• Published 13th Oct 2013
  • 8,347 Views, 168 Comments

Curse of the Demon Pony - JusSonic



A creature from Twilight Sparkle's past returns which has a connection to a long lost love of hers.

  • ...
58
 168
 8,347

Chapter 9: The Forbidden Eastern Room

Author's note
Billy Arratoon is right, VISION-KING. The figure is the 'behind the scenes' villain for now. Also, I won't be having any ponies following him into the final battle. I am using Heckhounds. It won't make sense for what I have in mind.

cornholio4, no curse will be transferred. As for the horn part, Boris's punishment is similiar to that.

Chapter 9: The Forbidden Eastern Room

Inside Twilight's house, the ponies were having a conversion. Rainbow said, "Well, I got to admit, we did one heck of a good job last night."

"Yeah," Scootaloo remarks with a smile making Rainbow glares at her. "Oh...what you and the...eh, never mind."

"Once breakfast is done, we're taking our new friend, figuratively speaking, to the princesses." Rarity said with a nod. She notices Twilight is looking through the book. "May I ask why you're still looking through, Twilight?"

"Well, the book mentioned something that is supposed to free the Were-Pony from its curse." Twilight explains. "But it appears to be in some sort of riddle. According to the legend, the only way to restore a Were-Pony back to normal is through harmony and love."

"The harmony part is easy!" Pinkie explains happily. "It's the Elements of Harmony, of course! The love...huh, that's easy too! It's true love!"

"Why yes, true love." Fluttershy said with a giggle but looks puzzled. "Does it mean true love for the Demon Pony?"

"Who would love something like the Demon Pony? No offense." Spike remarks with a shrug while eating some cereal.

Suddenly, as the Mane 6 & CMC group was having a nice discussion, something interrupted it.

"Hey everypony," Shouted a voice before it came bursting through the doors into the room where the ponies were. It was none other than Derpy who looked both tired & shocked for some reason? "I just heard the news!" The crossed-eyed pony states about hearing something.

"About how awesome I was?" Rainbow Dash proclaims to boast this for her stature.

"Honey please, she musta heard about how 'de Demon Pony was captured." Applejack rolled her eyes at this ego of the pony while stating what Derpy meant.

"Wow, news sure travels fast in Canterlot, Twilight," Fluttershy spoke, surprised to hear that the news reached so many now.

"Yeah, but to arrive here so sudden after the letter," Twilight Sparkle replied in being somewhat puzzled by this message.

"Maybe it's a party to celebrate our work, oh, maybe I can use my new and improved Party Cannon!" Pinkie Pie cheerfully exclaimed the idea that it was some plan to have a party for their victory.

"Pinkie, maybe you should keep that level of party from last night's fiasco to a minimum." Rarity spoke somewhat cautiously in fearing that while the pink pony enjoys a good party or big surprises, her 'improved' cannon might do a little too much if not careful about it.

"But you guys don't understand, the Demon Pony is still on the loose!" Derpy states to tell the Mane 6 that the news was the opposite of the good news that they wished to hear.

"What!" All the ponies & fillies yelp out in shock surprised reactions to hear this as they got up to rush pass Derpy out the door before the Pegasus got herself together to follow the rest that passed her. No sooner did all the ponies reach outside to find the destroyed cage forced open, destroyed ropes & chains & no Demon Pony in sight. It was true; the monster that the Mane 6 has captured was free once again.

"What the; It got loose? HOW," Rainbow Dash ask in disbelief, they had the Demon Pony perfectly subdue, so how?

"Hmm, looks like we have a mystery on our hands!" Pinkie Pie exclaims a bit puzzled before bringing out her detective hat & bubble blow pipe. "A case I'll solve to crack." The pink pony declares before snooping around for clues, "Ah-ha! A clue," She held up to the ponies what was a familiar doll.

"Nyx's Smartypants doll, why's it out here?" Fluttershy ask puzzled in seeing this like all the rest.

"Nyx," Twilight looks to her daughter with a serious mood in liking an explanation here.

"I'm...sorry mommy, I just wanted him to not feel so sad." Nyx apologize while explaining her actions of last night. "I also wanted to thank him for saving me before I met you. He also sounded concerning what I said about you adopting me, mommy." This made a lot of the ponies raise an eyebrow in catching that strange statement. "But...he was being very nice about saving me, plus a thanks for the concerns." The black filly assures that nothing bad had happened after that.

