• Published 15th Jan 2014
  • 2,371 Views, 18 Comments

MLP- Wizard of Oz - Votederpycausemufins



What would happen if Applejack became Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz and her friends were in Oz with her?

  • ...
3
 18
 2,371

chapter 3: A Pony Of Tin

“Ugg, mah head! … where the buck am ah?”

“Same place as we were last ni-”

“AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!”

Applejack screamed. She saw Twilight in the corner with part of her mane dyed and a shirt and pants on. She also had blue eyes instead of her normal dark purple ones. It was the scarecrow from her dreams! Yet it was still there! She wasn’t dreaming!

“You okay… uh, what’s your name again Applejack?”

“Really? You’re asking me that? You just said my name.”

“Oh, sorry. Where is your brown and white friend?”

“Her name is Winona and she’s right… there?”

A.J. was pointing to where she and Winona were sleeping last night, but she was gone. Out the window, Applejack saw something moving. It was Winona chasing some butterflies. Winona stopped for a little bit and started going towards a blueish area behind her. Applejack grabbed Twilicrow and repacked her saddlebags. She lead her outside and the two headed toward where Winona was going, a small pond.

Applejack washed herself and Winona up and had some of the water to drink. They were about to continue on their journey when there was a loud noise.

GGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNN

“What the hay was that?!”

“I have no idea. Should we see what made it?”

“Ah reckon we should. Could be somethin’ dangerous, but ah’ve faced timber wolves before.”

“I don’t know what those are, but I guess that’s important. Let’s go!”

There were a few more smaller groans, nothing bigger than the first one they heard, but they were loud enough for them to follow to the source. When they first saw what the noise was coming from, it looked like a brownish, greyish blob, but as they got closer, the blob took a more pony like shape.

Fluttershy? No, wait, who are ya and why are ya groaning so loudly?”

“Not… now… need… oil…”

“Wha-”

“Oil, Now! ...If you... don’t mind that is. It’s… In the cottage… nearby.”

Applejack ran to the cottage and after a few minutes of searching, she finally found an oil can in one of the room she hadn’t seen yet, which of course had a bed in it. She quickly hurried back to her friends and started to oil what seemed to be a metal Fluttershy. After a while the can was empty and the metal pony was fine and moving just like any other pony.

“Thank you,” whispered the pony, “ I don’t know what I would have done if you hadn’t come. most likely wait here another year.”

“Another year! Y’all can’t be serious. You’ve been standin’ there for a whole year!”

“It’s true! If it weren’t for you coming this way, I would still have been stuck there. That reminds me, where are you going?”

“Why, we are going to go see the Ozard of Wiz!”

“She means the Wizard of Oz. Ya see, ah’m Applejack. Ah come from a place called Equestria, and ah’m hopin’ he can send me back home while Twilicrow here wants some brains from him ‘cause she doesn’t have any.”

“Do you think he might be able to give me a heart again?” the pony inquired.

“Ah don’t know. Guess it would be just as easy as givin’ Twilicrow her brains. Wait, what do ya mean be again… Ah just realized, we still don’t know your name.”

“Oh, yes, I guess I did forget that. My name is Flutrez*, and I used to be the caretaker of this forest.”

“Is it okay if I call ya Flutters instead? Your name sounds like it and ya look alot like mah friend Fluttershy.”

“Yes that is fine, but shouldn’t we be off? I know these forests and day is short and the forest large and my cottage is the only of it’s kind nearby.”

So the four of them left to journey through the forest, (after they filled the oil can to the brim.) and followed the yellow brick road. They were unfortunately slowed down from Twilicrow falling in holes in the road.

“Why don’t you just go over the holes Twilicrow?” inquired Flutters.

“Because my head has no brains and I do not know where to step. That’s why I’m going to ask the wizard for some,” replied Twilicrow.

“Oh, well you may want brains, but I think a heart is far better.”

“Do you have any brains Flutrez?”

“No, but I once had both brains and a heart and I would rather have my heart back.”

“If ya don’t mind me askin’,” started Applejack. “What happened for you ta lose them.”

“Well, if you’re up to a story, I’m willing to tell you how.”

“Ah’m fine with y’all tellin’ a story. Ah think that’ll be a good way ta pass the time.”


“I was a munchkin who helped to take care of the forest. I helped to keep it growing and safe for all of the munchkins. I sold the fruits that came from some of the tree’s to make a living. Many a munchkin believed I had so much kindness in my heart, I could dethrone the Witch of the East. She didn’t want this to happen, so she placed a curse on me.

“One day, I was climbing a tree to help a nest of baby birds whose mother had gotten sick and I had to take care of. The mother was mostly better, so I took her back up there. I somehow slipped for the first time in many, many years and badly damaged my leg. It was bad enough that it had to be replaced with a tin leg from a tinsmith.

“Another day, I was working on cutting down a dead tree which was blocking sunlight from saplings when my ax cut another leg off. Again I went to the tinsmith for a replacement. this happened again and again until finally I lost my heart and with it my love and kindness. The forest changed from a happy place to a place you would never want to be near unless it was the middle of the day. Even then there would be munchkins who would run away from it.

“I still tried my hardest to get it back to the way I had made it, but I never could. I even tried what would seem dangerous to many a munchkin, but I could do being a metal one. Then one evening, it started to rain, and I had forgotten my oil can. I did not realize until I was finding it hard to move and oxidized in the place I was standing when you found me. During the whole year I was there, I thought about If i could have a heart again, then I could fix the forest and maybe even the witch this time.”


“Wow, now that was a story Flutters. Ah reckon that wizard will give ya a heart right away if ya tell him that story, but there is somethin’ y’all should know.”
“And what could that possibly be?” asked Flutters

“The witch is dead. Ah kinda squashed her with mah sister’s treehouse/clubhouse.”

“Really?! Well, at least that will be one less thing to worry about during our trip.”

“Thank you for that story Flutrez. Still, I would rather have a brain from those two choices”

“Just remember, brains shall not make you happy, but a heart will.”

“You cannot tell if you are happy without brains…”

Applejack herself did not wish to be caught in this argument. She was too busy looking in her saddlebags and at what little food she had left. She still had plenty of water from the lake for herself and Winona. But there was only enough food left for one more meal. ‘Hopefully,’ thought Applejack, ‘Flutters can find some trees that have fruit ah can eat with Winona.”

Author's Note:

*so above, when the tin pony gives her name to be Flutrez, it's pronounced Floo-Trez.
By the way, I don't care if you grammar check me, go ahead.