• Published 2nd Mar 2012
  • 1,269 Views, 48 Comments

Holed memories - The Psychopath



Fyra is an alicorn with no memory of her past. Will she remember when there is a friend in need?

  • ...
12
 48
 1,269

New discoveries

Twilight and Rarity had gotten over their incredible amounts of fear and took curiosity and disbelief and threw them onto their faces.Something was...not right about that "alicorn". It wasn't just the way she acted , nor was it the fact she was missing a cutie mark, it was.....deeper. Whatever the case, Rarity and Twilight were discussing the appearance of this new character while sipping tea from their glasses.

"Where did you find her Rarity?"

"I don't know. I was in my boutique , just about to get ready to take a well deserved beauty nap , until I heard somepony open the door. I went to greet the pony but there was nothing but a...filthy FILTHY black rag on the floor covered in dirt and...blood."

"Bl...blood?" Twilight looked at Fyra and saw the deep cut on her hind leg. It was still oozing out a bit of red , but nothing too dramatic.

"How come she hasn't been screaming in pain? It looks pretty deep."
"That's what I don't understand. She seems to have gone through much but doesn't seem to be reacting to any of the other small cuts and bruises that she has."
"Well let me ask Spike to get the first aid kit. Spike!"

Fyra and Spike had been poking at each other. Fyra wondered what this little scaley creature was , while Spike looked around her to see if the wings or horn weren't there by magic or were taped or glued. Spike turned around after his calling.

"Yeah?"

"Could you get the first aid kit near my bed?"

"Sure Twilight!"

Spike gleefully went to the stairs near the bookshelves and quickly climbed it. Sounds of ruffling were heard until he came back holding a squarish white box with a red cross on it. He climbed back down the stairs and handed it to Twilight , who quickly levitated it to her and started to open it's contents , checking for bandages and disinfectants. Fyra was watching the entire time , still on the floor. Twilight went close to her and spread out a bandage sheet.Rarity quickly stopped her before she could move closer to Fyra.

"Twilight!"

"Wh-what?"

"Look at Fyra , what's wrong with her?"

Apparently, Fyra's pupils had contracted and she was breathing irregularly again. She was staring at the cloth , the way it was spread...so familiar. Twilight quickly tried to calm her down.

"It's okay...Fyra was it? This is just to heal your leg , it won't hurt."

Fyra questioned this , what wound? She looked at her forelegs, nothing , then the hind, no-....oh. Apparently she was wounded.She was stricken with so much pain before that she didn't notice it. She lift her right hind leg a bit to get a closer look at the wound , but it was held by Twilight's magic.

What is that? It looks so cool! I wonder if I can do that."

While Twilight put the disinfectant on the wound, she didn't noticed Fyra making a muffled face , like she was trying to force something out. She stopped and panted a bit, then tried again. Rarity was trying hard not too giggle. Fyra gave up and waited until the purple...pony(?) went back in front of her to get near Rarity again. The alicorn checked her leg , it was neatly covered and well protected by the white cloth. This was yet another good feeling, she had nearly never felt, safety.

"Have you tried talking to her?"asked Twilight.

"Yes , but she doesn't appear to answer to anything you will ask her."

"The how come you know her name." Rarity blushed a bit , trying to find an answer.

"I..I don't know! She just told me her name after I told her mine."

"Really?" Twilight had a hard time believing this.'Fyra'," she said.

The red alicorn turned it's head away from spike, who was trying to rip off her 'fake' wings again. Twilight expected a 'Yes' or a 'What is it?' , but nothing but silence passed the alicorn's lips.

"Oooookaaaaay. Where do you come from?"

"..."

"So you don't want to say...that's okay , some ponies prefer not to say , personal stories and whatnot. Well, how did you get here? Are you related to the princesses?"

"...Princesses?" asked Fyra.

Both ponies eyes widened. Surely she knew of Celestia and Luna. Rarity spoke up a bit:

"Oh come on now darling. Surely you know of the princesses?" a nervous smile adorned her lips.