This got Twilight's attention, the Demon Pony showing some humane-pony signs is one thing, but concerns about her...it's almost like the creature had...feelings for her.

"Well, we know a little like Nyx saying she saw the Demon Pony, but what happened to the cage & all the other things here," Rarity states about the bigger picture, how what they caught escaped.

"Ah-HA; Another clue," Pinkie Pie shouted that brought attention to her. "These bars...were busted open!" The pink pony declared to hold crucial evidence of what happened.

"But Pinkie, we already see that." Sweetie Belle stated that the ponies figured that the Demon Pony broke the bars from just looking at the scene.

"Oh, but did you see closely at the marks!" Pinkie Pie exclaim with a prideful smile to hold her magnifying glass in stating something...interesting to see.

From a magnifying glass on a bar she held, everypony saw to which they gasp. There were claw marks that dug deep in the iron bars, plus different from the claws that the Demon Pony was seen with
.
"What 'de Sam Hill are they?" Apple Bloom asks puzzled in not recognizing those marks.

"They look like claws, but of what?" Scootaloo state puzzled in what she thinks they are.

"The most likely suspect, the Demon Pony had assistance in breaking out!" Pinkie Pie declares from her detective act in knowing what this clue points towards: assistance.

"An' how is 'dis varmint strong enough 'ta break ropes, chains, even with diamonds locking 'dat pony down?" Applejack asks still somewhat in doubt about this escape act. "Even me, Big Macintosh an' anypony else fro' our Apple Family like Tough Apple have their hooves full in trying 'ta bend a bar much less break 'dis cage in one night's work!" The cow-girl stated that the cage's designs were suppose to be strong to hold even the toughest of ponies' brute strength.

"Wait a second; claw marks, excessively strong, those sound like qualities for..." Twilight gathered the little facts to realize another matching description.

"Eeep; A dragon; Here," Fluttershy yelps with terror, being afraid of such creatures.

"Then we know who the jail-breaker is, it's...SPIKE!" Pinkie Pie soon point at the accused being, their own dragon pal, in this escape!

"M-m-m-ME," Spike blabber out in shock that he was a suspect. "Girls, wait! I admit that I can be bribed with gem stones, but even I'm not crazy to release something like that Demon Pony out of his cage!" Spike protest that sure he's done things that he himself wasn't supposed to, but this is a line that the dragon would never cross.

"I agree, Spiky-Wickey is not to stoop to such degree!" Rarity act in Spike's defense, much to the dragon sighing with love-doopy eyes at the mare.

"Well no large dragons were spotted, anypony would have noticed." Rainbow Dash stated that if a big dragon was seen, they all would have heard something about it by now.

"Um, excuse me...but there's more that you have to hear." Derpy interrupt this moment to speak now to the group.

"Oh Derpy, we're sorry, we were just caught up in this." Nyx apologize, with all this happening, the group has forgotten that their other friend was nearby.

"It's okay, but there's more to my news." Derpy replied understood before continuing. "A lot of ponies are doubting your ability to handle this."

"What! But the princesses said that this was our case!" Pinkie Pie yelps out while removing her detective outfit in shock to hear this.

"Derpy, exactly how many are doubting us?" Applejack asks in hoping that the size of doubters isn't too great.

"Well, there are very few that believe that you can do it. The ones that I know of are like Donut Joe that knows Twilight, & only the celebrities that Rarity's got connections to." Derpy thought over to give the only knowledge of an answer that she could.

"And..." Applejack waited, hoping for more, but...

"That's all, other than Shinning Armor & Candace, everypony is questioning the princesses' judgments!" Derpy exclaim that the only supporters they know are with them, but it's so few. "So much that Celestia had to make a big, hard decision."

"A…harsh decision." Twilight hesitate, not liking what this will end like.

"That the job to put a stop to the Demon Pony's rampage goes to...Boris!" Derpy explain the biggest news to be told today.

"Boris!" The group responds in not liking this news a lot more than less before.

"Yeah, the stallion has a plan to kill it, but is keeping it to himself & only a few others!" Derpy exclaim that Boris has a way to kill the demon for good.

