• Published 1st Dec 2017
  • 275 Views, 0 Comments

Fallout Equestria: Paradox Flames - Seraph-Colak



Burning Myth sets out from Stable 36 to escape from his memories and find peace in the wasteland.

  • ...
 0
 275

Chapter 2

My first priority was to distance myself from the stable door for the possible event that they deemed it worthy to send a search party out to ensure my execution. This would be fairly easy as my exit from the Stable was extremely unorthodox and drastically outside the behavioral patterns they would have expected from me. If a party was sent out it would take them roughly a day to do so.

Second priority was cover. The more I had the less likely the hypothetical search party, or other threats the wasteland would likely throw at me, would be able to see me. A place to sleep, though not entirely necessary, would also be preferable.

Third would be the acquisition of supplies, namely food and water. Bottle caps would also be required for when I find the semblances of civilization left though it still seems a tad absurd that such a thing would be used as currency.

Finally some sort of armored barding would be required if I were to be better suited for facing the wasteland. Once acquired I would do away with my stable 36 lab barding.

For all these goals my destination was clear, the nearby pre-war town of Hoofington. Though it would likely be difficult to find supplies that hadn't been looted over the past 200 years I was confident I would find SOMETHING I could use.

I set out down the hill towards the nearest houses. Most had collapsed either due to the bombs, weather conditions or simply the harsh hand of time. One seemed intact however, built like a log cabin.

I cautiously approached the cabin and checked my E.F.S. Nothing appeared to occupy the residence but that didn't mean it was empty. Using my magic I opened the front door and waited about half a minute: nothing. I peeked around the door frame into the home and found it remarkably clean. There were signs that somepony may have been living here at some point recently though the unlocked door and layer of dust suggested they had not been here in a long while. There were no obvious signs of looting and the heavy creak of the floorboards hinted that i would be able to hear people coming should they investigate.

Closing the door behind me I discovered the door and adjacent wall had been fitted with bent metal and a sturdy hunk of wood was leaning against the wall. I fitted it in place glad for the extra security measure and trotted to investigate the kitchen.

There was absolutely nothing there. I frowned at the empty fridge as if it had betrayed me somehow. But then why would I expect there to be anything there? This building was so convenient with its barrable door and thick standing walls, why should it provide me anything else? Closing the fridge I went about exploring the rest of the cabin. A few random ends, a total of 23 bottle caps and a small handgun with no ammo in terrible condition and a bedroll rolled up next to a bed upstairs. Sleep sounded good.

I peered out the windows one by one on all sides of the cabin, looking for enemies both by sight and using my e.f.s. Finding nothing I went upstairs to one of the bedrooms and shut the door. Using my telekinesis I moved the dresser and desk in front of the door and laid on the bed. I had been remarkably lucky today and decided that this was secure as I was going to get. Resting my head on the pillow I drifted off to sleep.