• Published 20th Oct 2013
  • 1,285 Views, 10 Comments

My New Life - The Human Dragon



My name is Spike, I lived in Canterlot for so long, I as a child worked off debt on my mom, I know a child working off debt. Now, I am on my own!

  • ...
8
 10
 1,285

Chapter 0

My New Life

Chapter 0: A New Life Ahead

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I smirked as I looked to a mirror. What to say? I thought to myself, I held a large sum of cash in my hand. With another thought I nodded as I found my choice was crystal clear. I closed my eyes for a mere moment, and then I walked through the oak wood door. - The creaking sound as normal was heard through the house. - I brushed back my naturally green hair with my left hand.

I walked to my mom. "Hi, Mom, how's your coffee?" I asked, a smirk growing on my face as I put my hands in my pockets.

"It's good, Spike. Why, why are smiling?" said my two purple hair colored mother.

My smirk grew wider and even more visible. "This is why," I handed Mom my cash I held in hand.

Her mouth fell agape as the money was larger than my hand. "Is, that, all of it?" she asked, ever since I was old enough to talk clearly she gave me little jobs to do, she gave as my first job she gave me nickels each day. As I grew I got bigger jobs and allowances.

When I became eighteen I got my first honest job in Canterlot's café. It wasn't exactly my favorite job in the world, imagine being near the men or women you hate and imagine the one who started it, and think of him or her surrounding you, then you'll understand my point. Finally, I got all the money that I needed to be able to pay off my mom.

My smirk grew tenfold. "Yep, that's all of it, my debt is paid Mom." I said putting my hand on her shoulder then closing her agape jaw.

She smiled at me. "Wow, I thought you'd new pay it off!" she sounded doubtful that all of it was there.

I sighed; she wasn't supportive enough in my opinion. "C'mon Mom I can leave the house now, right?" My eyebrow rose to the air a draft slightly breezing and the sun glaring the light into the open curtains.

"I guess you are Spike, I guess you are," she said smiling at me - like a mother of course - she was... supportive, eh... in her own way I guess.

I gave her a hug, something I never gave her since I was eight. She hugged back and softly spoke in my ear. "I'll miss you Spike Skylar Sparkle..." she admitted. "It'll be... different around here without you," she finished and continued to hug me tightly.

"I'll miss you too Twilight Stella Sparkle, eh, Mom," I rephrased not wanting to ruin this moment for my mother.

She let me go and pushed me back gently. "Please go pack your things," she figured out that I wanted to leave as soon as I could.

I jumped up and rushed to my door quickly closing it to get to my drawer - the sneakers I wore squeaked loudly through the house - "I can't believe this happening!" I squeaked with delight that finally, finally I can leave this house, not saying I won't miss Mom of course.

I lowered my head, seeing a picture of me and my Mom, I grabbed it, she has a copy it too. I looked at it for a moment, I am moving so far away from here it kind of feels wrong. I closed my eyes as I picked up other clothes. I right now wore a purple hoodie, a light green tee, brighter colored green skinny jeans, and dark purple and white sneakers.

I heard footsteps approach the door. "Honey, I am if you didn't get it already, I am happy you repaid your debt," my Mom said, she I never understood the debt's purpose to be honest. "And, well, the reason I wanted to give you debt is cause I wanted you to stay here as long as possible," she smiled a blush growing brightly on her face.

I touched my chest. "R-Really?" I felt touched my Mom who was not all too supportive gave me this debt to repay just to be able to leave the town.

She nodded. "Of course, Spike, I-I always loved you," her eyes began to water.

I sighed as I continued to pack my bags. In honesty, I didn't have much faith in myself in repaying the debt either.

I hugged my mom. "Don't cry Mom, you still have Dad," I tenderly rubbed her shoulder making her feel better.

She glanced to the hall. "I do have him, don't I?" she chuckled as she wiped her hands on my darker green spot on my outfit.

I rolled my eyes. "Don't worry 'bout it Mom, just, go talk with Dad," I said smiling at her.

She nodded simply. "Okay Spike Skylar Sparkle. I will go talk with him," she smiled platting a kiss on my cheek as soon leaving the room.

I pat my shirt off. I sighed.This isn't going to come off easy, will it? I chuckled, my mom never cried like that, she will genuinely miss me. "Okay," I smiled I had a house in mind, it's called Golden Oaks Library, I sort of got a job there, before I even went to Ponyville. I smiled as I gave a slow look around my mostly empty room. I then walked off my suitcase full of the important, well, mostly important, I have some senseless things, I do have a dragon fascination. I brushed my hair in the wind. The wind was particularly soft today. I smiled as the slight breeze coated my face. I pulled out a pair of purple sunglasses that I bought from one of my old jobs. Mom said she had a surprise for me at the station, wonder what is it? I tapped my chin with my hand, I walked to the front door. She was already gone when I came down.

I stopped a taxi driver. "Where to?" the driver asked, even the taxi drivers are snobbish.

I sighed. "Airport please," I said I had cash on hand, I bought the house secretly from my mom.

"Of course, it's always the airport," the driver's voice was smooth but deep at the same time.

The drive was fairly short as because my house is closer to the airport, but clouds along the sky were bright white and letting little rays of yellow light beam onto my hand. I smiled as the light was wonderful on my hands.

The also have my hobbies in the back as well, I have a fair list: Guitar, bass, vocals, drums, piano, Spanish guitar, the sitar (Google it), and the Chinese guitar. I smiled at the cab driver unintentionally gaining his attention. "What's your deal kid?" his voice fell flat as if he wanted to die soon.

I looked to my hands. "Just, excited about my new life ahead of me," I tuned my head to see the people were walking by the houses that happened to be for sale in my town.

"Whatever," he said putting the turn signal on. With that a hard left followed, I clamped the seat of the car.

Finally after some scary experiences I made it to the airport. "Here we are kid, get off," he said before extending a hand; he wanted cash of course.

"Here you are," I said reaching into my pocket for some change.

The man counted carefully. "Have a good day," his voice still flat.

I walked to the security scan; my bags fitting perfectly through the scanners. I had no trouble through the scan. I then approached the seats, being a bit earlier than I would've. Suddenly I startled by my mom, my dad, and my ex-co-worker/friend. "Oh, uh, hey Mom, what brings you here?" I chuckled as I got up after getting startled by the people I know.

"What am I chop liver?" my old co-worker chuckled as he pat my shoulder.

I rolled my eyes. "Hey, Aster Ryan Risks," I chuckled; his name if you think about it is something we all know. (Take away his middle name, and R make it one word).

I sighed. "Well, I-" I was cut off by a voice.

"Attention all attendants of those going to Ponyville, please step aboard," the voice said, I got up soon after.

I rubbed my green hair. "Well, I'll see you sometime Aster, Mom, Dad, bye," I rushed to catch my flight. I got on the plane set to go to Ponyville, a town more... rustic than Canterlot. With that out of the way. Let's go to Ponyville!