Fyra shook her head.

"Then...what do you know?" asked Twilight bending forwards.

Fyra shrugged, her wings ruffling a little , causing Spike to fall over and rub his head.

This was a strange feat. What kind of pony doesn't know about the princesses? They brought the day and the night! Even the youngest of fillies and colts knew about the princesses and their history...even if it was a bit tarnished. Twilight quickly went to a bookshelf and searched for 'The history of Equestria: basic knowledge'. She found and levitated it down in front of Fyra , who spread her forelegs forwards to greet this newcoming.

"There. If you really didn't know your history , then this will help you." a bit of irritation flushed through her words. The alicorn didn't seem to care.

Fyra looked at the pages and started reading through them fervently and carefully, trying to absorb every letter and word like a sponge. A little smile appeared on her face. Twilight was pleased that at least SOMEPONY liked her library and its books. Suddenly , a voice, one all too familiar , erupted inside the library , causing both Rarity and Twilight to start sweating cold pearls. It was too late to hide Fyra. They both stared at Applejack , trying to play it cool , while Spike tried to push Fyra inside the kitchen. She was just too big and was too concentrated on the book to notice anything happening to her surroundings.

"Hey Twi! How're ya doin'? Ah decided to take a little break from mah apple buckin' to see how you were doin'. Oh , didn't see ya there , hi Rarity," her thick country accent sprucing up the mood a bit.

She turned around to greet Spike but saw the alicorn reading her book , being slightly tipped over by Spike who was using all his strength to push her. He finally slouched down next to Fyra, wiping his forehead and catching his breath. She was just TOO heavy.

Applejack's reaction was much different from her two friends'. She chuckled a bit , surprising Twilight and Rarity.

"Wow Twi , that's mighty neat! You perfected yer flyin' spell?"

"N-no."

"Oh. It's an image then? You tryin' to make yer own story then? Tryin' ta get a good look at a character?"

"No."

Here , Applejack started feling a mixture of emotions , most notably surprise and worriedness.

"Then ya made her them wings , Rarity?"

The white unicorn shook her head.

"The horn?"

Rarity still shook her head.

Applejack turned her head slowly towards the alicorn reading a book and walked carefully towards the other two.

"Twi , is that a real alicorn?"

"Yes, yes it is , although I hesitate."

Applejack adorned a look demanding answers.

"Why would ya say that?"

"You know how I'm the element of magic?"

"Yeah."

"Well , whenever I get near princess, I can still feel intense amounts of magic flowing on and around me, same for Princess Luna. But with her, there's nothing. NOTHING! I can't feel any magic, no matter how miniscule, flowing from her. It's like she has none."

"But that's impossible. What's the horn fer then? Didn't unicorns have them because they can use magic?"

"That's true but...I don't know. And she won't talk. It's like she is afraid of everything around her. Just earlier she started to panic as I was going to put that bandage on her leg. This is urgent , and I need to alert princess Celestia and see what she can say about this pony."

"Don't you have anything about alicorns in yer library,Twi?"

"Surprisingly , no. But I guess that's a bit normal , seeing as princess Celestia never spoke of her past."

"Well , whatever.ya say Twi."

Twilight levitated a scroll and a quill to Spike who had fallen asleep on Fyra's side. She seemed to have noticed and liked the feeling , but continued to read. Twilight woke Spike up and asked him to write everything she was saying. Rarity and Applejack , on the other hand, preferred to take their mind off this mystery and talk about other things. Fyra kept reading her book. Who knew that there was so much that happened in this world. From the foundation of Equestria to Discord's rise to power , to the coming of the princesses, there was so much that happened! Fyra pondered , what did the future hold for the past , then?

Spike belched out a green flame , sending the scroll to Celestia. It barely took a moment that he already burped a response out. It simply read:

Are you sure about this?

Twilight rolled her eyes and sent the reply. Another answer quickly gassed the library.