"That's crazy!" Rainbow exclaim in shock. "Celestia couldn't let that jerk go and kill him!"

"Yeah, but unfortunately, the princess is giving in to the demands."

"We got to go and try to at least tell Celestia what we know...and try to talk her out of giving Boris this task." Twilight said in worry. The last thing that Equestria will need is blood on their land!

"I wanna come too!" Spike said, with pleading eyes. "I'm always left out of these cool stuff you do!"

Twilight stared at Spike. Sure, her assistant has a point of being left out allot and it wouldn't hurt to let him help; But if the Demon Pony is out there...

She then turns to look at the claws on the lock and as if in her head, the unicorn has a voice...one she wished never to hear again.

"I'll return and make ALL of you pay! Their deaths will be avenged!" The voice said in her head.

Then afterwards, Twilight raced out while her friends looked puzzled before following the unicorn. Hearing the news that Boris is going to kill the Demon Pony, many thought it was harsh to kill a creature, especially one that maybe innocent.

-------------------

The group arrives outside the pub where Boris and his goons are discussing their plans. The ponies are outside waiting anxiously. The Royal Guard is around the princesses as well as Shining Armor as Twilight's group arrives.

Twilight looks a bit worried, not liking the angry looks that the ponies are giving them. She gallops up to Celestia's group while saying, "Princess Celestia..."

"Twilight..." Celestia said with a sigh. "I supposed you heard of the news. I got admit, I am not upset of your failure...just...disappointed. I know you did your best but…"

"Don't say that! Every time you sound disappointed, I feel like just a foal! Please, you can't let Boris kill the Demon Pony!"

"We feel the same way as you are, sis." Shining said with a concerned look. "But with what happened, the princess has no choice but to give in to the demands."

"Look, we did capture that monster last night but someone broke it out last night." Fluttershy explains.

Luna hold up a hoof, interrupting Fluttershy while saying, "Sadly, you will have to give whatever you find to Boris. He's in charge of the task now."

"Right, you still got your other responsibility which is to help out with the festival and such like originally planned." Celestia said in agreement. "Don't get me wrong: I want to end this without bloodshed but..."

"Ah, Twilight," A familiar voice said making Twilight frown deeply. She and the others saw Boris, Boxco and Dum-Dum, leaving the pub, coming up to them. The red stallion continues, "Good to see you here. I was worried that the Demon Pony has gotten to you first."

"Boris, you can't go and kill that Demon Pony." Nyx protests to Boris angrily. "There's something you should know."

"Not kill him? Will you listen to Nightmare Moon here?" Boxco remarks to the angry ponies while pointing at little Nyx. "They want us to let a monster like the Demon Pony live."

Some of the upset ponies mutter in agreed while Dum-Dum adds, "What, if we let creatures like Changelings, Discord or worst stay around, we wouldn't be around instead!"

"Sorry but you have your chance." Boris remarks with a shrug to the upset Mane Six and their group. "We can't let the Demon Pony continues running around, destroying stuff. I deeply regret how you and your friends weren't up to the task..."

"Now hang on!" Cadance protests with a frown before turning to the crowd. "Twilight and her friends were able to help Equestria before, helping ponies with their problems and saving Equestria more than once! Yes, something went wrong this time but you can't possibly think that they can't handle that task in reality. They are the heroes of our world like the M'agne before them."

Some of the ponies agree, getting close to changing their mind. Perhaps they should give Twilight a third chance. Boris of course isn't about to let that happen.

"Oh yes, Twilight and her friends have done good for us...but what about the bad that came with it?" Boris demands to the ponies not on Twilight's group's side. "Perhaps you all need a reminder. During the Changling Invasion, the Mane 6 were not fully prepared when one of them noticed something strange even to point out that only Twilight did a little good of bringing Cadance to Shinning Armor to make a close-call save."

"Now wait a moment," Shining protests, not liking where this conversion is heading.

"And let's not forget the event that led to Discord. While it's true that the Mane 6 have stopped him, had anypony wondered 'how' the evil God of Chaos returned in the first place? Boxco & Dum-Dum were there at the garden scene at the itme and noticed the CMC arguing that caused a tiny crack on Discord's statue that continued to grow"

This statement get most of the ponies upset at the little fillies (and just cause Boris is a sly shrew). The CMC look worried as they hid behind Spike and Nyx.

