• Published 1st Oct 2013
  • 675 Views, 12 Comments

One Stranded Human - sbloom85



Greg Sanders, the human who helped Applejack, Apple Bloom and Big Macintosh escape from captivity begins adjusting to a new life on a new world. Non-canon continuation.

  • ...
6
 12
 675

Meeting the Mayor

The week passes slowly for Greg. He would start the mornings by doing crunches, push-ups and sit-ups. Afterward, he would go to the basement and jog laps.

Twilight and Spike observe the newcomer as he starts his fifth lap. "He needs to get out, Twilight." Spike says quietly with a hint of concern.

"I know, but he wants to meet with the mayor before thinking about it." She reminded him.

The library's front door knocks a few times before it opens. The Ponyville mayor enters casually. "Miss Sparkle?" She calls.

Twilight approaches the mayor and shakes her hoof. "Thank you for coming, Mayor Mare." She says.

"I hope this will be quick, Twilight." She says almost impatiently. "I do have other matters to attend to."

Twilight giggles. "I think you're going to have to put your other appointments on hold." She says, walking to the stairwell going downstairs. "Greg! She's here!" She yells down.

The mayor looked confused, that is until Greg ascends to the main room, then she's shocked.

Greg and Twilight approach the dumbfounded mayor. "Mayor Mare, I'd like to introduce you to Greg Sanders." She says.

Greg extends his hand. Not wanting to be rude, but still unsure about this creature, the mayor places her hoof on his hand. Greg gently wraps his fingers around her hoof and slowly shakes it.

"Thank you for meeting me, ma'am." He says before releasing his grip.

"N-no problem..." The mayor stumbles. "I'm going to guess that this is about citizenship."

Greg rocks his head side to side. "Kind of." He answers. "The reason I wanted to meet you like this is because I don't want to frighten anyone else." He continues. "We both know that fear can lead to anger... and the outcome will not be pleasant."

The mayor nods. "Of course, Mister Sanders. Then I suppose you want me to interview you?"

Greg nods. "If you'd like. Twilight had taken the liberty of jotting down some notes and I wrote down accounts of my time in space."

The mayor's eyes widen. "H-how did you get here?" She asks. "I've been so preoccupied with you being here that I-"

"It's alright, ma'am." Greg interrupts. "Less than two weeks ago, three of your citizens: Applejack, Big Macintosh and Apple Bloom were abducted by an alien race. I helped free them and the others who had been abducted."

The mayor adjusts her glasses, unsure if what he was saying was true or not, then looks over to Twilight. "Is this true, Miss Sparkle?"

Twilight nods. "Yes. Do you remember the fireballs in the sky ten days ago?" She asks. The mayor nods. "Those fireballs were in fact part of the alien craft that Greg blew up."

The mayor went from cautious to terrified. "What did you do that for?!" She asks him.

"In my anger, I wanted to send them a message." He says. "You'll read about my experiences in the notes that I'll give you."

Greg leaves the room and enters his makeshift bedroom. Twilight levitates a stack of paper and sets it on the table next to the Mayor.

"Those are my notes on him." She says. "It'll be an interesting read to say the least, but it'll give you a better understanding on who he is. His personal notes will add to this as well."

Now the mayor was curious. Greg reenters the room with his notes, walks over to the table and sets them next to Twilight's. "I don't expect you to like me right away. That's okay."

The mayor examines the paper once again, then looks up to Greg. "Maybe we can have a casual conversation before I read these notes."

Twilight beams. "Excellent!" She yells, clapping her hooves together. "I've been saving something for this occasion!"

Twilight skips into the kitchen area. Greg looks at the mayor with a raised eyebrow. The mayor shrugs. Twilight returns, levitating three glasses and an unlabeled bottle in front of her and sets them down on the table.

"Liquor?" Greg asks flatly. He grabs the bottle, pops the cork off and smells it. "Wine?"

Twilight takes the bottle away from Greg and pours a little bit into the glasses. "Yep. My parents received it from Princess Celestia when I became her protogé." She says, setting the bottle aside. "They sent it to me when I moved to Ponyville."

Greg picks up his glass and smells the wine once again, but it smells different than the cork. "Thank you for sharing." He says, taking a sip. It was not as acidic as he thought it was going to be, but rather sweet. "Is this really wine, or is it punch?"

Twilight chuckles as she takes a sip from it herself, realising her mistake. "This is punch, actually..." She says, putting the cork back on the bottle. "Excuse me."

Twilight once again trots to the kitchen area, this time she was frustrated.

Greg looks over to the mayor, who is drinking the punch in her glass. "I think it's tasty." She says. Greg nods in agreement.

Twilight had been in the kitchen for a while. Could she not find the wine? She trots out of the kitchen and takes a deep breath. "SPIIIIIIKE!!" She yells at the top of her lungs.

An instant later, Spike rushes up to Twilight. "What can I do for you, Twilight?" He asks.

Twilight levitates an empty bottle with a punch label in front of him. "Would you care to explain this?"

Spike laughs nervously. Greg walks over to the two and glares at Twilight. "You're being a bad host right now, Twilight." He observed, then looks over to Spike. "Since when do you drink alcohol?"

At that moment, everyone's eyes widen. "Alcohol?" Twilight asks. "Ponies don't drink alcohol. Its affects on us have been proven to be dangerous." She adds.

Greg scratches the back of his head, glancing back and forth between Twilight and Spike. "I didn't know it was non-alcoholic stuff." He says, lowering his arm. "I do understand your anger though. You did have it for a long time and were hoping to share it when the time was right."

Twilight returns her glare to Spike. "And what do you have to say for yourself?"

Spike fidgets nervously. "It was tasty." He says. Greg facepalms, Twilight facehooves and groans. "I had no idea you were saving it, Twilight." Spike continued.

Twilight groans again. "How long has it been gone?"

Spike whimpers. "About six months..." He admits. "I'm so sorry, Twilight. It had been sitting there forever and I wanted to-"

"It's okay, Spike." Twilight interrupts, then trots to the mayor. "Forgive me, Mayor. I was hoping we could have that wine."

The mayor scoffs. "It's fine, Miss Sparkle. I'm sure we'll make do with the punch."

Happiness returns to Twilight's face. "Then I'll pull out the punch." She says, returning to the kitchen.

When she returns, Twilight is carrying not only the punch, but more appropriate glassware.

After an hour of talking, the mayor, holding her glass in her hooves, raises it to Greg's and tap them together. "I have a feeling you'll get along quite well in Equestria, Greg." She says.

Greg nods. "I hope so. I don't want to spend more time here than I need to."

The mayor chuckles and sets down her glass. "How about tomorrow I hold a speech in town square and introduce you to Ponyville?"

Greg smiles. "If you think it would be the best thing to do, then let's do it."