• Published 21st Oct 2013
  • 878 Views, 42 Comments

War on Equestria: Rise of the Slivers - Uberdeathninja



The magical world of Equestria has been peaceful for so long. But will a simple excavation mistake lead to the once-prosperous world's demise?

  • ...
8
 42
 878

Prologue: Emergence

"Ugh, This heat is killing me, Goldy. Why do the leylines have to be so Celestia- damned hot?" Asked an earth pony miner named Boulder Breaker as he wiped sweat from his forehead.

"I don't know, Boulder, do I look like a unicorn?" Replied a well-muscled Pegasus miner named Goldy Rolla, Who looked over her shoulder as she said that to point to two unicorns in lab coats that were jotting down notes. Boulder laughed.

"If you were, you wouldn't be doing this cruddy work. For all their talk about "unity", they seem to like leaving the hard work to everyone else." Laughed Boulder. Suddenly, a brick wall of a stallion, named Wash, walked over to the two.

"Hey, guys. Are those Survey League eggheads still scribbling notes over there?" Asked Wash.

"Yeah, they've been going for two hours. Maybe they're not even writing notes, they might just be checking out the mares." Replied Boulder.

"Perverts." Said Goldy simply. Boulder and Wash laughed at that, and Goldy smiled slightly.

"Ah, come on, Goldy, not their fault you mares insist on such skimpy work attire. Who wouldn't pop a peek every now and again?" Laughed Wash.

"That's because these leylines are fuckin' hot! You try working around these places with an extra layer of fat! We mares have it hard too, you know..." Goldy shot back, causing Wash and Boulder to giggle. Suddenly, a random Miner called from the background:

"Yeah, but you mares love it hot and hard!" At this, Boulder and Wash burst out laughing, but Goldy scowled, tempted to kick the two hysterical stallions in their groins. Finally, they recovered from their mirth, and returned to work, picking away at the leyline walls, excavating Arcanium ore from them, and loading them into carts. Suddenly, Wash hit something, and a section of wall fell away, revealing something odd: A smooth, metallic surface, with weird lines all over it, like it was liquid at some point, then polished once it became solid.

"Hey, guys, I found something!" Wash called, getting the attention of not only his friends, but all the miners in the area. as the entire workforce flooded to the scene, the Survey League unicorns took sudden notice, and pushed the crowd aside so they could see.

"What's the disturbance? Why have you all stopped working?" One asked.

"Wash found this thing. You two are nerds, what is it?" Asked Boulder. One of the unicorns looked over the odd surface, tapping it with his pencil. The metallic surface made a deep, hollow chime, but did nothing.

"Hmm... probably an Arcanium bubble, likely a geode of sorts. You, Wash, was it?" The unicorn asked.

"Yeah?" replied Wash.

"Break it open." Commanded the unicorn.

"What!? Why me!? That thing might be filled with lava, or aliens or something!" Protested Wash.

"Oh, just do it, you little filly. You're embarrassing these fine squints." Boulder told Wash.

"Scientists." Interrupted one of the unicorns.

"Eh?" Asked Boulder.

"We are scientists, not "Squints". We got enough of that in high school, let's act grown-up for a few seconds, hmm?" Replied the unicorn.

"Now, the object, Mr. Wash?" Continued the second unicorn.

"Oh, fine." Sighed Wash. The miner raised his pickaxe, then brought it down on the surface. It did nothing but chime, so he hit it again, and again, and again, until the surface finally cracked, then fell away, revealing utter, suffocating darkness.

"Ugh. Hey, anyone have a light?" Asked one unicorn. A miner tossed him a lighter, and the Scientist lit it, reveling the entire "bubble" for what it was: A giant room, with bubble-like structures all over it's interior.