Boris finally gets to the final part, "And finally, there's Nightmare Moon! While the Mane 6 have returned Princess Luna from who she was, the darkness that was once her remained and has taken the form of a black filly, harmless looking, but what created her was no short of the cult's purpose to bring Eternal Night over the land."

Nyx looks a bit worried as she hid behind Twilight. Boris is now regaining control of the whole situation. This may get ugly in a moment.

"Now hold on there a moment!" Rarity protests to Boris with a frown. "Yes, it's true that we weren't prepared for the Changeling invasion and we got ourselves, even Celestia and Shining did for themselves, to blame for not listening to Twilight in the first place. But at least we tried to get to the Elements of Harmony and Cadance was indeed found in time."

"An' sure, 'de fillies released Discord but they didn't know 'dat Discord was a statue at 'de time!" Applejack snaps angrily in agreement. "Mah sister an' her friends got it rough during 'de Gabby Gums incident an' Ah sure as 'de Herd don't want them 'ta go through 'dat again!"

"Right, and the darkness part, the true evil that was Nightmare Moon were long gone from my daughter." Twilight adds, defending Nyx. "Spell Nexus was only under its control until Nyx was realizing things without her 'dark' half misguiding her to make the right choices. It was around then that my daughter confronted her own 'dark' part before finally ending the terrible reign of fear of Nightmare Moon."

Boris pauses and realizes something. With the right tracking spell, he can use Nyx, a being of 'darkness', to find the Demon Pony that was made with 'darkness' of the Mini-Were relating closely to it.

"Say, that reminds me: I betcha Nyx helped it escape." Boxco remarks evilly.

"Yeah, if you captured it, the little monster must've helped it escape. Was she awake during the whole time?" Dum-Dum remarks, making some of the ponies mutter a bit.

"Well, she was up before the Demon Pony was released...but only to give him her doll to sleep before. Then Nyx went to bed!" Twilight insists in concern. "My daughter doesn't have enough power to help him escape!"

"Still, what happened is a big cause for concern! I'm going to have to question Nightmare Moon about this!" Boris remarks sternly. Applejack and Pinkie got in the red stallion's way, "Oh, what? Get out of my way, Earth pony filth!"

"You ain't going near our friend's daughter!" Pinkie snaps furiously to Boris.

"You better! The princess have me authority to handle this matter any way I see fit!"

"Princess, you can't let them take Nyx!" Twilight insists to Celestia who look sad and conflict looking. "The last time you did..."

"I know, I know...but I got no choice." Celestia groans in sadness. She hates to put Twilight through what happened again but the demands are too great.

"Wait, where is Nyxie?" Shining ask puzzled. The ponies notice that Nyx is no longer around...and Spike and the CMC are missing too!

"Uh oh; the little ones and Spike must've vamoosed!" Derpy exclaims in amazement.

"Ugh, great; now I got two more things to find!" Boris snaps in annoyance as he slaps himself on the forehead. "Well, we will find her...and we will find him too. Come on, boys."

Boris and his goons leave. The Mane Six couldn't believe the turn of events. While there are some ponies who believe in them, the rest are too scared and upset, enough to allow Boris their free run.

"We got to do something!" Fluttershy exclaims in worry.

"As of now, we got a festival to prepare for; No worries, hopefully Boris won't end the Demon Pony's suffering," Luna said with a deep sigh.

-------------------

"I don't like the idea of us running away like this!" Spike complains as he, Nyx and the CMC running through an alley of Canterlot. "We should at least try to stay and help Twilight and the others."

"Nyx, Ah done surprised 'dat yew didn't want 'ta give yourself up." Apple Bloom said in concern to Nyx. "What about 'dat shield cutie mark 'dat yew got fer protecting ponies?"

"I know...but the Demon Pony saved me...and he's a pony so I must protect him first." Nyx explains to Apple Bloom with a sigh. "We just need to find a clue as to where it was hiding while he was in Canterlot."

"Uh oh; Hide." Scootaloo yelps as the group saw some guards down an alleyway, making them hide.

"Make sure you search everywhere." Cracker Roll order the men sternly. "Find the fillies and their dragon friend. And if you see the Demon Pony, do not try to confront. Inform Boris at once."

