• Published 5th Dec 2013
  • 3,664 Views, 74 Comments

Absence of Friendship - MangaKamen



Ever wonder what would happen if a demon showed up in the world of Equestria? No? Well, too bad! Cause we got a mad scientist one who's obssessed with heroes now running about this world!

  • ...
2
 74
 3,664

Chapter 4 - Let's Rock!

Chapter 4

Let’s Rock!

TTT – TTT

“No… No! NOOOOOOOOO!”

“YOU LOSE!”

Mao’s face contorted in pain as he dropped the Slaystation Vita to the table, his face followed suit as all three of the fillies around him cheered loudly. “We won! We won!”

“How?” Mao mumbled as his eyes dulled slightly. “After all my training… After all those hours of gaming… All that time spent mastering combos and cheat codes… All to be beaten by a bunch of little horses!”

“Aw cheer up, Mistah Mao!” Apple Bloom comforted as she patted the stallion’s back a few times. “Maybe yer talent’s not in this stuff? Right girls?”

Unfortunately, both Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo had started a single match between the two them, and were too engulfed in their own individual game to listen to their fellow Cutie Mark Crusader. Apple Bloom smiled sheepishly as she turned back to Mao, “Uh, well, Ah’m sure that you’re good at something…”

“Good at something?” Mao growled, not even lifting up his head up from his head. “I was the number one Honor Student at Evil Academy, I conquered the school and became its Dean, I have a one point eight million EQ – So how in the hell did I lose to three little horses in a video game!?”

Most of that flew over Apple Bloom’s head, “Academy? You run a school?”

“Not just a school, but everyone at the school!” Mao cackled as he pushed himself from the table and lifted his front hooves into the air. “I am the overlord! I ruled over countless demons with an iron fist and experimented on them whenever I pleased and…!”

“Here’s some more sweets!” Pinkie Pie announced as a large plate of various sweets slipped on the table from the pink mare’s head.

Mao blinked a few times at the sweets before the Cutie Mark Crusaders swiped some, and then turned towards the grinning pink mare. “Curious – How exactly did you manage to make this stuff?”

“What do you mean?” Pinkie Pie replied with a bright smile. “All I did was some simple baking – Oooh! Do you wanna learn how to bake? It’ll be really, really fun and you could help me figure out what sort of foods I can serve for your ‘Welcome to Ponyville Party’ party! What do you say, Mister Mao?!”

“Wait, what?” Mao questioned with his head tilted slightly. “I’m just asking how you’re baking this stuff! Are you using your mouth to lift the materials up or…”

“Nah, I just used my hooves,” Pinkie answered back as she used her hoof to pick up a cookie from the plate and toss it into her mouth which she quickly chewed and swallowed it. “Just like that, Silly!”

Mao looked at his hooves and blinked a few times, ‘How is it possible? It’s impossible to lift up anything like that with only a hoof – But then again, this is a new world, who knows what physics exist in this world? I should start my experimentation immediately! But… I need to find an appropriate lab first!

“So Mister Mao,” Pinkie Pie stated, the white haired stallion snapped from his thoughts. “What kind of party do you want?”

“Party? What party?” Mao questioned.

It was Pinkie’s turn to smile brightly.

TTT – TTT

While the transformed Overlord was subjected to various forms of sweetness and cuteness that would make any demon gag on their own tongue, a large shadowed figure stomped through the Whitetail Woods, its red eyes gleamed at Ponyville in the distance while a familiar sword wielding stallion trotted alongside it. “Now then, he’s more than likely to be there, go and claim your desire.”

The large, wood armored monstrosity nodded before it raised its foot up, tearing the roots that had grown from its foot.

The stallion smiled as he watched the wood armored figure stomp towards the unsuspecting town. ‘And soon, with the sun at his back, the brave shall appear and smite this abomination. Then, the first step shall be taken…’

Inside the blissfully unaware town, Twilight and the still disguised Luna trotted to a stop in front of the town hall, both of them with their heads lowered. “Aside from the wielder of Laughter, we have not seen your allies at all, Twilight Sparkle.”

“I don’t understand why,” Twilight admitted as she shook her head. “It’d probably be best just to search for this ‘Mao’…”

“But the issue is where he would go,” Luna pointed out. “He knows barely anypony, and can barely trot.”

