• Published 3rd Oct 2013
  • 385 Views, 5 Comments

Learning to Love and Tolerate - ShadowPheonix2115



An Inter-dimensional traveler has accidentally landed in Equestria. A land where violence is rare, and peace and love prevail. Can he cope with this new world after spending most of his life fighting?

  • ...
2
 5
 385

Strange New World

Strange New World


Alex awoke to find himself tied to a wall. Alright step one: Where am I? He looked around. He was in a small shack, that had clumps of hay all over the ground, and smelled of apples. Great, looks like I was found by some paranoid redneck. Probably thinks I'm some alien here to steal all the earth's woman or something. Really starting to hate blacking out upon arrival to every dimension. He looked at the rope tied around his wrist. The rope was strong, but the knot was pretty simple. Just tug at this loop here and.... The rope fell from his wrist. There easy enough now to get out of- “Ow!” In his rush to get up Alex bumped his head on a crossbeam. This shack was not made for people that are six feet in height. This could mean a smaller species, but I'm going to go ahead, work with the assumption that these people are human until proven otherwise. Besides shacks tend to be shorter then they should be anyway. He checked himself. Still have all my clothes, but my gear's gone. The safeties should be in place, so I can probably leave them here. At least until I get a good indicator of where, and when I am.

He leaned against the door, and slowly cracked it open. The hinges only creaked a little as he peeked outside. The sun was down, and the air was cool. Indicating an early spring morning. Coast looks clear better get a move on. He sprinted towards a road on the other side of the field the shack was in. Once he was at the road he stopped, then looked up at the night sky. Orion, Big dipper, Little dipper, Polaris. Yep Stars are in the right place. Looks like I'm somewhere in the UK around the late 20th to early 21st century. Alex checked the road. Lot's of horse and buggy activity. Looks like most of them are heading west. I can see chimney smoke in the distance- wait is it getting brighter? Alex looked to the east. The horizon was in fact getting brighter. Looks like it's going to be dawn soon, if whoever tied me up is still around they'll be getting up soon. Better move. He started jogging toward the chimney smoke.

About a half-hour later Alex arrived at a town, and stated walking towards what he hoped would be town square. By this time the sun had started peaking over the horizon. He started taking note of the buildings. This is odd mix of American, British, and Ancient Greek styles. Looks like pre-to-mid-industrial era, which is odd considering the star arrangement. Maybe they're slightly off. Also everything's kind of small. Based on the height of the door-frames I'd say the average person probably stands about four feet tall. Just then he noticed something about the road. Okay I'm seeing tons of horse tracks, and nothing else, which is odd enough by itself, even if you took away the fact that this road is WAY to clean! especially for the amount of horses that would be needed for this many tracks. This is getting weird, I should get out of the open just to be- “Hey!” A young female voice yelled from behind. Alex whirled around to see.... A blue Pegasus, with a rainbow mane, standing on a cloud. “Who let you out of the shack!?” She yelled. Well I've seen everything. Alex concluded, before sprinting of in the opposite direction. Spotting a nearby stall he stepped onto it and leaped on to a nearby roof, and started running along the rooftops. There was a rush of air, and the Pegasus was suddenly right in front of Alex. Okay, escaping a flying horse via rooftop: not my best plan. He leaped to the side, and off the roof into a back ally. He kept started sprinting only to have her cut him off again. Using a nearby barrel as leverage He jumped, and performed an aerial twist over her, then kept running. Spotting a nearby bucket he scooped it up and threw it onto his pursuer's head, just before she could catch up.

He finally made it out of the ally, ending up right in the middle of the town square. Alex looked around as the towns residents started exiting their homes, and going about their day, The residents consisting of Ponies. He looked back where he came to see the blue Pegasus at the ally exit watching for his next move. I've got nowhere to go, and if this town is any indication, this world is populated by talking ponies, making it impossible to blend in. I should turn myself in, and establish that I come in peace, otherwise I wont get anywhere as far as information is concerned. He raised his hands. The Pegasus's eyes widened, and then she went into a pouncing stance. “Wait!” Alex said. Her eyes widened again. “You caught me. Okay? I'm done running.” She flew up close to him.

“You... can talk?” she asked.

“Yes, and I'll answer any questions you have...” he looked around at all the ponies who where gawking at the strange creature before them. “...somewhere else.”

She thought for a second, then nodded and said: “Follow me.”

Author's Note:

Okay so this is my first Fimfiction Fan-fic so critiques are welcome

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic belongs to Hasbro..... Yadda yadda yadda.