• Published 17th Sep 2013
  • 639 Views, 11 Comments

A Pony in Need - SaiyanApprentice



When Princess Celestia Assigns Twilight a new Assignment to teach a Pony (who has never had someone to call a friend) the magic of friendship. Twilight will do everything to help this pony make friends and even devolve a special relationship with him

  • ...
7
 11
 639

The Pony in need

Chapter 1: The Pony in need


It was another gorgeous day in Ponyvile. The sun was shinning bright, the birds were singing, and everypony was going about their normal day. As for a certain Alicorn named Twilight Sparkle everything was going as usually as any other day.

Twilight is mare Alicorn with a pale, light grayish mulberry coat, a moderate sapphire blue with moderate violet and brilliant rose streaks, and has a pink six-pointed sparkle surrounded by 5 smaller sparks cutie mark.

Twilight lives at the grand oak library along with her number one assistant Spike and her pet owl Owlowiscious.

Spike is a small light mulberry dragon, with a light spring budish gray underbelly, moderate pistachio eyes and light lime green ears.

Twilight was doing her usually daily reading on her bed enjoying a book on Spell casting. She loved to read and was one of her favorites things to do. Just then Spike came up running holding a scroll I his hand.

“TWILIGHT!! Twilight” shouted Spike stopping in front of Twilight.

Twilight looked over her book and put it down. “Yes whats is it Spike?” said Twilight.

“Princess Celestia just sent you a letter and its she says its urgent” said Spike handing Twilight the scroll.

Twilight then used her magic and levitated the scroll up, opened it up and started reading it.

Dear Twilight Sparkle,

I have sent you this letter because I am assigning you a new assignment, However this one will be a little more different from all the others. So with that said I need you to come meet me in Canterlot to receive your assignment

Sincerely Princess Celestia.

“Huh I wonder what my new assignment could be?” said Twilight.

“You mean she didn't tell you in the message?” said Spike in a surprised tone. “That's certainly odd”.

“Well maybe its really important and she prefers to tell me personally” said Twilight.

Twilight then used her magic and levitated a saddle bag on her back putting her book that she was reading and some apples to snack on later. Twilight then walked down the stairs and headed for the door.

“So I guess your heading to Canterlot now aren't you?” said Spike.

“Yep. And I need you to watch the library while im gone” said Twilight. “Can you handle it?”

“Of course I can” said Spike. “I wont let you down”.

“Good” said Twilight using her magic to open the library door. “I'll see you tomorrow Spike”.

Twilight then walked out the door, shut it using her magic and then continued on to the train station.

10 MINUTES LATER...

Twilight was now on a train heading for Canterlot. She was still reading the same book she was earlier. But after a couple of minutes Twilight couldn't help but put the book down and look out the window to see huge fields of grass land and that got her thinking of Princess Celestias new assignment for her.

“I wonder what this new assignment could be?” said Twilight. “It could be a an essay or maybe its a test to see how my princess duties are going. BUT I DIDN'T STUDY!!”.

Twilight took a moment to calm herself down to think the new assignment couldn't be a test it had to be something else.

“No it can't be that” said Twilight. “Ill just have to find out tomorrow”.

With that said, Twilight then pick her book back on and continued to read on from where she had left off. The rest of the evening went pretty calm, Twilight was now almost done with her book and it was getting late so she deiced its best if she hit the hay and get some sleep.

THE NEXT DAY...

Twilight woke up to see the sun rising over the hills making a beautiful scenery as the train was about to reach Canterlot. Twilight then realized she had fallen asleep while reading her book which now she was about 3/4's the way done. She put the book back in her saddle bag and the intercom on the train came on.

Now arriving in Canterlot, the capital of Eqrestria.

With that announcement Twilight took her saddle bag, put it back on her back and got ready to exit the train.

20 MINUTES LATER...

Twilight had finally got of the train and had reached the castle. She was heading for the throne room which she knew Princess Celestia was patiently waiting for her. She was walking down a big narrow hallway which led to the throne room which hand huge windows on the sides with interesting designs on them. Twilight then came upon a huge door guarded by to royal guards.

“Princess Twilight” said the royal guard on the right wearing gold armor and had a pure white coat. “The Princess has been expecting you”.

With that the two royal guards opened the giant door the the throne room. “Her Highness Princess Twilight Sparkle” said the royal guard.

