• Published 4th Oct 2013
  • 362 Views, 0 Comments

A Land so Barren - Foxes33



After a majority of ponies die, only a few remain. There was a war and it made it so harmony no long excisted. The only way to bring the land back to what it was and make Equestria whole, is for harmony to rule most of the ponies remaining.

  • ...
 0
 362

The Few Places Left

1. The Few Places Left

There were few places safe in this world, no harmony and no friendship, there were places where people were allowed to come in and get a drink or something. An old pub made from the rubble from old buildings stood in what looked to be Appleloosa. However it was hard to tell, Equestria had changed so much, the land was grey and food, scarce. There were few plants, but brambles, thorn bushes and many other ugly plants.

A young stallion walked, he had a short navy mane and dull blue. There was a scar on his right shoulder, it was pinkish and ugly, his eyes ice blue, and they looked soulless. He was a unicorn, his horn seeming to stick out far from his short mane. He paused as he heard the flapping and a young mare pegasus lands beside him.

"Your late Juniper." He grumbled, looking at the grey stallion with a dull orange mane.

The yellow eyed mare looked at him, almost glaring, "What do expect, I have fake alliances you know? Don't have to be rude Ice, you know I have my own business."

Ice sighed and entered the pub and looked at the crimson and maroon stallion stood behind the counter, he looked up from cleaning his the glasses. He could see both Ice and Juniper, two who came once a week.

"Greetings Storm." Juniper greeted well Ice stayed silent.

Storm just watched Ice for a second, the one who always wore a dark brown cloak, as though to hide himself from the past. Storm embraced his, it made him tough and made others leave him alone.

"Well guys, what's the word?" Storm asked, turning back to Juniper who often had news by using other ponies, Storm didn't always trust her, for she was in many alliances.

"The West alliance is getting restless, I honestly think they might attack you two, be on the look out. The Hazel Mares gang may attack Blood Lust. That is all I have heard, but I think people might be not trusting me, heard a bunch of lies, trying to sort them from lies and truth." Juniper answered, with a sigh on the end.

"I have seen nothing." Ice said, grumbling his answer.

Storm just nodded, already knowing they wanted the usual, he put some carrot juice up and apple cider. Juniper quickly taking her apple cider and drinking it fast.

"Thanks Storm." She said gleefully.

Then the door slammed open and the three allies looked to see a mare unicorn, she was white and her mane was slight dull and blue. She was huffing and she looked up to see them.

"I-I, I am being chase, please help me." She cried, grabbing Ice's hoof.

He pulled away and she looked at him shocked. "Help yourself! The world has changed, no one just goes and help someone. Don't you get it." He snapped at her.

"Ice! You could be a little considerate, but anyways, he is right lady, the world has changes and we can't just help anyone, we risk getting rep that could make people wanna kill us. Just lay low, I am sure you will be fine." Juniper told her.

The mare cried, as though she was already dying, and that startled Ice a little, but he sat, sipping his carrot juice. Then there were steps outside, Ice turned his head towards the noises.

"Come on little lady, come out!" A gang of stallions called.

The white mare gasped, backing up. Juniper sighed, as though she already knew what would now have to happen.

"Guys you should handle this, there on our territory, besides, we have already beaten these guys and this mare needs comfort." Juniper huffed, leading the white mare to the corner of the bar.

However the white mare watched as the Storm grabbed and knife and the one they referred to as Ice just waited, looking out the small window to see three large stallions.

"Nothing we can't handle Storm, I could even do it myself." Ice said in a somewhat cocky way.

Storm smiled, putting down the knife. "You want to bet? Then get out there, call if you need help."

Ice laughed and opened the door, the gang of stallions just looked at the blue unicorn and laughed.

"Your little gang running out of-" Before the dull red stallion could finish his comment a barrel hit him that was lifted by Ice's magic.

"Stop pretending you can win and fight." Ice said smiling.

He was tempted to use the knives in small crate that Storm had set up, but decided against it and used a rock, firing with his magic that he depended a lot on. In a matter of seconds they whimpered and ran off, deciding not to have round two.

"Oh come on, is that all you got!" Ice called, then whispered, "Losers."

Ice turned and came back in to see the white mare dead, Ice cocked his head confused. "What happened?"

"She was a spy from West, those stallions, actors, they would have killed Storm and I if I didn't see the knife in her saddle beg.

Ice looked at the pool of blood on the cold wood floor and sighed. "Too bad, we are small, but I guess she was just stupid." Ice said smirking.

Juniper smiled back and nodded, she liked Ice's comment that was certainly true.

"Anyways, I defeated those three, even though they were actors, I think I deserve a refill." Ice said smiling, coming back up to the counter.

"No way, besides, you two got some business to do. As you know ponies only know that I have an alliance with Ice, not you Juniper. You two need to assassinate someone threatening to kill Bones, he is maybe no ally, but we might be able to use him. You are to kill River, she has become too reckless and a threat. Got it?" Storm explained there next mission.

"Got it. Lets go Juniper." Ice said, opening the door.

The twosome left, going to do the mission they had been given;