“He can barely trot?” Twilight questioned with her brow raised slightly. “What does that mean?”

“Every few steps, he falls onto his face,” Luna answered quickly as she trotted forward. “Therefore, if we can find somepony who saw a stallion like this then…”

“Hey! Twilight!”

For the second time that day, both mares turned to the voice that called out, only this time they looked up to see a cyan pegasus with a rainbow colored mane and tail that wiped about before she landed on the ground before the two. “Hey, there you are! Where ya been, egghead?”

“Rainbow, now’s not really the time to call me that,” Twilight chuckled nervously, she could almost feel the odd look that Luna cast towards her. “W-We were kind of looking for you and the others…”

“Of course you would,” Rainbow Dash replied as she puffed out her chest slightly. “I’m just that awesome. But whatever, Pinkie sent me to get ya, there’s this huge party she’s holding for this really odd stallion and it’d be lame if you missed it.”

“An odd stallion?” Luna questioned as she stepped forward, almost getting right into Dash’s face. “What did this stallion look like? Did he have black fur? Large glasses? Did he dress in weird clothes?!”

Dash leaned her head back in surprise before she narrowed her eyes, “Whoa, whoa, whoa! Who the hay are you!? You ever hear of personal space?”

“Dash!” Twilight hissed as she galloped up to her pegasus friend’s side. “That’s Princess Luna! Watch your tongue!”

Dash looked at the disguised princess with squinted eyes, slowly the gears in her head began to turn and then realization struck. A large streak of pink appeared on Dash’s face before she lowered her head, “I… I’m sorry Princess!”

“Please, wielder of Loyalty,” Luna coughed. “There is no need act that way, not while I am like this – More importantly, what does this stallion this party look like?”

“Well, I’m not going to lie, he’s kind of creepy,” Dash admitted with a roll of her eyes. “Not only did he look like a weirdo, but when he learned that I was the fastest flyer in Equestria, he started drooling. Must be one of ‘those’ kind of fans.”

Luna sighed loudly, “What is really tiresome, if we had followed the wielder of Laughter in the first place, we would’ve found that headache sooner…”

“Uh, how do you know that freaky stallion?” Dash asked as Luna trotted forward.

“I’ll tell you on the way there,” Twilight groaned.

It didn’t take long for the three mares to reach Sugarcube Corner, which was surrounded by several dancing ponies with loud rock music and bright flashing, colorful lights pouring out of the building. Luna sighed as she trotted towards the doors, “Let us retrieve Mao and…”

SPLAT!

The royal sister would’ve continued her little talk, but a large pie had crashed into face with bits of crust and cream flew through past her. For a moment, Luna just stood there with the pie smashed in her face while Twilight and Dash looked at the Princess and stilled their breaths as the pie tin clattered to the ground.

“FOOD FIGHT!”

It only took a second for food to be flung through the air by a number of ponies either inside or outside the bakery. Various baked goods soared and smashed into either a pony, the ground, or the building’s interior, oddly enough, the rock music didn’t stop. With her horn lit, Luna used her magic to pull the remnants of the pie off of her face, revealing a rather disgruntled look on her face.

“Uh, princess?” Twilight chuckled sheepishly. “Y-You may want to take a deep breath before…”

SPLAT!

Twilight didn’t get a chance to finish. A second pie seemed to have locked on and landed right into the purple unicorn’s face, with enough force to send Twilight reeling back a few feet.

“MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!”

Luna narrowed her brow as that familiar laugh sounded over the music and cries of joy before her horn glowed brightly as a faint blue aura wrapped around her body. With determination in her eyes, Luna trotted through the front door as Dash helped the dazed Twilight off of the ground.

Inside Sugarcube Corner, Luna had to stop for a moment to take in everything that was happening before her – Everypony that was inside the bakery was caked in… well, cakes. Cookies were cracked against the floor, frosting flew overhead, and in one of the corners of building was a makeshift fort made up of chairs, a table, pillows and the cash register for the shop.

“MORE PIES!”

“AYE CAPTAIN!”

And atop the makeshift fort was none other than Mao, with three familiar little fillies about him – Oddly enough, the demon overlord didn’t have a bit of food on him, save for the pie that he lifted up with his front hoof. Then with a large smile planted on his face, Mao threw the pie and knocked some poor pony off their hooves. “DIRECT HIT! Ten points!”