Cracker Roll leaves, leaving two Pegasus guards behind. As the hidden group watch, one guard ask the other, "Why are we searching for four fillies and one baby dragon? I mean, yes, one of them is the former evil of Nightmare Moon but it sounds silly, doesn't it?"

"Yeah, but Boris thinks that she may have knowledge to the Demon Pony." The other guard explains. "I find it silly but orders are orders."

"I have never seen almost every pony in Canterlot freaked out over getting one Demon Pony. Including the princess though not so freaked out."

"I don't understand Celestia's sudden interest in that creature."

As Nyx's group listen on some more, the first Pegasus guard explains, "The princess has been wanting to capture it for years ever since that colt's disappearance years ago. And between you and me, she is strangely obsessed about it."

"How so," The other guard asks his pal curiously.

"Well, you know that room in the eastern side of the palace with a door that is marked with a colt like hoof?"

"The one that has been locked for years and that no one is allowed to enter, even Celestia wouldn't step hoof in there? And nothing can unlock it except for alicorn magic?"

"Yeah, that room used to be his room." The first Pegasus guard explains to his fellow guard sternly, "At least, according to my general before his retirement. One time, I saw Princess Celestia outside that room, staring at it in grievance as if missing that colt. Granted, I've never seen him or been in that room. But I can tell that something's up."

"What makes you say that?" The other guard Pegasus guard asks curiously.

"One time, I could've sworn that Celestia said in sadness, 'Oh, I missed you so. My young little'...but then Cracker Roll interrupted my watching, scolding me to get back to my duty. The princess was cut off as if she was about to say something important. Apparently, Celestia has something in that room that she doesn't want anypony to find."

"Well, it isn't like us to spy on the likes of the Goddess of the Sun after all."

The two Pegasus guards leave to resume their search. Sweetie blinks while asking, "'His room'? Are those two implying that Ben Mare lived at the palace; But why?"

"Maybe he was a guest?" Spike suggests with a shrug. "But I don't understand."

"That's one clue that we can for. Come on." Nyx said in determination.

"You mean, go to the palace? But they're looking for us."

"Hey, I have sneak around Castle Canterlot before. What is your excuse?"

----------------

Inside the throne room, Celestia came in concern. She didn't want the Demon Pony to be killed, the princess still got questions as to the colt's disappearance but still, she has no choice but to give in the angry ponies' demands. Hopefully Twilight and her friends, who are preparing for their jobs in the festival, will forgive her.

"I don't understand." Celestia mumbles. "How could Twilight fail me unintentionally? How did the Demon Pony escape?"

"Oh, the 'creature' had a little help." A voice spoke out. Celestia's blood almost froze upon hearing it. Soon a familiar cloaked figure appears...and the alicorn's eyes widen in shock as she saw his scar.

"You...what are you doing here?"

"Why don't you fight me and find out, Celly?"

Princess Celestia frowns as she fires a blast from her horn, but he misses. The villain shoots out flames with the ruler dodging them. The two have one intense fight.

"Once again, what happened had gone under your own nose; I almost feel sorry for you, my dear." The figure taunts Celestia. "Your old 'friend' had help in his escape."

"So it was you. Why?" Celestia demands to the figure sternly.

"Two reasons. 1, Boris needs to meet the demands of the ponies who want the Demon Pony stopped. And two, I got big plans for Equestria which involves certain dragons from the pal, my father's spell and the Elements of Harmony."

"I won't allow you to do this! Just because of..."

"Don't bother asking me to give out any further details, Celly," The figure remarks. "Just focus on tonight. Tonight, Boris will kill not one cretin tonight, but TWO."

Celestia demands, "What are you talking about?"

The figure states, "Wouldn't you like to know?" He vanishes, his laugh of insanity still echo throughout the room.

Celestia, now alone again, looks terrified and worried. What 'cretins' is he talking about? One of them is probably the Demon Pony...but two?

For that reason, Celestia fears more for the lives of her subjects even more.

------------------

Meanwhile, back at Castle Canterlot, the four CMC and Spike arrived to the area.

"There it is, guys." Nyx said.

"I hope you know what you're doing, Nyx." Spike said in concern.