That is most peculiar news. I will be right over with a few guards to see if this is not one of Discord's possible creations.

Twilight felt better now that she alerted the princess. Everything would be settled and surely the herald of the sun would get through to the red alicorn. Twilight looked back at this pony. She had already gone quite far in the book and seemed stuck to it. Her eyes gleemed with curiosity. But Twilight suddenly found herself on the floor. She had been struck in the head by....a cupcake.

"HEY, GIRLS!" yelled a particular pink party pony.

"Pinkie Pie!"yelled Rarity "This isn't the best time to be here."

"Why? Because you found another alicorn?"

"No! It's because....wait...how did you...?"

"Pinkie Pie always has her ways! Now can we throw her a welcoming party? Oooo oooo! What if I make her a GIANT
cupcake and put a normal cake in there? That would be perfect! And lots of confetti and baloons! Maybe I can test my party machine again."

Twilight stood back up , wiping the icing off her face.

"So you hit me in the face with that cupcake Pinkie?"

"Oh , sorry Twilight." Pinkie started bouncing around her" I tried out my party machine and it accidentally flung a cupcake towards your house." Pinkie swiped a bit of icing from Twilight and licked it. "Mmmm! Vanilla-lemon surprise!"

Pinkie caught the watchful face of Fyra , who was staring at her. The alicorn was now sitting up and following every movement of Pinie with her head.

"Hi there! I'm Pinkie Pie! I bet you love parties Fyra!"

"Parties?" asked the red alicorn.

Pinkie's face lit with glee.

"So you don't know what it is? OOOOO! Be throwing your first party ever! This needs something special. I'll invite everypony in town to-" but she was cut short by Applejack.

"I don't think that's a good idea sugarcube. It's best if we wait that Celestia arrives. Otherwise the ponies her might lose it."

"Ooooh....alright , but I'll still do it eventually!"

"But not right now?"

"Nope. Pinkie swear!"

Pinkie noticed that Fyra was imitating her , bouncing around behind Pinkie Pie with a gigantic smile on her face.

Oh no! Thought Applejack.She ain't gonna be like Pinkie Pie is she?

"Hahaha! You think you can follow me?" said Pinkie Pie."Try to follow me! Backflip!"

And as she said , Pinkie did a backflip. Fyra followed. "Cart wheel!" Pinkie put her four hooves in a circular position around her and started to roll around the library. Fyra bounced in excitement and did the same. Fyra kept imitating the laughing Pinkie Pie and was laughing as well.

Twilight , Rarity , and Applejack were somewhat irritated by the two Pinkie Pies doing acrobatics around them. After awhile, Celestia had arrived with ten royal guards and went near the door. Celestia was about to knock when she heard a crashing noise. It sounded like something fragile was destroyed. She started to panic , thinking her student and her friends were being attacked by this new 'alicorn'. A guard asked the princess to step back. His golden armor shining vibrantly in the light. He turned around and kicked the door down with the full strength of his hind legs. All the guards piled inside the library entrance , with Celestia following closely. They stopped in their tracks once they saw what was actually going on. It seemed that Pinkie was trying to teach Fyra to balance a spinning plate on a long wooden pole. While she had one on both fore hooves , one on her hind hoof ,, one on her nose , her head , and strangely , her tail, Fyra could barely balance one on her and caused it to fall. She was rubbing her head in shame , trying to be apologetic to Twilight for destroying her property.

The mysterious mare was starting to open up thanks to Pinkie Pie , who was laughing very hard.

"It's okay Fyra! I had the same problems when I first started. You just have to work your way up Pinkie Pie style and you'll get better soon." Pinkie was speaking in an almost muffled tone.She quickly caught glimpse of the princess and "yelled": "Hi princess!"

Apparently , Pinkie didn't notice the door being smashed down. Fyra was trying to reassemble the plate pieces , not finding it as funny as before when it was Spike who broke them.

"Princess Celestia! Thank Equestria you're here!"