Luna’s gaze zoned in on the laughing stallion and growled under her breath before she trotted towards him. Several baked goods were flung at the disguised princess, but thanks to the aura she had around her body, they just bounced off Luna and actually slammed into some innocent ponies.

Apple Bloom held up another pie that Mao picked up, “Here ya go, Captain Mao!”

“Good work, my minion!” Mao cackled as he tossed the pie up and down a few times on his hoof. ‘I’m starting to get the hang of this. As my extremely powerful brain was able to deduce, when I’m in a combat situation, my demon nature seems to rise and I can actually work with this body.

‘Too bad that this food fight isn’t like the ones back at the Academy – No explosions, nobody getting a broken bone, and the food here is acceptable at best. At least this is a semblance of fun that I can relate to and…’

“What dost thou think thou art doing?!”

Mao’s gaze seeped down towards the edge of the makeshift fort to see Luna’s own eyes narrowed at him. The transformed demon leapt down to the floor with a large grin plastered on his face. “Did your eyes get exchanged with that little disguise of yours? It’s a food fight! One of the most widely accepted school activities at Evil Academy – It’s only natural that I share my culture, isn’t it?”

Luna was about to speak before Mao threw the pie he had into the face of some random stallion, “Thou were supposed to be discreet in this matter, starting a food fight with most of the town is the worst way to be discreet!”

“Aw lighten up,” Mao cackled. “It’s a party.”

“Yeah Princess!” Pinkie Pie laughed in, the mare was completely covered with frosting, bits of muffins and cookies, and she licked her face every few seconds. “This is an amazing party! Sweets everywhere! It’s almost like a dream of mine I had once, where there was this huge school and everypony there wasn’t a pony and they kept on flinging food through the air while some of them sang atop of the tables while dancing to dodge the food and…”

“Regardless, cease this activity immediately!” Luna commanded as she lifted a hoof towards Mao. “We must return to the library so we can discuss what…”

At that very moment, a loud crash echoed through the air, so loud that it caused the music to screech to a halt. Everypony froze as a second crash sounded through the air, which shook the ground and most of the ponies dropped the baked goods they were about to throw.

And then a loud roar blasted through the air which had a number of ponies gallop to the windows to feature the source of the sound. This included Mao and Luna – The Demon Lord tilted his head while Luna’s eyes widened in surprised. “By Faust’s name, what is that?!”

“Huh, he looks different,” Mao stated as he rubbed his chin. “Did he dye the wood? Did he get taller?”

Outside and amongst the buildings in Ponyville was the familiar Wood Golem that Mao had saved the Cutie Mark Crusaders from – Only as Mao had pointed out, it had grown bigger till it rivaled some of the smaller houses in the town, its arms had fully regrown and its wooden armor had turned into a rich gunmetal black with its yellow eyes now a bright red. The Golem roared loudly before it stomped once more, which shook the ground once more.

The three, cutie mark seeking fillies had hidden themselves just under the window when they saw the enlarged golem trek through the streets. Luna turned towards Mao and narrowed her eyes at the stallion, “Dost thou know that monstrosity?”

“Personally? Nope!” Mao snickered with a large grin on his face. “Saw him earlier though…”

“And thou didn’t think this would warrant concern?!” Luna growled back.

Mao shrugged back, “Who was I supposed to tell? Besides, the big lug’s nothing more than a walking weed.”

WHAM!

Said walking weed had just slammed one of its fists into a nearby building, with wood and furniture flung through the air alongside its fist. That elicited most of the ponies in Sugarcube Corner to scream and gallop out of the building as the monster continued its rampage through the town.

“Not a threat?” Luna snapped with her teeth barred. “It’s wrecking the town!”

“Why are you making this out like this is my fault?” Mao replied using his hoof to pick up a piece of cake that was dropped on the ground and lifted it up to his mouth. “All I did was break its arms to get some information, how could that make me the culprit in this?”

“Art thou insane?!” Luna barked as she pointed a hoof at Mao, who was now munching on the cake he had lifted up. “It is obvious that the creature is looking for thou! Thou hast to take responsibility!”

“Um, Miss?”