"Of course, I do. Luckily, I know my way through here since I was once Nightmare Moon." Nyx whispers to her pals. It's true; the filly knows her way around the castle by now so it's easy for her to know where to go to.

The forbidden door lies in front of the four, as if inviting them all to open it. Apple Bloom tries to open it but to no prevail.

"Rats, it's locked." Apple Bloom said with a frown. "An' alicorn magic is 'de only way to open it."

"And Nyx isn't powerful enough to do." Sweetie said sadly.

"Well...I did learn some magic from mommy over time." Nyx admits to her friends thoughtfully, "When she wasn't teaching Dinky or Sweetie Belle of course."

"Yeah, you should've seen her. Nyx learned some magic and adapts to it like a pro." Spike remarks in agreement.

"Then how about you try opening the door?" Scootaloo ask Nyx hopefully. "It doesn't matter what spell you use, just use a bit of magic to get this door open!"

"I will. Just hold on." Nyx said before she focused her magic onto the door, and then, a lock clicking sound was heard, making her exclaim, "I got it!"

"Thank goodness." Scootaloo mumbles. She opens the door as the group enters a room that was locked away until now.

The fillies and Spike were almost jaw dropped as they saw what appears to be a messy up bedroom. Some stuff have been turned over, ripped apart especially the bed sheets, along with some curtains and other stuff. There appears to be what appear to be some books that is either ripped open or left intact.

"So 'de secret o' 'dis here room is 'dat it's a mess?" Apple Bloom asked in disbelief. "Looks messier than mah own room!"

Nyx heard a squeaking voice, looking down to see that she steps on some sort of phoenix doll. The filly picks it up, looking at the thing in wonder.

"I wonder who owned this." Nyx mumbled to herself in sadness.

"Look at this!" Spike exclaimed. The fillies saw that the dragon has picked up a ripped up page. It is a drawing of a brown colt with Celestia, both of them are smiling. Part of it is ripped but two words are shown: 'Ben Mare'.

"So 'dis was his room." Apple Bloom said in concern. "But why would he be staying here o' all places? Was Ben a guest or..."

Nyx turned and gasped, making the others turn to see a portrait that had been slashed with four deep slashes, mostly on the face and where a cutie mark should be. It looks like that of a brown-coated colt with a spiky-like brown mane, green eyes and a long tail.

"Weird." Nyx said puzzled. That colt in the portrait...his eyes are familiar, but where did she seen them before, and in a different color? Spike began to move up the slash parts to get a closer look.

Suddenly Scootaloo leaned against a wall and yelped as it got pushed aside. The others turned and saw that the little Pegasus filly had found a box with a name tag on it.

"What's 'dis?" Apple Bloom asks curiously as the group came closer for a better look, "'Ta: Twilight Sparkle. Fro': Ben Mare'. Looks like a gift fer Miss Twilight!"

"How nice," Sweetie Belle said, "I wonder what's in it?"

"I don't think we should open it. It isn't even ours." Spike said in worry, not liking the idea of opening others' gifts.

"Just a sneak peek," Scootaloo suggests.

Nyx opens the box and open the lid, the little alicorn saw what appears to be a necklace with a diamond in the center inside.

"Wow...is this really for mommy?" Nyx ask curiously as she lifts the necklace out with one hoof.

"Must be; It said so on 'de card." Apple Bloom assumed.

Nyx grinned as she's about to put it on...

"DON'T TOUCH THAT!" A roar yelled. The group gasped as they saw the Demon Pony at the window nearby which is opened, looking at them in both shock and anger.

The four moved out of the way as the Demon Pony rushed forward and grabbed the necklace from Nyx, putting it back into the box and right back into its hiding place.

Glaring at the intruders, the Demon Pony demanded, "Why did you all come here?"

"Sorry, we didn't mean to..." Sweetie began to say nervously.

The Demon Pony snapped furiously, "You shouldn't be here! Do you realize what you all almost have done?"

"Wait, hang on!" Nyx protested, getting worried by the Demon Pony's raged face. "We were only trying..."

The Demon Pony pushed down a few stuff, "Get out!" The four gasped as they dodge more of his swipes as the creature knock down more stuff. "GET OUT!"

"RUN!" Nyx cried as she and the CMC ran off in fright.

"What was that?!" A voice shouted.

