• Published 7th Sep 2013
  • 750 Views, 13 Comments

Manehattan Zombie Outbreak - FxBlackJackx



Angelwhiskers rescued in the nightime chaos, is faced with an old mare's tale. She must obey and adapt to the new rules if she wishes to survive.

  • ...
2
 13
 750

Saviors

Angels stood in the middle of the alley, as if she was paralyzed. She realized her error and what danger she put herself and Sapphire in, for she had announced to every zombie for the next several blocks that she was here. She just couldn't help her mental breakdown, it's mind-twisting to see a pony die that gruesome death. She studied her surroundings, several zombies ran after their exact location, with the intent to feast. Most of the zombies were coming from the south, the direction of the apartment. Angel and Sapphire were hopelessly severed from Golden Sentry.

Crack!

The leading zombified pegasus was thrown off her hooves and her blood splattered the scenery and other zombies. It was a bullet, but not from either of the mares.

Angel shook out of her dazed state and searched for her protector.
She noticed a stallion in window about ten stories up with a beautiful wooden rifle.
He looked down into the ally and his voice bellowed with urgency.

"THIS WAY FOOLS!"

He waved his red hoof towards a door way several stories beneath him. He lifted up his zombie-bane and released another deadly projectile from his weapon. The bullet circulated through the air until it destroyed a unicorns nose. The bullet traveled at such a momentum it exited the zombie's skull and clanked to the ground.

Angel and Sapphire sprinted through the alleyway and came to the designated door. Angel slammed her body against the metal door causing it to fly open.
She glanced around her surroundings, she was in a large lobby with papers thrown across the room. There was a large crescent shaped table that sat in the middle of the room, facing the main doors. The walls were painted a cozy maroon and the lights emulated a soft glow.

"Any ideas Saph?" Angel asked urgently.

"Ah reckon we go up." Sapphire replied searching frantically for the stairwell.

Zombies poured in from the alleyway and clustered into the lobby door. The distant cracks of bullets still echoed throughout the back alleys.
Sapphire finally found a sign that directed her towards the stairs, she called to Angel who rushed over to the newly found stairwell. Angelwhiskers took notice of a sign a sign that said C1 and she made note that it was about to become forsaken. She then dashed up the stairs, two steps at a time with Sapphire close behind her. The zombies chased after the two mares about a floor or two beneath them,
Floor six, Angel could feel pain within her chest, she knew this wasn't the time to take a break so she struggled through her cramp.
Floor ten, a muscular earth pony stallion opened the door and beckoned the mares inside. He was blonde, with a short white mane and a shaggy beard. He rushed them inside and slammed the door shut. The three ponies backed away from the door, more at ease and waited for a response from the door. A large bang was heard on the other side of the door followed by more slamming noises. The wooden door cracked and the hinges bent.
A another stallion rushed around the hallway intersection, he had a dusty brown coat and a yellow mane shaped into a fohawk. He held a weapon lock in grasp in between his teeth and a large blade strapped to his flank. Angel realized what the stallion held, he held a broom, but with an ordinary kitchen knife secured onto it with several layers of duct tape, this clever stallion created a homemade spear. He neared the group, sweat trickled down his brow and he offered his blade to his companion. The muscular pony took the dagger shaped blade from the rear of his friend and shifted it around to where he held it comfortably within his jaws.
A large crash came from the doorway and splinters were thrown in all directions. Angel shielded her face with her hoof and she felt the dull wooden shards bounce off her foreleg.
The two stallions rushed the oncoming zombies as if they were prepared for this moment all of their lives. The skinner stallion slashed his spear at a unicorn's face and created a red laceration along its muzzle. He readjusted and thrusted his spear deep into the unicorns open mouth. The muscular colt didn't stop running and tackled the closest zombie knocking it over. Within moments he stabbed his blade into the forehead of the earthpony. He grunted and ripped his knife out to face the next pony.
The muscular pony turned around and gave a command to the mares who stood, gawking at the scene.

"Run that way! Tiki will meet up with you!" His voice bellowed throughout the office hallway. Then he returned to knock down a zombified stallion to the ground.

Angel and Sapphire turned directions and hoofed it down the hallway. The patterns on the carpet made her a little dizzy, interwoven circles into other circular shapes. There were sections of office buildings along each intersection and the walls were painted a dark violet color. She was nearing the hallway and was forced to turn directions. She rounded the corner and founded a pegasus flying halfway down the hallway towards them. His red wings shifted the air underneath him so he gently came to a halt in front of them. He had a short brown mane and a golden muzzle. His muzzle faded into a darker shade of gold until it blended into his red coat at his eye level. His light green eyes flickered in the light. He had a golden guideline along the tip of his wings, almost as if it was a bar and his red feathers were the curtain. He had a beautifully carved wooden rifle strapped to his side secured by a black strap.

"You're Mickey?" Angel asked the stranger. "You're the one who saved us?"