Twilight gave a nervous smile to the guards. She still felt it very flattering when ever she was introduced like that even though shes been a Princess for at the most a month. Twilight looked over to she Princess Celestia siting on her thrown looking down the room at Twilight.

Princess Celestia is a white Alicorn with a big light cerulean, turquoise, cabalt blue and heliotrope mane and tail, magenta eyes,and a stylized sun cutie mark. Twilight walked up to the throne and stopped in front of it.

Twilight then noticed that there was also there was a dark red unicorn Pony with a black mane and tail, navy blue eyes and a hammer and wood plank crossed over cutie mark standing next the Princess not looking happy to be there as in he had better things to do.

Twilight didn't know what to think of the dark red pony. He looked around the same age as she was. She actually that he was pretty cute but decided to put that in the back of her mind and make it the least of her thoughts for the moment.

“Ah Twilight Sparkle im so glad you could make it” said Celestia. “Well I came as soon as I heard word from you” said Twilight. “So whats this Assignment”.

The princess walked down to Twilight and smiled. “Im glad you asked” said Celestia walking towards twilight. “You see remember when I assigned you to learn about the magic of friendship right?” Celestia the stopped in front of Twilight

Twilight remembered that moment like it was yesterday, it was the day that changed her life forever, she had made some true real friends and wouldn't be in her current position as a princess if she hadn't learned about friendship.

“Of course I do princess” said Twilight. “What makes you ask that said?”.

“Well you see Twilight?” Celestia Started. “I have a Ponies from all over Equestria sending me mail. Some are requests and others are just writing to me for fun. Normally some of the requests are ones I cannot do, but the other day I received one request that caught my eye that I knew you would be perfect for the job. Do you see the dark red pony next my throne?”

“Yes of course I've been wondering why he was next to you” said Twilight.

“Well you see this Ace Syntax” said Celestia. “And his whole life he has been tormented, lonely, and depressed. its just been from bully's, getting beat up and being made fun of.

Twilight gasped. “Aw the poor thing” said Twilight feeling sorry for him.

“Indeed and he's gone his whole life without one friend or somepony to even call a friend” said Celestia.

Twilight was shocked. Usually everypony had at least one pony to call a friend. “That's terrible I had no idea” said Twilight.

“Yes and over time it has gotten worse. As of right now he doesn't trust anypony to but him and his mother because of all the tormenting and hate he's gotten, he's afraid of expressing himself openly to anypony” said Celestia.

“Wow I fell bad for him” said Twilight. “W-wait what about his father?”.

Princess Celestia gave Twilight a sad look. “He's doesnt known his father” said Celestia.

“Oh my thats terrible. That pony's been threw a lot hasn't he?” said Twilight.

“Yes he has and it was his mother who had sent the letter to me telling me everything” said Celestia. “Shes worried sick about him and doesn't want him to go the rest of his life not know the values of friendship and how important it is”.

Twilight then raised an eyebrow at the Princess. “What are you saying?” said Twilight.

The princess then smiled again. “Twilight this Assignment is going to be a little different then you others” said Celestia. “Instead of learning friendship this time you are to teach the magic of friendship to Ace”.

Twilight was surprised but at the same time she had a feeling this was coming. “W-wow I don't know what to say” said Twilight.

“Well this will only be for a week so he will be staying with you until the week is up” said Celestia. “Is that alright with you?”

Twilight didn't know what to think. She wasn't sure about letting him stay with her when she barely knows him but trusted the princess and agreed. “Yes of course”said Twilight.

“Im glad you agree now why don't we say hello” said Celestia as she and Twilight walked back up to her throne. “Hello their Ace”.

The Dark red pony looked up at Celestia and gave an unenthusiastic hi. “*sign* hello princess Celestia” said Ace.

“Ace this is Twilight Sparkle she will be teaching you the values of friendship. Can you say hello?” said Celestia.

Ace looked over at Twilight and gave her an unenthusiastic hello as well. “Hello Twilight” said Ace.

“Good, now you two better be heading back to Ponyvile you have a lot to learn Ace” said Celestia.

20 MINUTES LATER..

Both Twilight and Ace we back on a train heading back to Ponyvile. Ace was staring out a window not looking happy at all and Twilight was just staring at him with curiosity. Twilight didn't know what to think of Ace besides the fact that he could use some friends. Twilight finally decided to start up a conversation.

