• Published 12th Oct 2013
  • 415 Views, 7 Comments

The Story of Pony called ShadowMere - GoldK



ShadowMere has a lot to discover, his first love and his firt hate, his first fears and his first true happiness.

  • ...
4
 7
 415

Twists and Turns - The Chaos

As I woke up from the best day of my life in the Gala I felt more active and happier than before, confident with everything I saw, the day was nice, sun was shining many ponies doing their own things in Ponyville, it was a casual day.

But then, I saw Twilight, Rarity, AppleJack, PinkiePie, FlutterShy, they were running towards something so as I was curious what was going on... I followed them, to find out what are they rushing so much for.

As I started to catch up with them... I saw something really strange, I saw pink cotton candy in the sky and... it gave out from my point of view it was chocolate, I couldn't believe it, so I asked Twilight to be sure, "Umm.... Twilight," I was galloping by her side, "what... is that in front of us??".

She answered me,"It's 'Chocolate rain', it's a really rare thing if you ask me..."


~Meanwhile in Canterlot~

There is always a group of guards looking around the castle for spies/intruders, after some moment of time the guards were regrouped together and ordered by Celestia to look around the Canterlot are from the magical disturbance by which Celestia thought was 'Discords' fault.

"From the guards I have seen, we are missing one sister." , Princess Luna said

Princess Celestia answered, "I know where he is, don't worry. He is safe."

One of the many guards by the castle went to have a little break by the statues, to just see if there is anything new built, he didn't saw anything new, but strange. He saw that one of the statues were... gone, he could just see stone debris from the statue on the ground near it. The guard went to examine what was the statue for or what was it's name. As the guard went closer and examined the statue, he fell in shock and galloped to Princess Celestia.


I looked confused I've never seen this 'Chocolate Rain', it was a strange thing, but I trusted Twilight and kept following the 5 ponies, when we arrived at the spot, I heard so weird sounds which sounded like tree bring pulled from the ground, as I turned around I saw something worse, those were houses which were pulled from the ground. I fell in shock and informed Twilight.

"Twilight...?", I asked her

Twilight turned around me and answered, "Yes, Shado-"

As she was about to say my name she noticed the house being flipped and floating from the ground too, she did not hesitate to speak.

"We need to inform Princess Celestia. Now."

We galloped to the nearest train station to inform Princess Celestia.


As we got by the train station, I got stopped by something. I saw Princess Luna behind me and she said, "Twilight, Rarity, AppleJack, Rainbow Dash, FlutterShy and PinkiePie, go. ShadowMere will be fine."

I got asked to step into Luna's carriage and we began to fly to Canterlot castle. I got confused and asked Princess Luna, "Why... did you just do that again Princess?"

She didn't hesitate to answer, "Princess Celestia wants to see you."

It took us about 20 minutes to get to the castle, as we entered the castle I was meeted by Princess Celestia, "ShadowMere. I need you to assist the other guards scouting the area around the castle."

"... Mhm.", I nodded and began to scout around the castle.

It was 15 minutes gone already and I couldn't see anything that would be dangerous or a threat to anyone, but I heard noises that sounded like somebody being tortured, I didn't know what and where those sounds came from, but it sounded serious, after about 20 minutes later it was... silence. Couldn't hear anyone speak, it was just wind... and me... nothing else.

The silence was broke down by Celestia's voice calling all the guards in because of 'danger' being near, I didn't get by what she meant 'danger' but I believed her and started to head in the castle.

As I arrived by the castle, I just saw myself and another guard. The guard standing right next to me, was really tired, his skin was kinda grey, he didn't speak, he looked like about to die of tiredness, then all of sudden.. he fell on the ground and was sent to hospital as soon as possible. Celestia looked kinda scared from my point of view.

"By any chance... do you know where the other guards are?", she asked me.

I answered with a little bit of sadness in my voice, "No, Princess."

So it was true, the 'torture' noises where the guards being slayed by someone unknown, didn't know who. They might didn't die, they might just have passed out.


After 5 minutes or so I heard galloping by the front of the castle, I was standing next to Princess Celestia and waited, I thought she knew who was coming through those doors. After the doors opened I saw Twilight, Rarity, AppleJack, PinkiePie, FlutterShy, RainbowDash and the pony I saw trying to enter the maze when the Gala was on.

"My friends! It's good to see you!", I spoke happily like nothing happened before.

Twilight stepped forward, "Can you explain what is going on Shadowmere?"

"Princess Celestia never said, I was part of the guards that were checking what the problem was," as I spoke I remember what could have happened to the other guards so I stopped and spoke again, "please, let's not waste time here speaking."

"Let's hope that Celestia can explain to us all.", Twilight said while we were heading towards Celestia.


As we met Princess Celestia, she began to speak in really serious tone, "It's good to see your all okay. Today... is a dangerous day for all of us, for Equestria. It must be stopped by using the.. Element of Harmony."

Twilight seemed surprised, "The Elements of Harmony? Princess, is it THAT bad?"

"No time to lose Twilight, I will explain later. Good luck.", Princess spoke as she used a special magic to unlock the doors which were protected by her only spell, as the doors opened Princess Celestia levitated a box covered in rubies, different colors, Rarity seemed to adore the box.

As Princess Celestia opened the box, she saw something was wrong. The Elements... were... gone. Everybody was in shock, "How... the door is locked by the spell I only can acces to!"

"Well, well, well... it seemed that 'Elements of Harmony' are gone... well done Celestia. So... let's see who we got here. The 'Elements of Harmony', a brave soldier and an Anomaly... this is going to be so fun!"

Celestia spoke in disgust, "Discord... I knew it."