"I'd prefer Tiki if you don't mind. And yes I have, I'm glad you remembered. Come on it's not safe yet, follow me." The crimson pegasus said in reassuring voice and he kicked off the ground and flew the direction he arrived from.

"Nice to meet you too." Angel whispered to herself.

"Come on love, let's not fall behind now." Sapphire said taking the lead.

They rushed after pegasus down the violet hallways.
The mares chased Tiki down each corner until reaching a stairwell. This stairwell had a marked sign that said B10. Tiki bounced off the floor and flew up the empty space In between the flight of stairs. He stopped and hovered at floor twelve for the two mares.
Angel's hooves were aching by time she climbed the concrete stairs. Tiki opened the door and allowed the two mares into the room. It resembled a break room, a large one at that, several couches and in another room; a kitchen with tables and everything. The couches really called out to her, beckoning her to come and crash into slumber. The walls were a light green and a television was turned on to the Equestrian-news.

"So tell me what you were doing down there in the alleys." Tiki's voiced demanded over her shoulder.

"I-I was avenging a friend.." Angel said hesitantly.

"That was foolish of you. The dead are dead, what did you imagine you'd accomplish by attracting the entire city here?"

"I don't know, I was frustrated.. Do you have a bed? Our filly needs to rest." Angel asked.

"Couch should do." Tiki said pointing to the dark brown couch. Sapphire walked over to the couch and gently set Babs down on the cracked leather surface. She set her head on the arm of the couch and then set her right hoof on her back and stretched to align her spine back into its original position. As Sapphire walked back to the group she heard footsteps from outside the break room.
The two unnamed colts entered the room, splattered with blood, each with weapon placed at their sides.

"How'd it go?" Tiki asked his companions hugging both of them.

The skinnier colt responded first. "Good, thinned them out but there are still a lot wondering the tenth floor."

"That's still good news to me." Tiki responded and turned to face Angel and Sapphire. "Girls, this is Snakes." The skinny dusty colt made eye contact with Angel. "And that's Titan." He muscular colt spoke up to greet the mares.

"Pleasure to meet you. Uhm who are you?"

Sapphire responded. "Ah'm Sapphire, and that's my compadre Angelwhiskers." She smiled and tilted her head at the couch. "And that's Babs over there."

"Titan, why don't you show them to the bedroom?" Tiki gestured.

"Sure." He then turned to the mares, "I don't suppose you plan on sleeping elsewhere." Then he lead Angel and Sapphire out into a nearby doorway.

Once they were out of earshot Snakes turned to Tiki, with suns blazing within his pupils. "Why did we help them?! They could have gotten us killed!"

"They had a filly.. I couldn't watch them die."

"You know what happens when we trust strangers."

"I didn't say I trust them, and I won't after what happened to your sister."

"I loved Piper. I can't watch another pony close to me die."

"I'll make sure we're safe."


Titan led the two mares into a large room. The room was filled with stuff; several mattresses on the ground, a broken-into vending machine, a refrigerator, and other cardboard boxes.

"You two can take any bed." He said and retrieved two extra blankets from one of the unopened boxes.

"Thanks Titan." Sapphire said and crawled over to a bed.

"The other two and I will be in the other room, try not to do anything stupid." Titan instructed.

"One question" Angel spoke up before Titan exited.

"Yeah?"

"Who are you three."

"No pony important."
And he exited the room and flicked the lights off.

Angel crawled into a random bed, lied down, and set her head on her pillow. She fell asleep quite quickly and dreams soon followed her mind.


Angelwhiskers could feel herself in a bed, more comfortable than before. She opened her eyes and saw her coltfriend, Safehaven lying beside her. She knew it was a dream but she enjoyed it anyway. His touch enlivened her senses and she nuzzled into his chest. For once she felt tranquil. A few moments passed when she could feel a rush of frosty air blow into her mane. She opened her eyes again and she took a moment to process where she was. She got to her hooves and scanned the area. It was Times-Square! But something felt odd, every light around her was turned off. An eerie sight to see in anyplace in Manehattan. She concentrated on her surroundings and was taken aback at the fog around the roads. Several zombified ponies rushed towards her, the combinations of howls and moans immobilized her. Even if she wanted to run she was surrounded by hordes of undead. They reached closer to her and she let out a panicking scream as they knocked her over onto the black road.

Everything went grey and she woke up heaving. Her stomach pounded and her body purged her stomach. She rushed out of bed and scurried to the sink. She emptied her mouth and stomach of everything it contained. She felt like she was hungover without alcohol.

"What the hay Angel? What's wrong?" Sapphire said urgently.

"Uhm.. Uh nightmares I guess."

"Oh.. Well you can sleep with me if you'd like. Only if you promise nota' puke on me." Sapphire said and chuckled to herself.

Angel stuck her head underneath the faucet and rinsed out her mouth with the tap. "Yeah, no problem."

"It was only ah nightmare sunshine."

Author's Note:

Sorry for such a delay; school, the inability to save a chapter before exiting my document, that kind of stuff. Anyway I've finally finished and I hope you like this chapter.