“So...did you enjoy your trip to canterlot?” asked Twilight.

“Whatever” Ace replied.

Twilight raised an eyebrow a Ace.

“Well that was kinda rude” said Twilight. “Did I do something wrong?”.

Ace signed and looked at Twilight.

“Look here Princess I know the only reason your helping me is because princess Celestia is making you, Not because you want too. I bet you could care less about helping me if you weren't required to help me” said Ace.

"she's just like the rest” thought Ace looking back out the window.

Twilight was surprised to hear this. She would never not want to help somepony. She was always willing to help others.

“That's not true I really do want to help you Ace” said Twilight.

Twilight then decided to say something that she knew she should probably keep to herself but she had to try and get on his good side.

“That and you look kinda cute” said Twilight trying to hide her blush.

Ace however didn't bother to look back at Twilight and didn't care for the comment she made.

“Your just saying that to try to get me to feel better. You don't actually mean it” said Ace.

Twilight wanted to speak up but decided to stay quiet. She thought it just be best if she just left him be for now and wait till later to talk to him.

LATER AT NIGHT...

After a long day of a train ride the train had finally reached Ponyvile. It was late at night. Twilight and Ace got off the train and started to walk to the library. No pony was really out and about since it was late so it was a very quiet for the two.

Now that Twilight and Ace were off the train, Twilight didn't know what to say to him. She kept thinking and thinking and right when she was about to say something Ace spoke up.

“Sooo Where exactly do you live?” said Ace.

Twilight smiled and was glad that Ace was finally starting to talk to her again. “I live at the Grand Oak library” said Twilight.

Ace's eyes widen and he looked over at Twilight. “You live in a library?” asked Ace.

“Yeah. Are you a fan of reading as well?” Twilight asked.

“Well I never really have anything else to do since im by myself most of time so I guess you can say that” said Ace.

“Well trust me you'll feel right at home” said Twilight.

5 MINUTES LATER...

Twilight and Ace walked through the door of the Grand Oak library to be greeted by a drowsy Spike. “*Yawn* Hey Twilight how was the Princess and whats you Assignment” asked Spike.

Spike then noticed a dark red unicorn pony standing besides Twilight and was curious of what he was doing with her.

“Uh Twilight? Whos this?” asked Spike.

Twilight gave spike a smile and happily replied. “Spike this is Ace Syntax and he is my Assignment. He will be staying with us for a week” said Twilight taking her saddle bag off.

Spikes eyes widen. “W-WHAT!?” Shouted Spike.

“The Princess assigned me to help him learn the magic of friendship Spike” said Twilight.

Twilight then got closer to spike and started to whisper. “Plus this pony has had it pretty rough his entire life” Twilight Whispered.

Spike looked up at Twilight. “That bad?” asked Spike.

Twilight nodded.

Spike didn't know what to think but instead started to head upstairs. “Well its late its best I be heading to bed” said Spike. “Goodnight Twilight”.

“Goodnight Spike” said Twilight.

Twilight then turned back to Ace who was wondering who the light purple dragon was.

“Um who was that?” said Ace.

“That's Spike. He's my number one assistant, He helps me around the library and he's also family to me” said Twilight.

“Oh I see” said Ace.

Twilight smiled at Ace and started to walk up the stairs “Common ill show you were you'll sleep” said Twilight.

Ace nodded and followed Twilight up the Library stairs. He was still curious about Twilight but seemed to let her guide him.

“Well this is my bed over here” said Twilight pointing at her bed by the window.

Ace noticed that Spike was in a small basket like bed next to Twilight's bed and had his covers over his head. He knew that Spike was probably trying to sleep without the lights that were still on at the moment.

“And over there is the guest bed” said Twilight pointing at a bed across the room.

Ace started to walk toward the bed as Twilight watched him walk by but Ace suddenly stopped which got Twilight curious.

“Hey Twilight?” said Ace

Twilight raised an eye brow an replied back. “Yes?” Twilight replied.

Ace turned around and looked at Twilight.

“Thanks” said Ace.

Twilight gave him a warm smile. “Your very welcome” said Twilight.

Ace then turned back around and headed over toward his bed. Twilight was feeling very joyful at the moment. She had finally heard a thank you from Ace as well as not saying anything negative in the past hour.