"Hello, Celestia.... when was the last time we met? Let's just say... 'long time ago'. If you wondering where your elements are... I will give you a clue.", the voice came from the windows of the castle.

Discord began to say his 'clue', "Twists and turns, are my master plan. Then find the elements back where you began."

"Hmm... 'Twists and turns , are my master plan. Then find the elements back where you began.' what could that mean...?", Twilight spoke by herself.

"I know! We are heading to the maze! I think... that's where the Elements are.", she spoke as we headed to the maze.

I looked to the pony which I saw at the Gala because he poked me, he began to speak as I turned around, "Sorry, I never gave you my name... so rude of me... umm my name is Allan. Nice to meet you, ShadowMere."

I gave him a confused look, "Allan? That is umm.... a strange name for a pony like you, but okay, nice to meet you too."

"So what happened when you where umm... guarding the castle?"

I remembered the noises I heard and began to feel... kind of upset, but I didn't show it with my facial expression, "Let's... just umm... say that I was the only of two survivors..."

The pony saw that I was a bit upset so he didn't ask me anything else just said, "Oh. Okay..."

I remembered the time Trixie was controlled by the 'purple dust' so I thought why not ask 'Allan', "My turn now. Umm... is there by any chance you know anything abo-", I was interrupted by Twilight as she ordered us to head to the maze.

"WAIT!" as I spoke I turned to Princess Celestia

"Princess. May I have permission to assist the Elements of Harmony with their quest?"

Celestia had a confident look on her face "Permission granted ShadowMere, don't let me down." I nodded and galloped towards the ponies.

We all started to heading to the maze.


As we arrived by the maze RainbowDash began to fly up and said confidently, "Pfft. This going to be easy."

Then from nowhere RainbowDash's wings poofed in the air like dust, the wings were gone. Everybody was shocked that their main powers were gone, my horn was gone too, same as Rarity's and Twilight's.

"How do you like yourself without your powers... my friends?", a large snake-like creature appeared from nowhere.

"Why you do this to us... Discord.", I stepped up and spoke to 'Discord'

He looked at me with a smile of his face, "Because I like.... chaos, and umm the rules of the gaaame."

"What game? It's bound to be interesting., one of the ponies spoke

Discord turned to Allan and spoke, "See that's what I like, enthusiasm.", after saying that he turned back to us, "The game is simple if you can find the Elements in the maze, you win and I'll go back to being stone."

"But.. umm", Twilight stepped forwards and was about to speak as she go interrupted by Discord

Discord turned to Twilight and didn't hesitate to explain why he took away our wings and horns, "But you can't use wings, or magic. If you did it would count as cheating and then you would lose, and I win."

Allan stepped forward and spoke, "Then lets get started shall we?"

Twilight nodded, but I didn't quite like his 'joking' tone, "Alright, everypony. We are going to do this..."

We all came up in a circle and shouted, "TOGETHER!"

After saying that, there were vibrations below us... it seemed the ground was shaking, suddenly hedge walls built magically between each of us, we couldn't see each other.


After about 20 minutes I kept searching the area for elements, I thought I would take a little break and look around to examine the area, I heard voices around the maze shouting, "Help, ShadowMere. HELP!", the voice sounded like Rarity's voice, then I remember the incident when me and the other guards were patrolling, I feared that Rarity was in danger, I ran around to see anything that could help me to get to her, but there was no exit nor a clue where should I go. I felt hopeless, I let Rarity be left with pain... there was nothing I could do... so I thought to myself, "What if this is one of 'Discords' tricks just to confuse us...? What if Rarity is actually in danger? What could it be....", I kept thinking that this could be one of the 'Discords' trick, after some short period of time, the voices were gone.

"Very well, ShadowMere.", Discord thought by himself.

As I got my own control, I saw Twilight running towards me, "ShadowMere.. are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine.. hows' others?", I asked

"Haven't seen them yet. Hope I do., she looked worried.

After 5 minutes walking around, looking for other ponies me and Twilight found Allan walking around depressed from what I saw, "Allan! Oh thank Celestia, it's good to see you!"

"I think he is not too well, Twilight.", I spoke to Twilight.

"I'm fine, ShadowMere. I just... don't want to speak.... now.", Allan answered to us.

AppleJack came up too, "He seems perfectly fine to me!"

"AppleJack! You are here too!", Twilight seemed happy to see AppleJack and Allan.

I thought by myself, "There is something wrong here... something really bad. They seem... grey to me, how Twilight can't notice."

"Let's find the others!", Twilight led us

Allan spoke in depressed voice, "Yeah... let's go."


About 3 minutes in searching we found, Rarity, PinkiePie and FlutterShy arguing.

"FlutterShy! Pinkie! Rarity!", Twilight shouted

Twilight looked confused and asked, "Why do you have a big rock on your back Rarity?"

"It's MINE! Don't steal it, or you will have to deal with me! Got it?!", Rarity answered in greedy and angry tone at the same time.

I got worried about Rarity being like this. Twilight looked up in the air as we saw RainbowDash flying off to cloudsdale, "Wow... really RainbowDash.. why?"

"Don't be surprised, friends always leave you behind in the end.", Allan said in a depressed tone.

The maze poofed into the air and became one pit of dirt, short time after that Discord appeared from nowhere.

"Well, well, well it seems you lost! Looks like the Element of Loyalty isn't very loyal after all.", he said while having a smile on his face, "Looks like I win, and Equestria will be plunged into chaos, FOREVER! I;m going to enjoy this!"

Twilight looked at the ground in sadness, "How... could this happen... how."

I heard Allan saying something by himself, "The first rule of chaos... there are no rules., he sighed, "That's how we let this happen."

Author's Note:

This chapter will have part two. Stay tuned for that :)

Hope you like this story so far ^-^