• Published 23rd Oct 2013
  • 1,409 Views, 5 Comments

Crossing Worlds - Bronygirl6729



A story about...you! Your journey to Equestria, your adventures there, and villains you fight are all included!

  • ...
2
 5
 1,409

The War Begins

Chapter Twelve: The War Begins

All right, here it is, the moment you've all been waiting for...the season finale of Crossing Worlds! Yay. I'm going to make this finale a two-parter, though. Also...I'm in New York! It's so pretty right now in the fall and I especially love it because I'm from Florida (aka the State of No Seasons Except Summer) and I never get to see leaves change before. So, yeah. Pretty cool stuff. Also, we're almost to the twenty favorite minimum that I recently established! If just four more people click the favorite button for my story, I will be able to guarantee a second season. So get reading and don't forget to review and favorite!



"That was brilliant!" You look up at Rarity as she runs to hug you, causing small creases to appear in your special dress. "Everypony loved you, not to mention your dress! Can you believe the show sold out?" She squeals excitedly. "I knew this clothing line would be a success, I just knew it!"

You smile, still a bit shaken from walking down the runway. You play back the scene in your mind, of you prancing nervously down the runway in your pink and purple dress as the cameras all around you flashed on and off like a sea of bright lights. "Thank you, Rarity, for everything. This was just like I dreamed."

She smiles sweetly. "Oh, you're so welcome, [Y/N]. It was my pleasure to do all of this for you. I suppose that I should also thank you for that picnic you and Fluttershy surprised me with. The sandwiches were especially tasty, too."

"It was no problem," you assure her happily.

"Great performance, [Y/N]!" You turn around to see Twilight and the other four girls trotting towards you and Rarity, also accompanied by Spike and Discord.

Pinkie grins and nods quickly. "Yeah, yeah, first you were all like, oh..." She does a nervous pose. "But then you were all like, whoo!" She holds up her head and pretends to strut down a runway. "And then, you struck awesome poses like whoosh, swoosh, yeah!" She quickly moves from one cool pose to the next, ending with her arms crossed coolly.

Everypony giggles and you smile happily at everypony. "I'm just so happy that everything turned out so perfectly. It feels like everything is right in the world right now, and I'm just glad that I can enjoy the peacefulness with all of my friends."

Twilight walks up to you and wraps you in a tight hug. "I agree, sis. Now, come on, let's go grab some cupcakes at Sugarcube Corner to celebrate." You nod and everypony else murmurs in agreement. Twilight leads everypony out of the town square where your fashion show had been held and towards the tasty-looking building. As you walk through the large doors, the scent of frosting-filled treats fills your nostrils and you inhale deeply.

"Oh, hello everypony." Mrs. Cake looks up from behind the bakery counter. "What can I do for you all today?"

Twilight speaks first. "We'll take seven cupcakes, please."

Spike stands up on his toes to look over the counter. "And I'll have a ruby cupcake."

Discord raises his hand. "Ooh, ooh, and I'll have some cotton candy!"

"Don't forget to add extra dallops of whipped cream!" Pinkie adds loudly.

Mrs. Cake grins sweetly, the way a cheery older woman would smile at younger ones. "All righty, I'll have those ready in a jiffy!"

Everypony in your group of friends gradually moves towards a table and sits as they chat. You, however, remain silent. As you take your seat between Twilight and Rarity, your attention strays to the big bakery window. Your friends' voices begin to fade as you watch the sky darken ominously, your ear twitching apprehensively.

"Guys, wait," you finally interrupt, your eyes not leaving the window. "Something's not right."

Rainbow Dash tilts her head confusedly. "The pegasus haven't scheduled a storm until next week. I don't get it...who else could be messing with the weather?"

"Maybe the unicorns?" Fluttershy suggests timidly.

You stand up, the bright streak of close lightning reflected in your [E/C] eyes. "No. Unicorns wouldn't just start controlling the weather." You step backwards in fear instinctively, perking your sensitive pony ears to listen for something, anything.

Everypony jumps as Lily runs in, screaming like a maniac. "The horror, the horror!"

Applejack jumps in front of the terrified pony's path, gripping her shoulders seriously. "What is it, sugarcube? Spit it out!"

Blinking insanely, the pink made opens her shaking jaws. "G-g-gri-griffons!"

"Huh?" You give Twilight a confused look. "Griffons? But I thought ponies had no problems with griffons! Wasn't there even an exchange student program with their kingdom?"

Twilight shakes her head dismissively. "No time for questions. Girls, we have to go to my house and get the Elements of Harmony." She quickly turns to face Spike as everypony stands up. "Spike, I want you to come home with us and write an emergency letter to the Princess. We need to inform her of the danger that we may have to face."

