• Published 29th Feb 2012
  • 952 Views, 15 Comments

Strange Love - The Nightmare



It's been a thousand years since Nightmare was defeated by Twilight. And now, Nightmare is back.....

  • ...
 15
 952

Prologue

"So as you can see, Nightmare Moon, the power of friendship cannot be defeated! Not by magic, or hatred, or turning one against another!" Shouted Twilight Sparkle, as the necklaces of each pony started glowing. The sixth element floating above her head turned into a crown. And each pony was lifted into the air, harnessing the Elements of Harmony. "What? That's not possible! Nooooooo!" Nightmare Moon shouted, backing up before becoming enveloped in a rainbow. And Nightmare Moon was defeated once more, yet again locked into the moon.

~*^*~

But alas, the spell is breaking. And now, a thousand years later, Nightmare Moon escapes. And now she rules along Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, a fair princess over dear Equistria. Her flowing mane matching her sisters, with the youngest in the middle. He nephew by her side, along with her most trusted friends, Zecora. And that, my little pony, is where our story begins.

~*^*~

"A thousand years is a long time....

"Being locked up wasn't the worst of my imprisonment.

"Oh, no. It was the isolation.

"Being alone in the moon, watching all the ponies play in the sun...

"It nearly killed me.

"But I'm free. Finally. Free.

"And how good it feels."