"It came from over there!" Another said.

The Demon Pony, calming down, begins to look worried and regretful. He rushes over to the window.

"Wait, come back!" Spike protested as the four rushed over to a balcony outside. They saw the Demon Pony climbing down the wall.

"Hey, how did you four get in here?" Two unicorn guards demand as they came to the four at the balcony. "This room was supposed to be..."

"Hey, it's the Demon Pony!" The other guard gasped upon seeing the Demon Pony escaping.

"We got 'ta go after him." Apple Bloom said in concern. "Come on!"

The fillies saw a drain pipe nearby and climbed down it, making Spike follow after them.

"Hey, come back, hey!" The first guard protests after the fleeing four. Then he groaned, "Honestly, have we ever caught anyone or done anything right during major crises?"

"I caught a pickpocket once." The other guard said helpfully to his friend.

------

"Wait, are you sure?" Shining gasps as Celestia was talking to him in her throne room. The princess was explaining to her nephew-in-law and the Captain of the Royal Guard as to what happened earlier.

"Yes, I am positive. He was here...and this same individual freed the Demon Pony." Celestia said to Shining whose is both shocked and furious that the figure is back.

"Should Twilight know?"

"No. She has enough on her hooves. We will have to wait for until the figure strikes again. In the meantime, keep an eye on Boris. I don't trust him and I don't want him to take another life along with the Demon Pony...if he survives any shot given to him."

"Yes, madam," Shining said with a nod. He leaves then growls the figure's name under his breath, "You monster. You won't take Twilight like you did Starlight..."

As Shining said the 'Starlight' name, a single tear falls to the ground...

---------

By now, it is nighttime. The monster is making his escape from the castle, both in confusion and anger. His Demon Pony self is less to control now. It won't be long until he lose all of what he himself used to be.

Unknown to him, three familiar figures are nearby, with smirks on their faces. Boris said quietly, "Hello, 'old friend'. It's time we put an end to our feud from long ago..."

"Looking forward to this, boss?" Boxco ask Boris curiously. The two minions knew that the villain was waiting a long time to put an end to this...as well as to cover up something from long ago.

Boris, for once, nice to his minion in his happy mood, admits, "Why, or course I am, Boxco; I can finally rid myself of HIM once and for all!"

"Yeah! Even if that claw guy threatened to kill you if you mess up," Dum-Dum laughs stupidly

Boris bonks him on head while snapping, "Shut up! Come, it's time to begin our hunt. One Platinum bullet, that's all it will take."

"But what about that spell," Boxco ask Boris curiously.

"I am only needing it for desperate measures...and I am not there yet."

Boris's group then rush after the Demon Pony on foot or wing. Unknown to them, four familiar figures came out of hiding, shocked at what he just said.

"Boris is going to kill the Demon Pony!" Scootaloo exclaims in horror. The four wanted to find the Demon Pony and help him. They finally figure out the whole mystery.

"What spell is Boxco done talking about?" Apple Bloom asks, puzzled about what Boxco mentioned.

"Hopefully we won't find out ever!" Spike exclaims. "We got to save the Demon Pony, but how?"

Just then, Nyx spots something, a window that was smashed that was yet to be repaired. The filly smirks while saying, "I got an idea."

-----------

The Demon Pony ran through an empty part of Canterlot, sweating a bit. He felt more horrible about what he himself did. The creature had scared Nyx and her friends. He didn't mean to, the cursed stallion was scared of what would happen should...

Suddenly a magic spell almost hit him, making the Demon Pony turn to see Boxco appearing, yelling, "He's over here, Boris!"

The Demon Pony, gasping about hearing the Boris name, quickly ran off. The monster yelps as Dum-Dum flies around him, trying to block his escape. The Demon Pony quickly escapes the Pegasis pony, in the open.

"He's in the open, boss! Get him!" Dum-Dum calls out to Boris.

Boris appears in one part of the open, spotting what appears to be the Demon Pony making his escape. He smirks devilishly. The festival of the founding will soon start and what happen will be away from every pony's eyes...minus his, Boxco and Dum-Dum. No one will ever stop him or know...

Boris aims his gun, filled with platinium bullets, at his target...and open fire!