You look around at everypony apprehensively. "Danger? The Elements? What's going on? Why are griffons attacking Ponyville?"

"I'll show you! Look!" Lily runs away from Applejackand to you, pulling a newspaper out of her saddlebag and plopping it on the table. Curiously, you slide it in front of you and read the main title:

Unknown Outside Source Starts a New Griffon Civil War

Recently, a pony of unknown identity and intent invaded the kingdom of Griffania, rallying its already unsettled inhabitants against Equestria. Princess Celestia and Luna have attempted to make peaceful contact and stop the uprising, but failed. However, some griffons did not join this rebellion, but fought against it, causing the entire kingdom to be torn apart in a civil war. The war is said to be very vicious, and Equestrians are encouraged to stay uninvolved. As of last week, the rebellion group, calling themselves Red Hornets, attacked and burnt one of Griffania's biggest cities, Pup's Peak. No survivors have been found.

You slam the paper down forcefully, feeling sick to your stomach. As you stand hunched over the table, Twilight walks over and reads the article silently, the other girl looking over her shoulder. Spike and Discord were merely standing in the corner quietly, unsure of what to do. You feel tears prick your eyes, while at the same time your heart is struck with fear.

"This is terrible," you whisper, feeling shivers pass through you at the thought of these events taking place.

Twilight stands up assertively and runs to the door. "We need to go, girls. Now."

Everypony follows Twilight and Fluttershy turns to Discord. "I'll find you later. You need to get to the cottage where its safe."

"I'm coming with you!" he protests, crossing his arms. "I can protect myself from a few griffons with anger issues."

"What about the 'unknown source' that started this whole mess?" Rainbow points out.

"She's right," Fluttershy pushes. "And you need to be home in case all of my animal friends get scared." She puts her hoof on his paw. "You will take care of them for me, won't you?"

"I...guess." The draconequus gives the yellow pegasus one last hug. "Be safe." Without another word, he snaps his fingers and disappears.

"All right, let's go," Twilight orders, running out the doors of the bakery into the chaos that used to be the town square. And not the lighthearted, reformed-Discord type chaos. Frightened straggler ponies are running indoors and screaming incoherently. You gulp nervously as you look to the pouring sky. Griffons are standing on the clouds, shrieking their eagle cries at each other. A dark brown one pounding on a nearby cloud looks at you and let's out a furious, piercing scream. You take a step back, praying that griffons don't eat ponies.

"Back off!" Rainbow Dash snarls, flying up to the griffon menacingly, but just out of the creature's grasp. She whips her head around swiftly. "Run! I'll be right behind you guys!"

"Let's go!" Twilight yells, picking Spike up on her back. The baby dragon doesn't protest, but merely holds on for dear life. You follow everypony through the maze of griffons and dark, stormy clouds. As you run past, some griffons notice you and your friends and begin to crash themselves down onto their clouds, causing the dark clouds to rumble loudly and sprout flashes of lightning. You bite your lip nervously as one flash nearly catches you, searing the tip of your tail slightly. You start sprinting as soon as your tree house comes into view. Panting, you and the girls burst through the door and onto the floor in a big, tired, colorful heap.

"Wait." Applejack stands up warily, looking out the door. "I reckon we're missing somepony. There's only seven of us, including Spike."

Fluttershy's face turns from confusion to shock. "Wait, where's Rainbow Dash?" Everypony looks all around for the rainbow mare, but she is nowhere in sight.

"She's not here!" you fret.

"Oh my gosh! Rainbow is a...griffon hostage!" Pinkie screams.

Rarity collapses on a couch. "Of all the things that could happen, this is the. Worst. Possible. Thing!"

"Um, where did you get that couch?" Spike asks.

Twilight steps forward. "It doesn't matter. We need to find Rainbow Dash, she could be in-" A loud eagle shriek interrupts Twilight. As you look out the open door, you see a few large griffons descending from their clouds and approaching the door.

"Shut the door!" Spike yells.

"No, Rainbow Dash is still out there, we need to go back and help her!" Twilight commands.

"We won't be much help to Rainbow if we're in some griffon's stomach!" Applejack counters.

"Griffons don't eat ponies, smarty pants!" Pinkie retorts.

Applejack whips around to face Pinkie Pie nose-to-nose. "Who ya calling a smarty pants, smarty pants?" The two mares continue to bicker, and the other four also join in the argument with their strong opinions. Your eyes, however, never leave the griffons that continue to slowly advance on you.

"Um, guys?" you squeak, pointing at the approaching griffons with your [B/C] hoof.

"No time to argue!" You decide at the last minute to take the lead. "We can help Rainbow Dash after we deal with these griffons!" The girls and Spike stare at you in surprise. You swallow your self conciousness and fear. "That's an order! Close and lock the door!"

