• Published 2nd Mar 2012
  • 2,431 Views, 53 Comments

Abstracted Spectrum - Abstract Spectrum



Rainbow Dash finally becomes a Wonderbolt, but things don't always turn out as expected.

  • ...
5
 53
 2,431

Chapter 12: Lost All Control

It was dark. Rainbow Dash was laid out on the ground. When she sat up, her head was numb. She looked around, a spotlight shined over her, the rest of the area around her was a dark abyss.

"Hello? Is anypony there?" Her voice echoed. She'd always been scared of being alone, and the fact that she had no idea where she was made her shiver.

"Where am I?" She asked herself, looking down at the ground beneath her.

She stood up, and began to walk away from the light. She couldn't feel, couldn't breath, but somehow she kept walking. Eventually, she recognized strange faded figures in the distance, emitting their own dim glow.

"Mom, dad? I've missed you." Her voice quivered.

"We've missed you too, Dashie. We're so proud of what you've done." Her mother said.

"You fly just like your old man, Rainbow, I've taught you well. I'm sorry I had to leave you." Her dad explained.

"It's okay, dad. I love you both so much." She whimpered, attempting to hug her parents. Her hooves went right through them. Looking back, she saw them begin to fade away.

"No... no... NO! PLEASE, DON'T LEAVE ME! I'M SO LOST WITHOUT YOU!" Rainbow Dash cried.

"Remember, Dashie, please, for us, you must always remain..."

Her mother couldn't get her last word in. Rainbow Dash pounded at the ground where they stood as she cried for their return.

"REMAIN WHAT? PLEASE, COME BACK! COME BACK!!!!

Rainbow Dash shook her head out of the trance, her eyes widened afterward. She resumed her devilish grin and continued flying towards Ponyville, her heart filled to the brim with vengeance. It was cloudy, it looked as if it were about to rain. Well, Rainbow Dash was sure in the mood to reign down something on Ponyville.

She landed in the center of town. Ponies opened their doors around her and studied her. Her eyes appeared red without gleam, and her mane no longer had any of it's colors. It was just... plain old black and white.

Her friends came out of their homes and noticed the crowd at the center of town. They gathered around to see what was going on. When her friends approached her, she had her head down, and her body tense, and still.

"What in the hay are you doin' here, Rainbow? I thought yur burned house was enough ta tell ya that you ain't welcome here any more!" Applejack shouted, while the rest of the crowd remained silent.

There were a few gusts of wind that hit everypony. Rainbow Dash lifted her head up, her nose nearly touching Applejack's. Her eyes remained concealed behind her hair, until another gust of wind hit. It was then that her eyes opened, and revealed her red, gleam-less eyes.

"WOAH!" Applejack shouted, frightened by the irregular style of Rainbow's eyes. "What in the hay is wrong with you?"

"What is it?" Twilight asked.

"Her eyes! Them things be glowin' red!"

Pinkie examined her eyes. "And her iris, it's completely bl-ACK!" Pinkie choked.

Rainbow Dash's eyes just glowed red, with the same glow effect around Pinkie's neck as if she was being choked by magic. With a quick flick of her head, Rainbow Dash threw Pinkie behind her.

The crowd gasped, and some began to back away.

"Rainbow... what... how..." Twilight couldn't gather her thoughts, she couldn't believe what she was seeing.

Rainbow's eyes began to glow again, she stepped closer to the crowd, as they backed away accordingly.

"Now hold on there, Rainbow! No need to get all fussy! Uh... how's about we build you a new-OOF!"

Applejack was forcefully pushed against a nearby wall. With one quick and mighty blow across Applejack's face, she'd been knocked out. Rainbow Dash turned around in a flash, and exhaled smoke out her nose like a bull. Her eyes glowed red once more. This time, the magical effect encased Fluttershy.

"OH NO! NO RAINBOW, PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE!" Fluttershy squealed. Rainbow Dash didn't harm her much, she just threw her on the same pile Pinkie was on. She fainted from shock as Rainbow Dash continued to attack the rest of her friends.

"Rainbow Dash! Calm down, darling! Please? Uh... STOP!" Rarity yelled.