Luna stopped and turned to see the three Cutie Mark Crusaders standing before her, each with their gazes turned away. Apple Bloom stepped forward and looked at the disguised Luna right in the eyes, “Please don’t blame Mister Mao for this, he was just trying to help us.”

“What?” Luna questioned.

“Yeah!” Scootaloo chimed in. “We were at Whitetail Woods when that big lug came out of nowhere and tried to hurt us!”

“And… And Mister Mao saved us,” Sweetie Belle added. “So please…”

All three of the fillies all spoke up at the same time, “Don’t be mad at him.”

‘He saved them?’ Luna thought to herself as she look at Mao who gritted his teeth. ‘Why would a demon save some fillies from danger?’

“T-That’s a lie!” Mao sputtered with a little tint of pink on his face. “I just wanted to beat up that treeman! I just happened to stop him before he laid a finger on these little cheating kids!”

Tossing the remains of the cake to the floor, Mao trotted towards the door, “I’d rather deal with that walking tree stump than be in here!”

Mao calmly pushed the door open with his front hoof… Before he slipped on the front step of Sugarcube Corner. “DAMN IT!”

Luna looked to the three fillies and sighed, “Did that stallion really help you lot? He seemed to deny it a lot.”

“Awe, he’s just shy,” Pinkie Pie stated as she hopped up, now completely clean with no deserts on her. “You should’ve seen him when I asked his name – He kept whispering his name before he finally blurted it out, he even had a blush on his face!”

Luna closed her eyes, ‘Now that she speaks of it…’

…Mao…” The stallion mumbled.

“I’m sorry, what did you say?” Celestia questioned as she leaned towards the bars.

…I’m Mao…” the stallion mumbled a little louder, but still not audible enough to be clearly heard.

“Thou must speak up,” Luna requested.

The stallion drew in a deep breath and then. “I’M MAO!!!”

‘Still, would a demon really save three innocent fillies?’ Luna thought as she looked out the window once more, this time seeing a rainbow streak fly about the Wood Golem’s head, distracting the demon from destroying the buildings. “That’s…!”

“Rainbow Dash!” Scootaloo cheered out. “If anypony can take that thing down, Dash can!”

“Oooh! I should get my camera!” Pinkie Pie added before she bounced away.

“How can she be so calm at a time like this?” Luna questioned under her breath.

TTT-TTT

The large Wood Golem snarled as its large hands attempted to grab the quick rainbow blur that flew about its head, but with its size, its large hands missed the attacking blur. The quick blur slammed into the back of the demon’s head, which forced the creature’s head forward slightly with several wood splinters flung through the air.

However, the Wood Golem just scratched the back of its head, as if it was just bitten by a mosquito instead of being hit.

“Hey Twilight!” Dash called out from the air. “What the hay is this thing?!”

On the ground, the purple unicorn looked away from helping ponies escape to gaze up at her friend, “I don’t know ! It looks like it’s made up like a Timber Wolf, but it’s obvious that it can’t be! I’ve never seen…”

“It’s a Wood Golem, duh,” A cocky voice sounded out. “Apparently, it’s of the Dreadnaught variety, one of the strongest kinds there are.”

Twilight turned to the side and reeled back to see Mao standing there, his eyes fogged over and his breathing heavy. There was even a little drool pouring from the corner of his mouth, “Normally, it takes a lot of mana and time for a Wood Golem to reach this level – But this world’s saturated with mana! It must’ve sped up the process! How interesting!”

The mare blinked a few times as she took a moment to observe the odd stallion near her – And it didn’t take her long to figure out who this stallion was, “You’re Mao, right?”

“Heh, only a day and my name is resonating in this world,” Mao cackled loudly as he licked his chops. “A little slow for my taste, but then again, I’ve yet to show off my one point eight million EQ!”

“I’m assuming you mean IQ, right?” Twilight questioned as she raised a brow at the odd stallion.

“Nope!” Mao laughed back as he stepped forward. “By the by, I saw you talking to that pegasus in the air, mind telling her to back off? She’ll only get in the way of this – Not that it matters to me.”

“W-What?” Twilight muttered.