"Mother of Celestia, It's some kind of artificial structure! Phillidus, get a phone! The other guys have got to-" The unicorn was cut short by something that made everyone gasp: A long, sharp, silvery appendage pierced the unicorn, and dragged him screaming into the darkness, where a sickening, wet "Splat" ended his screaming. Everyone, including Philidus, stared in horror as soft clicking and chittering emanated from the hole, and it got louder. Then, a griffon got the good idea to get away from this thing, and every one else followed suit,fleeing the horrible, insect-like sounds coming from the structure. As they stood on the cliff, the catwalks attached to the ravine wall fell away, revealing more of the structure, and scythe-like appendages appeared over the edge. Then came silver, serpentine creatures, their bodies metallic and segmented, and some had two scythes, while others had claws, and some had no appendages at all, just great, toothy maws. All of them, however, had long, flowing tendrils coming from their backs and heads, and eerily chittered and clicked, unnerving the ponies. At first, the odd creatures did nothing, seeming quite interested in the ponies. Then, one crawled forward, up to the unicorn.

"Aww, I think the little bug-lookin' thing wants to talk!" cooed Goldy. However, this was not the case, for as soon as the unicorn dropped his guard, the "Bug lookin' thing" put a scythe in his head, fast as lightning, then cast the body aside, and began to morph before the worker's eyes: It grew two hoofed legs, it's long, tapered head shortened and rounded at the tip, a long, twisted horn grew out of it's forehead, and two large, glowing blue eyes opened on the front of it's "face". Soon, the weird thing looked like a twisted version of the unicorn it just killed, but with scythes for hands, and a "mane" of tentacles, and it grinned, revealing millions of long, needle-like teeth.

"I told you there'd be aliens in there." Said Wash to Boulder and Goldy.

"Yeah, yeah you did..." Replied Boulder. Suddenly, the attention of the swarm before them was focused on the workers.

"I now suggest... we slowly... and very, very carefully... RUN!!!!!" Yelled Goldy, grabbing her friends' arms, then pulling them with her as the workers fled, and the alien horde charged, slaughtering every one they got to, and devouring their corpses.

Finally, the three got to the armored vehicle, and thirty aliens were charging at them, scythes raised. Immediately, Wash tried to hotwire the vehicle, but the strange creatures were piling on top of it, trying to pry it to pieces. Luckily, the vehicle was made of Arcanium, and withheld their attack.

"Come on... Come on..." Muttered Wash.

"Uh, wash, could you hurry? I think they found out that the windows are just glass." Said Goldy the aliens poked inquisitively at the windows.

"Got it! Alright, Hold on, guys!" Said Wash as he got to the wheel, and put the pedal to the metal, swerving and shaking the creatures off. As they drove down the road, The ground began to rumble, and Boulder checked the rear-view mirror.

"Oh, shit..." He said.

"What, more of the little fuckers?" Asked Goldy.

"Nope, just one big fucker." Replied Boulder, adjusting the mirror for all to see. Indeed, The ground was giving way as a gigantic, worm-like creature, reminiscent of the smaller creatures from before, crawled its way out of the earth, roaring at ear-splitting volumes.

"Wash, step on it! That son of a bitch looks fast!" Cried Goldy.

"I can't! This ain't a sports car, you know!" Retorted Wash. Suddenly, the monster stopped, and let them go.

"It... it stopped! We're safe!" Cried Boulder. Then, the ground gave way, and another worm-like monstrosity burst forth under the armored truck, devouring it whole.

All witnesses gone, the slivers emerged from their stronghold, now quite angry. Their home had been defiled, and they were going to exterminate every thinking creature on this planet until they found the one responsible. One important-looking one, Chae-surr of Gamma Brood, stepped forward, and he let out a mighty battle-cry, raising his scythe into the air, holding the head of the first of his kills; the first pony to bring light to their lair. The others heard this cry, and raised their own, newly-evolved appendages into the air, roaring the Battle-cry themselves. As they fell silent, Chae-surr heard a groan, and turned his head to a wounded pony, female, by her pheromones. The pony tried to crawl away from them, but Chae-surr put his hoofed foot on her back, and she stopped, tears in her eyes. Chae-surr grabbed the pony with one of his clawed arms, then lifted her to his face.

"P-please, no... I have a familly... Don't kill me!" The mare begged, sobbing, but her words meant nothing to the warlike sliver. Without a sound, he stabbed the blubbering mare through the heart, and she fell limp in his grasp, dead. Chae-surr then tossed the body aside, and began his march to the nearest city, army in tow.

Author's Note:

It begins! Let me know what you think in the comments, and be as harsh as you want. I'll just delete the ones I don't like, anyway.