaloo, daredevil extraordinaire!" The orange one says lastly, looking you right in the eyes with a playful face.

"Now, now, girls...my little ponies, don't..." Fluttershy looks completely powerless in this situation. That is, until she breathes a calming sigh and speaks with a commanding tone. "Girls, please let [Y/N] up now." To your shock, the girls immediately get off of you and sit in front of Fluttershy.

"Yes, Fluttershy?" they say obediently.

You stand up and stare at them in shock. "H-how...?"

Fluttershy chuckles. "Let's just say I'm good with kids."



With the three fillies all playing quietly in the corner, you look around at all of the girls' faces (and a small dragon face).

"Thank you for coming, girls, we just made an important discovery," Fluttershy says to this, she tells everypony the story that Discord had relayed to you, not leaving out the smallest detail. As soon as she finishes, you can see the girls hanging their heads, a few of the girl's eyes are even watering at his sad story. Spike has his head resting in his hands and looks up once the story is finished.

AJ takes off her hat. "I...I never thought he went through anything like this. I feel so guilty that I judged him so quickly now." The others quietly murmur their agreement.

"Well...we asked for knowledge about her past, and now we have it," Twilight says slowly.

"I never knew Discord was in love with her that much..." Rainbow mutters regretfully.

"Did he know where she lives?" Rarity questions.

You shake your head. "No, he didn't know where she lives."

"You know...if I was Reptantis, and I hadn't seen the love of my life in thousands of years, I would live back where he used to live," Pinkie speculates coolly.

"Wait. You're saying that you think she still lives in the old castle ruins in the Everfree Forest?" Twilight asks.

"Yup. I think she still lives there to remember Discord!"

A light bulb finally goes off in Twilight's head. "And if we brought Discord with us during our attack on Reptantis..."

"We would catch her off guard!" Everypony yells at the same time.

"And we could get the Golden Crown!" you finish.

"Yeah, without that crown, that bug is totally powerless!" Rainbow Dash says excitedly.

Twilight smiles. "I think we're ready for our turn in the game."



Wow, I finally got to write about my villain's past (and Discord's)! Oh, and if you were wondering, Maligno and Magistra are Latin names like Reptantis. Oh, and did anybody notice that the place that Discord would always meet Reptantis was where Fluttershy's cottage is now? Well, it is... Now, here comes the fun part...paying a little visit to a certain reptilian pony. Alright bronies, Bronygirl6729 is here to say goodbye everypony!