Twilight then turned off the light and the both ponies got in their beds and pulled the covers over them.
Twilight knew tomorrow would be a big day and she needed her rest. She had thought it over and deiced it would be best if she introduced him to her friends.

THE NEXT MORNING...

Twilight woke up feeling tried as usually and slithered out of bed. She then walked down the Library steps to the kitchen where Spike was making breakfast. “*yawn* morning Spike” said Twilight.

Spike didn't hear Twilight come in and turned around to greet her. “Morning Twilight. Did you sleep well?” asked Spike.

“Yes I did in fact despite traveling all day yesterday and when I left” said Twilight. “I was pretty worn out”.

“I bet you were” said Spike. “So I thought I'd cook you make you a special breakfast.

“Well that's very kind of you spike” said Twilight.

After Twilight said thanks Ace walked in the kitchen. Twilight noticed him come in, looked over and smiled at him.

“Good morning Ace” said Twilight.

“Morning” Ace replied.

Ace then walked over to the table and sat down. Twilight did the same and sat down next to him.

“So are you ready for today?” asked Twilight.

“I don't know” said Ace.

“Well I assure you today you will have lots of fun” said Twilight.

Ace just signed. “Whatever” said Ace.

Twilight was trying her best to change the ponies attitude so she thought she could take him to her friend rainbow dash first since she knows some cools tricks that might impress him.

Spike then took two plates with three layers of steaming hot Pancakes with butter on top of them and set the two plates in front of Twilight and Ace. Twilight took a sniff of the buttery pancakes and was delighted by the smell

“Mmmm these smell so good” said Twilight. “Excellent job Spike”.

Spike slightly blushed. “Aw it was nothing really” said Spike. “Its just breakfast”

“Its a great breakfast Spike. Thank you” said Twilight.

Spike looked at Twilight and smiled. “Your welcome Twilight” said Spike.

Twilight then turned her attention back to Ace. “As for you Ace today will be a very interesting day for both you and me” said Twilight.

So for the whole day Twilight introduced Ace to most of her friends but it didn't go the way she had planned it would.

They first visited Rainbow dash; a light cerulean mare pegasus with a rainbow mane and tail that had the colors light red, light vermillion, light gold, moderate sap green, cornflower blue, and moderate violet. She also had moderate cerise eyes and a blue-yellow-red lightning bolt with a could cutie mark.

Rainbow dash decided to show Ace all of her amazing tricks but what ever rainbow dash did nothing seemed to amuse the dark red unicorn. So after a while Rainbow dash finally gave up and stormed off angry with Ace.

Then they visited another one of Twilight's friends Rarity; A white mare unicorn pony with indigo curled mane and tail, azure eyes and a three lozenge diamonds cutie mark. She tried to get him into helping her with dresses and trying on different clothing but that only made Ace more annoyed and didn't want to stay one bit.

After that they visited Twilight's friend Applejack; A light gamboge colored mare earth pony with a pale light grayish olive mane and tail, both had a ponytail at the end of them, freckles, sap green eyes, wearing a light brown setson hat and had a cutie mark with 3 red apples.

Applejack tried to get Ace into some apple bucking but Ace could care less about doing that. Twilight and Applejack then tried to get him to do other fun farm activities but he didn't really care much for them at all.

Then Twilight deiced that they should visit her friend Fluttershy; a pale light grayish gold pegasus with a long pale light grayish rose mane and tail, moderate cyan eyes, and a three butterfly's with cyan bodys and pink wings cutie mark. Fluttershy was shy about introducing herself to Ace at first but then was happy to show him all of her animals and thought he'd like to help.

Ace however thought Fluttershys animal caring was boring and could care less about what she had to say. He also thought Fluttershy was a big push over but he didn't say it to her face cause Twilight warned him about how Fluttershy can easily take offense and be hurt emotionally really easily.

The duo were now walking thought Ponyvile as Twilight was trying to think of how to make Ace at least cheer up and at least smile for once.

I can't believe he hasn't even had fun or anything today. I even introduced him to most my friends and he didn't even enjoy any of it or smile ONCE” thought Twilight. “I wonder have how im going to get him to at least cheer up. Hhmmm...smile...smile..THAT'S IT!!! Pinkie pie, I can't believe I didn't think of her first. If theirs anypony that can cheer anypony up or at least make them smile its Pinkie pie".

