• Published 15th Jan 2014
  • 2,371 Views, 18 Comments

MLP- Wizard of Oz - Votederpycausemufins



What would happen if Applejack became Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz and her friends were in Oz with her?

  • ...
3
 18
 2,371

chapter 1: Arrival and a Twicrow

Part 1

The pegasi were about to start the tornado to bring water to cloudsdale and everyone needed to take cover. Granny Smith and Big Mac were in the cellar, and Applejack was going with Winona to get the cutiemark crusaders, there too. When they reached the clubhouse, Applejack found they had already left, but it was too late.

"Winona, get in here. The tornado is starting and we need some cover!"

Winona's fur was wet from water coming all the way from the pool. Applejack started to dry her off with a curtain. She didn't know how long they were going to be in the clubhouse, so Applejack went around the room collecting items to make a temporary bed for herself and Winona. It was made from some of the other curtains and a few very large blankets from the last cutiemarks the girls had tried for. ("CUTIEMARK CRUSADERS SKYDIVERS! YAY!) The two fell asleep quickly, as they were tired from getting from the farm house to the clubhouse. Shortly after they had, the clubhouse started to move. The tornado had enough wind power that the clubhouse was lifted off of the tree. After being in the air for about an hour, it landed with a slight crash. It woke up Applejack and she woke up Winona, who somehow stayed asleep. She went outside to find the clubhouse looking like it had when she first gave it to the CMC's and a place that she had never seen before.


Part 2

Around her, she found many things all colored blue. Then she saw the girls.

"Applebloom! Sweetie Belle! Scootaloo! Are you three all right? And what in tarnation happened to your manes? It's not bad enough for you three to have been styling each other's manes."

"Applebloom? What do you mean? And who are you?"

"What? Ahm your sister! Stop playing games. And wha..."

"Hello there. What is your name?"

Princess Luna had come up behind Applejack.

"Princess Luna? You too? This is just getting weird! *sigh* Fine, ahm Applejack," Winona barked, "and this is Winona. Who are you and what is goin' on 'round here?"

"Well first, my name is Locasta, and the munchkins wish me to tell you thank you for destroying the witch that ruled here."

"Witch!" said Applejack, "What witch?"

"The witch your house landed on, the wicked witch of the east, Gingema" Locasta told Applejack, leading her to the witch

"Nightmare Moon! But that's you! Well, it was you." Applejack could still see some of the tail of the crushed 'witch', and the black coat proved her thoughts further.

Slowly the tail disappeared, followed by the legs, until all that was left of Nightmare Moon was her shoes. Locasta used her magic to make the shoes go on Applejack and asked what she would like.

"Well since this ain't home, ah'd like to go there."

"Where is your home, fair Applejack?"

"Fair?" applejack inquired, "Mah home's in Ponyville. In Equestria. You know where that is, right?"

"No, I only know of this land, Oz, but maybe you can go to our Emerald City and see our wizard."

"Oz? Ah've heard of that before, but ah can't put my hoof on it. Anyway, how in the hay am I supposed to get to this here wizard?"

"You take this path of yellow bricks to the city. And before you go, I wish to give you my protection."

And with that, Locasta gave Applejack a kiss on the forehead and sent her on the road.

"Now ah know ah've heard of this before!" Applejack said to Winona.


Part 3

Applejack decided to go back to the clubhouse first and grabs some supplies. The cmc’s had a couple of snacks in the clubhouse. She also found her saddle bags.

“So now that’s where they got to, ah was just thinking about gettin’ some new ones.”

She packed the food and what else she thought she might need into her saddle bags and woke Winona from her nap.

She ran with Winona to the road and started off to the Emerald City. After a long time of walking, she found a place to stay with a rich colt, who was having a party for the death of the witch. During the party she was asked who she was, and how she killed the witch and what she was going to do next. Overwhelmed by the questions, she turned in early for the night and left right after breakfast.

Apple jack kept walking until Winona stopped in the middle of the road and kept barking. When Applejack turned to see what Winona was barking at, she saw Twilight, in a field, HANGING FROM A POLE!

“Twilight!” she said as she got her friend down. “How the hay did you get here?”

“Twilight?” Twilight replied. “Is that my name?”

“Yup, sure is!” Applejack paused, then continued. “Aw shoot, don’t tell me you’re actin’ like everypony else!”

“Am I? I didn’t know.”

Applejack sighed, “Well you are. Ever since ah came to… to… aw shoot, what’s this place called again?”

“I don’t know, I don’t even have a brain.”

Applejack snickered, “You? Have no brain? You must be kidding me!”

“Well I’m only a scarecrow. Only made a few days ago too! By the way, where are you going?”

“Um, ahm going to the Emerald City to see if a so called wizard can send me back home to Ponyville.”

“Ooo do you think maybe he could get me a brain?”

“Ah don’t know, but we’ll see. Come on, and don’t mind Winona, she don’t bite.”

“Don’t worry, I’m not scared of many things. Mostly I’m scared of just one.”

“And what in the hay would that be?”

“A lighted match…”

Author's Note:

So... the parts are aligned with the chapters of the wizard of oz book so what was going to be chapters is now parts in one chapter. (fyi i based the parts on the chapters so that i can have fun with this)