Rainbow Dash froze for a moment. Her and Rarity's heads were nearly an inch apart. Eventually, Rainbow Dash broke the silence, and Rarity's forehead. Or at least, that's what it felt like to her when Rainbow Dash head-butted her. Rainbow Dash turned around to see Twilight in complete shock, looking back and forth at her extremely and critically injured friends.

"TWiLIGHt spArKLE, YOu ShALL paY FoR yoUR wroNg dOiNg!" A voice from Rainbow Dash's body shouted. This voice frightened Twilight. It wasn't the Rainbow Dash she knew and loved as a friend, it was something else, something out of a horrible nightmare.

"Rainbow Dash! Please... please STOP! You're hurting everypony! I beg you! PLEASE!" Twilight cried. Rainbow Dash payed no attention to her plead. One final time, her eyes glowed, and Twilight was pinned to the ground. Twilight shut her eyes tight, bracing for impact and squeezing out a tear. "No... plea-" Twilight was interrupted by a tough blow to the mouth, knocking out a couple teeth. Twilight moaned in pain, holding her jaw and quivering as she whimpered.

"RUn EVeRypoNy! RUUUUUUUN whILE You sTill cAn!!!!" Rainbow Dash shouted throughout the town. Ponies began to scatter all across the town, attempting to hide in their homes, only to get their own beating from Rainbow Dash.

Applejack woke up, and while Rainbow Dash was occupied with the rest of the town, she crawled over to Twilight.

"You alright, sugarcube?"

"I'm *cough* fine..." Twilight grunted, coughing up a few drops of blood from her broken teeth.

"We need to get outta here with the others, I'll go and check if they're alright. Stay put, Twilight, I'll be right back." Applejack told Twilight, as she scurried away from her, staying close to the ground.

"Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, y'all right?" Applejack asked, keeping her voice to a whisper.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Fluttershy's still out cold, though." Pinkie whispered back.

"Is everypony okay?" whispered Rarity as she approached the gathering.

"Rarity, good. Y'all stay here, I'll go fetch Twilight and we can all get the hay outta this war zone."

Applejack did as she had planned. She picked up Twilight, and told the rest of the group to follow her away from Rainbow Dash's rage. Crawling away, the sight of the critically injured ponies that dropped from the sky and landed next to them horrified them more and more by the moment. It was a good thing Fluttershy wasn't awake, she'd blown their cover by now.

Quickly leaving the scene of the slaughter, Twilight didn't like the look of the ponies that were stuck in her treehouse's branches. Eventually they made it inside safely. Pinkie put Fluttershy down, and Applejack put Twilight down. Twilight grunted as she stood up, trying to numb the pain as much as possible. She was worried that it hurt to even talk.

"Alright, lemme be the first to say WHAT IN THE HELL IS GOING ON OUT THERE? What's wrong with Rainbow Dash?" Twilight yelled.

"You think maybe it's the fact that WE DESTROYED HER HOUSE AND DROVE HER OUTTA TOWN?" Applejack argued back.

"What are you yelling at me for? YOU HELPED!"

"Yeah, but it was YOUR IDEA!"

"Now darlings, let's not start the blame game! We all had a hoof in creating this... monster. We can argue later, for now we need to figure out what is wrong with Rainbow Dash!"

Twilight ears perked up at a familiar voice outside. She looked out the window. Apart from seeing ponies scattered everywhere, she saw Rainbow Dash in front of 3 purple costumed pegasi. She saw one of their mouths moving, but couldn't tell what she was saying.

"Well done, Rainbow Dash. This town is cleared. I hope you don't mind doing the next one, do you?"

"Not at all, Shiva. But Fillydelphia is quite a large place, I may need some backup."

"We would love to join you, but unfortunately we need to finish preparations for... a special pony."

"Understood. Should I clear out the rest of the cities and towns as well?"

"Yes. Make sure that no pony is left alive." Shiva finished, turning around to head back to the caves for her "preparations". With one glimpse, Twilight immediately recognized the face of the ponies who had originally tried to take Rainbow Dash away from them.


"SHADOWBOLTS!"