Twilight then turned to Ace.

“Are we done yet?” said Ace.

“No. There is one pony I know you'll want to meet” said Twilight.

“Look I already know what your trying to do. Pretending to be nice and try to get me to make these so called “friends” you think will want me to be their friends. So why don't you just drop the subject” said Ace.

Twilight didn't know what to say but she knew she couldn't give up on him. “Look Ace I know you think im just pretending to be nice to you but im not I really think your great colt and trust me just one more pony to visit I promise” said Twilight.

Ace stuided Twilight and thought to himself if she was telling the truth or not. “Oh alright but only ONE more after that im done” said Ace.

Twilight smiled “Alright fair enough” said Twilight.

With that the duo started to head toward the sugar cube corner to meet a certain pink pony.

As the duo continued to walk Ace questioned Twilight on who this pony even was. "alright so who are we visiting this time" said Ace.

"Her name is Pinkie Pie" said Twilight. "And trust me I promise she's a fun pony to be around".

"This better be worth it" said Ace. "If you faking this then I swear".

Just then a light pink pony with a curly raspberry colored mane and tail, light cerulean eyes, and a three balloons with two yellow balloons on the left and right and one blue one in the middle, came happily bouncing toward the duo.

"Or even better she'll find us" thought Twilight.

Pinkie Pie noticed twilight walking along in front of her and rushed to her side.

"HEY TWILIGHT!! I haven't see you in days. I've wondered where you were. then I remembered that your a very very very very very very busy pony an-" Pinkie was cut off by twilight putting her hoof to Pinkies mouth.

"Pinkie I need to your help" said Twilight taking her hood off Pinkie Pie's mouth

My help? OH! I can help with anything. What do you need me for?" Said Pinkie Pie. "Also who's Mr.Grumpy pants next to you?"

"Well you see that's what I need your help with" said Twilight "As you see it's a long story but to make a long story short, I was assigned by the princess to teach Ace Syntax over here the magic of Friendship. And the reason he's so grumpy cause he thinks I'm just pretending to be nice to him. I mean I don't blame him after going his whole life without one friend but do you think you can cheer him up or at least make him smile?"

Pinkie Pie gave twilight Twilight a big grin. "Of course I can can. I can make anypony smile" said Pinkie cheerfully.

With that said Pinkie Pie dashed off and came back with flash carrying a tons of party materials, funny stuff to wear and instruments.

Pinkie Pie then walked up to Ace. "Well hi there Ace how are you doing" said Pinkie Pie smiling at him.

Ace replies to the pink pony unenthusiasticly. "*Sign* just great" said Ace.

"Well good cause I'm going turn that frown" said Pinkie grabbing Aces mouth. "Upside down" said Pinkie cheerfully positioning Aces mouth into a smiling position.

Ace then pushed Pinkie Pie off of him. "What the heck" said Ace. "What are you trying to even do to me?"

"I'm trying to make you smile silly willy" said Pinkie.

Pinkie then grabbed some intrustments from her pile of things and started to play the harmonica, trombone, drums and tube at the same time trying to get a smile out of Ace.

Ace however didn't even budge. He was amazed how she was playing four instruments at once but didn't smile one bit.

Pinkie looked up to see if Ace was smiling but then stopped with disappointment in her eyes when she saw he wasn't smiling at all.

"Dang your good" said Pinkie. "It's harder to to make him smile then it is for cranky doodle".

"Yeah you said it. I tried get the others to try an cheer him up and nothing worked" said Twilight. "Even Rainbow Dashes tricks didn't even impress him"

Pinkie pie thought to herself what could make dark red unicorn laugh. she kept thinking and thinking and finally a idea popped in her head and she grabbed a pie from her pile of stuff and set it on the ground.

Twilight the raised an eyebrow at what Pinkie was doing. "Uh Pinkie what are you doing?" asked Twilight.

"Well when I foal sit pound cake and pumpkin cake they always laugh at stuff like this" said Pinkie.

Twilight then caught on to what Pinkie Pie was doing and started to get worried. "Wait are you sure cause were in public and all so"

"Relax Twilight I know what I'm doing" said Pinkie

"Hey Ace" said Pinkie.

