• Published 24th Sep 2013
  • 630 Views, 39 Comments

The Power of Portals - Flames173



Yo, whats up? My name is Joe, and the craziest thing happened to me the other day! My friends and I went to Equestria! Can you believe it?

  • ...
10
 39
 630

Chapter 8

When Jodi and I stepped out of the train and onto the platform, there were tons of other ponies jostling around the station. Most of them were talking, and it was so loud I literally couldn't hear myself think. Shortly after we got out, several other ponies took our car. I looked around, each car was getting filled with about 10 ponies, where would they all sleep? There were only four so called 'beds' in each car. Oh well, wasn't my problem right? I looked at Jodi who barely had enough room to stand in the sea of unknown ponies. I reached to her and poked her should to get her attention. When she looked at me, I flared my wings and glanced up. She nodded and darted into the sky. I followed close behind.

"So, where are we supposed to go?" she asked when Jodi and I were both far above the train station.

"Well, I don't know." I said. "How about we try over there first?" I nodded toward a building with several balloons by the door, and a sign that said something about the princesses coming.

"Why? All that seems like is a little mare's birthday party with two underpaid actresses that are going to dance or sing or something stupid."

"Nah, I can just feel royal power emanating from that building."

"All right, whatever."


"Royal power eh?" Jodi asked me as we left the building. "Bunch of crap is all I saw."

"Well, that was disappointing." I said. I stared up at the sky. Jodi said some more, but I tuned her out. "Sun, tell me where Celestia is. Please." I whispered. I watched the sun. It wasn't making it's usual progress across the sky, it was just sitting there, staring back at me. "Jodi, something is wrong. Terribly wrong."

"Why is that?" she said, stopping whatever she was talking about before.

"The sun, it's not moving, and what's more, it's not blinding me."

"So? We're in a cartoon, you think they'd actually draw it move and blind people?"

"No, nothing like that. Celestia controls the sun. As long as her magic is functioning, the sun will blind those who stare at it and it will constantly rise or set."

"Oh God, where is this going?" Jodi asked me.

"Something is terribly wrong." I said beginning to run back to the train station. "We have to go to Canterlot, now."

"Joe, wait for me!" she shouted, sprinting to catch up to me.

"You better hurry up then, I'm not slowing down, we have to do something fast!" The train station quickly came into view. I spread my wings and rocketed to my destination.

"Where to sir?" The stallion at the counter asked me quickly, noticing that I was in a hurry.

"Two tickets, to, Canterlot." I said between gasps.

"All right, here you go." He slipped two tickets through the hole in the glass.

"Jodi, pay the man." I commanded then dashed to the train to get a car for just us two.

"Ugg, sorry hes in a hurry." Jodi apologized then put a bunch of bits through the hole and bolted after me.


"So then." I said. "I got us a nice car this time huh?" I asked from the deluxe bed that was definitely large enough for both of us.

"What was that?" She yelled. "I demand an explanation now!"

"Ok, well in Equestria, the entire country is governed by two princesses. One who controls the day, the other, the night."

"So, what does this have to do with anything?"

"They both have magic like Twilight, though way more powerful. Without them, day night cycles would not exist, as long as Celestia's magic works, the sun cycles, as long as Luna's magic works, the moon cycles. The sun isn't moving, which means it isn't in cycle, which also means that Celestia's magic isn't working. This is a severe abnormality. Magic in this world is free flowing, and it never stops flowing. The only times an alicorn or unicorn can't use their magic is if their too tired to tap into their mana reserves. The princesses, being immortal, require no energy to do anything, so this isn't as simple as Celestia is tired, she was sabotaged and possibly mare napped. We may be the only ponies who know. We're going to Canterlot for answers."

"Why Canterlot?"

"Canterlot is where the castle is, and where the princesses live. We have to inform the royal guard immediately."

"Wait, why would princesses rule the kingdom? Where's the King and the Queen?"

"I don't know, nobody has ever come up with a logical explanation. Probably because this show was made for little girls, and princesses seemed more appealing? Don't ask me."

"All right then. Now can we talk about something normal?" Jodi asked me.

"Uhh sure. So, do you want to talk like we're just friends or do you want to hear my failed attempts at flirting first?"

Jodi giggled.

Author's Note:

This is the result of having no plans for where the chapter goes and writing at midnight. :pinkiesick: