• Published 9th Sep 2013
  • 1,324 Views, 40 Comments

The Twixie Degree - AmbientWaves



Twilight Sparkle can't sleep since a pony she ran out of town, feeling that something bad is happening as she decides to find the mare and find out why she fills this way.

  • ...
14
 40
 1,324

The Prolouge

Hello People This is my first fan fic I ever did and also I'm not the best with my grammer I'm slowly learning so uhh yeah
Please Hope you Enjoy and remember first one so I will care about hash feedback.
This is also based on first trixie the one that run out of ponyville by the Ursa Minor so just keep that in mind
Also this contains a bit of gore, grim dark and more so yeah
~READER BEWARE~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was a dark night in Ponyville and everypony was in bed. All except one.

"Gahhh, I can't sleep" The lavender unicorn said as she was pacing back and forth through the house when she heard a walk down the stairs.

"Twilight?" Said the small dragon.

"What is it spike?" She looked at him with very tired eyes.

"You’ve been up for 4 nights now, I'm worried about you twilight" Spike said in a sleepily from waking up to the sounds of twilight mumbling and pacing on the floor downstairs in the library.

"I know spike... B-but I don't know why. Ever since that night Trixie ran out of Ponyville my hearts been telling me to make sure she’s alright and that I should find her. I mean she’s homeless right now…" The lavender unicorn started crying a bit knowing that something bad could have happened because of her.

"Look" Spike sighed "It's not your fault, she chose to run away and you had to help Ponyville.
.
"I-I know... But I just keep hearing this voice..." She said pausing before she decided she will try and sleep again. As she walked up the stairs almost tripping from being sleep deprived from her fear of getting another nightmare. As she crawled into bed she slowly started to close her eyes feeling the soft bed and blankets wrapped around her as she slowly drifted off to sleep.

<><><><><>

Trixie has been running all night trying to get away from a wild manticore that had been chasing her for days. As she tripped on a rock, she could feel a sting go through her body. She got up and when looked over her body she saw cuts on almost every part. But then she noticed a light in the distance. She started to run towards the light noticing the manticore as he got closer. It could smell her blood and saw her scream in pain. The azure unicorn ran towards the light, limping as she felt every muscle in her body burning. She continued hoping that she could make it and.

*SNAP*

She fell face first into a mud puddle. Mud covering her body, the wounds hurt more as she just lay there, her body too weak to move. She heard a growl come up in front of her followed by a very hungry manticore licking its lips.

<><><><><>

Twilight woke up to the sound of Pinkie’s voice.

"Oohhh Twilight, Twilight, Twilight!" The pink pony said in her usual over enthusiastic manner while jumping up and down.

The sleepy unicorn rubbed her eye with a yawn before slowly bringing herself to a sitting position. "Morning" She said as she stretched.

"Rarity said she has something for you!" The pink earth pony said smiling warmly her muzzle inches away from the sleepy unicorn’s. As said unicorn got out of bed she went to her desk grabbing a brush with her magic.

"Umm Twilight... You don't look too good..." Pinkie said noticing the bags under her friends eyes.

"I'm fine, just a nightmare again" Twilight replied in a faint sleepy voice.

"That must’ve been one doozie of a nightmare!" The hyper pink pony gasped looking over the tired pony.

"Yes, it was..." The lavender pony got up once her mane was brushed. She then made her way down the stairs to her front door. "Time to go see what Rarity’s got." She said to herself before opening the door and making her way outside. She started walking through Ponyville though she kept getting this feeling that something was wrong. Once she had reached her friends shop, she gave the door a quick knock before opening it. Upon walking in she was greeted by Rarity who was placing dresses on the various mannequins on the bottom floor.

"Ohh, you arrived quickly" Rarity said in her regal tone.

"What did you call me for?" Twilight asked because Rarity hardly talked to her.

"Right! Remember that braggers cart?" The white unicorn said.

"You mean Trixies cart?" She replied obviously seeming unamused by her friends choice of words.

"Yes, well I recovered some things from it and I wanted to know if you could take them back to it’s original designer in Canterlot." Rarity said as her horn lit up and a purple cape and hat with blue and yellow stars were carried to her.

"Why?" The lavender mare wondered, when she noticed her heartbeat increased.

"Because, she’s obviously not coming back for them anytime soon. And maybe some other pony wants them, after all they do look marvellous" The white unicorn replied bringing the accessories to a bag. As she did so, the cape passed in front of Twilight’s muzzle and for some odd reason she sniffed it catching the scent of roses and chocolate. This made her heartbeat increase even more and she blushed when an image of the items owner passed her mind.

"A-alright" Twilight said slightly hypnotised. Once she had the bags she bid farewell and made her way back to the library. On her way home she caught a glimpse of something that was in the newspaper. Purchasing one to examine it further, she started to read it. Twilight's eyes shot open as she read the front page.

"WHAT!" She screamed her walk turning into a gallop when she started to cry believing she was the one responsible for her death by driving her away. It felt as if her heart had been torn right out of her chest, but she felt didn’t believe it, she couldn’t believe it! She took the cape out of the bag and held it in her hooves, tears coming down from her cheeks as the guilt of her actions kicked in. The sweet scent of roses and chocolate from the material slowly lulling her to sleep.


A MASSIVE SPECIAL THANKS TO Rainbowshy241 for helping correct this bit of the story, thank you sooo much ^_^ I don't know what do say but hey check Rainbowshy241

Author's Note:

ALSO WAIT FOR CHAPTER ONE.. Trixie is not dead ok just wait
Part 1 out of 5 this story was inspired by these lyrics from songs
1)Nightmare by sirenscoal
Just let me sleep, I die if I awake, but I'm already dead, this nightmare
and sadly number 2... the remix has been removed by the uploader but this is the inspiration I'm using for the romance part later in about chapter 3-4 before the ending 5 and those lyrics are.
There feels that you can't escape, All the regrets have been replaced, once you feel it you'll believe it.
Just fall tonight,can I love you like its the last time, Days go by, don't want to lose you like I did my mind.