Mao crouched slightly, the sleeves of his red jacket seemed to flair about as a blue aura erupted over his right front hoof. With a large smirk on his face, Mao pounced through the air to leap against the buildings in order to soar towards the Wood Golem. Twilight watched with her mouth opened slightly, ‘What in the name of Equestria?! How is he able to do that?!’

The black stallion spun through the air near the side of the Wood Golem’s head before he slammed his green fiery covered hoof into the forest demon’s head. The golem’s eyes widened as the force smacked against its face and sent the demon stumbling to the side (almost crushing a nearby building in the process). “URK!”

Twilight’s jaw dropped as she watched the black stallion dropped to the ground before her, his back to her and his right front hoof had smoke float up into the air from it. “W-What in the?! Was that magic?”

Dash had floated down next to Twilight and shook her head, “Whoa, how’d he pull that off? I mean… That was just luck.”

“Nah, just pure skill,” Mao cackled with a wave of his hoof.

“MAO!!!”

The black stallion and the two mares turned back to see that the Wood Golem had recovered and the cracks that were on its face caused by Mao’s attack steadily recover. The demon’s red eyes glowed brightly as they narrowed down at Mao, “DESTROY!”

The Wood Golem crossed its arms over its chest, several roots erupted from the large golem’s feet and stabbed into the ground. Mao chuckled as he shook his head. “Really? You’re gonna use that? That’s rather pathetic, you’re being excessive here.”

“What’s he going to do?” Twilight questioned as she tilted her head slightly.

With a second road, the Wood Golem threw its arms up into the air as several rotted tree stumps with faces and root-like arms popped from the ground. The stumps cackled loudly before they began to jump through the streets towards Mao and Twilight. Mao sighed as he turned towards Twilight, “Hey, little miss unicorn, you may wanna run.”

Twilight was about to speak, but Dash grabbed and flew Twilight away from the path of the many living stumps that stomped through the streets. Mao just stood there though, his eyes glared at the oncoming stumps. A small spark jolted through Mao’s body and he smirked, ‘Heh, looks like I can still do that trick too! Still, I can’t use my ultimate attack yet though…’

Using his front hooves, Mao pushed himself to his hind legs as a blue aura surged over his right front hoof as the stumps drew ever closer. The transformed Demon Overlord drew a deep breath before he threw his hoof forward, “SHINE BEAM!”

The aura shattered and disappeared from Mao’s leg.

From their perch atop one of the buildings, Twilight and Dash looked at each other, “Twi, Princess Luna said he was a Demon Lord Thingie, right? Are they supposed to do that?”

“In all honesty, I don’t know,” Twilight muttered out loud. Then something occurred to her, “Dash! You need to help him! He’s going to be…”

That’s when several lights popped around the marching army of demonic stumps, and from the lights, multiple rays shot from the lights and crashed into the stumps. The sources of light danced about and shot several more and more rays into the stumps until they shattered into splinters of wood.

“Okay, that was pretty cool,” Dash admitted with a smirk at Twilight. “Are you sure you he needs help?”

Twilight didn’t know what to say to that. ‘He’s a demon, and he commands this much power – Are all demons like this Mao?’

The splintered remains of the stumps fell to the ground around Mao, and the dean of Evil Academy smirked wildly. ‘I’ve still got the touch! But, I still got the big guy to deal with…’

The Wood Golem seemed to be shocked that his attack was blocked with while Mao narrowed his eyes at it. ‘If I can’t access my full demonic power I won’t be able to deal with this annoyance – Although, there’s something I could always try one thing, but I’d need a guinea pig…’

CLICK!

A flash of light to Mao’s right caught his attention, and standing a few feet away was none other than Pinkie Pie with a camera around her neck, “WOW! That was an amazing trick! How’d you do that? Can you teach me how to do that? It would save me a ton of bits on lighting for my parties and it would be really good on holidays too!”

‘Found my guinea pig!’ Mao thought with a wicked smile on his face. “Say, Pinkie was it?”

“Yuppers!” Pinkie Pie chimed back.

“How about another trick?” Mao cackled with that wicked smile starting to encompass more and more of his face. “You can even have the honor of being a part of it.”

“Ooh! What trick is that?” Pinkie Pie asked as Mao trotted behind the pink mare. Pinkie kept her attention on Mao. “Are we going to pull Angel Bunny from a hat? A card trick? Waitwaitwaitwait! Are we going to saw some pony in half?! I’ve always wanted to see that!”

