• Published 8th Oct 2013
  • 472 Views, 7 Comments

War Between Gods - Verathuum



3rd and final installment of the Florian/Equestrian series. Florians help protect Equestria and eventually Equus.

  • ...
3
 7
 472

Chapter 6

Note: I edited the previous chapters slightly, so you might want to go back and at least skim over them if you've already read them before this chapter was uploaded.


“Yes,” Celestia replied, “I’m sure. You know what might help her feel more at home around you two?”

“What’s that?”

“If we all went out and tried to relax for a while,” Celestia suggested, “It’ll probably do us all some good to get to know each other.”

“Should we wait for Jolterix to get back from the training run?” Tennerac offered.

“How long will he be gone?”

“Another hour or so,” Tennerac said.

“Then yes, we can wait,” Celestia said.

“Should we wake up Luna for it?” Tennerac asked.

“Yes, she should be there if Jolterix will be,” Celestia reasoned.

“Alright,” Tennerac said. With that they went back to discussing emergency plans and such.

After a while, Jolterix returned from his beloved aerial training and Tennerac caught up with him.

“Celestia thinks we should do some bonding thing by having everyone go out into Canterlot for a little while,” he said.

“Alright,” Jolterix replied, too tired to argue, “Is Luna going?”

“Yes, Celestia’s making everyone go,” Tennerac told him.

“As long as I’m not the only nocturnal one suffering,” he said. Tennerac laughed but didn’t know Jolterix was halfway serious. He hated shopping in the first place, coupling with being tired from being awake and doing intense flight training; he was in no mood for any of this. Still, he complied and decided to tag along.

After a while, everyone had appeared by the foyer and awaited Celestia’s arrival.

“I don’t believe this,” said a groggy Luna.

“I know,” Jolterix agreed. He sighed deeply and opened the door, “Well we may as well get going.” Luna walked out followed by the mane six and they climbed into a cart only to find Celestia and Tennerac already there.

“Glad you could make it,” Celestia said.

“Well it’s not like we had a choice,” Luna said halfway frustrated with her sister.

“It’ll be fun,” Celestia said, “Plus the girls need to bond more with you two if they’re going to trust you,” she said to Tennerac and Jolterix.

“You’re raising the moon tonight so I can sleep later,” Luna told her.

“Done,” Celestia said fully expecting her sister to make a bargain like that. The mane six got in the carriage as well and soon they were off into Canterlot proper. When they arrived, they immediately were met with several Solar Guards but no Lunar Guards.

“Heh…at least they get sleep,” Luna said to Jolterix who was almost entirely awake at this point. Still, he nodded in approval at her.

Firstly, the large group went into several clothing stores that Rarity suggested, which only Rarity and Pinkie Pie found interesting. After that they went to a pet store that Fluttershy suggested, and several of the animals managed to wake up Luna completely. After that the group found themselves getting lunch at a local low-key restaurant. Even so, many of the paparazzi were after the princesses and the Florians.

In the midst of all the confusion from the reporters, there was a loud boom, and half the restaurant was being consumed in fire. Pieces of shrapnel flew every which way, one lucky piece managed to land itself in Twilight’s belly. Everyone immediately sprang into action: the guards and the Florians were scanning the area for any information on what was going on, and Celestia and Luna began to immediately heal Twilight’s wound. The guards found nothing and neither did the Florians and they began gathering up everyone and getting them into the carriage as quickly as possible. They made haste back to the castle and Twilight was brought into her room and given immediate professional medical attention. After about an hour, the doctor came out and gave a debriefing on what Twilight had gone through.

“She has some puncturing in her small intestines, but most of that was cleared up thanks to your healing spells,” the doctor said, “As of now, no medical help or magic will help her. Just let her rest. Then again, perhaps the Florians can help her?”

“I don’t think the Florians are willing to protect us militaristically and provide hospitals,” Luna said, “But we will let her rest until she feels better.”

“Then that’s all she’ll need. Good day,” with that, the doctor and nurse were on their way out of the castle.

“Well,” Celestia began, “What do we do now?”

“I don’t know,” Luna said, “I guess we just wait for Twilight to heal. Apart from that, life should continue on as it normally does, and the Florians will handle Discordia. I think we have little to worry about.”

“Very well,” Celestia said, “Would you still like me to raise the moon for you tonight?”

“No,” Luna said, “I’m wide awake now, but thanks.”

“Anytime,” she smiled, “I’m going to set the sun and I’ll be off to bed.”

“Good night, then,” Luna waved.

“Keep the night safe,” Celestia called back. “Goodness knows I can’t keep the day anymore,” she muttered to herself.