• Published 24th Oct 2013
  • 1,497 Views, 17 Comments

Twilight visits Sonic Team - Infinite Evil



Twilight finds out exactly what a sonic is.

  • ...
9
 17
 1,497

The flurry of A+ titles released in recent years...

"...and that takes care of the item #428 on the list."

Twilight had finished rearranging the books in the library. The task had been on her agenda for some time now and today she managed to get around to actually doing it.

"Oh! That means that I've finally finished the checklist for this month." Twilight said as she was marking off that item on her checklist. She made a mental note to make one for next month tomorrow.

Just as she was doing this, Twilight heard something. It sounded like glass shattering. The source of it came from upstairs, most likely the upstairs window.

"What was that?!" Twilight said.

She left her checklist on a nearby table and trotted upstairs to find out. When she got there, she found that something had smashed her window. On the floor near the window was a box. It had some sort of cover on it. Actually, the cover was underneath a piece of thin plastic on top of it. Twilight picked up the box with her levitation and saw what it was.

"Sonic the Hedgehog for Playstation 3?"

Twilight had heard Rainbow Dash talk about video games now and again, and the Sonic games would pop up every now and again. It got to the point where Twilight wanted to see what they were like and she did in fact enjoy them. However, she mostly played the older Sonic games and never got to play any of the newer ones. When she asked Rainbow Dash why she didn't own any newer Sonic games, she would just yell, "NO! NO! NO!!!" and kick Twilight out. The fact that Twilight didn't know about the quality of recent Sonic games meant that she didn't know to burn the item she was holding.

"A newer Sonic game? Hooray!" Twilight said jumping down the stairs.

"Finally, something new! Now I'll find out why Rainbow Dash doesn't like these newer Sonic games and it's A FREAKING NEW SONIC GAME!!!"

However, a truth suddenly struck her.

"But I don't have a ps3." Twilight said, now disheartened. However, immediately after Twilight spoke those words, there was a knock on the door. Twilight placed her copy of Sonic the Hedgehog on the table in the center of the room and went to open the door. When she opened the door, there was no one there.

"Hello? Did someone knock?"

No reply.

Just as Twilight was about to close the door, a box dropped out of nowhere, literally falling out of the sky. Twilight recognized what the box was and she brightened up to a joyous state once more. It was a box with a ps3 in it. Using her magic, she levitated the box and shut the door on her way back in. Now that she had all the nessecarry components to play her game, she wasted no time getting the box open and setting up her newly found ps3 in her room, hooking it up to her television. After several minutes of wire fumbling, she turned on the ps3 and after some system setup and whatnot, she was finally able to crack open her copy of Sonic the Hedgehog and be able to play it.

"Well then, let's see what's in store for me."


ONE HOUR LATER...

"...I understand now. I understand why Rainbow Dash always got angry when I brought up new Sonic games." Twilight said as she stood over a pile of ashes that was once formerly the found copy of Sonic the Hedgehog.

"WHY DIDN'T SHE TELL ME ABOUT THIS?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE PEOPLE THAT MADE THIS GAME?! ARE THEY TRYING TO KILL SONIC?! WHAT THE HELL?!?!"

Twilight stopped for a minute and took a deep breath.

"Calm down Twilight. It's only a game. A horrible game that took away an hour of your life that you'll never get back, but still just a game. Even better, a horrible game that shows you that there couldn't possibly any games as bad as this."

As soon as Twilight said those words, something hit her head. Twilight looked in the general direction the projectile hit her head. She saw on the ground another small plastic box. This time, the cover read "Sonic Unleashed." Twilight picked up the game.

"Another Sonic game?" she thought to herself. "It's recent," she thought to herself cautiously. "It can't be as bad as the last one though," she told herself, reassuring her that it would be okay.

"Might as well see what this has to offer." Twilight said as she put the disc in.


TWO HOURS LATER

"Even more of my life wasted. Wonderful." Twilight said. The pile of ash next to her had grown with the disintegration of yet another Sonic game.

Just as Twilight was about to leave, she was hit in the head by yet another object. She turned toward what had hit and it was yet another Sonic game. However, this one was different. This one didn't have Sonic on the cover. Instead it had a different character instead. Twilight recognized this character as Shadow. The game was Shadow the Hedgehog for ps3.

"Wait a minute," Twilight thought to herself. "Shadow the Hedgehog isn't for ps3. Wasn't it for the previous generation of consoles?"

She wasn't wrong. Shadow the Hedgehog did in fact come out on the previous generation of consoles. However, upon closer inspection, it appeared that the game was a pirated version ported for ps3. Twilight took the disc out of the box.

"Third time's the charm, right?" Twilight put the disc in and decided not to question it.


SEVERAL MORE DISINTEGRATIONS LATER

It was nearly four in the morning. Twilight had sent Spike to sleep over at Rarity's. He didn't argue against it, he just ran immediately after being told that he could.

Twilight had spent the entire day having Sonic games thrown at her head and playing said Sonic games and disintegrating them after they've proven their poor quality. She told herself that she should have stopped after the fifth one, but no. She convinced herself that maybe one of those games could redeem Sonic. Just one game that didn't suck. Only one was needed. However, that one game never came. Twilight tossed her controller onto the large pile of ash next to her. She wondered about what she should do know. Then she realized something.

"I spent an entire day playing these games. An entire day..."












































"WHO THE HELL MADE THESE HORRIBLE PIECES OF CRAP?!?! WHO IS EVIL ENOUGH TO DO THIS TO SOMEONE?! TO MAKE THEM PLAY CRAPPY SONIC GAMES?!?!" Her hair had exploded into fire, a rare thing to happen to Twilight. Her eyes turned into a terrifying shade of red. She was pissed. She wanted to find who made all of these Sonic games and she wanted to make them pay. She tried to remember who the developer was. Then one name came to her.

"Sonic Team. You'll pay for this. Oh yes you will. Just wait til I get over there to your headquarters. YOU'LL WISH THAT YOU WERE NEVER BORN!"


"Ray? Ray!"

The employee had just woken up from a dazed state. He looked around, trying to find the man named Ray.

The room was a mess. There were papers and trash all over the ground, bottles full of alcohol and various other liquids scattered around the room, and there appeared to be some sort of white powder on all of the desks as well. There was another man in a chair, typing erratically and nonsensically his keyboard.

"Ray isn't here. Sega wanted to talk to him about our next project."

The sound of typing had stopped. The employee turned his attention to the person who had responded.

"Jon? Oh thank god! I have something important to tell you."

Jon turned his swivel chair away from the keyboard and towards the employee. "Yes mate? What is it?"

"Something's coming." the employee said.

Jon looked at the employee with confusion. "Wait, what do you mean 'something's coming'?"

"I had an epiphany. I don't know what it is or why it's going to do so, but something is coming. It's coming here, for us."

"..."

"HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!"

The employee stood there speechless as Jon started laughing erradically. Then he burst into laughter as well.

"AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

"We're Sonic Team!" Jon exclaimed. "What could they possibly do to us?!"