"Hello Twilight. I assume that she is this new 'alicorn' you spoke to me of?" Celestia pointed towards Fyra.

"Yes."

"Where did you find her?"

"Well, I think Rarity can say that part." Twilight gave a nervous chuckle.

Rarity repeated what she told Twilight to the princess. The state in which the red alicorn was when found disturbed Celestia greatly. If this Fyra was indeed an alicorn , she would have been able to get to pony ville in one piece. Then there was Twilight who spoke about the alicorn's apparent inability to use magic or her wings. This was the strangest thing of all. Celestia had noticed that the pony was lacking a cutie mark, despite her apparent age and size.

"Twilight Sparkle."

"Yes, your majesty?"

"Do you feel that?"

"Feel what?"

"She emits no magic."

"I...I know , princess. I was just about to tell you that. I also think that she has had a memory loss or something similar."
"That would make sense , considering how she seems to love imitating your friend there."

Celestia pointed at Fyra again. She had gone over her phase and was busy tickling with a feather she found on the floor. She held it between her teeth and was trying to make Pinkie drop her plates. Pinkie was sweating a lot , straining herself not to laugh.

"H-hey! That's...heehee....cheating!"

Celestia readied her horn , in case this was a cover up, some type of disguise being worn by an evil creature ready to destroy the elements of harmony once they were reunited. She closened to Fyra who was paying no attention to her. Celestia's face had a very serious tone to it. Her wings were spread out , and she had a type of glowing halo behind her head.

"Fyra?" she said.

Fyra turned around , her crimson eyes gleeming at her , joy and satisfaction filling them. She was almost as tall as her sister Luna, just , a few millimeters shorter, but , Celestia was suddenly set aback. The alicorn dropped the feather from her mouth and was clutching her head and looking at the floor.

"Another memory?!" Fyra thought , a screech pulsating through her mind.

"Are you al-" Celestia tried to reach out to the red alicorn , but she just looked at Celestia , her iris glowing.

Fyra swung her hooves at Celestia while trying to stand her ground this time. She had the expression of pure terror on her face, like her life was at stake. Celestia tried get closer to her again , but Fyra just yelled:

"STAY AWAY!!!".

Her horn started to "activate". Unlike most magic imbued ponies, whose horns were surrounded by a sparkling aura, her's was surrounded by two funnels, both widening near the tip of the horn, and both looking like they were made of wind.. The smallest , inner funnel was of a dark grey. The bigger , outer funnel was whiter and opened much more near the tip of the horn. Fyra's eyes were starting to fill with tears. The library was shaking only slightly , and it seemed that the red alicorn was at full power. However , as Celestia attempted to grab Fyra ,the red alicorn's mouth spewed smoke, and a bright wall of fire appeared, blocking Celestia from her and Pinkie Pie. Mini bonfires started to appear all over the library.

"Oh no! My books!" yelled Twilight." My home! PINKIE PIE!"

"It's okay Twi! Let the princess deal with this, me and Rarity will get some water and help to light out these flames."

"Wait , maybe I can use a spell to blow them out?"

Twilight concentrated very hard , but her new spell didn't work on the the little flames dotted all over the library.

"W-what? That's impossible."

"Now is not the time to worry about that dear. Unless we do something , your home will be ashes."

"Okay! Princess, will you be alright?"

"Yes, Twilight. Guards, help them with this new task."

They all saluted the princess and yelled in unison: "Yes m'am!"

While the rumbling hooves could be heard, Celestia was concentrating on the flames, she had already pushed a hole through them, albeit a tiny hole , but she was already making quick progress. This alicorn was unusually weak.

However , while Celestia was trying to get through the fire wall , Fyra was remembering a horrid memory within that tower. Celestia's coat was of a purer white than Rarity's , and that seemed to affect her, the icing on the cupcake , however , was the halo of light behind the princesses' head.