"Well, you heard her! Close it!" Applejack supports.

Twilight looks at you non-submissively. "But Rainbow Dash-"

"Will be fine." You put a hoof on her shoulder and look her in the eye comfortingly. "You know Rainbow Dash. She can take care of herself for a few minutes. Once we're safe and have this whole thing figured out, we can find Rainbow. Ok?" Twilight, still upset, nods compliantly. You can feel the surprised looks of your friends at you, but you ignore them. As you turn around, you hear the satisfying click of the door shutting and locking.

Spike turns around from closing the door, his arms crossed. "Ok, we're safe inside. Now what, Princesses?"

You turn to look at him. "Spike, you need to write a warning letter to the Princess. Make sure to include all the details."

He grabs a blank scroll and quill, managing to smirk at you. "You're so cute when you're assertive."

Rolling your [E/C] eyes, you turn to the remaining five girls. "All right, we need to find some way to stop the griffons and identify this 'unknown source.'"

"And how will we do that?" Pinkie Pie questions.

"I have no idea!"



Rainbow Dash opens her red eyes to see nothing but blackness. A sharp pain shoots through her head, but as she reaches up to rub her forehead, she notices that she's completely tied to a chair. As she tries to flap her wings frantically, Rainbow finds that they are tied as well.

"What's going on here?" she growls. "Get out here! Coward!" As soon as the words are out of her mouth, she wishes that she could take them back. As evil as they are, griffons like these can be pretty scary and mean, she thinks, her fear building. I really shouldn't mess with these guys...they could kill me if they wanted to! The mere thought of this causes the hair on the back of Rainbow's neck to stand up straight. However, her thoughts are interrupted by voices chatting quietly in the darkness. After a moment, a tall silhouette appears in front of Rainbow and a light above her clicks on.

"Dash?" the voice asks, puzzled. Rainbow Dash looks up in shock at the familiar voice.

"Gilda?"

The golden griffon steps into the light with a surprised face. "How the hay did you get captured?"

Rainbow Dash smiles innocently, feeling much more comfortable despite her last encounter with Gilda. "I don't suppose that I ever told you that I'm the Element of Loyalty?"

Gilda nods slowly. "That would explain it."

"'It?' What do you mean, 'it?'"

"Well, you do know that the other guys sent me here to interrogate you." She gazes at her old friend with expressionless yellow eyes.

Feeling her panic suddenly rising again, Rainbow squirms around uncomfortably. "C'mon, Gilds, you're my friend. You can just go tell the other griffons that we're chill and everything can be fine."

The griffon smirks lightly, as if listening to the ramblings of a naïve child. "Sorry, Dash, but..." She points to a symbol of a bright red hornet that looks like it was burnt onto her flank. "...I'm a Red Hornet now. And we're tired of how unfairly Equestria has been treated us. You've showed me that firsthand. All ponies are the same. Except for one. Our leader, the one that assembled us. Reptantis."

The rainbow mare's eyes widen. "Gilda, no, you can't listen to her, she's crazy! Not to mention dangerous. She's only using you!"

Gilda's eyes narrow aggressively. "You know, Rainbow Dash, it's just like you to diss the first pony that actually stands by me. Sorry, but the Hive comes first now. I'm finally where I belong." She walks up to her ex-friend menacingly, slamming her claws against the two sides of the chair. "Now, tell me where the Elements are. And...the Golden Crown."



"Ok, I think I have an idea," you announce, trying to stay optimistic. "We can just use the Elements of Harmony to stop the griffons, right?"

Twilight shakes her head. "The Elements should only be used if we can't convince the Red Hornets to stop their attack. Who knows, they could be being forced to do this."

"I don't know about that." You tense up at the sound of griffons trying to rip through the tree but failing because Twilight had cast a protection spell on your house earlier. "I think that, in order to stop this, we need to find and confront the leader of the Red Hornets. If we stop their leader, we stop all of the griffons."

Applejack looks at you thoughtfully. "That's a good idea, sugarcube, but how can we find the leader without getting attacked by them griffons? We would at least need a good idea of where the leader is. Without even that, we'd be good as gone."

"Well..." Twilight begins. "I suppose I could try to use a location spell to pinpoint the location of this pony... ugh, but we would need to know who their leader is to use that spell!"

Pinkie raises her hoof excitedly. "Ooh, ooh, I can be a spy and find out who the leader is and where she is! I can use my Fluttershy suit!"

Fluttershy gives Pinkie Pie an odd look. "You...have a me suit?"

"Pinkie Pie has suits of all of us, Fluttershy," Spike says calmly from the library desk.

"Any reply from the Princess yet, Spike?" you ask.

