• Published 3rd Oct 2013
  • 2,178 Views, 12 Comments

A nightmare's friend - Aleksandr Sherbet

  • ...
7
 12
 2,178

A nightmare's friend

A nightmare's friend

You felt a strange aura around your head as you woke up. You looked around to see nothing but stars above. You had no idea where you were or why you felt weightless but you ventured on.

You felt a cold breeze go past you along with a dark blue mist. That's when she manifest.

You looked at the dark blue pony she had a blue flowing mane. Never have you seen a creature like her before though she looked beautiful.

"Who are you?" She asked walking near you. She cautiously touch your face only to retract it.

"What kind of creature are you?" She asked

"I never seen your kind before what's your name?" You couldn't talk as you were mute.

"Can you not talk?" She asked

You only shook your head. You were a little sad that you couldn't speak to her you'd love to know her more and her to know you to.

"I see you're different are you lonely like myself?" She asked you nodded as your older brother was the star child in your family your mother and father rarely talked to you. And friends well you couldn't make any with you being mute and all. You did have five other friends.

There was Frankie or franklin the kid that was always loyal and made other people back off when trying to make fun of you.

Luke or Lucas he was the one always going on about his looks but he was the type of guy who was the most generous guy you knew.

Thomas or Tommy the smart one he tutored you when the teacher failed you and after that you got better at math. He's been a good friend but acts a bit too nerdy.

Sammy the girl born and raised on farmland she told that she missed the country and she always protected you like Frankie always did. Those two had a rivalry ever since they met you they both wanted to be your protector as they called it. Since you couldn't talk they talked for you.

And last but not least Lexi she was the girl who planned parties and always remembered everyone's birthday. But there was something off about her though she's always extra nice to you for some reason. Sure she was best friends with Frankie but most of her attention was towards you.

Sammy and Lucas didn't seem to get along but after a few recesses with you they became good friends.

"Do you want a friend?" She asked desperately and wanting

Was she asking to be your friend this midnight black pony wearing armor asked to be your friend.

You nodded as she sat next you she was different as well though she had features of a pony she also looked human but instead of feet she had hooves.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" She asked petting your head

"Hmm give me two snaps for yes one snap for no." You nodded

"Do you think of me as a friend?" You gave her two snaps

"Do you think this place needs color?" You have her two snaps as it was dark and had nothing.

"What color?" You pointed towards her mane

"Really you like my mane?" She asked with a blush

You gave her two snaps.

"Thank you I never was given a complement before." You smiled and looked around the room to see it change colors.

"What else do you think this place needs?" She asked

You couldn't really think of anything until you saw her armor's insignia. You pointed towards it

"Really?" You nodded

She did the best she could do as she looked tired.

You decided to stop her rather have her with little energy then your selfish need.

"What is it?" You explained to the best of your abilities

"You want me to stop?" You nodded

"Oh I'm fine you don't need to worry." You shook your head and grabbed her arm bring her down and laying her on the ground.

"I need rest?" She asked

*Snap snap*

"Oh but I'm nightmare moon I don't have to sleep."

*Snap*

"Fine but please stay up."

*Snap snap*

"Thank you." She said closing her eyes. A few minutes later you heard her soft snore.

You finally had a friend even though this was a dream you finally had a friend. You cuddled up with nightmare and slept beside her.

A few hours later...

You woke up to see that nightmare was still sleeping. She had her arm around you and smile across her face.

It was cute to say the very least you rose from your laid stated and walked around if this was a dream then it was the longest you ever had.

Even if this isn't a dream you'd still enjoyed your company she was a beautiful mare and cared for you. But where was she why isn't she with her kind? That bugged you as you wanted to know more about her. But soon you'll get to know her.

"Good morning my friend." Nightmare said with a smile

You waved her over to the view of earth she walked over to see the marble.

The view was breath taking you seen many pictures of earth from spaces in books but this was just amazing.

But something was off you felt oddly comfortable without air.

"Beautiful isn't it that's my home world or it was terra. A beautiful land." She sighed and sat on the ground

You placed your hand on her lap and smiled.

"Thank you young creature." Everything began to disappear as you waved goodbye to your friend.