• Published 22nd Oct 2013
  • 321 Views, 2 Comments

Twilight's Notes to Celestia - DjDashie



These are some of the notes that Twilight had sent out to Princess Celestia over her years at Ponyville.

  • ...
 2
 321

Celestia's First Note to Twilight

"Wow," Twilight said nervously, "I can't believe I'm going to be leaving Canterlot; after all this time spent in the library. I don't know how I'll live without it."

"Eh," Spike mumbled, "I think this'll be good for you, Twi. Getting a change of scenery just might be what the doctor ordered. Besides, I heard great things about Ponyville."

"Like what?"

"Well," Spike pondered, "I heard they have the tastiest apples from a farm called Sweet Apple Acres."

"You know I'm not a fan of apples," Twilight replied.

"I also heard they have the best bakery anypony in Equestria could hope for."

"Sweets aren't my thing to be honest."

"Okay," Spike said with some frustration in his voice, "I know that there's a fashion store there that has some of the-"

"Just," Twilight interrupted, "Please Spike. Nothing's going to make me feel better at the moment. I've been in Canterlot for so long now that I don't think I can get used to this move."

"I'm just trying to help, Twi!" Spike exclaimed. "You know, I'm not really enjoying this either, but you don't see me pouting my day away! I'm just trying to look on the bright side, but you're batting me away like a fly!" Spike harrumphed and took a seat on the first step of the stairs to the upper section of the library.

Twilight stared at the floor for a second and looked back at Spike, "You're right. I'm sorry Spike. You're over there trying to make me happy and I'm being a pitiful pony."

Spike looked and walked over next to Twilight to sit down beside her, "I bet there's more to Ponyville than you might think Twi," Spike assured. "I feel from all the stuff I heard about it that there's even more than what I was told."

"I looked at the history of the town, though," Twilight said, "There's nothing but a few sights to see and some community events that take place every year. I don't think that's the kind of change I'm looking for."

"There are some things about places that you will only find out about if you experience them first hand."

Twilight glanced at Spike and smiled, "You're correct, as always. You know you're much smarter than you give yourself credit for."

Spike blushed slightly, "Well, being around you has gotten me reading some of these books around the library, so I have picked up a few facts."

Twilight laughed, "Oh Spike. What would I do without you?" They shared a laugh for a few secounds, followed by a big belch by Spike in which a letter formed.

"I don't know how I'm going to ever get used to that," Spike said. "The letters give me awful heartburn."

"I guess this is the letter to send us off," Twilight sighed. With a glow of her horn, Twilight opened the letter and began to read the words of Celestia.


Dear Twilight,

I want you to know that there will be times at Ponyville during your stay that you might find peculiar, strange, and completely unknown information. I understand that most of your life you've been secluded in your own home with your caring parents and more recently here at Canterlot's library, but that's about to change. You won't have your parents or Canterlot's assistants to help you with knowledge that is beyond you. You won't have my help most of the time now. Even books at some point will not be the least bit of help to you.

The only one that will be at your side is Spike. What will happen if he does not know something of the world you are oblivious to? This is the reason why I am assigning you personally on this special task I ask of you. Learning facts and spells that have already been discovered is important, but to get your own findings on a subject that nopony has ever worked on is crucial at its peak. Friendship is what you will be studying on your stay at Ponyville's library. Studying isn't the choice of words I should use though; this is more of an experience.

There will be words of wisdom you hear that will change parts of your perspective on your current understanding. There will be ponies out there that you haven't even met, yet they will most likely be the one to be by your side in the end. There will be mysteries to solve that will alter everything as we know it. There will be moments where even the darkest of times will be forcing you back from your goal. There will be experiences that're in your reach just waiting for you to take hold of.

These experiences will expand your know-how on friendship. There is no success in these adventures you will soon embark on if you don't have anypony to be there with you. Friends are the reason this harmonious land of Equestria came to be. Your friends are what's going to matter in the end, not the amount of studying you put in each day or the amount of books in your library. The friends you make will become a part of you.

My times with you were great and they won't cease, but now there will be times when you need somepony(s) besides me. I won't be able to be there with you through all your hardships. These problems will be solved by you and the ponies you meet in Ponyville.

I cannot begin to fathom the wonders of your journey that lies ahead of you. The time you spend in Ponyville will create memories, the memories will create friendship, and the friendship will become the happiness in your life. I'll expect a letter from you when you arrive in Ponyville, Twilight.

Your mentor, Princess Celestia.