He shakes his head. "No, she hasn't done anything! Not a letter, not reinforcements, nothing! What is she doing up in Canterlot, sitting contently behind a business desk while our entire town is being invaded by these...these...lion birds!?" He huffs a ring of smoke angrily.

"Spike, we're frustrated and anxious too," you console the young dragon. "But we have to be patient. The Princesses are probably busy getting ready to fly over here and kick some griffon flank themselves. I'm sure of it!"



"Search through the entire castle. Don't miss a thing." The last if the sun disappears behind dark red clouds, spread out as far as the eye can see. Reptantis smiles.

"You won't get away with this, Repta," Celestia hisses from the shadows where she is slowly being encased in a thick layer of ice. Luna is standing next to her in the same predicament.

Reptantis casually strolls up to the stiff Princesses and sticks her nose in Celestia's face. "Watch me." She laughs evilly, her gaze drifting around the throne room. Reptantis smirks at the pictures engraved in the colorful palace windows of all of the Element keepers defeating threats and doing other heroic feats. "I think my stained glass window can go right...here." She stops in front of a blank window. However, as she notices another window, her smile fades. Engraved in the light blue glass is a picture of a certain draconequus standing under the Elements with a look of joy and peace on his face. Reptantis growls, her fury rising as her burning yellow slits continue to be subjected to the happy, harmonious Discord. In one swift blow, the dark alicorn yells out and drives her hooves through the window, shattering the pieces of shiny glass across the floor.

"Repta, stop!" Celestia yells, the freezing ice already creeping up her neck. "You need to let your hate go! It will only hurt you and innocent others!"

Reptantis turns to glare at the Princess. "I don't care about 'innocent others.' They're merely obstacles that are in my way. But Celestia, I swear to you, I will kill those ponies and that...that...monster! Because as far as I'm concerned, my Discord is dead. So are you, and Luna! And I don't mind killing those that I don't know."



"Well, if Twilight can't find the leader..." You put your hoof to your chin thoughtfully. "Maybe Discord can!"

"He is good with abstract magic..." Twilight considers this. "I suppose that it wouldn't hurt to try. Here, I'll teleport him here so that we don't have to run through the storm again." Everypony takes a big step back as your sister closes her eyes and her horn begins to glow. A blinding circular light appears in the center of your group and is then replaced by a terrified draconequus. You have to admit, you're a bit shocked at his mental state. Normally, Discord is your average sarcastic, fun mix of creatures. Currently, his mane is frazzled and his eyes look fear-struck. You get the feeling that he's really more scared than he let's on.

Blinking, he looks around his new surroundings. "What? How did I get here? What's going on?!" Discord whips his pony head around wildly, his red eyes merely glazing over you. In his eagle claw, he is visibly clutching a small bunny.

Fluttershy approaches him meekly. "Discord, it's ok. It's just us. We brought you here because we need help." The white bunny squirms out of Discord's hand and jumps up into Fluttershy's arms.

Discord shakes his head rapidly, the strong look of fear still imprinted on his face. "No, no, no. I can't! I just can't!" He looks close to tears and you can practically hear his fast-paced heartbeat from across the room.

Fluttershy puts her hoof on his eagle claw comfortingly. "Sweetie, it's ok, calm down. Why are you so afraid?" The draconequus begins to shake, and he doesn't answer the pegasus. She looks at him seriously with her teal eyes. "We need all the help we can get. Discord, please, all you need to do is locate the leader of the Red Hornets for us, nothing else."

His eyes widen. "What? You mean you don't know who the leader of this attack is?" Everypony shakes their head no. Discord stiffens, and then runs around the house frantically, checking out all of the windows while hyperventilating. "Oh Celestia, she probably knows where we are already. You need to get somewhere safe, somewhere far away from here."

"Discord, snap out of it!" Twilight screams. "Who is the leader? What are you talking about?"

Discord gazes at all of you hysterically. "Isn't it obvious? The leader of the Red Hornets is-" Discord is cut off as an ear-piercing explosion sounds and knocks you off your hooves, sending you spiraling off into the air. For a moment, everything moves in slow motion. You feel tears streaming down your face, and as you look to your side, you see all of your friends screaming as they're propelled through the air with you. Discord is nowhere in sight. Suddenly, your path begins to descend and your [B/C] body collides with the ground. A sharp pain shoots through your body and eventually numbs and engulfs it. The last thing that you see is a dark red pair of wings flying towards you before you pass out.



End of part one...yeah, I'm pretty sure that all of you guys hate me now. I'm actually going to have to raise my rating to T because of this chapter. I don't know, it just seems a little dark to be rated anything under this. Better safe than sorry, I guess. Anyway, I guess I'll be seeing all of you again soon for part two...this is Bronygirl6729 saying have fun waiting for the next chapter. *Troll face*