“Oh, don’t you worry,” Mao stated as he used his hoof to push Pinkie’s head back forward. “This’ll only tickle for second.”

Before Pinkie could say another word, Mao lifted his hooves up and they glowed brightly at Pinkie’s back. The pink mare’s eyes widened as a bright light immediately engulfed her and Mao, everypony around watched in awe as the light died down…

“MAGI-CHANGE!”

“PINKIE PARTY CANNON MK IV!”

Where Pinkie Pie once stood, now in her place was a massive pink cannon that had three balloons colored on the side of it with a black silhouette of a familiar mare at the back of it. Behind the cannon, Mao stood behind it with a wicked smile on his face. “MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!

Twilight and Dash stood on their perch in utter shock. “Twilight, did he just…”

From Sugarcube Corner, Luna blinked a few times, “Just what…”

“WOW!”

Luna jumped as she watched the Cutie Mark Crusaders cheer at the sight outside the window, with Apple Bloom waving a hoof through the air, “Ah didn’t know that ponies could do that!”

“It’s Pinkie Pie,” Scootaloo replied. “This doesn’t surprise me.”

“But, it was Mister Mao who did it,” Sweetie Bell pointed out. “Is Pinkie alright?”

That is actually a good point,’ Luna thought to herself as she watched Mao cross his front hooves over his chest. ‘And is he going to do what I think…’

The Wood Golem roared loudly before it stomped towards Mao and the Pinkie Party Cannon MK IV, but the transformed demon only smiled brighter. ‘Stay on target…’

Even faster, the Wood Golem charged at the cannon and black stallion, and still, the dean of Evil Academy stood there. ‘Stay on target…’

When the Wood Golem was just a foot away from Mao and the cannon, it lifted its large and mighty arms up into the air with its wooden body cracking in the process. And as the Golem began to bring down its fists, Mao slammed his hoof into the back of the cannon, “SURPRISE!

The cannon fired and a large burst of pink slammed into the Wood Golem’s face, the force enough to send the golem back with its attack halted and it staggered back. As it turned out, what had crashed into the forest demon’s face was a large amount of multi-colored confetti and streamers. The streamers had coiled around the Wood Golem’s body and the large demon stepped back as hit tried to rip the party favors from it’s body.

And Mao only smirked as he used his hooves to have the mouth of the cannon slam into the ground, “Next up… TWITCHY TAIL!

Mao leapt atop of the cannon just before it fired into the ground and propelled him and the cannon up high into the air. Quickly, Mao and the Pinkie Party Cannon MK IV flew up into the air past the Wood Golem’s head just before he ripped the streamers and confetti from his body. The large demon looked about, trying to find the ones that had caused its pain.

“UP HERE!”

BOOOM!

The Wood Golem looked up just in time to have the Pinkie Party Cannon MK IV with Mao latched on it crash into its head. The cannon fired into the air, but instead of confetti and streamers, a large surge of pink energy erupted which formed into an oddly familiar puffy pink tail in the air. The force was enough to comically force the Wood Golem’s head down into its torso, its eyes just barely over its chest.

Mao leapt from his opponent’s head with the cannon held within his hooves, “And now for the grand finale!”

Mao slammed the cannon into the ground and immediately leapt into the cannon. The cannon aimed itself towards the Wood Golem that was still trying to pull its head out of its chest. Mao laughed loudly as the cannon glowed bright pink, “PINKIE POWER PINBALL!”

The cannon fired, shooting a curled up Mao through the air just as the Wood Golem pulled its head out from its chest. The Golem’s eyes widened as the curled up Mao slammed into his chest, and surprisingly, the force was enough to force the Wood Golem skid backwards.

Still curled up, Mao bounced from the golem and clashed against a single building as a light pink aura surged around the demon overlord’s body. The demon ricocheted off of building after building as the pink aura continued to grow over Mao’s body, and when the Wood Golem tried to grab the bouncing Mao, but the stallion was going too fast for the large golem’s hands

WHAM!

Mao’s ever pink glowing form slammed into the Golem’s right shoulder.

BLAM!

Then into the Golem’s back.

BANG!

And then into the Golem’s left side.

