• Published 1st Dec 2017
  • 276 Views, 0 Comments

Fallout Equestria: Paradox Flames - Seraph-Colak



Burning Myth sets out from Stable 36 to escape from his memories and find peace in the wasteland.

  • ...
 0
 276

Chapter 1

I awoke with a start, coughing blood as agonizing pain shot through my body. My eyes shot open and darted around. I was alone and outside. I had never been outside before but it was everything I had expected it to be dark and drab, yet fresh.

Turning my inspection onto myself I analyzed the sources of my pain. A bullet hole in my shoulder, agonizing but tolerable. A broken sapling stabbed through my left hind leg, increasingly excruciating and would require attention soon, I wasn't entirely sure how I would go about that at the moment.

Turning my eyes to my pipbuck revealed excellent news: all of the restoration potions I had possessed were still in my saddle bags AND intact! Radiation levels were well within reason and there were no detectable toxins in the air. It was also quite insistent on informing me that my left hind leg was crippled. If only it possessed the intelligence to realize how obvious that was. Activating my Eyes Forward Sparkle I scanned the area and found nothing. Good, now I could tend to my leg.

Examining the wound I was glad to discover that the bone was merely fractured and was not split in two by the invading plant. After a moment of assessment I concluded which of my several options would be best and did not like it one bit.

I retrieved three potions from my bag and set them nearby then stared at my leg and began to steel myself. With a vicious tug I tore my leg from the tree, ripping the muscle in half and screamed despite my preparation. I had expected pain but this was much more than I could have possibly prepared for. Quickly I scooped up a potion with my magic and guzzled it as fast as I could. With the potion empty and the blood-flow slowing I grabbed the next one and downed it as well. The muscle began to knit itself back together as I tossed aside another empty bottle and downed the third. My leg and the bullet hole in my shoulder both closed gently and released me from my pain as I laid there for a few minutes, panting and covered in a cold sweat.

I had two potions left and after a quick inspection I could tell my recharger rifle was still in good repair. Some food and fresh water ensured I would be fine for a few days so I stood and faced the equestrian wasteland. My journey would no doubt lead me to face all of its hazards, put me in mortal danger on a daily basis and if it was fortunate it would someday claim my life.

All and all I found myself quite fortunate despite these facts.

After all, I had just escaped Stable 36.