• Published 21st Oct 2013
  • 491 Views, 1 Comments

Utopia - SilentWanderer



The Mane Six find themselves in a distant future. Who will they find there, and who is the mysterious pony who rules over that future?

  • ...
 1
 491

Pinkie Pie

“Hey, nice party hall!”

Pinkie Pie had found herself in the middle of a very large circular room. Its clean, smooth walls curved to become a single domed ceiling, high enough to allow pegasi to hover comfortably. A mirror ball hung from the middle of the ceiling, reflecting the light which emanated directly from the walls and ceiling. Several large desks, all covered with festive patterns, were spread around. But the most striking feature was that the walls were almost completely covered with balloons, of all shapes and colors.

A blue unicorn appeared out of nowhere right behind Pinkie Pie.

“Hi!”

“Hi!” answered Pinkie Pie, turning to face the newcomer.

“I do not remember seeing you here before. I am Happy Party, nice to meet you!”

“Well, I do not remember seeing you too. But I do not remember being here too, so maybe that is the reason. My name is Pinkie Pie, nice to meet you too!”

“Pinkie...”

“Are you preparing a party here? Because I see the decorations, and the ballons are new, but the desks are empty, and there is no food, perhaps that is why the desks are empty, and your cutie mark is just like mine, so you must love parties too!”

“My cutie mark has just two balloons. Yours has three.”

“And that is no reason for overdoing the balloons. Because a party has to have balloons, but if the guests see only balloons, they will get tired of them, and that is bad, because the balloons are there to make the guests happy, but if they get tired of the balloons, they will get tired, not happy.”

Happy Party hung her head slightly.

“Come on, smile! Nopony gets it right all the time. Did I tell you already the time I overdid the food? Of course not, we just met!”

Happy Party smiled weakly.

“There, that is better. If you are down, the party will be down, and that cannot happen! A party is to make everypony happy, and everypony cannot be happy if anypony is sad!”

Happy Party smiled more broadly.

“Hey, look, food!”

Pinkie Pie bounced towards the several ponies who were entering the hall carrying sweets. Happy Party followed her after a pause.

-*-*-*-

“There, that is better.”

Happy Party took a glance at the bouncing party pony to her side, and looked back at the walls. Half the balloons had been replaced by all sorts of colored ribbons, and a few banners.

“I have to agree with you.”

Happy Party looked happier.

“I can't wait for everypony to get here!”

Before Happy Party could answer, somepony called from the other side of the hall. “Happy?”

Pinkie Pie looked at her side, but Happy Party was not there anymore. Pinkie found her on the other side of the room, and bounced there to hear what they were talking about.

“I am sorry, Happy, but the Administrator said that she might not be able to come to your party tonight. Something urgent came up, and she had to look into it. She asked me to tell you.”

Happy Party looked disappointed for a slight instant, but quickly hid it with a smile.

“It is all right. I am sure she will come the next time!”

The messenger left without another word.

“I am sure she will come. She loves my parties. She comes every time. She will come.”

Pinkie Pie looked at her worriedly. Suddenly, she had an idea.

“I know! If this friend of yours cannot come, I will bring my friends instead! Then we can all party together!”

Happy Party's eyes brightened for an instant.

“Will you do that for me?”

“Of course! Just wait here, and I will come back with them! Pinkie promise!”