TILT!

Mao bounced off the ground a few times and right back into the cannon’s mouth, allowing a large surge of pink energy to surge around it. The Golem (now sporting quite a few cracks on its body) roared loudly as it charged towards the cannon.

However, the cannon fired once more, this time unleashing not only the ball-like Mao, but several other balls of pink energy did as well. All of them crashed into the Golem’s body before they propelled the Golem through the air with so much force that he disappeared into the sky with a small gleam in the distance.

And from the sky, Mao landed in front of the cannon and struck a pose, “Heh, that was too easy…”

The cannon behind Mao popped into a cloud of pink smoke, and immediately Pinkie Pie leapt upon Mao’s back, “Wowwie wowza! I’ve never done that trick before! Can we do it again? Please! That was really, really, really fun!”

“HEY! GET OFF ME!” Mao growled as he barred his teeth at the pink mare. “I’m not some pack mule! I’m an overlord!”

“Doesn’t change the fact that it was super fun!” Pinkie Pie replied as she bounced up and down on Mao’s back. “I always wanted to become my Party Cannon! Ooh! Think you can turn somepony I know into a tree? That would be super, special awesome!”

“It doesn’t work like that!” Mao barked back. But immediately, that anger of his faded away as a large demonic smile grew on his face. “Although, I could probably try to do that kind of experiment – After all, I wouldn’t mind doing some experimentation on a couple ponies and…”

“WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!”

Mao staggered back slightly when three blurs ran in front of him – Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo looked at the black stallion with stars in their eyes. “Can you teach us how to do that?! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!?!”

“Gah! THE CUTESTY! IT BURNS!”

Slowly, Luna trotted towards the small group around Mao, ‘He doth save Ponyville – Yet he claims to be a demon overlord, so why would such a being do so? And although his powers and tactics are rather strange, there is more to him than just his title… Sister, is this why thou thought it be best to send him here?’

“GET AWAY FROM ME!!”

WHIIRR!

“Wow! Look at those! Where’d they come from?”

“THAT’S IT! I’M GONNA EXPERIMENT ON YOU!!”

Luna’s eyes widened when she saw that the mechanical arms (which were somehow repaired) sprung from Mao’s coat and were threatening to attack the fillies. “STOP! STOP!”

Meanwhile, outside Ponyville…

“HOW THE TARTARUS DID THAT STALLION DO THAT!? MY BEAUTIFUL PLAN… ALL MY EFFORT… GONE! GONE! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONEEE!”

The stallion snorted before he trotted towards the Whitetail Woods, ‘The first two summons were screwed up, and the one time that it works when it supposed to, some weird flank stallion comes out of nowhere and… And… And… And are those penguins?’

The stallion ducked behind a nearby tree with his head peaked out to see that two odd, blue penguins stood before a tree. The penguins had pouches around their stomachs, with little bat wings on their backs and peg legs where their feet would be. One of the penguins struggled to hold up several rolled up posters in its wings while the other tried to have one of the posters slapped on the tree. “Hurry up, dood!”

“Don’t rush me, dood,” The poster placing penguin retorted. “I’m barely getting paid enough to do this, and I don’t need you harping on me, dood!”

“We get paid the same wages,” the poster holding penguin sighed loudly. “So don’t give me that excuse, dood.”

“I still can’t believe we’re still working for him, dood,” the poster placing penguin growled. “He’s a talking horse now, and we’re still being ordered around by him, dood.”

“Yeah, but what do you expect, dood? He’s still paying us while we’re in this world, dood…”

“I get that, but there’s nothing but horses here, dood! What kind of world is this anyway, dood?”

“Obviously a world of horses, dood. Now hurry up with that poster, we still have a ton left to put up before tomorrow, dood.”

And just like that, the poster was up and the two penguins walked away. When they were gone, the shadowed stallion trotted up to the poster, “… What the Tartarus is Akutare?”

TBC

Author's Note:

Mao: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA! My conquest has begun! But if I'm to continue, I need some servants. I'm looking to you viewers - If you want to become a part of the Mao Conquest of Equestria, leave a comment and bring another with you to this story! First Fimfiction, then Equestria, and then the universe!

MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!

And I shall return at the beginning of next year - So don't disappoint me... Or you'll be my next experiment!