"What?" said Ace in an annoyed tone.

Pinkie then started walking toward ace. "Well I was wonder WWAAAHH
". Pinkie pie was cut off by tripping and falling face first in to the raspberry pie.

Everypony around them started to burst out with laughter at the pink pony. Twilight then looked over at Ace and saw that he was trying to hold in his laugh but couldn't help it and started to laugh as well.

Pinkie raised her face from the pie. "It worked?" said Pinkie. Pinkie Pie then looked over at Ace to see him on the ground laughing and that made Pinkie jump up in Happiness.

Twilight could not believe it Ace was actually having a good time and laughing.

"HAHAHA I haven't felt this joyful in a long time" said Ace laughing. Ace then stopped and looked at Pinkie pie. "Alright I admit that was pretty funny how you accidentally slipped and fell in that pie" said Ace.

Pinkie Pie raise an eyebrow at Ace. "Well i was going to give it to you and let you throw it at me but I guess that was just as good" said Pinkie.

Ace's face then got serious. "Wait you were trying to get me to laugh for real" said Ace.

"YUP. And it worked" said Pinkie.

Ace then looked around. "Even out here with everyone around you went through all that just to cheer me up?" asked Ace.

Pinkie Pie smiled. "Well of course. Im willing to do anything to make anypony smile. Im always nice to everypony" said Pinkie.

Ace then got a sad look on his face. "Oh wow i never thought of it like that I thought you and Twilight were faking it for trying to help me but...You guys really do want to help me" said Ace.

Twilight couldn't believe it she was finally getting to Ace to where he can cheer up and enjoy himself. Twilight then noticed Ace turning to her.

"Twilight im sorry for the way I acted towards you and your friends all this time. Im just so use to ponies not caring for me at all and just faking being nice. I didn't know I meant so much to you" said Ace.

Twilight starting blushing and thanked Ace. "Apology accepted" said Twilight. "And I understand why the way you acted"

"Well I feel bad now because I should have trusted you and Princess Celestia but I didn't. I just assumed you we're like everypony else" said Ace hanging his head down.

"Ace its alright I promise you" said Twilight.

"Yeah but I acted terrible around the rest of your friends. How will they ever forgive me for the way I acted?" said Ace.

"We can explain to them everything you've been through and im sure the'll understand" said Twilight.

Ace smiled at Twilight and Twilight smiled back but before anything else could happen Pinkie Pie spoke up.

"Sooo Twilight how long has Ace been in Ponyvile?" asked Pinkie Pie.

"We'll we came in late last night" said Twilight.

Pinkie Pie's mouth dropped and her eyes widened. "*Gasp* YOU mean he's been here for a day already!!" Exclaimed Pinkie.

"Well yeah but-" Twilight was cut of by Pinkie Pie.

"Wha-bu-wai-WHAT!! You should have told me. We could of had one of my super doper amazing Pinkie Pie midnight party's!" said Pinkie Pie.

"Pinkie it's alright we can-". Again Twilight was cut off Pinkie Pie.

"NO! I have to make this party extra super doper special" said Pinkie. "Bye, see ya, got to party to plan". With that Pinkie zoomed off with a flash.

Ace didn't know what to think of what just happened. "Um what was that all about?" asked Ace.

"Oh Pinkie Pie has party's for when ever there's a new pony in Ponyvile" said Twilight.

"Well that's awfully nice of her" said Ace. "I bet all that was about my party right?".

"Yep. And since I didn't tell her when we got back like she said, she'll make it extra special for you" said Twilight

"Well gee I've never been to a party before besides the ones me and my mom through for my birthday" said Ace.

"Well your going to love this a grantee it" said Twilight. "Now common lets head back to the Library and get ready for company".

"Alright cool" said Ace. "Also Twilight?".

Twilight looked over at Ace.

"Yes I do love to read by the way" said Ace.

Twilight smiled and was glad Ace was being more open to her then he was before.

"Well I do love to read too" said Twilight.

So the duo started to walk back to the library chatting and to getting ready for company.

Author's Note:

Thank you bro's so much for reading and let me know what you think of the story so far.

Im really trying to do my best with this story and If you see some spelling or Grammar errors just let me know and ill fix them

I will make more chapters regardless.

Anyway please leave a review below and thanks so much for reading and *Brohoof* Stay classy