-------------

The echo of the gun is heard throughout Canterlot, mostly to area near the castle where the founding festival will begin. The ponies, even the Mane Six in their combined outfits, are there, gasping in either surprise or sadness.

"Well, he did it..." Nexus mumbles a bit in amazement. "Looks like Boris have put an end to that creature and whatever suffering it has made to itself and everypony else." Shining frowns and curses himself; He was too late to try to keep an eye on that jerk.

"Well, hopefully the Demon Pony didn't suffer...if so, may the Herd have sake for him." Celestia said in sadness, turning to the Mane Six. "Twilight, I'm sorry but we have no choice but to allow it to be done..."

"I know." Twilight said while looking down. The mare was wanting to get this trouble done without any death...and want her questions to the Demon Pony answered, but it looks like neither will happen. "I just hope that Nyx, Spike and the CMC weren't caught in the gunfire."

"If any of them were, Boris will answer to us." Luna said with a sigh. There is a pause before the alicorn spoke, "Come, we have a founding to get under way..."

The ponies, satisfied and/or saddened that the Demon Pony matter has been put to rest, prepare to do the celebrations. The Mane Six looks down in sadness, fearing sadness and pity for the creature. Even if he was a threat, they feel like this is wrong somehow...

-----------

Boris smirks as he came to the fallen Demon Pony with his minions following him. The red unicorn said, "Boys, time to bring the corpse to the princesses. Once Twilight sees this..."

"Uh, boss? Problem," Dum-Dum said in concern. He and the others notice something odd about the Demon Pony...and the fur is moving.

To their shock, four familiar figures came out of the 'fur', except this proves one thing. This isn't a Demon Pony, but a mannequin with black furry (shaved off) dresses to make it looks like the monster! And what's more are the four ones who helped in making it.

"Awww, you ruined our Demon Pony mannequin!" Sweetie whines to the shocked trio. "Luckily, that bullet only hit the back part."

"What? Where is he?" Boris screams while grabbing Spike, shaking him in fury. "Where is the Demon Pony?"

"Let go o' Spike, yew Earth pony hating creep!" Apple Bloom screams as she charges at Boris but Boxco held her back with his magic.

"We saved him from you, Boris! We know something about the Demon Pony...and we won't let you harm him!" Spike snaps to the villain sternly. "If we have to convince treason to do so..."

"Shut up!" Boxco snaps as he slaps Spike, cutting him off. "What now, boss?"

"I think...I know what to do. Give me Nightmare Moon!" Boris orders as Dum-Dum tosses Nyx over to him. He then proceeds to put a spell on her.

"What are you doing to Nyx?" Scootaloo demands to Boris in worry.

"Using a tracking spell; As Nightmare Moon is a being of target, her aura can trace where the Demon Pony has went off to. Of course, it only last for a few seconds so I have to cast it when I needed the spell."

"My name isn't Nightmare Moon!" Nyx snaps to Boris angrily.

Boris ignores as an aura appears around Nyx. It glows into the sky and goes into the direction. The group saw that it's heading to the direction...of a familiar castle.

"The festival of course...and to her I bet." Boris said, mumbling the last part. "Boys, time we end this conflict! But first..."

Boris's group takes the group to a pet store that was broken into by the last madness. Spike yelps as he, Apple Bloom, Sweetie and Scootaloo are thrown into a cage before Boxco closes it, locking the four in.

"This will keep you four out of trouble. Boys," Boris snaps as he tosses Nyx over to Boxco and Dum-Dum. "Hide her! I don't want news of her capture to be released just yet. I will need her again for the tracking spell. Come on, boys, we have a party to go to."

Dum-Dum nods as he grabs a duffle bag nearby and put Nyx in it, zipping the thing close though making sure to give the former Nightmare Moon some air. Soon, the villainous trio quickly takes their leave.

"Leave Nyx and the Demon Pony alone!" Spike yells out as he and the CMC struggles uselessly in their cage at the departing villains who has Nyx in tow.

"Relax, we will leave them alone...once the Demon Pony's head is stuffed and on my wall!" Boris laughs cruelly to the captured four. "As for Nyx...well, I can always arrange a little 'accident' for her when all is said and done."

The captured four gasps as Boris and his minions left with Nyx. It looks hopeless. The Demon Pony is going to be dead...and so will Twilight's daughter!

All is lost apparently...