Fyra first saw in blur , she was dizzy, but quickly saw some sort of metal hive-like object attached to the ceiling , shining on her with several balls of light. Fyra tried to get out , but she was stuck. She was held by four silvery clamps keeping her hooves down. She was also on some type of flat, grey table. She was much smaller than normal and could feel the lack of wings and a horn.

Suddenly , a giant thin creature came from her right, placing itself in front of the light in order to face her. It was adjusting a black rubber glove on it's right hand which, if Fyra looked correctly , was made of...metal? The creature wore black black boots made of some alloy that clomped on the floor every time 'it' took a step. Said creature seemed to wear a very long white coat of the cleanest variety which was held shut by several black buttons. The neck of the coat sticking upwards , covering the creature's mouth and nose. It wore weird goggles. The thing seemed to have several lens on it , allowing for an automatic adjustion for pinpoint accuracy. It's right eye seemed to glow as a little yellow dot through the lens. The creature also had nothing on it's head.

When it finished adjusting it's glove, it lift an eyebrow, and went towards a tray filled with strange small pointy and sharp objects. She was being operated on. As she turned her head to look at the "thing", she became aware of what was a pitch black environment. Several gigantic cages were in the corners of the room , filled with strange creatures who seemed...dead. There was blood everywhere. It was splattered on the walls , on the floor tiles , even on the ceiling , but none on the table. Oh no. The creature needed it to be strictly clean and disinfected. There was one trail of blood that bothered Fyra , however. It looked like the creature was dragging itself towards the far away door , and was killed before it could reach it. The little splattered dots of red all over the wall seemed to prove this.

She looked back at the thing. It was holding a scalpel and analyzing it scrutinously. He carefully placed it back on the tray , grabbed the side of it and it's support , and threw them violently on the floor in a seemingly furious manner , spreading the dangerous objects on the floor. It stood back up and laughed in a very deep tone. It then spoke.

"Now now. We don't need something so trivial as a scalpel. Let's use some...more modern equipment provided to me by some good friends."

The creature dragged a massive table next to Fyra's in great difficulty.

"Pfiou. That was heavy. Now then , which one shall I test first? Let's check what you need changed today, mahaha." The creature checked through a notebook and found a single line circled by red ink." Oooh. It seems that you are ready for the final phase. While I would've hoped that an imperfection like you would've just had the basic....hmhm...injection, it would seem that the higher ups have better plans. Let's see if you survive this or if you become one of those....complete failures."

It reached for what looked like some type of metal saw. The "saw" was in a circular shape all around the top of the device. The insides were filled with rotating saws each delicately placed on the edges. The only ones really need were the outside ones and the horizontal saws on the inside.

"Now then, I need to saw through your right side to inject this into you."

Fyra started squirming, trying to get as far way from that thing as possible.The creature sighed and let it's arms drop to its sides.

"Oh pffff. Come one! What are you scared of? You've had this happen to you many times over. This doctor took care of you in the least gruesome manners possible...unlike my colleagues. They have no thought of what they are doing, ignorants. Well then , it's time to begin."

The "doctor" activated the device , and started to drill into Fyra's side, she was screaming with the top of her lungs. The goggles of the doctor kept changing and rearranging themselves. Blood and flesh being sucked into the machine...almost entirely. The doctor then stopped. Fyra's side was almost drilled to the ribs. She could barely breathe and was expecting to die in a few seconds, but the doctor interjected:

"Now now. We won't have you dying on us , will we? We still need you. Now hold still."

The creature held a strange syringe in his...fingers? The syringe was filled with what looked like molten fire. He jammed it "gently" into Fyra's side and injected it. The red pony nearly died when she felt intense energies flowing through her, but she still couldn't move.

"There we go. Now for the last part, brain injection."

It grabbed a tinier drill. This one looked like two claws curved into an "L" at the end.

"Well, here we go."

Fyra ws paralyzed , but she didn't know why. She watched the drill as it activated , filling her ears with that horrible music of pain. It crept closer and closer to her forehead.

WHACK

Everything went dark.